Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Anders Olaffson, Briefing Room

Turning to the Blonde secretary in the reception area. "Miss, we are going to need to borrow your terminal." then turning to the team he says "It seems to me based on Lukan's idea regarding clothing that we should probably check what the Alderaanian fashions were like before we go shopping. Also Miss Jerhand or Mister Korne can either one or both of you use this terminal to create us some falsified documents. If we think we can pull it off it may behoove us to look at where the farming operations on the planet are known for exporting to, or importing equipment and supplies from we could come as members of a company offering agriculture support type services. In addition it might be possible that Golden Dewback has been ferrying supplies from the planet to spread out Rebel forces."

Anders mentally checks off boxes in his head wanting to make sure the team is as prepared as it can be.

Vigilance for missing anything preparation wise: 1eP+2eA+2eD 4 successes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.
Lukan Triege - Foyer, Covert ISB Complex, Twilight Sector, Coruscant

The others set about their tasks, and Lukan took Anders to one side. "Sir, I am not a forger," Lukan said, "but I can get our disguises." Lukan checked the time on his chronometer. "I'll meet you at the ship in two hours. Buzz me on the comm if you have need."

With that, Lukan left the discreet ISB building, and headed toward a shopping district he'd noticed on the way in. It took him only a few minutes of asking locals the best place to buy Alderaanian fashion. Most had no idea, but two helpful youths pointed him toward a boutique in a nearby plaza. Unfortunately, Lukan did not notice their sarcasm.

Streetwise roll to pick up on Alderaanian fashion: 2eA+1eD 0 successes, 2 advantage

When Lukan found the boutique, he sighed. It sold high fashion, but, judging by the Hutt model slithering across the showroom, not anything he or his compatriots could wear. "Well, I appear to have wasted my time."

Intending to head back into the shopping district, Lukan spun on his heel, and stepped right into a young woman. Her forehead smacked hard into Lukan's mouth, and both of them jumped back in surprise. She started falling backward, and Lukan sprang forward to grab her.

"Excuse me!" Lukan said. He let the woman go when she was steady. "My apologies, madam, I was not watching myself."

[Thanks to the advantage I got, the woman is an Alderaanian refugee.]

KJDavid fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 8, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Shopping Center - Twilight Sector, Coruscant

The woman yelps in surprise, dropping a bag full of collectable Killik Hive(tm) action figures. She quickly glances around and then ducks down, rapidly putting the small packages back int he bag, looking each one over and checking them for damage. "Oh no... their value will drop if they're not in mint condition..." She looks rather flustered as one of the figures apparently broke one of its mandibles inside its small housing, "Look what you did! And this was the only Hive Protector in the whole store! Now I'll need to find a new one for a complete set..." she scowls angrily at Lukan.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Lukan Triege - Shopping District, Twilight Sector, Coruscant

"I am sorry, madame," Lukan said. Kneeling down to help the woman collect her novelties, he glanced at one briefly. All it looked like to him was some hideous alien with a no doubt tiny brain. "Alderaanian memorabilia are becoming quite the rarity I hear. What's your interest? Just a collector?"

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Breach - Foyer

It's a solid beginning for a plan. "The technician angle will let us get close to potentially sensitive areas without drawing as much attention," Voss agrees, following the rest of the group into the foyer. "Here's the thing, though: there usually isn't just one equipment-maintenance corp for an entire sector, even in the more remote agricultural areas. Especially in those areas - a lot of the time there's a bunch of small-time units squabbling over who can get a piece of the profits. If we show up trying to get in, with credentials from a provider other than the one they're contracted with, anybody with proper infosec training will see through it and sound an alarm."

Outer Rim - Maintenance Providers: 4eA+4eD 2 successes, 4 threat

"Fortunately, I do happen to know the main corp that operates out in Marrovia - YTR Unlimited. Had some encounters with them a couple years ago on an op that..." Voss grimaces a little, reminded of his handler's betrayal, then shakes his head. No reason to go into the gory details. "It didn't go well. Anyway, they're not much to look at, and haven't really been able to expand into the Yavin system like they want to. If you want to start forging credentials, I'd say a set of valid IDs using their template would be a good start."

He thinks back further. There was something special about this one, wasn't there? ...Oh. Right. drat.

An annoyed growl escapes him. "Except, now that I think on it, their infosec training's good enough that they have public records of all their technicians, and they use those records in their ads. It's...sort of a public relations thing, like 'these are the people you can trust'. And it has mugshots. So posing as YTR reps would take a lot more than company IDs, if it's even possible."

Solomonic fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 8, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Tibby Korne - Briefing Room

Pocketing the commlink and sliding the datapad into his bag without turning it on, Korne slides a larger, thicker datapad out of his bag, and hooks it up to the young receptionist's terminal with a droid interface cable. The screen on his customized datapad flashes as he seizes control of the terminal, and starts to browse the menus.

Finding a list of known troublemakers on Alderaan in the ISB's database, he starts to modify the records on the Holonet to match the other members of the ISB team, including himself.

