Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

NEWS
Server is being wiped in a couple weeks as it goes into Beta. Now is a really good time to learn how to play.

The cause of the lag has been isolated, a fix should be on the way

Critical Bugs
OH GOD DON’T USE BRIDGES

A map of the world showing player cities

What is Shadowbane?

Shadowbane is a MMO that was live from 2003 to 2009 featuring open-world PVP, sieges on destructible player constructed cities, almost infinite variation in character builds, and overt racism.

2009? So its dead now?

Yea, but it has been brought back to life in a new, emulated version courtesy of Mother Russia. The emulator is called Magicbane and is awesome.

There is another emulator but we don’t talk about that because it is worse in every way, invite only, and run by fascists who log and review all chats in the game so they can ban you for saying “hoebag”.

OK, but I still ain’t never heard of no “Shadowbanes” and I’ve played every PVP game ever

Lets just say for 5 of the 6 years that the game was live, it was littered with bugs, dupes, and crippling lag. They actually cleaned it up a bit right before it was shutdown, but still had problems. Despite this, it was fun as hell though.

The emulator is actually doing a really good job fixing bugs that were never addressed in live. Be warned however that the emulator is still in alpha for another few weeks, so some days it runs badly as new code branches are tested. Also reboots happen with little to no warning.

Currently the game runs as well as it did at the end of live which is very much playable. Your client will occasionally crash. My client crashed twice last week.

Pros/Cons?
code:
Pros:
Free
Open world PVP with full looting
Crazy min/maxing possible
Player designed cities
Sieges on cities
PVP viable in a day
No Quests
Everything forces you into possible PVP situations

Cons:
Click to move
Old rear end interfaces
Somewhat buggy client
Emulator is in alpha
Flagrant racism
What is PVP like?

Here are some videos (WIP):
A minor fight where we defend a resource producing mine

Large scale PVP usually happens in defense of a town or at mines which can be captured during a settable (by the current owner) one-hour window each day.

The game also promotes very small scale pvp in a ton of ways. At server up and every 4 hours after, discipline rune droppers spawn which are always located at the same place in the world. Discipline basically add additional skills to your character and vicious battles involving 2 to 5 people happen over the more valuable ones.

Levelling also often involves small scale PVP. You can easily hit a PVP viable level in this game in one or two days if you know what you are doing, but there are a finite number of places to do this. Usually when you are getting levels (usually powerlevelled) some rear end in a top hat will roll by and try to kill you and take your stuff. What a dick! This happens to people that try to farm also!

When you die, you drop everything in your inventory and your equipment takes damage. You respawn in your down with a short term death debuff. If you don’t repair your gear it can break and be gone forever. Please repair your gear.

How does one play with goons?

Please get on IRC. This game can be very nuanced and obfuscated at times and I literally don’t have enough hours in my life to put everything in this post.

irc.synirc.net #shadowbane
Click here if you don’t use IRC

Next, download the client from here. You need the fully patched Shadowbane - Throne of Oblivion if you want to download it from a different source.

You need to edit the ArcaneIP.cfg file in Shadowbane\Config to read:

code:
SERVER= Grief.Magicbane.com
PORT= 6000
Then, make a forums account here.

The forums account is your game login.

The three of us currently playing with a very racist pubbie guild called Wehrmacht. They are likely goonier than you. Actually, literally everyone in the game is racist and like all good, self-hating racists everyone in this game still uses Ventrilo! You will need to use this and have a mic if you want to participate in group PVP. I don’t really have any power in this guild, but it doesn’t really matter and I will likely make a subguild if people actually join us.

