Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
Fabian Becker made it to the western front okay, managed to take off and even made a brave stab at setting up his controls. Couldn't find anything that would fire the guns on the Plane though.

Still managed to limp away from the landing...

So, how do you fire the guns? I fear the balloonists have not yet learned to fear me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr. Wookums posted:

Just bought a trackir and this. I did not get the clip thing, so what do I need to buy or make so I can use it when it arrives? I read somewhere reflective tape and a hat, but I cannot find that again.

That's the clip that comes with the TrackIR 5.

Here's a ghetto version - http://www.free-track.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=466

edit: The link is pretty much people rolling their own tracking, but at the base of the page you'll see someone's impression using bulldog clips and reflective tape.

Let me know if you need the dimensions from a clip.

I'm not certain that the distance between the reflectors is entirely necessary, and it's looking for the geometry, but YMMV.

Hav fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 7, 2014

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

UberJew posted:

Got my joystick and finally started playing this and holy poo poo is binding the controls a miserable experience. It has no duplicate commands checker, the defaults for things are actually insane/unusuable and it does not want to recognize that yes, I want engine throttle mapped to the throttle on my logitech.

I want to like you, game! Why won't you let me

Get your kite into the air, and hit 'P' to pause, then 'esc' and options. Clicking on an empty box in the controls will allow you to set the axis, and just move the axis that you want.

It's not a bad system, it's just figuring out what the controls actually do. Also some joystick buttons will NOT map, so last nights query about recharging/cocking the guns was after I'd mapped the button to my HOTAS, but pressing it just didn't work.

As Shine says, there's a little layered square turns up if you have a conflict. Hover over that and it'll tell you what it's conflicting with.

Now go buy IL-2 and bind those controls. :) :)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

dpidz0r posted:

Is anyone playing this with an X52? I fired up a quick mission with pretty much everything on defaults and found out that I can't see anything out the front of my plane (tiny windscreen with a bunch of crap in front of it + giant wing in the way), it jumps all over the place and is drat near impossible to aim, and my aircraft likes to flip over and go into a death spiral if I try to track a target behind me while doing a gentle bank. I don't have this problem with DCS or IL2, so I'm not sure how much is the aircraft and how much is my input curves being screwy.

Welcome to the world of biplanes, where tiny windshields and restricted vision are the order of the day.

Yeah, the default X52 setup won't work, I think yaw is bound to the slider on the throttle or some poo poo. Luckily, you can hit a quick mission, hit 'P' for pause, then ESC and options to rebind. Just pause and unpause while you dick around with the controls. Rebind is a case of selecting an empty box and using the axis when prompted.

You want to be using fairly gentle inputs, these things have the engine power of a family hatchback and the structural integrity of something made out of wood and dreams.

I have everything on linear curves at the moment, but I'm going to start playing with 'S' curves shortly.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

No, sorry. The Steam and RoF store versions purchases are incompatible for whatever reason.

Didn't someone email them a couple of pages back, and they manually teched the tech to make it work?

I believe the incompatibility is currently due to the comedy DLC packs not being the same across platforms.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

Your next sortie will end with you at the end of the runway with your Nieuport in pieces. Before takeoff.

The Nieuport is a very angry lawnmower.

I'm attempting mission #3 in the training campaign and I'm having problems with the low speed section. It never tells me how slow I should be going, and it fails me every time. Any tips or clues I need?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

:stare: I probably would've landed the second I was back past the lines and over friendly territory in a plane like that. Man, I suspect any kind of sustained maneuvering beyond gentle turning would rip that thing off.

I've landed with half a wing. I thought the joystick was hosed because I wasn't registering that my left wing was missing the struts and both the upper and lower wing on the left were the same length.

Suffice to say there was puckering and a lot of rudder work.

All that and I still haven't managed a clean kill.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
So, trying to set up PWCG; is there a definitive list of the planes that I own someplace in rise of flight?

I couldn't see it when I was trying to verify that all the packs were applied.

edit: quick missions page has all of the planes.
edit 2: Thanks, I found it.

Hav fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 20, 2014

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ShineDog posted:

This is a real problem for me. I keep crashing, and by the time I have recovered the squadron no longer uses a plane I own.

I was having a difficult time trying to pick a squadron in PWCG because of not having the right planes.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Strumpie posted:

I took a near miss of flak, that in short order disintegrated my wings.

*golf clap* Very impressive.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Strumpie posted:

Now I'm hungry.

Also, GIS 'Manfred von Richthofen tombstone' still has pizza. :psyduck:

It has four different types of sausage. It's the Wurst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mike-o posted:

Seems like this thread died off after a while.

I have competing games with DCS, Arma 3, Take on Helicopters, War Thunder and holy poo poo the Steam Sale is on the horizon.

• Locked thread