FakeIDs: 2eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 Triumph

Lieutenant Anders Olaffson - Garo Brandolph, Alderaan
Lukan Triege - Gavyn Laga, Alderaan
Tiberius 'Tibby' Korne - Castann Arkik, Alderaan
Teriq Zarrano - Jafan Syko, Alderaan
CM-2/834 'Kraye' - Crix Vane, Alderaan
Senna Jehrand - Ledo Kale, Alderaan
Tarrik 'Breach' Voss - Darro Tane, Alderaan

Changing the known features to match the ISB team, Korne also lists them all as known aliases, showing that they work together as a team. Printing out ID badges, Korne looks up to see that the majority of the team has left him. He scoops the badges up from the printing machine, nods to the receptionist, and starts making his way to the ship.

ISB Reports - Tiberious Korne

Any chance I can use that previous roll to try to get us some illegitimate cargo?

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

"Great thinking Mr Korne, please forward the rap sheets for those names to our datapads. I suggest that we stop briefly to acquire plainclothes and make our way to the hangar. In light of the infosec security of the known vendor perhaps we can pose as a lesser known off world competitor who is trying to win over new customers with great deals?"

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ISB Foyer - Twilight Sector, Coruscant

Tibby would be impressed by his own handiwork. The slim woman watches with interest as he fashions the fake documents and records, looking clearly impressed by his efforts. As the first ID prints, she picks it up and turns it over, holding it up to the light to examine the clear hologram embedded into the card, "Impressive work."

[[The IDs and backstories you forge are truly impeccable. Anyone attempting to determine their legitimacy would face a Hard 4D challenge]]

As Tibby is finishing up, he gets reply to his inquiry... from one of his old underworld contacts with the handle Bantha Poodu. It reads that he may be able to provide some goods, provided Tibby can meet him in a cantina 4 sublevels below the hangar, and ALONE. The capitalization is his.

Shopping District - Twilight Sector, Coruscant

The woman snatches the figure hastily from Lukan's hands, wiping off any finger prints and checking each box for damage, "... no... well yeah. All the Killiks are gone now, I guess, so this is the only way I can really see them up close again." She eyes him and his Naval uniform suspiciously, picking up the pace as she puts the last few boxes in her bag and begins to stand.

[[Any social roll attempts you try will be made at 2D + 2S because of your uniform.]]

Twilit Suites Embassy Hotel - Twilight Sector, Coruscant

The comm on Jaren Telsh's nightstand beeps twice and flashes blue several times. It had been a week of waiting, but they had finally given him his first job. A hovercar meets him downstairs, the slim blonde woman from the ISB HQ sitting in the back, waiting for him. She briefs him on the way, as the small car slides down into the never ending stream of Coruscant traffic, traveling a few miles and dropping down a few levels to the hangar entrance.

[[Elendil004 you can jump in now however you like. Assume that you are caught up on the briefing and given a similar datapad on your ride.]]

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Taps the commlink he picked up off the desk and connects to Lukan "Mr Triege, have you had any luck locating suitable attire for us? If you do could you acquire sets for the team? I intend to make my way to the ship as I would like to prep for departure as soon as possible." tapping the commlink off he repeats the latter part of the statement to the assembled team. "They gave us two weeks but I would like to make for departure as soon as we can. No sense waiting for the trail to get any colder unless we have more important things to get done here ahead of time. I am going to make my way to the hangar."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Agent Telsh

Hangar; Twilight Sector; Coruscant

Telsh straightens his jacket and walks into the hanger, sweeping the scene with a trained eye. He picks out the ranking trooper and barks, "Captain, report!"

The stormtrooper pauses for a second, not recognizing the new face, but double-times over and, not knowing any better, pops a crisp salute, "Sir, the ship-"

Telsh interrupts the trooper, "Enough, don't salute me, I work for a living. Have you swept this ship for bugs? Do you have the sweep teams report?" He waits, putting on an annoyed and impatient face more for the trooper than out of true annoyance.

The trooper reports, "S...uh...Sir? We swept the ship ourselves and it's all clear." he stammers, then finds his cadence, clearly taking pride in his work.

"Oh, you swept it yourself? This is a G9, correct? Did you check the Starboard Battery compartment? A common smuggler improvement doubles up the batteries on the port side and adds a place to hide contraband in the starboard compartment. You of course knew that though, right? With your years of experience scanning Corellian freighters?" Telsh ends his conversation inches from the Captain's face, punctuating his questions with light but firm taps on the troopers chest.

The other troopers are starting to notice their boss being dressed down, and the Captain notices it. He quickly says, "We will run a scan again, good training for our men. We shall redouble our efforts. Will that be all, Sir?" Telsh nods, and the Captain rounds on his men, barking orders and sending them scrambling for the scanning kit.

Telsh smiles, and says to himself, "Still got it." He begins to busy himself by inspecting the hangar and waiting for the rest of his new unit. He whistles as he works.

Timing wise, if people wanna show up during this conversation so they can see Telsh in action that would work, time-wise. He's just killing time till y'all get here.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 8, 2014

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - Foyer

"If we are to travel under assumed identities I will secure the means to conceal my appearance. An environment mask should suffice unless someone can recommend a facial accessory common to Alderaan. Agent Voss, does YTR keep similarly detailed records on subcontractors? Would it be feasible to transport goods that are in such supply that minor inconsistencies might be overlooked such as medical supplies or foodstuffs? We could present the case that-"

Kraye stopped as he read Agent Korne's dossier file. For a brief moment he was back in Triumph Square, treating victims in emergency lighting after a Separatist incendiary attack. The smell of burnt flesh was so thick it got into your eyes, you had to fight back the instinct to salivate at the scent. They should have been safe. The fire bombing was supposed to be an intimidating light show but the siege shields suddenly lost power and heavy-mag fire bombs hit the relief muster undeterred. His expression darkened to a deep scowl before he caught himself drifting.