Getting Started Ingame
I could give you a rundown of each of the 22 classes, 12 races and 47 disciplines, but here is a wiki link instead:

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php/Main_Page
http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php/Angelmar%27s_Comprehensive_Newb_Guide_V2

Your first character will be gimp. It will be less gimp if you follow a template. It will be a useful gimp if you follow one of these template:

Bane PVP warrior
Choose Minotaur as your Race
Choose Fighter as your class
Take 5 points out of every stat
Take “Warlord’s Page” and “Tough Hide”
Put all of your spare points into int and create your character.
Increase int to 60 then dump everything into con. When con is maxed, put all remaining points in str.
code:
Minotaur Warrior
-5 to all

Tough Hide
Warlord’s Page

Final stats (unbuffed)
60 int (NO MORE NO LESS)
165 con
165 str

Applied Stat runes
---------
+15 con

Discs
---------
Bloodhorn
Berserker
Gladiator
Dark Knight

Trains
---------
Heavy Armor: 100%
Polearm: Gold (maxed)
Polearm Mastery: Gold
Toughness: Gold
Athletics: Gold
Indomitable Will: 20
Bloodhoves: 20
Unleash the Rage: 20
Fury of the Northman: 1
Resist Pain: 20

Gear
---------
Slash Resist Dreadnaught Armor
Polearm
Charmed necklace
Holy resist/con/strength/other resist rings
Farming/Powerlevel Sentinel
code:
Half Giant Sentinel
-5 to all stats

Wizard’s Apprentice
Brilliant Mind 

Max int (first)
Max str

Apply int rune or dump rest of points into con

Discs
---------
Rune Caster
Traveler
Huntsman

Trains
---------
Wear Armor Heavy: 140ish
Block: 140ish
Abjuration: 140ish
Hammer: 100%
Dangiriel’s Might: 40
Righteous Word of Binding: 40
Holy Word of Binding: 40
Exalted Word of Binding: 40
Sentinel’s Charge: 40
Nyth Rune (Rune Caster): 20
Toughness: [leftover trains]
Flying Bird Scout
code:
Aracoix Scout

Starting Runes
---------
Lucky
Tough as Nails
Military Training

Discipline Runes:
Skydancer
Rune Caster
Gladiator

Base Stats
---------
Dex 120 (Max)
Con 105 (Max)
Int 84 (Leftover)

Stat Runes
---------
+40 Dex

Skills
---------
Bow: Gold
Archery: Gold
Light Armor: Gold
Hide: 18
Sneak: 40
Athletics: 10 trains
Running: 140%

Precision: 40
Detect Hidden: 40
Talon Dance (Skydancer): 20
Will of the Skydancer (Skydancer): 20
Nyth Rune (Rune Caster): 20
Dodge: Leftover

quote:

Minotaur warriors are big, black and angry. You run fast, do a fuckload of damage, and have a HP pool the size of Tomed's mother. You have no real way of dealing with stealthers or flyers but honestly you wreck everything else. We use these in larger fights to chase and destroy targets. Play this in offensive stance and use your weapon powers smartly.

The Sentinel is mostly used for power leveling any future characters you might have and farming for money if you are so inclined. Other sentinel builds do huge AOE damage and debuffs. This build casts an AOE holy debuff, then the holy AOE. When it gets low on mana it casts an aoe mana drain. You play this in defensive stance and wear +defense armor.

The Scout can stealth, reveal steathers, and find nearby players. This is very useful for not getting ganked. Moreover, scouts are often used to hunt discipline runes (discs) due to these same capabilities. You need to adapt your stances to the situation as well as the weapon powers you use.

It is really common for people to multibox in this game so if you feel up to it, you will probably need all 3 of these characters on separate accounts. If you only want to login for PVP, make the warrior.

Choose Holmen's Grove as your starting town.

OH GOD THIS INTERFACE MY EYES ARE BURNING KILL ME NOW

WAIT! Don’t quit yet! It could look like this:

Please take 5 minutes out of your day and watch this handy youtube.
http://youtu.be/gcfn_JSs42Y
You will only need to do this once ever. When you make a new character, your old interfaces can be loaded by pressing esc->windows->load layout->[character name of good layout].

This game is click to move and middle mouse to adjust camera. Attack mobs with ctrl-a.
You start on newbie island which is one of the few zones in the game where other players can’t attack you. Ask in IRC for a summons to get a potion filled with magical and amazing buffs that will make the whole island much easier. Basically, you want to get to level 15 or 20ish before leaving the island. Here is a guide:

This guide is for a different mapset - Instead of doing All Father’s Rest after promoting, go to “Fort Troiden” instead and run west and find a camp with other players at it and ask them for an invite.

