Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Rap Game Forum Mod posted:

Analyze this video and please use like 3000 words thanks!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCXzNxtZM9k

Reymon is thrilled by the slide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It's about racism. Even though the cat is no longer in the way, the witch is still disgusted by its laziness. Even though she wields magic powers, she is deeply unhappy and blames her unhappiness on the 'piece of poo poo'.

I read it as the rude things the witch was saying to the cat were directed at herself because shmorky is a depressed genderblob

scrub lover is good

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

El Kooserino posted:

Reymon is thrilled by the slide.

I Have Sigs Off

Trainbearer
Nov 5, 2005

yo quiero hentee manga

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

Trainbearer posted:

yo quiero hentee manga

Manga is a word in Spanish so I wonder if anyone gets confused when they talk about le libro de japon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davelord Cheeto posted:

gas and ban the OP. gas and ban rev. sam. de-admin ralp and turn him over to the police, as he is a known sex offender and literally a pedophile.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hm.

Maltag
Oct 1, 2007

:wtc:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Twisty of Fate posted:

Manga is a word in Spanish so I wonder if anyone gets confused when they talk about le libro de japon

it's manga and animé here (with tilde), you're not missing much

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

You have probated Lyle, the best poster. May you stop posting for all time

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

3 day probation lol.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

squirting mastery posted:

it's manga and animé here (with tilde), you're not missing much

On piping bags it says Mangas and I say oohhh manga baby

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
good poo poo, now that we used radio-jargon dating revealed this frozen unfunny caveman was THE revsam we can get rid of the good posters, with the help of ralp, t. finn, et al.

I Have Sigs Off

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine
It's about racism. Even though the cat is no longer in the way, the witch is still disgusted by its laziness. Even though she wields magic powers, she is deeply unhappy and blames her unhappiness on the 'piece of poo poo'.

Rev. Sam
Mar 2, 2014

Triticum Guzzler posted:

good poo poo, now that we used radio-jargon dating revealed this frozen unfunny caveman was THE revsam we can get rid of the good posters, with the help of ralp, t. finn, et al.

Neon Machete
Dec 30, 2006
yes

By identifying a given film as a product of the capitalist system, and an endorsement of capitalist ideology, you yourself are already performing an oppositional reading. If you disagree with that endorsement, you can point to the film as an example, criticizing the system yourself. You're doing exactly what I do: appropriating the film.

The only difference is that I don't worry about 'does the director think correct' or 'do general audiences think correct'. This misidentifies the source of social antagonism as 'stupid people', 'Michael Bay', and/or 'Transformers movies' - as if eliminating these things, if you even could, would solve anything. Instead, why not appropriate the films by performing oppositional readings? Read them as satire by disagreeing with them, holding them up as examples.

Identifying and criticizing ideology does not 'deny ideology'(?), but it also does not instantly 'make you free'. It just makes you aware. In They Live, putting on the glasses just gives Nada a headache, at first.

i, too, have seen a pervert's guide to ideology

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine
PLEASE just get to the ideological assumptions in Goofy story.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This is bullshit.

----------------

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

El Kooserino posted:

It has nothing to do with whether they "think correct," but with the fact that their thoughts can't be ignored if you're looking at the meaning of a film holistically.

What do you mean by 'looking holistically'?

----------------

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Considering everything relevant to the film, including the culture surrounding it, and its impact.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

On The Hole. It feels good. On The Hole.

Maltag
Oct 1, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

El Kooserino posted:

Considering everything relevant to the film, including the culture surrounding it, and its impact.
In what sense do I not do this?

----------------

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

On The Hole.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

You disregard how audiences are likely to react, because it's damaging to your points. You do this alternately by dismissing it as "digging too deep," by condemning it as being judgemental, and by assuming, in very bad faith, that they will read as disingenuously and poorly as you do. Anyway, I can see this is accomplishing little, and is bad to read to my FYAD boys, so I will be clowning on you for the remainder of your time here.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

El Kooserino posted:

You disregard how audiences are likely to react, because it's damaging to your points. You do this alternately by dismissing it as "digging too deep," by condemning it as being judgemental, and by assuming, in very bad faith, that they will read as disingenuously and poorly as you do. Anyway, I can see this is accomplishing little, and is bad to read to my FYAD boys, so I will be clowning on you for the remainder of your time here.

