Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I thought it was pretty good, or at least no worse than an average episode of Mushishi. Just longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Ezzum posted:

Looks like an okay season. I was really excited for MushiShi s2, but the special kind of tempered my enthusiasm. It was pretty, but didn't quite match up in terms of narrative to the first season.

Hopefully it really is as good.

I wouldn't expect the narrative to decline in quality because I don't remember anyone ever mentioning the manga declining in quality, but yes being excited about mushishi definitely goes against the spirit of the series.

Ezzum
Mar 13, 2014

For Now

Fingers of Fury posted:

I wouldn't expect the narrative to decline in quality because I don't remember anyone ever mentioning the manga declining in quality, but yes being excited about mushishi definitely goes against the spirit of the series.

That's also a good point.

Also I guess nothing is really nothing is changing between season one. Same staff, etc.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Ezzum posted:

That's also a good point.

Also I guess nothing is really nothing is changing between season one. Same staff, etc.
Which is kind of amazing considering it has been almost 9 years since the first season. The special felt like they never stopped. The biggest change was omitting "The Sore Feet Song" from the opening.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I would not be surprised at all if the series itself kept the same opening.

But yea, in anime most of the major creatives move around a lot, working on projects that are only one or two seasons. Terrible for job security, but cool for things like this.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Apparently the Sailor Moon thing has been "extra" confirmed for this Summer. Still no idea on the format or whatever. I updated the dates for poo poo in the OP.

And that thing that was announced is this:

April M3: That Black Steel
New original anime by Satelight. It's being directed by Junichi Sato (Sailor Moon, Aria), composition is by Mari Okada (Hanasaku Iroha, Toradora, bunch of bad original stuff), with mechanicald esign by Shoji Kawamori (Eureka Seven, Macross, Aquarion). We have literally no idea what it's about. HMMMM.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

New Captain Earth preview with robot fightin.

http://cache.avex.jp/artist/captain-earth/pv0315.mp4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna watch that show with Shoji Kawamori mecha designs as long as he doesn't have anything else to do with it.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Woah, poo poo. I was so busy rolling my eyes, I nearly scrolled on past this one. The first season was the most chill show in the world, so looking forward to some more of that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dezinus posted:

Woah, poo poo. I was so busy rolling my eyes, I nearly scrolled on past this one. The first season was the most chill show in the world, so looking forward to some more of that.

In case you missed it, one episode has already been put out.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/mushi-shi

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Sakurazuka posted:

Gonna watch that show with Shoji Kawamori mecha designs as long as he doesn't have anything else to do with it.

Kawamori may be a better writer than Mari Okada, so this might not be a prudent course. Do not take this as an endorsement of Kawamori's writing.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

AzraelNewtype posted:

Kawamori may be a better writer than Mari Okada, so this might not be a prudent course. Do not take this as an endorsement of Kawamori's writing.

Mari Okada wrote 9 episodes of one of my (if not the) favorite series, so I take offense to this!

Seriously though, I'm not ready to drat Kawamori's non-designing skills just yet, though I'd probably feel more comfortable if he stuck to them. He might surprise!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I was curious so I looked Mari Okada up. That sure is a list of badly-written, incoherent, rambling shows... but also The Woman Named Fujiko Mine. :raise:

Even a broken clock's right twice a day, I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

AzraelNewtype posted:

Taking a look of the stuff she's been involved with, they run the gamut from irredeemable poo poo to some of my favourite series so it could go any way.

Then again a couple of my favourite shows also involve Kawamori as more than a mecha designer. None are from after the late 90's, obviously though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Fujiko Mine ruled and Aquarion EVOL was deece. She has written bad stuff too of course but I enjoy the original stuff she has worked on more often than not. I can't really begrudge a writer for doing stuff like writing scripts for an adaption of an incest light novel because hey, writers gotta eat too.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Look, I have a hard time forgiving anyone involved in the second season of Darker Than Black.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Durarara! is getting another anime.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Whaaaaaaat?
Well, that's honestly a surprise. A welcome one to be sure, but drat, I didn't think that was in the cards at all.