"...that we are bringing much needed supplies to an under stocked station and are ignorant of the larger corporation's methods. We sacrifice banality for gratitude."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

IT IS YOUR DESTINY: 7eF 6 Light Side, 2 Dark Side

[[Reminder: I use Light to screw you, you use Dark for your business. Cue Nelson HAW-haw!]]

Hangar - Twilight Sector, Coruscant

As Telsh (and anyone else) enters the hangar with the slim blonde agent trailing behind, he's greeted by a rather unimpressive sight. The G9-Rigger, Alderaan's Pride, sits in a dingy corner of a commercial hangar, blocked off from the rest of the hangar by a large tarp partition and construction signage.

The ship itself... well, it's seen better days. And those days were probably back about as many years as your team's combined age, possibly. The ventral wing folds at an odd angle, the large support hinge looking beaten and battered, as if it had been repaired more times than was reasonable over the course of the ship's life, its ventral laser cannon replaced with what appeared to be an Ion cannon, though of what make you can't say but judging from the styling it's at least 40 years old. The main housing has seen its fair share of combat, with blaster scoring all along... well, pretty much all of it. The bow long-range sensor suite has been gutted, what appears to be a CEC YV-Series antennae dish somehow grafted in its place, cocked slightly to starboard with the bottom rim of the dish barely clearing the deck below, though judging by the battered edge, clearly it had bottomed out at least a dozen times, and hard. The port section of the viewscreen's transparisteel has been replaced with a large mismatched brown sheet of durasteel, welded to the side of the ship as some sort of makeshift armor or breach patch, you can't decide which... it bears a slash of yellow paint across it, and almost looks like it'd belong on a Sandcrawler or some other sort of junker vehicle.

The starboard wing laser cannon seems to be a replacement model, though at a glance it matches the specs of the factory G9-Rigger. It seems to be locked in a slightly inward angle, and from here you're not quite sure if the rotary track is even operational and someone just shut down the ship with it in that position, or if it's just permanently cock-eyed, as it were. The wing itself has seen multiple repairs, with the underside alone bearing 3 different colors, including what appears to be a section of a TIE Fighter solar panel attached over the top and bottom of the power regulator... perhaps a slapdash repair? Maybe the last owner was trying to go green. The wing's mount also appears to be modified, though to do what you're not quite sure... there is clearly some sort of bay door on the frontside, though if it conceals a smuggling compartment, an extra laser array, or concussion missile tubes, you haven't the slightest idea. For all you know it could be stuffed full of Krayt dragon pearls, now that'd be a find. At least the attitude thrusters on the aft side of the wing looked to be in good shape and were probably the newest looking replacement, at least on the outside.

The portside thruster had seen some heavy modifications, with what appeared to be the thruster housings of two CEC Corvette class thrusters, somehow anchored to the side. It occurs to you that perhaps the port viewscreen's plate armor was instead actually shielding from the immense heat given off by the thrusters, which were sized for a class of ship almost twice the size of this freighter. Ostensibly this would mean she is fast, but gauging by the missing paneling and heavily damaged exhaust manifold of the lower engine, it was pretty clear taht only one of them was actually running... still an improvement, though... probably? Finally, the dorsal fin mounted blaster cannon seemed to have been replaced by a rather aggressive looking tractor beam emitter, you're not sure of what sort of design, but the focusing array was clearly visible from the deck. Why someone had decided to mount the tractor beam on the dorsal fin and the ion cannon on the ventral was beyond you, though gauging from the design and the sheer size of the emitter, it was probably due to structural considerations. The dorsal fin also acted as an anchor point for the most notable feature of this particular G9, namely the series of heavy plexisteel cables which held the starboard wing in place... clearly whatever modifications had been done to that wing mooring had affected the stability, or perhaps the wing had just been shorn off during some unlucky fight, but now it was very clearly anchored to the ship with a set of 4 cables looped through large durasteel mooring hooks, not unlike what you might see at a marine dockyard.

Truly, the ship was an... impressive... sight. With an exterior this battered, who knows what the inside looks like?

As Telsh arrives on scene, he'd notice the handful of stormtroopers stationed as a guard detail were clearly spending more time marveling at the slapdash nature of the ship and clearly cracking jokes about it... that changes pretty quickly when the veteran CorSec officer lays into their Captain, sending the troopers bustling around, setting up the scanner suite once more and having it grav lifted back into the ship via the aft bay door. The thin blonde smirks slightly at Telsh's final comment, clasping her hands behind her back and waiting for the rest of the team to arrive. The hovercar remains parked outside, the driver, an actual sentient, and a human no less, keeping his eyes forward and seeming very focused.

