Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What race should goons play for PvP shenanigans?
This poll is closed.
Furry Dominion 352 27.24%
Orc Covenant 464 35.91%
Lizard Pact 476 36.84%
Total: 1292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
poo poo post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

If I remember right, ballistas also have lightning variants but I only saw those at the training area.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hydrogen_3 posted:

So, for enchanting can you not disassemble/research already enchanted items? I couldn't figure it out if you could.

To enchant you need 3 different stones. This makes a sigil based on how you combined them.

The skills for enchanting let you make stronger words. You don't need to research them at all. You can disassemble already made sigils to get the stones you need or find the stones in small lanterns / altars on the ground in the world.

The only thing you research is traits on weapons and armor which are a bit different.

Click this to see the traits available

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Reposting this.

All during beta the pvp populations were close to this.

The Furry Dominion generally had more or was tied with the Lizard Pact which had more than the Orc Covenant. On the private test server it is about the same.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Thanks to the last beta, we have convinced plenty of people to get this game. More than we should have really.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We should probably mention what you get out of collectors edition, preorders from zenimax and from other people, and green man gaming letting you get up to 25% off.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

They get swim speed increase as a racial.

The water around the capital city of cyrodiil and the river going to the black marsh in the south east can not be crossed.

If you look at this map you will see that there isn't much water besides those points.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

One of the better things is once you get to 50 and finish your story, you do another sides pve. I don't know the specifics on this though, as in if pvp changes. I doubt it does.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Just going to repost. You hit 50? You can go back and do another factions questing area as your same character.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Orv posted:

Gettin' a bit spergy in here.

I was sleeping and missed like 4 chances to post bad fan art.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Darkmoon2k posted:

Grithok & Orv calling people spergs is adorable. :haw:

What makes Dragon Knights so sturdy? I've seen several videos like this, but I have no experience with them. What's in their toolkit that really makes this work so well? It's pretty impressive.

The Draconic power and Earthen heart lines both are defensive.

Draconic Power has most things to keep you alive by buffing your self or healing.

Earthen Heart is more about debuffing the enemy but still has a few self or group buffs.

Even their line with damage, Ardent Flame, has at least one morph heal.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Incapacitates last until you get hit or a few seconds, and that is the kneeling over bit.

You can use stamina to get out of certain CC like roots, but I'm not sure about in that situation.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I think it was the later. There is a help page on their website but they are not clear on it.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2939

quote:

WILL THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE PREVENT THE OVERUSE OF CROWD-CONTROL EFFECTS IN PVP?
Updated 11/12/2013 01:43 PM
Published 11/12/2013 12:42 PM

While crowd-control effects are an option in PvP, all players also have stamina that they can use to break out of those effects. Breaking out grants players an extra few seconds of immunity to incoming crowd control. Remember, though, that stamina is a finite resource which tired characters must recover even if it has no timed cooldown.

In addition a number of skill lines such as Heavy Armor and Alliance War Support offer abilities that help counter crowd control.

It isn't explained well in the game and it does take a lot of stamina. I believe most people just don't know about it. Another reason I am going to be redguard.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I believe it was a normal dodge that would break you out of it. That or right and left mouse buttons. I can't recall.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is web 2.0 as hell and you can save presets by dragging a dot from your selection into a pop up window.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Magic.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Bashez posted:

I cannot fathom the reasoning behind making a skill like this.

Hunting stealthed people.

Capntastic posted:

Do we know how XP is distributed? If I have, say, 3 two-hander skills and 2 other skills in my hotbar, is XP I get distributed 3/2? Or is it more efficient to have as many skill lines represented as possible (like with the wear-every-armor-type example stated above)?

Having different skills seems to slow the progression. All one skill tree seems to improve the progression. Same with armor.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Bashez posted:

Am I just being whiny because I like playing melee stealthers?

Yes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I really need to be kinder but I just can't.

Go look at the detection range on that ability, then go look at all the ranges for bows, nightblade teleports, or melee charge attacks.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Your point is awful since you get a 22 meter range teleport to target to melee and mage light works 12 meters.

You get one from sword and board and from two handed weapons as well.

You get a invis which it does not see through and a 5 meter teleport to target.

This stops 50% of the crit damage, and crit damage is 50%, plus you get even more as night blade or in medium armor.

You don't actually have an argument here.

From stealth means when you press ctrl and crouch down. Any attack from this is a stealth attack. Including abilities.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I ran around with mage light last beta constantly. It was upgraded with that shield and got to rank 2.

It helped me find stealthed people who were running or hiding. Normal detection range is about 10 meters with an ocular cone. This makes it 12 meters and 360 degrees.

