Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What race should goons play for PvP shenanigans?
This poll is closed.
Furry Dominion 352 27.24%
Orc Covenant 464 35.91%
Lizard Pact 476 36.84%
Total: 1292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Good OP.

Is this the thread where we determine the names of Goon guilds?
Because there really needs to be an Ebonpact guild named N'wahs with Attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I also found this game much better than goons were reporting. We'll see how much better will next beta be.

But all of that is moot since I'm currently broke as gently caress, so I wont be buying it a release. Maybe at a later time when they patch up the game even more.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

BadLlama posted:

Yeah that is the exact reason he gave but I just can't get over a faction of just Elves and Furries. Next beta weekend I will probably make a new character to check out the whole zone and see what its all about.

It would be better if wood elves and redguards switch places. Then you'll have one human, one elf and one weirdo per faction. The only problem is that will have zero sense geographically and let's face it, geographic proximity is the only reason for these factions as they are.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Good thing about ESO is that you can use <space> and have a very generous character limit.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Stanley Pain posted:

They've put more thought into PVP than I thought they would. It's taken me completely by surprise. They didn't really hype it all that much either.

Which is ironic since the earliest hate against ESO was because of over-hype.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

poptart_fairy posted:

Roleplayers are pissed they're getting compared to Twilight vampires. :iamafag:

The hate against the vampires in ESO is entirely justified. Since the main antagonist is Molag Bal and the vampires have come to exist by being repeatedly goatsed by him, we should do our sacred duty and make fun of them whenever we go.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

What happens with my skill exp gain if I invest in more skill trees as opposed to focus on less? For example, if I have a spear templar will I level the spear skill tree faster than if I have spear and restoration?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Oh, so it's the ratio of slots for skill lines that counts, thanks!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

drat, there were at least 15 gigs in today's update.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Xae posted:

I have 0 interest in getting Emperor and 0 possibility of getting it. I still think it is an interesting mechanic and adds something to the game.

I feel the same way. I neither want nor realistically could become an emperor, but I think it's a nifty mechanic. The only thing that I want is an ability to throw rotten eggs at them while shouting NEEEEEERRRRRDDDDD!!!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I noticed that there were many zones missing from the world map. Will those zones be available at launch, or are they planning to add them in patches/expansions? I gravitate toward the former because it makes more sense (only iron ores in beta...) but would still like a confirmation from someone more knowledgeable.

I also noticed that you can zoom out all the way to a map showing more than Tamriel, so it seems that they are planning to add more continents at later date :dance:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Greenllama posted:

I was under the impression that they were intentionally blocking off most of the content during the beta, but I might be wrong.

That's my impression too, but it's always good to have things confirmed.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I haven't played Oblivion in years so I can't comment on that, but that fog gotta go.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Settings/Visual/Distance Fog Yes/No - PC Master Race :smuggo:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

When starting the launcher yesterday, a message popped up and said that EU servers will be available this beta and your US characters should be available for you to play on EU servers. In case anyone is wondering, da?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

That weird mouse floating problem I had last beta is fixed, so good job :thumbsup:

Now I'm gonna get used to running in a straight line.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

As someone who has played every TES game except the spinoffs, and only experience with MMOs are a month of WOW and a few days of TOR, I must say that I like this game. It could be better, absolutely, but it's good enough for me.

Just ditch the subs k tnx bye!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Rancid Liverwurst posted:

87% of the quests in the Daggerfall area are bugged to poo poo. This doesn't bode well for the launch in two weeks.

Last character I played was a Breton from covenant, and after my third bugged quest I tend to 87% agree with you. That was more bugs than on my dorc last beta, and one of the bugged quest was even fine before.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I have a longstanding fantasy RPG tradition of using an extremely common "normal" first name, and with millions of people sharing one megaserver I'd be racing the clock even more than usual on that one. For starters I'd be up against countless dudes actually named that. In the past, if it wasn't the first guy I made on pre-launch day, I was out of luck. Sure I could just cheat it later by giving him a last name, but it would eat at me a little. The simple unadorned plainness of the name is kinda the point, you know?

In general I feel like the short, catchy names are gonna go FAST in this game, even just from people putting random letters together. It's that million monkeys on a million keyboards scenario. And they'll all be used up by assholes who will quit after the free month. Myself potentially among them! I'm sure some of the more fanciful ones I like will still be up for grabs in the future, but losing my #1 favorite would take the wind out of my sails. Enough that it's a factor in my decision.

You can always ask some early access goon to "hold" it for you. He creates a character by that name and then sits on it until you buy the game. Then he deletes it just before you create yours.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

kedo posted:

Huh? I didn't notice death mattering at all when I played. Have they changed something, or was I just ignoring mechanics?

e: Keeping in mind "death matters" in my opinion means losing equipment, or XP or other things that make you really want to avoid death, as opposed to, say, putting you in an inconvenient spot and making you spend a few bucks on repairs.

\/\/ Oh, okay. So the latter then. It "matters" in that it's a minor inconvenience.

Death doesn't matter individually (you don't lose XP or items or durability...). It matters globally that you loose battles because reinforcement is far away and being ganked by goons one by one.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

kedo posted:

I was thinking more in terms of PVE. I can understand how a long run would impact PVP, but still. Don't get in a huff <3

In PvE you loose item durability, that I'm sure of. I don't remember if there is anything else.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Nektu posted:

:siren: OK EU players, lets get this started.
Vote for the faction we will go:

Altmeri: 2
Ebonheart: 1
Daggerfall: 0

I also seem to remember that everybody has to choose a PvP server as primary at some point. Could someone shed some light on that?

vvvv Just quote it and add your choice...

