Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
So does adjusting the POV settings also adjust the FOV? I don't mind where the default snaps take the view to, but the fact that tapping the hat on my stick makes my eyes revert back to the ridiculous tunnel vision defaults is quite infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Anyone played Wings over Flanders fields? I've heard the flight mechanics aren't a patch on ROF, but the campaign is a minor miracle.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Check out who I flew within a few kilometers of in my career.

I'm flying in the same airspace as the Red Baron. :smug:

Wow, this can happen in career? Is that default or PWCG?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Dandywalken posted:

Stuck in the Nieuport 11 for ages in PWCG because the drat game differentiates between the Brit/French variants of the 17. And I only own the French one...

Anyone know what to edit to change the No60 British squadron to fly the French one? Or more precisely, how to change the plane the player is flying at any given time in the campaign?

This is a real problem for me. I keep crashing, and by the time I have recovered the squadron no longer uses a plane I own.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
in PWCG theres an entry saying "max enemy planes 9"

That seems very low, is there more to it than that? Is that a squadron size or something?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
My first honest to god campaign kill. Shooting down a Roland C.II in my Nieuport 17. Gotta say, shooting that piddly thing up with that single MG took a LOT of time. Chased it all the way over no mans land, and it was more hole than plane when I was done, and I thought I was going to run out of ammo (I swear to god I shot through the pilot about 100 times).

Eventually his engine sputtered and died and he went down in the forest. God drat the crash physics in this game look great.

Fun fact! I cheated and put the game on 1/2 speed to help control the nose. I am bad.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I would say you need to get closer before shooting, but Nieuports are lucky if they can just pull even with Rolands. :v:

I was pretty close behind him a lot of the time. the amount of punishment it took was just mad.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
So I've got Bloody April, Furious Wings, and Legendary bombers. I want to take a campaign right through the war in PWCG, and it looks like if I grab Birth of the Warbirds I should be able to do that. Will there be any major gaps I should cover with another pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
So how do I make the infantry stuff work with PWCG? I thought I had it set up right but I've never seen anything.

• Locked thread