Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What race should goons play for PvP shenanigans?
This poll is closed.
Furry Dominion 352 27.24%
Orc Covenant 464 35.91%
Lizard Pact 476 36.84%
Total: 1292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sureal
Nov 12, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Just going to repost. You hit 50? You can go back and do another factions questing area as your same character.

From what I learned from a question and answer session with a "real" beta tester during the server crashes this weekend, is that you level from 1-50 in your faction, then Veteran rank 1-5 in another faction (one rank per zone and as if you were a member of the faction), then Veteran rank 5-10 as the third faction.

The way I understood it veteran level monsters keep scaling in difficulty while your character plateaus, but you get better gear and more points to spend. He also made it sound like the difficulty of the veteran level monsters requires much more skill, build depth, or creativity for progression.

e: Also you can train your mounts to either run faster or increase your carrying capacity.

Sureal fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010

BadLlama posted:

I hope the new game ++ modes turn out to be good. It sounds like it could actually be an interesting thing to do once you hit level cap rather than just running raids or whatever.

He specifically said it took about 80 hours of play per faction for a total of about 240 for a rank 10 veteran.

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010
Found this PTR video of some high level PVP with a long dual at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMuP8UdChrw

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010
For purely leveling purposes does it make sense to buy a skill from each of your class schools and slot them on your action bar early on? The idea being that the experience starts going to all of your lines at once. It becomes less of an issue past level 15 (I think) when you start getting experience from both bars.

Also would the same tactic work for armor experience, run around like a hobo with at least one piece of each armor type to unlock skills faster?

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010

Orv posted:

That's exactly how they got there, provided I'm reading you right. They farmed the PvP-PvE quests for two days straight.

There were 50s in open beta who, I'm sure, did exactly this. My hunch is some of the closed beta guilds will be poopsocking the PvP-PvE quest hubs during early access/launch and have 50s/Veterans within days.

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010
Is there any intention to start a private thread or forum for ESO for coordinating the guild and so forth?

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010
List of tips that appears to be updated frequently.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1493169-tips-i-wish-id-known-when-i-started/

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010

jestest posted:

I like the idea of being able to play all the content, but some of it doesn't make contextual sense. Why would a person who came from DC help EP repel the DC invasion in the second starting zone?

Supposedly, the coldharbor storyline ending addresses this subject in some sort of sensical fashion.

Wadjamaloo posted:

It's turd but if you clench your butthole tight enough you might just find a low grade industrial PvP diamond in your sock.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Sureal fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 13, 2014

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010
Where do we find the CTS mumble info? I have four or so Goon mumbles but most are associated with specific games.

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010
My newly created Orc is in the elf lands and I am part of dominion for some reason. I never saw a choice between factions. Did I miss something?

E: Apparently you now need to select faction on character creation (with preorder), and dominion is the default...

Sureal fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 14, 2014

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010

Llyd posted:

Haven't found anything in the last pages so here goes.
This is all based on Clothier/Blacksmith, and is still pretty raw. I did not count the materials you get back from deconstructing (seems highly random) nor the effect of crafting with aspects (if any), but the basic principle should hold.

From what I've seen, crafting and deconstruct xp is only based on the produced item level.
So, outside of crafting your own equipment:
- Craft the maximum level object for your material tier (you can craft above your character level)
- Craft the object using the least amount of raw material

It changes the amount of raw material needed quite a bit.
From memory, upping clothier from level 3 to 4 can take roughly 300 jute with lvl 12 belts, or 600 with lvl 1 belts.
Skyrim's blacksmiths will feel at home, crafting a poo poo-ton of iron daggers.

For a crafting alt, maxing a crafting branch takes 21 skill points.
You can take that down to 18 if you don't take the shiny material skill, which I don't find very useful (especially if your main does the collecting).
For a maxed out crafting alt, counting quests and shards, we're talking lvl 10-12, without any weapon/class skill.

That's all for now :tipshat:

What I've heard/read is that if you deconstruct your own crafted gear there is an xp penalty, I have not heard confirmation of or if that is tied to your character or account.

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010

Rancid Liverwurst posted:

...This weekend's test I started fresh and leveled up faster than the previous tests, even with the bugged quests in Daggerfall. I started from Coldharbor and by the time I goto Glenumbra I was almost level 8...

It could be I'm getting used to the game, or having read up alittle or a combo of both. I added a skill point in each one of the 3 class skills, and had that skill on my bar even if I didn't use it.

I'm not sure if auto leveling the skills up add to overall XP, but it seemed to. I also equipped a few of each armor type and leveled up those skills.

I did exactly this in this beta and was able to get to level 20. I quested to level 15 before entering Cyrodiil. I skipped the starter island and found myself constantly about 3 levels below the current content I was working on, which made it slightly more of challenge. I did not go out of my way to explore or search for quests but grabbed every one I saw on my radar/compass. I only encountered one bugged quest last night which a relog didn't address.

Adding one point in each class tree and keeping abilities on the bar did seem to work very well. The multi-armor type trick also worked but becomes less viable as you start to invest in one of the trees and the benefits are based on number of pieces equipped.

Barring some gimmick or exploit it would appear that questing is a pretty decent way to level. I don't consider my play time this weekend as poopsocking and didn't feel like I was pushing myself to level, just some decent playing time Friday night and Saturday morning.

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010
Bow Sorcs are completely viable, played one this weekend and was having fun. I didn't train any secondary weapon, but instead used the alternate slots as solo vs group skill sets. Coming from a bow/siphon nightblade I did feel there was a lack of heal at least early on (PVE) and that pushed me towards heavy armor for the hp regen bonus in addition to my orc regen bonus. This was my first foray into the class without really researching or looking at other's builds though, so I'm sure there are others here with better builds.

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010

Extra posted:

Breton Sorcerer.

This or potentially a Breton Dragon Knight (fire magic)(unless they nerfed it after some of the beta videos/feedback).

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010

jestest posted:

Got a link to any of those vids? Is it just player saying they should get a nerf mallet, or someone on PTS saying they already got it?

Beta video from earlier in the thread, not sure if this is still viable. Two high level DKs dualing at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMuP8UdChrw

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010

BadLlama posted:

I don't understand why they dont just put a weapons rack after you kill the two skeletons. I assumed they just gave you a sword to better help people learn the basics of attacking and blocking. Once that was done why not have the weapon racks?

They probably saw people taking twenty minutes to decide the weapon for some of the open beta tests or something, and decided decisions are too hard.

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010

BadLlama posted:

I still cannot decide on the race I want to play. This sucks.

We should make our guild 100% Orc and no one will have trouble choosing anymore.

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010

Omar_Comin posted:

For those of you wondering how soon you can become a vampire after launch, I just completed the vampire ritual at level 16.

Is the ritual something you would naturally discover along normal play or something everyone will just google/ask a beta player where to find it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010

Kaddish posted:

So is the Northpoint quest in Rivenspire bugged for everyone? It was definitely bugged for everyone in the area and relogging didn't help. Really grinds my gears!

I was able to complete it this morning when the population was down, I think it still required at least one relog.

• Locked thread