It doesn't stop anyone who wants to use melee or ranged attacks on me from stealth.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Do you have issues with the abilities in the game that make you harder to detect?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Givin posted:

Is any information about PVE being drown out by PVP sperging or is this mainly a PVP game? I just want to chill with a few friends and slay monsters in multiplayer Skyrim Lite rather than having to worry about if my build is optimal or not in case some dude comes around and wants to flex his E-Bushido.

There are issues with PVE with friends. If you choose path A on a quest and they choose path B, you may not see each other in certain parts. Or if you beat the quest and go back to help your friend, you will be in the completed instance and they will be in the incomplete part.

The only thing that feels like a multiplayer TES game is the pvp map where you ignore pvp.

Rannison posted:

I know it's been talking about but how does XPing in Cyrodiil work?

I know you get loot that's level appropriate and such but is the XP better than doing the same thing outside of Cyrodiil?

The XP is worse in Cyordiil than outside of it. The quests outside are on rails but you got a few options on where you go. You will end up doing most if not all of the quests in the PvE zones to be the right level.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

They sent out a survey and just like last time, they have no god drat idea how to do surveys.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I managed to get to level 22 and have enough skill points spare to keep 1 craft up. I'm sure later on I'll just have enough skill points just for the one guy.

I won't be making crafting alts.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

HideousPenguinBoy posted:

Too spergy just to say, "Hey, every Goon, pick one craft and put it on our guild list. Try to populate everything."

Pretty sure a list of crafters in the guild is just sperg central.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There MIGHT be another beta weekend. If there is one, I wouldn't say it is this weekend but next weekend.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

quote:

According to IGN Finland, a new beta session seems to be on Friday, March 14th at 12:00PM EST until Sunday, March 16th at 11:59PM EST.

Found this on their boards.

http://fi.ign.com/news/2407/jaossa-the-elder-scrolls-online-beetakoodeja

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 6, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is similar to that xcom game that was done in the 1950s and was a fps on rails. It isn't expected from the name.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You are exaggerating in a few spots.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Normal rewards for questing or exploring. Everything scaled to your level though. Just a lot less quests and a lot less stream lined.

The solo dungeons were the same way. They were a bit better in lay out than the solo dungeons in pve, except for being a bit harder due to level scaling. We got several items from bosses that seem to scale to your level. So the purple shoulders I got and someone else got are the same except stats due to level difference.

Other than that, every objective you capture and every so many kills you get give you a bag of random green, maybe blue, loot. Then you could go buy green or blue loot of certain armor or weapon types.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Extra posted:

The fact that another faction has your elder scroll(s) has near 0 impact on your gameplay. Scrolls give a very inconsequential buff. Most players didn't care to even try to go that far into enemy territory to try and get it back. That and getting it back amounts to your same old PvDoor keep siege where the biggest zerg wins.

e: At least with Guild Wars 2 there's no sub.

And here I was, seeing Red take Blues scroll, Blue fighting to get it back, Blue running back with it, and then the ambush by both Yellow and Red as people caring about scrolls. There were so many people in one area the server crashed.

Making this more clear. This was an ambush by Yellow and Red in Blues territory to take Blues scroll that Blue just stole back.

Stop being melodramatic and exaggerating today. These posts read like a gamefaq post.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Extra posted:

You chose to omit that it took about 5-6 hours for blue to even make an attempt at getting it back and then they completely ignored it when the server came back up. It was something to do out of boredom from the normal keep drudgery (especially when Blue was receiving their scheduled poo poo getting kicked in session) and after they realized it really didn't matter and wasn't all that fun in the first place no one cared enough to make another run at getting it back for the remainder of the weekend if I recall correctly.

No seriously, stop being melodramatic. I didn't choose to omit that it took time for a large thing to happen. I just thought most people could figure out that it took time for a large thing to happen without me saying anything.

They didn't completely ignore it when the server came back up. The server just crashed when they attempted it. There are plenty of reasons one would not want to repeat the scenario that caused the server to crash during a limited play time beta.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The time it takes to get back to a fight is very important. You can win sieges through attrition if the run is far enough. It often is. This is a real penalty.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

In the last beta campaign that was 2 or 3 days I didn't score high and just got some gold.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

From earlier in the thread.

Third World Reggin posted:

quote:

quote:
According to IGN Finland, a new beta session seems to be on Friday, March 14th at 12:00PM EST until Sunday, March 16th at 11:59PM EST.
Found this on their boards.

http://fi.ign.com/news/2407/jaossa-the-elder-scrolls-online-beetakoodeja

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There are different pvp servers that you can elect to go into. You will sign up for one guest server and one home server.

Last beta there were 25 servers of which about 5 got used. Each server can have a combined player count of around 2000.

Home servers cost a lot to change, but they said if you want to move to a less popular one it will be of a lesser cost, maybe free.

At the campaign end you get rewarded for your actions on your home server.

EDIT: it is only one zone though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The best part of having an emperor isn't gaining it but taking it away from who ever had it on the other team.

• Locked thread