Everyone:

Your ISB issued datapads beep once, an addendum dossier being added to the list, the files of a CorSec Officer named Jaren Telsh.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
Anders Olaffson, Hangar

Datapad beeping as he exits the vehicle he makes note of the new team members dossier. He see's what obviously must be the man giving the storm trooper captain near the ship a good talking to. He approaches. "Jaren Telsh I presume? I am Anders Olaffson acting CO for this mission. Not that we seem to be following much of a rank structure. And this must be the Alderaan's Pride, what's left of it is battered and bruised much like the refugees. On a positive note I doubt anyone would expect the empire to be using such a ship. Let us go aboard and check if the inside matches the outside."

Proceeds to the loading ramp and heads aboard.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Ignoring the beep of the ISB datapad, Tibby responds instead to the beep of an ancient commlink he carries, in which he's contacted an old collegage of his who now participates in illegal trading.

Stopping for a minute on his way to the Pride's hangar, he slips a quick message to Olaffson, "Meeting with old contact about goods to trade, send discreet backup to WampRat Cantina on sublevel 4 post haste."

Slipping the Fake IDs into an inner pouch of his vest, he quickly makes his way towards the cantina, blissfully hoping that Olaffson has sent his requested backup to meet him inside the cantina. Someone like Kraye...

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - Hanger

As Kraye enters the hangar bay he has to stop and take in the beauty of their ship. She's not graceful or heavily armed but every inch and contour he remembers vividly from the clone wars. Stepping aboard the tramp freighter is like stepping back to the prime of his life. She's got awkward lines and an inefficient cut in space but drat if she isn't a piece of an older world. The hodge podge of color schemes doesn't bother the clone trooper as he sees places where the Grand Army of the Republic would have allocated to soldiers, engineers, scouts and so forth. Kraye lingers on a the loading ramp of the dinosaur ship and relishes in every scrape and burn of something that might have served in combat as long or longer than he. As agents begin to filter aboard he asks,
"Has our cover vessel been provided with a more recent identifier? If it has not I have some suggestions."

Not Keyser Soze fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 8, 2014

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
Anders Olaffson, Hangar

"Kray, Jaren, team member Korne is requesting discreet backup at the Wamprat Cantina on sub level 4 immediately. Do you think you could assist?"

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
"Sir!" there is a bitterness and anger almost imperceptibly below the surface but Kraye checks his Blaster Rifle quickly and heads off for the target location.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Agent Telsh

Telsh smiles and says, "Mr Olaffson, it's precisely the type of ship than an upstanding Imperial would never be caught dead in. I think it looks perfect. I've got the stormtroopers running another scan, though really just to keep them busy. I haven't been inside yet."

As Olaffson asks about backing up Korne, he asks, "Not a problem, I know who I'm looking for from the dossiers on the rest of the team." Telsh hops back into the hovercar, and while he waits for Kraye he tells the driver, "We're going down to the Wamprat Cantina on sub level 4. We need to be discreet so drop us either a level up or a few hundred yards away. I trust that won't be a problem?"

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - Hangar

Kraye unslings his blaster rifle and sets it in a more readied position across his chest. As the ground transport slides in rapidly he swings himself in with one hand and lands roughly in the seat. "Agent Telsh, I have not had a chance to read your dossier," he says as he checks the sights of a high-powered blaster weapon, "Please inform me of any substance dependency or special medical needs you require" he continues as the transport continues towards its destination.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Breach - Hangar

Voss eyes the ship dubiously. Olaffson's already made the refugee comparison, but frankly, the ship looks more like the actual Alderaan at this point.

The techs are swarming over it, which is a little reassuring. At the same time, though, it's never good tradecraft to trust anything you haven't checked out for yourself. He steps in close, eyes glittering beneath his visor, and nods to the troopers.

"Mind if I help out with the scans?"

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The driver turns in his seat and simply stares at you, without a word. The slim blonde jogs over and ducks her head down to address Telsh, "Actually, this car is to pick up Mister Elrad, it would seem his personal presence has been requested on a publicity tour of the Core worlds, to shore up support for the Emperor's latest initiatives... ah, Mr Elrad, this way please." She takes Lorn by the arm and helps him into the car as Telsh gets out. Without another word, the car zips off into the traffic above, disappearing out of sight.

Back aboard the ship, Anders would find that the rear loading is a rickety thing, but it holds despite all the sudden traffic. The aft section of the ship, which would normally serve as a cargo bay, has been partially converted into what appears to be a short firing range, with several rather well-drawn Storm and Clone trooper targets still glued to the port bulkhead, multiple small blaster marks riddling their helmets, chests, and groins, and even more scattered sporadically over the walls. In a few places it seems the bulkhead paneling was even damaged, with wires exposed and in a few cases simply scorched beyond all recognition.

The central section appears to have the default layout, with 2 sets of 3 bunks on either side of the aisle, and enough storage locker space for 8 people, conveniently enough. You notice the stormtroopers standing by the starboard bulkhead, a large vent grate pulled open to reveal the interior of the starboard wing assembly, which has apparently been completely emptied out and appears to have diffusion paneling lining it to protect it from casual scans. The troopers currently have the scanning array inside the compartment, a technician squatting down on his knees in the cramped space, tapping away at the controls as it does another sweep of the vessel's interior.