Links

Images
http://imgur.com/a/r7pEA
Videos
A minor fight where we defend a resource producing mine
Sites
Emulator Site: http://magicbane.com/
Game Wiki: http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php/Main_Page
Guild Site: http://forum.wehrmacht.us/index.php
IRC: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23shadowbane&server=irc.synirc.net
UI Setup Guide: http://youtu.be/gcfn_JSs42Y
Newbie Guide: http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php?title=Angelmar%27s_Comprehensive_Newb_Guide_V2

Lorem ipsum fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
[reserved for future nerdy stuff]

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Does this run on a linux or windows xp?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

I'll upgrade some day I swear :argh:

It actually does run on both windows and mac.

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

Anyone that played during the launch of SB will remember horrible lag, endless crashing, and a gently caress ton of game-breaking bugs. Somehow the devs of this emulator have managed to fix all of these problems. There's still a few bugs (and fewer with every passing day) but I've been in a some huge fights with roughly 100 people in them and there was no lag, no crashes, and no FPS drops. This game is highly active and is one of the few hardcore PvP games that is still thriving. Take a couple hours and push through the terrible controls and get used to the somewhat lovely interface. There is immense depth in both character building and combat tactics which makes for a very fun experience even in such an old game.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Yes yes yes! It's about time they made a decent emulator. I didn't really get a chance to participate in many mine fights/banes so I'm definitely coming back for another go around.

OP it would be helpful if you explained a little more about the three classes you listed, as well as consider adding a Templar template. There's a lot of options out there and Templar is a pretty easy way to get introduced to the game.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Moose_Knuck posted:

Yes yes yes! It's about time they made a decent emulator. I didn't really get a chance to participate in many mine fights/banes so I'm definitely coming back for another go around.

OP it would be helpful if you explained a little more about the three classes you listed, as well as consider adding a Templar template. There's a lot of options out there and Templar is a pretty easy way to get introduced to the game.

I can totally explain more about those classes, I mostly just ran out of effort halfway though the post. I'll get on it tomorrow. The gist is this:

The Minotaur warriors are big, black and angry. You run fast, do a fuckload of damage, and have a HP pool the size of Tomed's mother. You have no real way of dealing with stealthers or flyers but honestly you wreck everything else. We use these in larger fights to chase and destroy targets. Play this in offensive stance and use your weapon powers smartly.

The Sentinel is mostly used for power leveling any future characters you might have and farming for money if you are so inclined. Other sentinel builds do huge AOE damage and debuffs. This build casts an AOE holy debuff, then the holy AOE. When it gets low on mana it casts an aoe mana drain. You play this in defensive stance and wear +defense armor.

The Scout can stealth, reveal steathers, and find nearby players. This is very useful for not getting ganked. Moreover, scouts are often used to hunt discipline runes (discs) due to these same capabilities. You need to adapt your stances to the situation as well as the weapon powers you use.

I'm not going to go into detail on templars because we don't use them in larger group fights, but they are fun solo. I have a good template for one if anyone is set on trying it.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
I've always wanted to try shadowbane, but it was canned when i finally got a computer.
Downloaded the client, and its telling me:

cannot connect to 0.0.0.0:0
attempting to restart patcher..

Is the server down?

e: Nevermind. Don't use the shadowbane.exe use the sb.exe to run the program, the sb.exe takes your around the patcher.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 5, 2014

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Lorem ipsum posted:

The three of us currently playing with a very racist pubbie guild called Wehrmacht.

On the one hand, I want to play Shadowbane again. On the other hand, what the gently caress, seriously?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Kenlon posted:

On the one hand, I want to play Shadowbane again. On the other hand, what the gently caress, seriously?

I mean it is more or less the same as playing with goons.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
If this can recapture the magic, I'm so down.

Except that I've entirely forgotten how to play. :|

WARDUKE
Sep 18, 2012

Muscly armed warrior with glowing eyes and shit.
I was digging through a box in my garage the other day and found the guidebook for this game.
I have no memory of actually ever playing it, but I am going to have to try this out.

Thanks for the info.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Hoooooly poo poo Shadowbane. I love this game, I'll probably pop in and check it out just for some nostalgia.

My favorite characters used to be a prelate and templar.

