Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

attn: mods and admins of the terrible movie forum, and tthis terrile site.

re: please keep the OP of the terrible thread in the movie forum, where you idiots actively encouraged him to go hurrr de durrr zizek althusser phallus transofrmers batman raspy voice to thundrous appleause (princess amidala, 2005), and in fact made a rule that all the generally ba movie forum posts had to be made worse yb going hurf de derf lin bao lin chairman mao toy story 3, and so on. do not move the poo poo sandwich you yourself have artisinally crafted from locally sourced ingridnets to this forum. furthermore, stop banning funny posters, permanently change the fyad stylesheet to the german joe toilet stylesheeet, and ban and de-admin ralph, as he is a pedophile. cheers,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

you made me use a tl,dr i had reserved for smg

This sig under renovation

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Davelord Cheeto posted:

re: please keep the OP of the terrible thread in the movie forum, where you idiots actively encouraged him to go hurrr de durrr zizek althusser phallus transofrmers batman raspy voice to thundrous appleause (princess amidala, 2005), and in fact made a rule that all the generally ba movie forum posts had to be made worse yb going hurf de derf lin bao lin chairman mao toy story 3, and so on. do not move the poo poo sandwich you yourself have artisinally crafted from locally sourced ingridnets to this forum. furthermore, stop banning funny posters, permanently change the fyad stylesheet to the german joe toilet stylesheeet, and ban and de-admin ralph, as he is a pedophile. cheers,

but i worked so hard on the forum friend avatar

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I.N.R.I posted:

6 billion isn't funny.

I meant 6 million but I'm too stupid to type

Maltag
Oct 1, 2007

qnqnx posted:

Stfu.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

qnqnx posted:

... what did you just say.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

El Kooserino posted:

... what did you just say.
"tl,dr"

This sig under renovation

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
SMg is either stuck here for a week, or he's on probation, and I think together we can find happiness in either scenario.

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

qnqnx posted:

"tl,dr"

run down: dino jerk thinks the bad movies forum poster should stay in the movies forum where they like bad posting and also thinks this site is bad. ralp enjoys children sexually and dino jerk thinks funny posters should not be banned anymore by ralp, whos attracted to kids

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I've seen the following story reposted repeatedly as a sort of meme:

The appeal here is understandable: the basic narrative is of an college-educated man inflicting violence against an innocent. The narrative is an exaggerated version of the familiar chain e-mail, where a precocious young child (or United States Marine) stands up before a sputtering liberal college professor to tell him that abortion (or terrorism) is actually wrong, causing the whole class to applaud.

However, there is a more familiar narrative here. The conflation of writing with torture bears an unmistakable resemblance to the phenomenon of 'triggering', popularized by Tumblr, where certain words are alleged to 'trigger' latent traumas from abuse, rape, etc. SJWs effectively claim to be 'raped by words', and consequently hold uncareful speech to be an absolutely unacceptable harassment. In this sense, the story is accurate; I am not tolerant or respectful of others' opinions 'by default'. Standing for truth is by nature violent, intolerant.

'"Harassment" is another of those words which, although it seems to refer to a clearly defined fact, functions in a deeply ambiguous way and perpetrates an ideological mystification. At its most elementary, the term designates brutal facts of rape, beating, and other modes of social violence which, of course, should be ruthlessly condemned. However, in the predominant use of the term "harassment," this elementary meaning imperceptibly slips into the condemnation of any excessive proximity of another real human being, with his or her desires, fears and pleasures. Two topics determine today's liberal tolerant attitude towards others: the respect of otherness, openness towards it, and the obsessive fear of harassment. The other is OK insofar as his presence is not intrusive, insofar as the other is not really other. Tolerance coincides with its opposite: my duty to be tolerant towards the other effectively means that I should not get too close to him, not to intrude into his/her space - in short, that I should respect his/her intolerance towards my over-proximity. This is what is more and more emerging as the central 'human right' in late-capitalist society: the right not to be harassed, i.e., to be kept at a safe distance from the others.'
-Slavoj Zizek, "God is Dead, but He Doesn't Know It"

Despite the Koos character's claims to stand for 'aw shucks' traditionalism , family values and whatnot, the ideological universe of the story is wholly liberal-capitalist.