Thank oyu.

sausage paddy
Feb 25, 2009
a philosopher of garbage culture on the steps of the Pantheon. ANCIENT GREECE

Koosus! Show yourself! I have answered your challenge!

[TOP OF STEPS - Koosus enters]

Koosus: supermechagodzilla. I tell you thus: make of an offering on this altar, and read the entrails truly.

SMG: aye, and so i shall. from the heart of this beast, purchased at a pretty penny from a baitsman i shall tell the future.

[supermechagozilla lays the sea slug on the altar. He splits it open with difficulty. inside is a tube that consumes and and defecates.]

SMG:
from this, uhh, problematic organ, we can draw up the conclusion that i am an expert at it, because i look at it a lot, sometimes holding it still, and sometimes poking it, or swinging it while wooting. beneath apparent simplicity is the shocking truth about life and a lot of really good high-level stuff. it turns out that all the things you perceive to be correct, good, and true, are actually wrong. also, everything that you take to be bad, like pirates, sickness, and persian domination is actually really good, because it provides an empowered counter-reading of history to your fascist democratic lifestyle and Greek male philosoprivlege....

[smg loses focus, sticking his hand into the slime oozing out of the worm. it drips off the altar.]

SMG:
it says that, well, yeah this is the um, the pankeras, and it tells of um - of the collapse of fiat currency, and the liberalization of the proletariat or whatever. which is extremely my poo poo

[Koosus is tapping his foot. he opens his mouth to speak]

SMG:
and if we trace the, er, nerves through the ah, body as such it is -

[the sea slugs remains are pawed through by an eager SMG. he is kneading the slime through his fingers and talking excitedly.]

SMG:
Meg doesn't symbolically eliminate Lincoln but takes over for him. Check the form of his expression: he destroys the lily-white, Grecian statue of the caucasian, American president and fills that spot with his own body. Meg's body has, as we know, been coded as African, feminine, homeless and whatever. And recall that these are symbolic clothes: Meg could look like any large vehicle but chooses to be an authentic version of the decidedly inauthentic Optimus. He wraps himself in chains!

Koosus: enough! i sentence you to post with the most dumbest, fuckin ignorant human being-rear end posters in the one single unchangeable reality that is our universe! get ye to FYAD!

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

El Kooserino posted:

i for one enjoyed it, and your holistic approach, to clowning SMg

I Have Sigs Off

transnistria
Oct 20, 2008

sausage paddy posted:

a philosopher of garbage culture on the steps of the Pantheon. ANCIENT GREECE

Koosus! Show yourself! I have answered your challenge!

[TOP OF STEPS - Koosus enters]

Koosus: supermechagodzilla. I tell you thus: make of an offering on this altar, and read the entrails truly.

SMG: aye, and so i shall. from the heart of this beast, purchased at a pretty penny from a baitsman i shall tell the future.

[supermechagozilla lays the sea slug on the altar. He splits it open with difficulty. inside is a tube that consumes and and defecates.]

SMG:
from this, uhh, problematic organ, we can draw up the conclusion that i am an expert at it, because i look at it a lot, sometimes holding it still, and sometimes poking it, or swinging it while wooting. beneath apparent simplicity is the shocking truth about life and a lot of really good high-level stuff. it turns out that all the things you perceive to be correct, good, and true, are actually wrong. also, everything that you take to be bad, like pirates, sickness, and persian domination is actually really good, because it provides an empowered counter-reading of history to your fascist democratic lifestyle and Greek male philosoprivlege....

[smg loses focus, sticking his hand into the slime oozing out of the worm. it drips off the altar.]