The forward bridge has a mostly default layout, however where there was once a copilot's seat against the port viewport which is now a bare durasteel panel, there is instead a battered and beaten sofa, stuffed with what appears to be straw, as it is spilling out in several places, at least as far as you can see around the orange shaggy fabric it seems to be made of. The console moorings for the copilot's systems are still bare and visible, jutting out of the wall and floor just asking to give someone a nasty cut. The Gunnery station on the starboard bulkhead of the bridge seems to have several console modifications, possibly to allow it to interface with the modified weapons or perhaps to serve some other purpose, you're not exactly sure.

[[2D+1S Computers check to identify all the different new components, if you'd like to start mucking about in the computer system to try and see what you can find, it's a 2D+1C+1S Computers check due to slapdash and irregular nature of the multiple systems cobbled together. Similarly, if you want to try to help with the scans or look over any other equipment on the ship, it'd be a 2D+1S Mechanics roll.]]

Otherwise, the interior is sparse at best, and quite a cramped space for 8 people to fly in.

WampRat Cantina, Sublevel 4 - Twilight District, Coruscant

As Tibby exits the public turbolift to Sublevel 4, the stench of rotting garbage mixed with a wide variety of spices and perfumes assaults his nose. This was a non-human sublevel, a place where all the non-human sentients and creatures were... relocated... to protect them from the dangerous direct sunlight of Coruscant Prime's sunlight, which was only suitable for humans for extended periods of time. Passing several rows of street vendor stalls and a surprisingly large number of destitute beggars of various anatomy, Tibby finds himself at the WampRat Cantina, a tiny little hole in the wall dive that's so named because of all the dead wamprat carcasses that can be found nailed to the wall. An old regular to this neighborhood, Tibby already knew the place got its name almost 15 years ago when it was infested with womprats (it still is) and the owner, a Bith by the name of Neelak Thul, had started nailing the dead carcasses to the wall in an attempt to scare off the other wamprats. It mostly ended up just scaring off the clientele.

Not seeing anyone he can recognize from the doorway, Tibby enters the bar, searching for "Bantha Poodu"...

[[2D+1S Perception roll to find Bantha Poodu in this smokey mess, or a 2D Streetwise to just ask around for him.]]

[[As for the rest of you traveling down to the cantina, it will take some time since Tibby has a big head start on you, so feel free to RP whatever you might be thinking/seeing while your character makes their way through the throngs of people to the bar.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 8, 2014

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Senna Jehrand - Hangar, Twilight Sector, Coruscant

Senna takes a datapad and commlink, and reads up on her new teammates. She remains lost in thought on the way to the hangar, considering her new assignment. She's grateful for the chance to serve the New Order, and proud that she's been chosen for such a - well, prestigious isn't the word, but her skills and dedication are obviously valued, and that's nothing to sneeze at. But at the same time, this is not the kind of situation she's ever been in before. Basic training aside, she know she's going to be tested now in ways she never anticipated. And with her new team, and their... specialties...

Against the Rebels. The terrorists. The ones Bilar wanted to join. The ones Nara went running to.

But it's a big galaxy. Too big to worry about one person, when billions - trillions - of lives and the future of civilization are at stake. She has a job to do.

Senna is brought suddenly out of her thoughts as she enters the hangar and sees the G9 in all its dilapidated glory. She tries to think of something to say.

"Well, at least we'll be well disguised."

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Fuzz posted:

Shopping District - Twilight Sector, Coruscant

The woman snatches the figure hastily from Lukan's hands, wiping off any finger prints and checking each box for damage, "... no... well yeah. All the Killiks are gone now, I guess, so this is the only way I can really see them up close again." She eyes him and his Naval uniform suspiciously, picking up the pace as she puts the last few boxes in her bag and begins to stand.

[[Any social roll attempts you try will be made at 2D + 2S because of your uniform.]]

"Well no, not now, I..." Lukan trailed off when he finally took in her white robes, and the suspicious cast to her eyes. "You, you're an Alderaanian? Yes?" Lukan smiled, but not warmly. "Excellent. I need an expert on Alderaanian fashion, and who better?" He briefly flashed his Imperial Navy ident in her face. "Triege, Lieutenant, Imperial Navy. I will require a moment of your time."

[I would like to argue for a bonus Boost die to my Coercion test. Obviously, she doesn't like Imperials, so I figure the uniform works well as a threat too.]

'Persuading' an Alderaanian refugee: 1eB+2eA+2eD+2eS 1 failure, 1 advantage

[I fail and get an advantage. Fuzz, she obviously won't help me, any ideas on the advantage? What if I followed her to her home, forced my way in at gunpoint, ransacked her possessions for useful disguises, then had her arrested on trumped up charges?]

KJDavid fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Mar 8, 2014

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Teriq, en route to Hangar

The scout's been quiet up until now, but he's been watching and reading over their assumed identities. He decides to speak up on the matter.

"Just how complete are these IDs? How deep did you go on the records, Korne? If we run into any of their known contacts, if the targets know anything about these guys, we'll have to do some serious scrambling to keep the mission from falling to poo poo. Granted, it's not likely, but you have to have a contingency in place if or when we need it."

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 8, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Agent Telsh

"Sheeeeeeeeeeit." Telsh draws out the word as the transport drives off with Lorn, "I guess we're walking, unless you got any bright ideas. I'm old school CorSec, so may as well be a babe in the woods here on `scant, you better lead Kraye."

