Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I can't get the throttle to work at all either, and half the controls seem wonky.

Maybe... maybe it's finally time to get a new joystick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Rise of Flight just became the cause of a great father-son bonding moment.

I'm currently visiting my folks for a bit, and am still getting my bearings with this game. My dad & I had watched a documentary on WWI earlier today, and so after firing up Rise of Flight I decided to show it off to him a bit. I set up the simplest scenario for demonstration's sake, started flying a Sopwith Camel and promptly killed the engine by diving too steeply and quickly. Dad stepped in, immediately told me to shut off my throttle, and started advising maneuvers. From the clouds and with his constant stream of advice, I managed to glide down to the ground and land without flipping over, clipping the wings, or damaging the Sopwith at all.

We shook hands, and now he's ambled off to play radio for a bit.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

To be honest, I snapped up Rise of Flight from the Indie Gala deal without actually looking up how much it actually costs, because the value of donation for the bundle seemed like a good deal regardless of whatever the original cost of the game was. I have since looked up the actual price of Rise of Flight and its associated DLC on steam.

:stare:

What kind of people think a pricing scheme like that is a good idea? If each of the DLC bits was a fifth the price of what they are right now I'd probably end up buying most of them over time, but at their current price I don't even want to buy one of them. What in the hell is with these prices?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Christ, that loving Gotha. No wonder the Germans lost the war. :psyduck:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Hotwire posted:

I know it was wishful thinking, but god I wish the final unlock in the indiegala event was the ace pack. I'm looking at a while without any field mods.
I wish the Birth of Warbirds pack had been in the deal. :( I just want to fly a pusher-prop.

• Locked thread