SMG:
it says that, well, yeah this is the um, the pankeras, and it tells of um - of the collapse of fiat currency, and the liberalization of the proletariat or whatever. which is extremely my poo poo

[Koosus is tapping his foot. he opens his mouth to speak]

SMG:
and if we trace the, er, nerves through the ah, body as such it is -

[the sea slugs remains are pawed through by an eager SMG. he is kneading the slime through his fingers and talking excitedly.]

SMG:
Meg doesn't symbolically eliminate Lincoln but takes over for him. Check the form of his expression: he destroys the lily-white, Grecian statue of the caucasian, American president and fills that spot with his own body. Meg's body has, as we know, been coded as African, feminine, homeless and whatever. And recall that these are symbolic clothes: Meg could look like any large vehicle but chooses to be an authentic version of the decidedly inauthentic Optimus. He wraps himself in chains!

Koosus: enough! i sentence you to post with the most dumbest, fuckin ignorant human being-rear end posters in the one single unchangeable reality that is our universe! get ye to FYAD!

fuckin lol

James Hardon
May 31, 2006

Davelord Cheeto posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

James Hardon
May 31, 2006

El Kooserino posted:

your doing the lord's work koos

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ralp put on the lovely yellow mesh thing to indicate "shirts" in the classic "shirts vs skins" basketball game mode. With sexual molestations on the rise, the school administration stepped in to stop making the male students so darn inviting. It didn't matter to Ralp, he'd rather keep his shirt on anyway. He was also the only white person there.

It was 1990 and a 14 year old Ralp stepped into line as the basketball tryout began. He sank the first basket, "Swish!", the second, from even farther away, indicating it's increased difficulty and points awarded, "Shwing!", all day long young Ralp kept delivering his points in basketball. This didn't sit well with the niggers.

I wish I could tell you that Ralp fought the good fight, and the niggers let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but Jr. High is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - Jr. High life consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, Ralp would show up with fresh bruises. The niggers kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for Ralp - that was his routine. I do believe those first two years were the worst for him, and I also believe that if things had gone on that way, that place would have got the best of him.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Let it out Davey

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
smg was voted to be fyad friend as he is one of the most obnoxious faggots on the entire forums, and lyle had the temerity to tell him so, in fyad, where smg is currently confined for being one of the most obnoxious faggots on the entire forum, and for this act lyle was probated

凸[◣_◢]凸UNBAN JACK DANIELS凸[◣_◢]凸 put this in your sig if you support FYAD凸[◣_◢]凸

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gamera is extremely win

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
you had my axe rev sam, mainly bc i thought you were cheesegod, but this is egregious

凸[◣_◢]凸UNBAN JACK DANIELS凸[◣_◢]凸 put this in your sig if you support FYAD凸[◣_◢]凸

sausage paddy
Feb 25, 2009
powerful jew, staring at supermechagodzilla post:
This is impossible! We bred them to have no sense of irony! How is this happening!?

wise hacker:
Trolling finds a way...

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

El Kooserino posted:

I do not disregard how audiences are likely to react. I take their opinions into account and then disagree with them if they are wrong.

Your 'holistic' approach seems to involve taking people's opinions into account and, if you disagree with them, blaming the film film for being wrong - having had a 'bad impact' on their thoughts.

This is weird, and it's a shame that you won't elaborate further.

----------------

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

I do not disregard how audiences are likely to react. I take their opinions into account and then disagree with them if they are wrong.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sausage paddy
Feb 25, 2009

Your 'holistic' approach seems to involve taking people's opinions into account and, if you disagree with them, blaming the film film for being wrong - having had a 'bad impact' on their thoughts.

This is weird, and it's a shame that you won't elaborate further.

im poster SuperMechagodzilla. i first started looking at things when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "reflection" and tried to channel it constantly, until my eye movement got really bizarre and i would stare at things like "water" and "grandmas jewelry" without moving my head for hours, and i would get really intense, start seeing flashes in the corners of my eyes etc, basically a stone cold retard. im now in fyad. i always wondered what the kind of "magic" style of visual stimuli was all about; i think it's the back-soul leaking in to the big boy world, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of cable tv and mean bus kids. i would advise all people who "see" the shiny thing to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to mental retardation. peace.

• Locked thread