For anyone asking about classes...its about impossible to explain because you can literally do anything. I had a dual wielding bladedancer priest who hosed things up. You can (and will) horribly cripple yourself on a character but the beautiful thing is its easy to just level another one.

Are templars or confessors viable? I can't remember what eventually made confessors kind of suck but for a while they were beastly.

Combo fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 5, 2014

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
Templars and confessors can both own

Lorem ipsum fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 5, 2014

Dar
Oct 22, 2000
I loved Shadowbane even with all its flaws. I remember playing in the beta for a looong time and forming giant trebuchet trains. Fun stuff. Hope they get this stable and improve on it.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
Well well Shadowbane. I played the last time with goons when the F2P version of SB was out for quite some time. Great MMO with some memorable PvP experiences, if you can get past the terrible UI and graphics it's a pretty fun game as long as you have a crew to roll with. Unfortunately I'm playing Neocron and will have to sit this rendition of SB out. Hope you do have good luck and manpower storming cities and taking territory.

Always roll Birdmen
Never roll Birdmen

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Dar posted:

giant trebuchet trains

We actually have a huge bane tonight

rage at me
Mar 7, 2006

i can feel your anger

Dar posted:

I loved Shadowbane even with all its flaws. I remember playing in the beta for a looong time and forming giant trebuchet trains. Fun stuff. Hope they get this stable and improve on it.

I remember feeling like I was playing the beta but it was actually the release. I'm just kidding the game was a lot of fun. But seriously the first year was horrible.

Also Shadowbane is the only game to have fat hairless albino dudes as a race, so there's that.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

ohgod not this game. I'm an adult with responsibilities now.

I played a shitload with F2P Goons around 2004. Helped lead the guild along with Lint and company. I found this old gem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP0KnBIgAxo

Pretty sure my Dwarf Priests's name was HentaiKing666 and all my alts were named after banned goons. I eventually settled into the role of target-calling on Ventrilo before disappearing to save my GPA. :smug:

We had some amazing times the last go around, particularly wiping the guild who backstabbed us along with Blood Clan (biggest guild on Mourning) off the map.

I'll probably have to pass time. Hope that the emulator and community go well, though!

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
Sounds like I probably played with you at some point. Those were some awesome. I wish I could watch that video, I think I remember it, but youtube won't load it for me.

We lost the bane/siege because apparently sieges are now bugged and they had some invincible catapults.

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

One of the server admins confirmed recently that the reset will occur on March 25. I just started playing this a few weeks ago but this is my plan for leveling up.

First, always multi-box. You can set the resolution of the game to whatever you want and have multiple clients on your monitor at once. Once in a group you can make all of your characters fall in formation. You can even use key cloning tools to tab through targets and use skills though this isn't necessary. The admins confirmed that 4 concurrent clients is allowed, but 10 is too many. Interpret that how you will but I plan to roll 4 or 5 chars simultaneously after the wipe.

1/5 - Wizard/Huntress. Wizards and Huntresses are generally considered low tier classes in large-scale PvP but their pets are loving incredible for leveling up. As soon as you hit 10 you get your pet and it literally one-shots everything for the next 10 levels. Not until your late 40s will the pet start to suck and by then your other chars will be useful. You can always refine points out of your pet abilities later if you want to make your Wizard/Huntress more useful for other purposes. Huntress pet is faster and more fun (imo) but Wizard has recall, mass recall, and item identification which are all pretty useful.

2/5 - Mino Warrior/Dwarf Xbow Warrior. Mino warriors and Dwarf xbows are really easy to play and are effective with low rank trainers. In my experience guilds run with quite a few of these classes in every Bane fight.

3/5 - Nephilim Warlock - Leveling and farming is hugely important, especially at the start. It costs tens of millions of gold to plant trees, build structures, rank NPCs, and roll items. Neph Locks can fly and have a spell to restore their stamina. This means you can farm indefinetly since monsters can't hit you while you're in the air, and you only need R3 training from Khar to do it. These characters will serve as power levelers and gold farmers until you can train and equip a Sentinel or Druid (whom are much faster at farming).

4/5 - Aracoix Scout. Scouts are quick, have track, stealth, and can get out to Discipline/Vorg drops really quickly. They're also useful in almost any PvP environment.