The choice of the Goofy Movie as the subject for the fictional debate is quite revealing. Any viewer of A Goofy Movie knows that although Goofy feels threatened by the pop artist Powerline (a black 'afrofuturist' artist with a hitop fade and astronaut costume, hailing from LA), the harmony in his family is actually disrupted by the intrusion of a girl. A Goofy Movie is essentially a gender-swapped Forbidden Planet, where Max's encounter with the woman as Object disturbs he and his father's incestuous peace. Find explanation here for why a literal Bigfoot monster appears. Max and Goofy are each trying to make sense of an impossible antagonism, so that Max blames the loss of harmony on the rednecks, and Goofy blames 'rap music'. The moral is, of course, that these are both false targets. The harmony they seek is an impossible fantasy.

This is relevant because the story depicts the SuperMechagodzilla character as a 'terrorist' threat trying to 'destroy our way of life' (despite my consistently voicing support for 'conservative values' in actuality) - an abject creature to be eliminated so that a harmonious, capitalist society can be guaranteed. As in Tumblr, the language of authentic emancipatory movements is appropriated for personal empowerment, divorced from actual class struggle. Imagery of martyrdom is abused.

did not read a single word

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine

Chichevache posted:

I meant 6 million but I'm too stupid to type

much funnier. well, see ya

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Have some insider info on the sort of pretentious stuff that goes on in CD.

Moves CD regulars universally love:
Surviving Edged Weapons
Blacula
Dredd
The Grey
Prometheus
Face/Off
Miami Connection
Pain and Gain
Spring Breakers
Anything foreign and/or pretentious.

Movies 50% of CD hates and 50% loves:
Battleship
Avengers
Transformers
Swap.avi

Things general chat talks about a lot:
Wrestling
Comics
Dickeye
SMG
TVIV sucking.

Maltag
Oct 1, 2007
thanks

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

FreudianSlippers posted:

Surviving Edged Weapons
Blacula
Dredd
The Grey
Prometheus
Face/Off
Miami Connection
Pain and Gain
Spring Breakers

Battleship
Avengers
Transformers
Swap.avi

Wrestling
Comics
Dickeye
SMG
TVIV sucking.

excuse me, its SMg

old sig: http://i.imgur.com/ukjgdmn.gif
thank u giko

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

you're welcome.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pigswill posted:

excuse me, its SMg

I am immune to these philistine FYADers making fun of me. However, the letter "g" in my name

----------------

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Davelord Cheeto posted:

C'mon - C'mon - Let's work it to the bone

----------------

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

FreudianSlippers posted:

Surviving Edged Weapons
Blacula
Dredd
The Grey
Prometheus
Face/Off
Miami Connection
Pain and Gain
Spring Breakers

Battleship
Avengers
Transformers
Swap.avi

Wrestling
Comics
Dickeye
SMG
TVIV sucking.

fabulous stuff op

sausage paddy
Feb 25, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

What fascinates and enthralls most about the GBS remake of Lyle F. Cooper is the complete absence of the original's diegetic voice acknowledging his all encompassing personal failure. However, this does nothing to skew the focus of the work away from the purview of its progenitor. "Lyle" stand-in SuperMechagodzilla's unwavering, inflexible rigidity as he writes about imaginary themes within Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen every day since June 8th 2012 serves as the character's tacit admission of his physical, sexual, and intellectual enfeeblement, which, if anything, roars with a greater amplitude than the original. Indeed, though it is not writ large in a vulgar, lower-case stream, the audience is left in no doubt as to his prodigious ability to "m-bate" to "hentee manga".

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

Davelord Cheeto posted:

lol

----------------

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

What fascinates and enthralls most about the GBS remake of Lyle F. Cooper is the complete absence of the original's diegetic voice acknowledging his all encompassing personal failure. However, this does nothing to skew the focus of the work away from the purview of its progenitor. "Lyle" stand-in SuperMechagodzilla's unwavering, inflexible rigidity as he writes about imaginary themes within Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen every day since June 8th 2012 serves as the character's tacit admission of his physical, sexual, and intellectual enfeeblement, which, if anything, roars with a greater amplitude than the original. Indeed, though it is not writ large in a vulgar, lower-case stream, the audience is left in no doubt as to his prodigious ability to "m-bate" to "hentee manga".

lol

SillyGoosesinc
Jul 18, 2012

by exmarx

The appeal here is understandable: the basic narrative is of an college-educated man inflicting violence against an innocent. The narrative is an exaggerated version of the familiar chain e-mail, where a precocious young child (or United States Marine) stands up before a sputtering liberal college professor to tell him that abortion (or terrorism) is actually wrong, causing the whole class to applaud.