As they set off he makes small talk, "You look like you've been through the ringer once or twice, of course that might help make that face of yours a little less hard to make out, so maybe it's a good thing? Oh yeah, you asked about medical needs, can't say that I have any but if you want I can bend over and cough for ya." He chuckles to himself.

"I read all the dossiers on the rest of the group, but haven't met everyone yet, what's your read?" Telsh asks innocently.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Teriq posted:

"Just how complete are these IDs? How deep did you go on the records, Korne? If we run into any of their known contacts, if the targets know anything about these guys, we'll have to do some serious scrambling to keep the mission from falling to poo poo. Granted, it's not likely, but you have to have a contingency in place if or when we need it."

Standing in the door of the cantina, smelling the familiar smells after all these years, Tibby hears the Scout's concern about their new IDs and quickly informs him, and the rest of the team, on what he's done.

"Rather than make 7 new Alderaanians, I chose 7 that were known to have been active on Alderaan at the time of the planet's destruction, that matched our features as closely as possible. Then I simply changed a few things for them to match our descriptions and linked them all together. Seeing as there will be almost no Alderaans flying around the galaxy, I very much doubt anyone will know these 7, since the majority of the planet is know a smoking pile. This way we should all have a very elaborate backstory in the holonet records if anyone attempts to do a search."

Stowing the commlink again, he returns to his searching of the bar for his contact, hoping that he hasn't changed his appearance too much.

Perception: 2eA+2eD+1eS 1 failure

Not finding him, Tibby instead walks to the bartender and orders a drink. When he brings it back, he tells the barkeep, "I'm looking for a friend of mine, goes by the name of "Bantha Poodu", have you seen him?

Streetwise: 2eA+2eD 0 successes

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Breach - Hangar

All right. Time to have a proper look at the ship. From a distance, the gunnery console looks like it's been heavily modified, but to what end, Voss doesn't know yet. Flipping down his visor, he takes a quick look around the top, then slides under the unit to check out the connections and hardware.

Checking the Computer Systems: 1eP+3eA+2eD+1eC+1eS 1 failure

It leaves him slightly bewildered.

What the hell did they do to this thing?! There's a serpent's nest of cables and anchor units where a circuit board is supposed to be, and a number of the plugs have been fed through two or three different adapters. Did it really take this much just to wire up the new guns? It feels like there might be more to the system than that, but unless he can get a proper workspace and a day or two to mess around with it, this knowledge will continue to elude him.

"Was it like this when you got it?" he calls from under the console. Hopefully the stormtroopers are still scanning. "This thing is so haphazardly wired it's probably a fire hazard."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Shopping Center - Twilight Sector, Coruscant

The woman's eyes betray her fear as she quickly takes a step back and glances around nervously, "I... I didn't do anything wrong, please don't hurt me! I'm just shopping!" The last bits are a little louder, and passersby are now looking over with curiosity, many non-human faces since Lukan decided not to try a surface shopping center. The woman holds the bag up in front of her chest as a poor form of protection as she backs away, "Please don't hurt me..."

The alien faces are looking a lot more interested now.

Wamprat Cantina - Twilight Sector, Coruscant

The bartender, a particularly burly looking Nautolan with numerous tattoos and piercings on his headtails, blinks his jet black eyes at Tibby, pausing his wiping down of a wet glass.

"Seriously? That's the best you've got? Little old for this routine, ain't ya?" He spits into the glass and continues to wipe the insides, turning away and taking a Toydarian's order.

"It was worth it just to see you try to ask that with a straight face, ha!" A female voice comes from behind you, turning around you see a lanky Nagai woman with numerous braids, mismatched eyes, and lots of facial hardware smirking at you. "Been a long time, Kell. Figured you'd been picked up by the Imps, or worse. I had to come take a look-see for myself to see if it was really you... you got old, man." She has a friendly, almost flirty demeanor, and then it comes back to you. Back then, she had a buzzed down mohawk and her eyes were the same color, and far fewer piercings.

Jhorra Ko

She looks Tibby up and down in his battered coat and boots, arching a brow, "So what are you doing back in Imp City? Coming out of retirement for one last run?" There's a flicker of excitement in her eyes as she waits for a response.

[[Roll Vigilance at a difficulty of 1D. Kraye and Telsh will not arrive for at least another 5-10 minutes.]]

The tangle of wires below the console is dizzying to the demolitions expert. Some wires are labeled, some not. The labels aren't particularly useful as they seem to be in a variety of languages, here a few in Basic, another in Bithian, several more in Gran. They're all knotted and tangled and go every which way, there's even a few that are just plain unplugged and dangling there.

The stormtrooper captain looks over, "Yeah... the uh, tech didn't know what to really make of it either. He managed to get it booted and ran the standard scrubbing software to wipe everything, you guys should be fine." He then turns back to the other trooper and goes back to talking about whatever it was they were talking about... the phrases "legs that went forever" and "total freak" pop out of their conversation, but otherwise it seems like the usual banter.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

"Yes, I know," Lukan said, raising an eyebrow. "Madame, I only want to ask you about Alderaan fashion." He knew some people were intimidated by the uniform, but he hadn't expected panic. The woman was an Alderaanian on Coruscant buying toys. What did she have to be afraid of?

Viglance (is she a Traitor or not): 2eA+1eP+1eD 1 success, 1 Triumph

[Fuzz Result: She's just socially awkward and frightened, not a rebel.]