5/5 - Bard/Priest. These two classes are top tier supports in PvP. It will also be nice to have a summoning character for evacs, junking items, and pvp summon bots.

--

If anyone has newb questions feel free to ask here or on IRC. It's hard starting out in this game since nothing is indexed by Google anymore and the Wiki is rather poo poo.

Tomed2000 fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 6, 2014

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Good, that gives me some time to get a feel for the game again and find leveling spots, etc.

Back when it was free I always did 4 characters at a time while leveling on newbie isle, 3 I wanted to continue on with and then a pet class that would pl them all.

Does anyone run this game on Linux? I think my lovely laptop could run it just fine but I have the latest Ubuntu on there and honestly don't know much about it yet.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Combo posted:

Does anyone run this game on Linux? I think my lovely laptop could run it just fine but I have the latest Ubuntu on there and honestly don't know much about it yet.

I mean theoretically it should work with wine, but who the hell knows. This guy seems to have had some luck: http://shadowbaneemulator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8047

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

Here's some other things that I wish someone told me when I started:
-Shift+click to move any window in the UI
-Control+click to remove UI elements, modify transparency, etc.
-Tab-targetting is separate for NPCs and players. SemiColon/Apostrophe for NPC tabbing and Left-Bracket/Right-Bracket for player tabbing are defaults but I changed them to Tab/Shift-Tab and Q/Shift-Q.
-Get rid of the hotbar and turn on snap-to-grid in Preferences. Drag out your spells onto the screen and arrange them how you'd like. Control-click the buttons to assign hotkeys.
-You can remove the Health/Mana border windows and use the more compact "Status Bar" unit frame found under Options->Windows->Status Bar
-Any time you make a new char you will have the default layout and hotkeys. You can import settings from your other characters in the option menus.
-If you're a support or just want to get a better view of the party's health then expand the group window and set the transparency to 100%. It's not perfect but better than the default.
-You can right click on your minimap to move your character longer distances. Always be zoomed all of the way out.
-If you're standing still while fighting then put on Walk mode. You will regain mana/stam while standing. Make sure you're sitting when you're not fighting and when there's little risk of being killed.
-Skill points can be respecced but stat points cannot. Don't gently caress up your stats unless you want to remake your character.
-Many characters have the Track ability, you can even teach this skill to other classes with a disc rune. It will show anyone within your vicinity of about 3 zoomed out minimaps and will point you in the direction of person of your choice. It's a really big deal and pretty much every group will want someone checking track constantly.
-When you die you drop everything that is not equipped. Sometimes when you log back in your wep/shield will be unequipped so make sure you re-equip it before heading out.
-Magicbane is using the Aerynth map. If you ever look up NPC locations on the Wiki you may find oddly formatted tables with names like Saedron Dalgoth, and Vorringia. These are different map sets so ignore them. Just pay attention to locations listed under Aerynth.
-This is the map with most of the player cities turned off:

-You start in the bottom left island, and the red arrow is you.
-All those different starting cities you can choose from? Those are the blue and green shields. They're all pretty close to each other if you need to run to them, or you can just use the Runemaster to teleport you there free of charge.
-See all of those different icons of monster heads, temples, and poo poo? Those are NPC zones, scroll over them to see the leveling ranges. You level there, farm gold/gear, and sometimes train your discipline skills since trainers are located in these zones. You won't find any mobs outside of these zones.
-The blue-colored zones are rotating hotzones, they give more exp, gold, and drop glass weapons (high dmg, non-repairable weapons).
-Many zones have duplicate sister zones. For example Verthik Mire and Swathmoor Swamp are the same exact zones. Sister zones share the same icon.

Tomed2000 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 6, 2014

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Hopped on MagicBane some time ago, it's relatively new. Population is pretty low and.. slow? I guess that's the word I'm looking for.

IIRC, the actual SB devs handed the actual server code over to be used in emu projects, so that's why it runs as smooth as it does.

I'll just add my little bit here: it's fast as gently caress to get this game set up and log in.

