Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Anal-retentive, overly loquacious weapons scientist.

Uhh :saddowns: How do I get PWCG? I guess the site's busted or something because I can't seem to find any downloads for 15.8.1. I'd like to check it out but when I click this, http://www.pwcampaigngenerator.com/WebSite/PWCG.html , I get a 404.

Edit: Might as well add my adventures last night in a W12. I was talking to some friends on TS saying how I really wanted to shoot down a Felixstowe and a few minutes later, I see this silhouette.

:getin:

:black101:

My engine proceeded to crap out entirely about a minute later, but I shot you down first!

BillyJoeBob fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, I'd wait. Personally, if the last gift turns out to be RoF related, my guess is it'll be Birth of the War Birds or the Ace Pack.

Also, I've quickly thrown up PWCG to a drop box account. However I chopped out the 200mb worth of three .wav music files it had :psyduck:. It seems to operate fine without them though. Its still 45ish mb though, so I'm not just gonna post the link and get my dropbox account suspended for bandwidth reasons or whatever. If anyone wants, just ask and I'll PM or email a link or something. Pat'll probably get his website back up and running soon anways... I hope. :ohdear:

Thanks for this again, been playing around with it flying an Albatross III and I have three kills and one probable in two sorties. The furballs are a lot more fun than the regular career.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

After a busy and tiring day I sit down to play this and stream to friends on teamspeak. I should really emphasize the tired part because I end up accidentially tackling a Sopwith Pup right out of the air and live. I end up shooting and damaging one, and the second gets absolutely obliterated and I am glad the stream autosaves.

http://www.twitch.tv/billyjoebob1337/c/3852529

:black101:

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It does seem like it'd be a neat little "pleasure cruiser" like the Felixstowe or Aircho DH2 (at least for me). I wonder what a career for it would be like in PWCG? Going on night bombing raids to England sounds interesting, half the challenge would be keeping formation! Assuming you didn't just autopilot it.

On the flip side, I've been toying with the idea of what seeing English Home Defense would be like. The idea of having to locate and attack night bombers sounds challenging. Especially if you don't use the pop up labels.

Posting while flying. :haw: I just started a career in a Gotha and its sending me and 2 other Gothas to bomb Marquise during the day. This will go well.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Man, that is quite the long-distance flight. I wouldn't want to do that without (level)autopilot and time acceleration. What altitude are you flying at?

About 550 meters through dense cloud the whole way. Haven't seen a single allied fighter he, knock on fuselage.

On approach to the factories. I don't imagine the flight out will be as easy.

Our flight got hit by a couple nieuport 17s and we downed them. My pilot got wounded and the right radiator is out. The engine is at about 80% throttle and I think the cloud cover is the only thing keeping it from totally overheating.

I have lost sight of my squad but Nieuport is below. We're finally almost in friendly territory.

Edit: Added quote because posting on a phone is slow and missed a page.

The engine poo poo out finally when I was approaching the base and it tumbled out of the air from 50m killing all the crew.

A+ Would Gotha again. :v:

BillyJoeBob fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 10, 2014

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Then that just means I have to nail someone midair with a Davis gun. I do want to gun for a fully equipped Felixstowe though, I have the pleb model still.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

I just started a new career in a Nieuport 17, and I shot down an Eindecker and damaged a few Halberstadts. My squad was off somewhere else finishing off the Halberstadts, and there was one lone guy flying back. I shot him a few times but then my Vickers ran out of ammo,so I improvise by shooting flares at him. I bounce one or two off his wing until I fire one backwards as best I can manage and it plugs him straight in the engine block and it cuts out a few seconds later. Dude goes down trailing smoke and crashes into a tree in an open field. I was torn between :stare: and cracking up.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

If your'e flying a N17 I'm guessing its sometime in 1916? I read on the PWCG forums that if you want to see action in 1916 you need to be in the Verdun area in early 1916 and the Somme area in mid/late 1916.

[edit]Oh and Blob thing, the part you described where the enmy just levels out and flies mostly straight... are they flying back towards their side? It could be they're trying to retreat.

Guy I hit with a flare gun was probably retreating. He'd move out of the way when I got near trying to flare his face. I also ended up with three kills my first day, and despite the flight lead getting shot down we didn't take a loss of personnel.