Lukan took a deep breath, gave the frightened woman his best smile, and bowed slightly toward her. He would get nowhere with her. "Good day."

With that, Lukan turned and walked away. He'd wasted enough time trying to find suitable clothes. No doubt the rest of the team was ready to go. His civilian apparel would have to do as a disguise for now.

[Lukan gives up on finding Alderaanian clothes. He returns to the garrison (or wherever he was staying), makes arrangements to ship his Imperial Navy uniforms to the family home on Corulag, packs the remainder of his things, then heads to the hangar bay in Twilight Sector.]

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Tibby Korne - WampRat Cantina

"Jhorra, its been a long, long time. I kind of miss your mohawk. Yeah, I'm kinda coming out of retirement, I got sucked into a crew, of sorts, and we need some cargo to smuggle into Marrovia II. Nothing too flashy, just something to make some friends with the underground once we arrive there.

Any chance you can get me some hot stuff to smuggle past the Imps? I'd be grateful."

Vigalince: 2eA+1eD 0 successes, 1 advantage

"Oh, I'd pay of course."

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 9, 2014

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - En route to Wamprat Cantina

Kraye motions to a pedestrian bridge spanning one of Coruscant's dizzying drops to the lower city.
"I believe that way allows us to make good time by foot. As to unit composition, I am not qualified to make psychological diagnoses." As the two men walk most civilians give them a wide berth, if not for the uniforms then for their obvious weaponry. "That said, we are a covert action team comprised of analysts, naval personnel and at least one high-functioning psychopath. Our solution to any given problem will likely be...unique. My primary concern is that as a unit we are neither prepared nor equipped for a firefight. We should avoid a prolonged engagement at all costs. Past that, try not to die in space. I don't have anything in my bag for violent decompression" he says and smiles through the scars.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
Anders Olaffson, Hangar

Anders after taking a cursory glance around the ship he pulls out his datapad. "I am going to begin to inventory the ship starting with these lockers." Finding one that is locked he attempts to see if he can jimmy it open.

Skullduggery to open lock: 2eA+2eD 2 failures

"Well, poo poo." he mutters. He gives up and decides to keep looking around.

Perception above normal roll: 1eP+1eA+3eD 2 successes, 2 threat

Jaynen fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 9, 2014

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Teriq - Hangar

Oh, this is lovely... A relic that actually seemed to be the genuine article. You'd think the ISB would be able to provide a ship that only looked like a crock of poo poo. But no, it seems that authenticity is the byword of the day. Teriq circles the small freighter, or whatever it is. It probably pred ates him, which is no mean feat. Another few years and the veteran scout would be discharged and collecting a pension, assuming he lived that long. And that was looking iffy with this hunk of slag sitting in the hangar.

Teriq heads inside anyway, hoping it's not all that bad. He takes it on himself to give everything a solid once-over.

Search the ship: 2eP+1eA 1 success, 4 advantage
;

Search the ship: 3eD 0 successes, 3 threat

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 9, 2014

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
Anders Olaffson, Hangar

"Welcome aboard Teriq. Looks like the team is starting to gather here. I sent Kraye and Jaren to assist Tibby with a meeting with a contact."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Jhorra frowns at that, "Marrovia? What the hell kind of job could there possibly be out there? Sounds like a suicide mission, especially with the Imp fleet still having the whole Reach on lockdown after all that stang at Yavin... you sure that's a good idea?" She reaches out and momentarily puts a hand on his forearm, a look of concern on her face.

[[She seems genuinely concerned to you, however you realize that cluing in your new compatriots to your criminal past so quickly and obviously might not necessarily be the safest move.]]

Anders and Teriq busy themselves rumamging through the open lockers and stacked cargo crates in the hold, going so far as to flip over mattresses and check the floor paneling for secret compartments...

[[Results will go up if/when a third person makes the 2D+1C attempt, also if someone picks that lock.]]

Sublevel 4 - Twilight Sector, Coruscant

Kraye and Telsh get on board a public turbolift, the doors closing and shooting them several levels to the platform on which the Wamprat Cantina is purported to be located...

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Agent Telsh

Public turbolift; Twilight Sector; Coruscant

Telsh shudders slightly, "Violent decompression eh? That's nasty. Speaking of, we had a body drop once, back in CorSec, real nasty. Two individuals arguing over pod racing debt, in their maintenance bay. The argument got heated, and while one of the turbines was running on the text block, the guy pushed it right over. It landed, spinning blade side down on the vic." He punctuates this with a loud slap of his hands together, then continues. "By the time the engine auto-shut down it had chewed well into the torso and when we got there all that was left was the two legs sticking out front under the engine. My partner pulled the feed and the guys legs twitched for a good twenty seconds. Caught the perp though, gotta be pretty stupid to do a murder of your partner in your own shop. He chuckles.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Lukan Triege - Imperial Military Garrison, Twilight Sector, Coruscant

After his fruitless excursion into the Twilight Sector, Lukan returned to his temporary quarters at the nearby garrison. The facility followed basic Imperial Military practice - security curtain walls, towers, searchlights, stormtrooper patrols, high-rise block buildings built for both utility and defense, and everywhere Imperial iconography.