Now, that's a pro, but there's a con, too: you'll use that extra time figuring out how to actually accomplish things in this game. But if you're tired of modern themepark MMOs there's almost no handholding at all in shadowbane so feel free to just get lost doing whatever the hell you want since there's really no goal except to have fun.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Holy poo poo shadowbane, this loving game. Best pvp i've ever played by far, why did you hurt me so shadowbane? have you really changed? my brain says no but i want to believe. I assume it is still click to move? i don't know if i can get used back to that.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

malhavok posted:

Holy poo poo shadowbane, this loving game. Best pvp i've ever played by far, why did you hurt me so shadowbane? have you really changed? my brain says no but i want to believe. I assume it is still click to move? i don't know if i can get used back to that.

Fun game, takes some getting use to. If you can get over the point and click to move and the massive lag spikes.

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
God I miss Shadowbane. Rolling 30's for life! This is from the era of gaming where you can absolutely destroy yourself when you customize a character, wasting hours on unoptimized builds but also offered some crazy poo poo (throwing hammer dwarf warrior forgemasters...) if you could find the skill runes.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
From the days when leveling up meant assigning your own stat points and skill points, and the choices were meaningful.

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

Man this game...I didn't even know about this project. I gave up trying to follow the playtocrush/shadowbaneemulator.com folks stream of disappointment. Happen to know if any of the SoTD folks moved here? If you fellas don't remember me I am Swollencloaca/Manze. I am the person who ruined relations with Dragonclan and got us baned off the map from destroying 4 peices of FC gear on that female buttertroll that would target call for banes. I spent all day camping the towns on my mage assassin. They were so smart they allowed anyone in the nation to swear to any of the vendor towns so I just kept hopping guilds making it impossible for them to kick me.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

GIMpy12 posted:

Man this game...I didn't even know about this project. I gave up trying to follow the playtocrush/shadowbaneemulator.com folks stream of disappointment. Happen to know if any of the SoTD folks moved here? If you fellas don't remember me I am Swollencloaca/Manze. I am the person who ruined relations with Dragonclan and got us baned off the map from destroying 4 peices of FC gear on that female buttertroll that would target call for banes. I spent all day camping the towns on my mage assassin. They were so smart they allowed anyone in the nation to swear to any of the vendor towns so I just kept hopping guilds making it impossible for them to kick me.

Yea, I remember you. I had no idea why dragonclan was mad at us, but that is hilarious, good job. Basically, there was a schism in SOTD because Rexen threw on of his shitfits near the very end of the server. SOTD is now divided between people that don't play and people that play in this nation. Xemise and Chet are the nation leaders and Bardiel, Coonvads, Kally, and some others are playing. Kyler and Rexen aren't playing as far as I know.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
Also, it looks like we have a siege coming up Sunday afternoon/night and hopefully they will have a bunch of bugs that showed up at our last one fixed by then.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Welp, made a character and the server went down five seconds into my triumphant return to shadowbane. It's like an abusive husband who beats you as soon as you open the door to let them back in.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
They bug fix at the worst times with little to no warning. Hopefully that will stop once its beta.

e: Also what the hell lag

Lorem ipsum fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 8, 2014

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Lorem ipsum posted:

They bug fix at the worst times with little to no warning. Hopefully that will stop once its beta.

e: Also what the hell lag

Servers in russia i think?
I usually get around 700-900 ping.
Maybe it'll get better once it's in beta..

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
It was fine up until a couple days ago and the server population hasn't changed much. I suspect they are testing new code.

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

There is a bane that goes active today at 6PM EST against our biggest NA rivals. Be on around 5PM if you want in. They might stress the important of minos or whatever but really bring any char that's at least R6

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013
Out of curiosity which emulator of shadowbane do you think will be better this one or http://shadowbaneemulator.com/ when it finally launches? I will be downloading his game shortly do we have enough dwarves for some sent bombs?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Minclark posted:

Out of curiosity which emulator of shadowbane do you think will be better this one or http://shadowbaneemulator.com/ when it finally launches? I will be downloading his game shortly do we have enough dwarves for some sent bombs?

Aren't we playing this one because the other one is half non-functional and run by idiots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
I wondered if any of these emulators would ever turn into anything playable. I'll give it a shot.

edit: the torrent to download the client seems to be broken

denizen fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 9, 2014

• Locked thread