Edit: Woah I just checked and believe I was just awarded a Médaille militaire, Croix de guerre, and a pilot badge. I don't imagine those are already there when I start a campaign since it didn't give me a notice. :v:

Edit2: Whoops, left the edit too long, making it a new post.

BillyJoeBob fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Mar 11, 2014

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

I'm on my second mission, and I guess we scramble to blow up a balloon except we're scrambling because our aerodrome is behind German lines?? Well 6 Eindeckers come down and my N17 and two jerks with fancy Spad 150Hps brawl them. I take out two after swirling around the observer balloon apparently set up right next to our former base. At this point I have no idea where the Spads went and a third EIII swoops down on me. He gets close enough to me that when I notice him and padlock the camera, we're making eye contact as he fires right into my cockpit. I lurch to the side and avoid him for just long enough for a Spad to mow him down. Since the front has moved Westward, I fly my bleeding rear end over no man's land while barely staying level. I got over it just far enough to crash land near a friendly artillery battery by flipping my plane.
The impact is just hard enough to kill the pilot ingame, but I went to PWCG and changed the wound status to seriously wounded instead of dead as a "saving roll" or something. His rear end was out 6 months and after this the max wound is being set to 4 again.

And that is the story of how Claude Dirté got his 5th kill and became an Ace. :toot:

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

My flight lead and I went up against 4 Sopwith Pups vs our two Albatross D.Va's. I managed to shoot down one and they forced the lead down, leaving me to fly back to the base on my own. I fend off the Sopwiths for a bit and shoo away one.

Then comes this one guy who ran out of ammo decides he wants to be an amateur carpenter on my plane with his circular saw, or something. He starts swooping down on me while I try to peg him with flares.( I really need to get that Ace pack, this happens too often :v:)

Right here is where I start going "Aaaaaaa :stonk: "

Then he comes back for another pass! Right when I look where he had gone I notice the horde of Spads and decide now is a good time to put myself on the ground ASAP.

I come to a graceful landing by smearing my plane near Jasta 11's aerodrome wonded, but alive.

Next mission is to scramble, here's my flight's roster.
Assigned Pilots:
Obltn Sigfried Sparkles
Ltn Lothar von Richthofen
Ltn Helmut Hefter
Ltn Reiner Schulman

No pressure. :shepface:

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Sankis posted:

Edit: How do people control the shooting of flares/personal weapons while flying? Do you put on autopilot, do you left hand the mouse with joystick in your right or something else?

With the flying chainsaw there I had put it on level autopilot, which is LShift + A. The handheld guns are fired with the mouse, and they're pulled out with Ctrl 1-5, 5 being a real handgun and not flares.

I was also just given a Fokker Dr. I for that scramble sortie... this is a lot nicer than my old Albatross. :getin:

Edit: Its such an angry plane :supaburn:

BillyJoeBob fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 13, 2014

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

I was fiddling with the controls some more and realized there are 4 engines in the settings. What sort of monstrous 4 engine beasts could there be in WWI?

I also won at flare guns forever. I whipped out the gun and fired it at a crippled Sopwith Strutter that had a dead observer. I saw the flare smack the pilot square in the head and kill him, or it must have, because he slumped down and the plane went into a flat spin. I was too amazed to have captured it on video or pictures though. :(

BillyJoeBob fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 14, 2014

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

I just started a new PWCG campaign with 15.9 and for my first mission with Jasta 7 on Feb 1st 1917 I end up ram killing a Nieuport 17 and survive.

I flew back home on a wing that I thought looked like this:

It actually looked like this:

I come to a skidding halt in front of a bunch of tents swearing revenge on the Nieuport that buzzed around me as I wobbled back over the trenches.

Fake edit: Upon uploading the pictures they came out all hosed up like this. Anywhere else I upload and view them, they're messed up too but with different variations. Maybe my pilot actually died on the ram and he was a ghost the whole time?! :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

:stare: I probably would've landed the second I was back past the lines and over friendly territory in a plane like that. Man, I suspect any kind of sustained maneuvering beyond gentle turning would rip that thing off.

When I say I flew back home, anywhere on the Eastern side of the front was home. I hit the Nieuport a few km West of the French trenches.

:stare: is right though. I had to fly at reduced throttle because fighting the torque was making the wing angry. Then I had to keep it level and chuck some flares at the fighter behind me to get him to go away. Guaranteed to work most of the time! I managed that whole ordeal without any injury either, but was out two weeks.

• Locked thread