Also 10 year anniversary. :psyduck: That makes me feel even older than normal.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome
Wow, all kinds of crazy poo poo is getting second seasons lately. I'm guessing more Spice and Wolf or Kino's Journey is too much to ask for, though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I've tried reading the translations of the light novels for a while but couldn't get into them at all, so I'm pretty happy about this.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Yeeees. S1 dropped the ball and never lived up to one of its coolest plot points.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

a kitten posted:

Whaaaaaaat?
Well, that's honestly a surprise. A welcome one to be sure, but drat, I didn't think that was in the cards at all.

Also 10 year anniversary. :psyduck: That makes me feel even older than normal.

Best news I've heard since "more Jojo's."

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
More Jojo, More Mushishi, and more Durarara.

What have we done to deserve such kindness?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eV7ACLsC3g

Atelier Escha and Logy PV.

Looks like they're going to be focusing on Escha, unless this is just a character preview.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Pretty soon I'm going to need more shows to watch. A whole bunch of the shows I like are about to end.

Log Horizon's on episode 24, Witch Craft Works is on episode 11, World Conquest Zvezda is on episode 10... Kill La Kill will be over soon, it's up to episode 22.

Why are all the good shows ending at the same time?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

khy posted:

Pretty soon I'm going to need more shows to watch. A whole bunch of the shows I like are about to end.

Log Horizon's on episode 24, Witch Craft Works is on episode 11, World Conquest Zvezda is on episode 10... Kill La Kill will be over soon, it's up to episode 22.

Why are all the good shows ending at the same time?

Yeah. I'm pretty sure every single show I'm watching right now is about to end. Zvezda, Space Dandy, Noragami, Golden Time, Kill la Kill, D-Frag. Not sure about Magi but eh. How many episodes is Seki-kun?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

madmac posted:

How many episodes is Seki-kun?
13 on air.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

madmac posted:

How many episodes is Seki-kun?

It's listed as 13, but man do I hope that that is somehow wrong and they just keep cranking them out. Kana Hanazawa is already in 400 things, what's one 5 minute show? She can probably do that on her lunch break!

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

a kitten posted:

It's listed as 13, but man do I hope that that is somehow wrong and they just keep cranking them out. Kana Hanazawa is already in 400 things, what's one 5 minute show? She can probably do that on her lunch break!
They're wrong. It's 21 episodes long as the second DVD-box holds episodes 11-21.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

ultimatemegax posted:

They're wrong. It's 21 episodes long as the second DVD-box holds episodes 11-21.
Only 13 episodes are airing, they're correct but somewhat misleading.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Don't forget Build Fighters. It has 3 episodes left.

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Only 13 episodes are airing, they're correct but somewhat misleading.
No. The listing I provided said "各巻に未放送・未配信のオリジナルアニメを収録。" (Each box includes an un-televised, un-streamed original short.) That wouldn't be present if 8 out of the 21 episodes weren't airing somewhere. TV Tokyo and AT-X are on the committee and will likely air the shorts continuing into Spring.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/evageeks/status/445322308732092417
New short slice-of-life anime announced about the daily life of Hideaki Anno, based on a manga written by his wife. At least I'm assuming it's SoL.

ultimatemegax posted:

No. The listing I provided said "各巻に未放送・未配信のオリジナルアニメを収録。" (Each box includes an un-televised, un-streamed original short.) That wouldn't be present if 8 out of the 21 episodes weren't airing somewhere. TV Tokyo and AT-X are on the committee and will likely air the shorts continuing into Spring.
I was apparently misinformed and am dumb, thanks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Instant watch.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
Will Anno provide his own voice for it?

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

https://twitter.com/evageeks/status/445322308732092417
New short slice-of-life anime announced about the daily life of Hideaki Anno, based on a manga written by his wife. At least I'm assuming it's SoL.

Huh, interesting. Not the sort of thing that I would have expected to get picked up for an adaptation, but still.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Franz von Dada posted:

Will Anno provide his own voice for it?

I hope so. It was actually really interesting to hear him in The Wind Rises. It was a unique performance.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Shows that have Spring threads already:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Mushi-Shi (2014)

Both are looking to be excellent shows so keep an eye on them!

bondster
May 6, 2007

Speaking of shows getting new seasons, I didn't realize that Sengoku Basara was getting a third season and that it will air later this year

Ready to get my guns on again :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
DRRR PV

Yeeess. Can't loving wait. Hope the fact that the three kids are at the end means they are the least important to the story.

• Locked thread