OK, why not. Ebonheart

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Third World Reggin posted:

I just reached that.

I like the Morrowind one, with the cliff racer in the distance. Seems fitting.

Also voted on that site about EU goon guild.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Gammon posted:

What do you think of the Dark Elf racials going with a dragon knight? The bonus to fire spell damage seems pretty good, and more magicka/stamina is also a pretty nice combination. It'd be a no-brainer for me if they weren't loving elves.

It's fine, Dunmer are cool elves just like Dwemer.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

pertinent posted:

You've got it upside down friend. Every city has a guild store person. If you're in the guild, you can trade with the guild at the guild store person. If you're not in the guild, you have to visit the Keep in Cyrodil to trade with the guild, provided the guild has one.

This is true. I used the guild bank while I was playing in tutorial Daggerfall area (Daggergoons guild). Funny thing was, that was during the last beta while I was playing on EU servers, as I was still part of the goon guild I entered while I was on US servers in one beta before :shrug:

I also could access the auction house or whatever goodies guild offered me. I forgot to try it with non covenant characters.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Nektu posted:

Wait, what? Is that a glich? If that still works we should totally go for that.

I honestly have no idea. Even though I transferred to EU servers, I was still part of US Daggergoon guild. Guild chat was empty, so I guess I couldn't talk to anybody in US and EU goons were probably silent (or nonexistant). But I could grab things from guild bank in PvE cities, and I took a hundred iron ingots from it to craft myself a full suit of iron armor. Don't worry, I put back what was left and later added some of mine.

I didn't really thought of that at the time, but in retrospect I should have asked in guild chat if anybody was around, and try to use the guild bank as someone from other faction but :effort:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Guild banks are cross faction, which is nice. Cross servers is still pretty lol.

If cross server guilds were not some hilarious Bethesda Zenimax Online glitch, then we don't need different US and EU guilds, we could all be one happy orc family.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

BadLlama posted:

There is no unarmed skill line and no plans to implement one. I actually do not know if you are able to just throw a punch though as I never tried.

Yeah, you can throw punches when unarmed.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Did anyone tried mixing armor types and be relatively successful? I wonder if it would work.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Eonwe posted:

They should also be let in if they post a video of them eating a whole jar of mayonnaise or write a 3 page paper about their favorite DBZ episode. :colbert:

Wouldn't that make them an instant GBS superstar?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

BadLlama posted:

Have you even stepped in the Starcitizen thread? Because my god there are like forty of them in there, luckily they get like 3 years before that fake game is ready.

Where's the new thread? I can only find that gasmined monstrosity.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

The House of Goon
House Of Move Like This
House of Troubles
The Skoomahead Cornerclub
2 Orcs 1 Goblet <------ This right here is the height of hilarity
Dorcs of War
Poopsocker's Guild
Harvesters of Pubbie Tears
Mates of Sheogorath
Manor of Awful
Elves n'swit
Redguards with Attitude
1 Dolla no Holla
Yagrum Bagarn's crew
Moon Sugar High
Witches ain't swit
Order of the Tendrakes

There, that should cover it, I hope you are all happy now :colbert:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

You are going to have really weird and strange people go off and pick something farther down the list.

Probably roleplayers having duels and stuff.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Bauxite posted:

I vote that Omar hits his head on the keyboard and that's our new guild name.

I'm not Omar but:

njmhu

There we go, a new Goon guild name njmhu ladies and gentlemen!

Why the gently caress not

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Lets just drop the issue OK? We don't want goon drama to ruin things even before the game is out, Orv closing the thread again and Reggin getting banned for it (again).

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Tokaii posted:

I'm 71 and try to avoid being a cliche old fart, but 'let me tell you about the old days.'

I began playing commercial online multiplayer games on a service called Compuserve in 1982. There would only be a few hundred in a game at most so I guess they were mo's not mmo's.

My point relative to your post is that besides the phone call which was not always local we paid $6 an hour to play these games at a blazing 300 bps. I had one monthly Compuserve biil over $1,000.

So to me, these marvelous games at $15 a month are a dream come true.

OK, turning off grandpa mode.

And when you adjust for inflation, those $1000 were worth even more.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Ninogan posted:

Rank 1 in Cyrodiil on my EU campaign has 67,238 points. #4 has 17,000. I never saw anyone with that much as the #1 guy in beta. How the hell did he do it? Just nonstop playing or exploits? What do you guys think?

Probably several people non-stop playing the same character.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Oliax posted:

Which makes me think that the "tanking sorcerer in full plate" would indeed be very possible. (Still sounds weird...)

To be fair, TES sorcerers were always armored casters (leather and chain in Daggerfall, heavy and medium in Morrowind and heavy in Oblivion).

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Scyantific posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MySC13H_2cE

In case this wasn't already posted. Starting to think ZOS should have just gone "gently caress it," and made a feature length film instead of an mmo.

Also, this proves that Ebonheart is indeed the most :black101: faction.

I always find these really boring. Don't get me wrong they are very competent technically, but it's just so much poo poo happening and without any narration.

Also, Argonians are redshirts of TES. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I beat the game. The ending is bad.

So like a true TES game then :v:

• Locked thread