The corridor connecting the garrison to the Twilight Sector itself was pristine, smelled vaguely of antiseptic, and was watched by a dozen droid eyes. Two Army enlisted men saluted Lukan as he marched through. He returned the gesture a second after. Their dress uniforms were impeccable, and both had the right kind of jaw for a recruiting poster.

After the security check to enter the garrison proper, Lukan paused as a trio of TIE Interceptors screamed out of the launch bay. They disappeared up into the dark night of Coruscant to eventually merge with the innumerable fleet elements in constant orbit.

He hadn't intended to take the time, but soon Lukan found himself sitting by the observation deck of the Officer's Mess. The cooks had prepared a near perfect Unru filet and capers in a remoulade sauce, but Lukan only picked at it. The Chandrilan wine, a perfect match for the Unru, went similarly untouched.

Instead, Lukan stared out at the grand vista of Imperial Center at night. It was the living, breathing heart of the Empire, and, in many ways, the core of humanity itself. In only a few short hours he would be leaving it to root out traitors on a primitive world barely worthy of being called 'inhabited'.

It would not be forever though. Soon, the Rebellion would be crushed, and then the Empire could turn its attention to more pressing concerns. They would need great leaders for those glorious campaigns of conquest. This duty with the ISB, however distasteful, could make his career.

He smiled at the thought, and sliced a hunk off the Unru. Perhaps he was hungry after all.

It did not take long for Lukan to complete his affairs at the garrison. After his personal effects and uniforms were shipped to Corulag, he donned a crisp blue Corulag pilot's vest, matching trousers, white shirt, and black boots. The clothing was well cut and vaguely military, but still civilian garb. His gray Navy issue blaster went into a shoulder holster, the comm into one trouser pocket, and the datapad into the other. The rest of his possessions went into a nondescript kit bag he'd gotten from a friend in the Confiscation Office.

No one saluted him when he left the garrison. Even officers he'd met the day before did not notice him. Of course, they were looking for a young lieutenant in full uniform, and Lukan was definitely not that anymore. He felt positively naked.

The ISB hangar was not far from the garrison. Lukan walked it briskly while listening to his new comrades chatter over the comm. There was some quickly put together op going down in a no doubt alien infested den several levels down, but no one had asked Lukan to involve himself so he would not. Duty would likely require him to dirty his hands eventually. No need to rush things.

Lukan laid eyes on the Alderaan's Pride after a cursory security check at the hangar gate. He immediately reassessed his earlier thoughts on dirtying his hands. It seemed that would happen sooner rather than later.

Tossing his kit bag near the boarding ramp, Lukan rolled up his sleeves and got to work on a preflight check.

Inspecting Alderaan's Pride (Piloting-Space Roll): 2eA+1eP+1eD+1eS 0 successes, 3 advantage

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Breach - Hangar

Having laid there under the console for a full ten minutes, trying to piece together where all the cables go and what the systems do, Voss rolls out from under it and pops back up to his feet. What a disaster. The stormtrooper was surely telling the truth about it having been like this already - it's impossible to make a ship this much of a mess on the spur of the moment. No, this kind of clutter could only accumulate over years of modification and hasty jury-rigging. The Alderaan's Pride is the real deal.

"Sir, this ship's systems are a total loss," he announces, taking a step back. "Looks like it's received a number of, ah, nonstandard modifications over the years. I'm making some progress, but until we can figure out how all of these interact, I'd advise against using the guns except as a last resort, in order to avoid risking damage to the ship or our personnel."

Okay. He's started off too complicated - trying to piece together everything about the big picture. Time to go simple, and look at the individual components of the ship's systems. What's different? How might that affect the big picture, so to speak?

Checking for New Components: 1eP+3eA+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 advantage

I'll help out with the search after this so you guys can get a result, if needed.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - Turbolift en route to Wamprat Cantina

The old soldier chuckled at the macabre anecdote, "you know I recall a unit in the droid army that did something similar. Your criminal would have been at home among the Separatists, they perfected the art of devising highly inefficient killing machines." Kraye began to trace lines in the air. "They would dispatch huge, block ships against us that should have been firing heavy ordinance but instead would just smack the ground with long paddles. There were some injuries from the concussive force but beyond that it just meant great clouds of dust and dirt." He failed to suppress a tired groan as he recalled the battle in question. "Standard procedure was to answer the ridiculous with its own. Jedi would often jump about the craft like flees and eventually cut it down while ground forces did the actual fighting."

Noticing the environs rapidly shift from pristine to bordering on slum he shifted his rifle back to a ready position. Open carry would be much more common here and Kraye began actively scanning for aggressive postures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Tibby Korne - WampRat Cantina

Fuzz posted:

Jhorra frowns at that, "Marrovia? What the hell kind of job could there possibly be out there? Sounds like a suicide mission, especially with the Imp fleet still having the whole Reach on lockdown after all that stang at Yavin... you sure that's a good idea?" She reaches out and momentarily puts a hand on his forearm, a look of concern on her face.

"I'm sure, the job isn't smuggling, so I don't want something too hot, just need something that will get the attention of some local underworldly types when we make delivery. I need to find someone who fled there, and that occurred to me to be the best way to track them.

Do you think you can help get me some goods on short notice, we've got to leave as soon as possible."

Negotiation: 2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 3 successes, 2 advantage

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 9, 2014

• Locked thread