However, there is a more familiar narrative here. The conflation of writing with torture bears an unmistakable resemblance to the phenomenon of 'triggering', popularized by Tumblr, where certain words are alleged to 'trigger' latent traumas from abuse, rape, etc. SJWs effectively claim to be 'raped by words', and consequently hold uncareful speech to be an absolutely unacceptable harassment. In this sense, the story is accurate; I am not tolerant or respectful of others' opinions 'by default'. Standing for truth is by nature violent, intolerant.

'"Harassment" is another of those words which, although it seems to refer to a clearly defined fact, functions in a deeply ambiguous way and perpetrates an ideological mystification. At its most elementary, the term designates brutal facts of rape, beating, and other modes of social violence which, of course, should be ruthlessly condemned. However, in the predominant use of the term "harassment," this elementary meaning imperceptibly slips into the condemnation of any excessive proximity of another real human being, with his or her desires, fears and pleasures. Two topics determine today's liberal tolerant attitude towards others: the respect of otherness, openness towards it, and the obsessive fear of harassment. The other is OK insofar as his presence is not intrusive, insofar as the other is not really other. Tolerance coincides with its opposite: my duty to be tolerant towards the other effectively means that I should not get too close to him, not to intrude into his/her space - in short, that I should respect his/her intolerance towards my over-proximity. This is what is more and more emerging as the central 'human right' in late-capitalist society: the right not to be harassed, i.e., to be kept at a safe distance from the others.'

Despite the Koos character's claims to stand for 'aw shucks' traditionalism , family values and whatnot, the ideological universe of the story is wholly liberal-capitalist.

The choice of the Goofy Movie as the subject for the fictional debate is quite revealing. Any viewer of A Goofy Movie knows that although Goofy feels threatened by the pop artist Powerline (a black 'afrofuturist' artist with a hitop fade and astronaut costume, hailing from LA), the harmony in his family is actually disrupted by the intrusion of a girl. A Goofy Movie is essentially a gender-swapped Forbidden Planet, where Max's encounter with the woman as Object disturbs he and his father's incestuous peace. Find explanation here for why a literal Bigfoot monster appears. Max and Goofy are each trying to make sense of an impossible antagonism, so that Max blames the loss of harmony on the rednecks, and Goofy blames 'rap music'. The moral is, of course, that these are both false targets. The harmony they seek is an impossible fantasy.

This is relevant because the story depicts the SuperMechagodzilla character as a 'terrorist' threat trying to 'destroy our way of life' (despite my consistently voicing support for 'conservative values' in actuality) - an abject creature to be eliminated so that a harmonious, capitalist society can be guaranteed. As in Tumblr, the language of authentic emancipatory movements is appropriated for personal empowerment, divorced from actual class struggle. Imagery of martyrdom is abused.

ralps an admin and we're finally gettin some good posters in this sub forum, looks like 2014 'yad is shaping up to be alright afterall

----------------

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

smg do you know any good movies where thousands of niggers are brutally slaughtered with bazookas and machine guns?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

:gb2gbs:

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

I.N.R.I posted:

6 billion isn't funny.

6 million is though :mrgw:

thanks to horny rabbit guy

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Anime Sandwich posted:

6 million is though :mrgw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CJspVE355Do#t=114

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Davelord Cheeto posted:

Trainbearer
Nov 5, 2005

Hentee manga

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I thought Transformers was a shallow Hollywood blockbuster and it makes me chortle aloud when someone makes in-depth analysis of it. Let me know when they make a motha' fuckin Beast Wars movie and I'll watch the poo poo out of it though.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I thought Transformers was a shallow Hollywood blockbuster and it makes me chortle aloud when someone makes in-depth analysis of it. Let me know when they make a motha' fuckin Beast Wars movie and I'll watch the poo poo out of it though.

wb

thanks to horny rabbit guy

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

----------------

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

aw poo poo its the motherfuckin black baby goku lord waffle beard

no they will not posted:

Cool. added to sig

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

no they will not posted:

Well, not to make a "value judgement" but I think Hitler was really good.

He was.

----------------

blow job lady
Dec 5, 2010

involuntarily wooting

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lord Waffle beard, Black Baby Goku and the Mother loving Weede Catte walk into a bar.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

fuzzy fluffystuff posted:

involuntarily wooting

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

my farts smell insanel y bad tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shitin milk
Jul 6, 2004

:milk: c'est franchment dla merde!! supreficiels de toute espece, je vous hais. Ciao.

Davelord Cheeto posted:

my farts smell insanel y bad tonight

all dat hantee manga is warming my gasses

• Locked thread