Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Thirteenth Step posted:

i still need to donate as im lazy and forgetful but will do it possibly tonight imo

I will also do this but on Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

That's amazing, and I have to be a part of it so I sent a small donation now.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Suqit posted:

We have reached 32 donations so far from all over the world.

We have also reached a total of $1,672.47 in donations including my match. They are still coming in.

I know we can get to at least $2,000. You are all wonderful people.

There are a few of you that I am unable to match names up to usernames. If you would like to remain anonymous, that is cool with me, but if you would like for your username to be known please shoot me an email.

I am very proud to be a part of a great group of posters, keep them coming!!!

If we put our username in the donation message, I assume you got it? This is an incredible amount by the way, great work guys :).

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

TheGoatFeeder posted:

If we put our username in the donation message, I assume you got it? This is an incredible amount by the way, great work guys :).

Yes, and of course I know your name from Secret Santa ;)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm happy to be part of the fundraising, I didn't know GOM as well as you guys but I remember the jam and wish I'd got to try some of that, Finn's description sounds drat tasty. And thanks for the bio Suqit, it made me happy and sad at the same time.

I'm proud of how this forum has done with the donations so far, considering there aren't that many of us. Well done everyone.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Don't let the jam cloud your memories of GOM.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
GOM was a fine and cool poster. Whenever he posted I imagined Torres was saying those words though. RIP.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Suqit posted:

We have also reached a total of $1,672.47 in donations including my match. They are still coming in.

There are a few of you that I am unable to match names up to usernames. If you would like to remain anonymous, that is cool with me, but if you would like for your username to be known please shoot me an email.

This is loving amazing.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ephex posted:

This is loving amazing.

It's an average of almost $50USD per donation which is crazy(almost $40 without Suqit's match).

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Suqit posted:

I hope you can work out my donation from the paypal email address it came from!

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

serious gaylord posted:

I hope you can work out my donation from the paypal email address it came from!

I certainly did.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Suqit posted:

I certainly did.

gayangrydollpainter42069@hotmale.com

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.
Damnit. He was a great devils advocate in the CONCACAF/MLS threads. Stay hard GOM.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

GOM knew his foot, made a great jam, and was always worth reading. May he rest well.

That donation count is making me eyes sweat a little, op. Outstanding.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Pissflaps posted:

Don't let the jam cloud your memories of GOM.

Yes, this. Let's preserve the good things about GOM.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
He always seemed like a normal and nice dude which is especially impressive on an online forum. It's a shame for his family that this happened.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
When is the deadline to donate

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

vaginal culture posted:

When is the deadline to donate

March 17th. I will send out the big check the morning of the 18th.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

RIP. I haven't really posted here long but he seemed nice. I will try to make a donation.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I miss GOM.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
RIP GOM. A good Chelsea poster, unique.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I log in for the first time in a week and GOM is dead, what the gently caress. You're up with Sam 'The Hutch' Hutchingson making nice food now, RIP

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
Gotta make this quick as I'm about to embark on an 11 hour drive but we just passed $2,000. I'm in awe of you all.

But please don't stop. You have until next Monday to scrape together a few bucks!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Suqit posted:

Gotta make this quick as I'm about to embark on an 11 hour drive but we just passed $2,000. I'm in awe of you all.

But please don't stop. You have until next Monday to scrape together a few bucks!

Almost $400 in one day :aaaaa:

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

A good forum full of good lads who mean well :unsmith:

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Suqit posted:

Wow thats impressive. I need to get my thumb out of my rear end and make a paypal account

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I don't really post any more but I've been around the football threads since '04 and figure I should say RIP to a poster whose name has been a constant over the years, and whose opinions on the Chels I was reading before I met some of my best friends IRL.

The knowledge that he got to see Chelsea lift the European Cup has made me hate the fact it ever happened slightly less.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Man, all the war stories I've had from him over the years have got to be worth a few more $ in the kitty. It seemed like he was just going to keep going on on forever.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
A little update

First of all the donations keep coming in, and we now stand $2,188.21 from 47 different posters from literally all over the world. Incredible!

My plan is to put together a list of everyone that has donated, along with where they are from along with the check to NISOA. I am also going to write a letter to GOM's family letting them know how much was raised, where it went to, and who has donated and where they are from. It's amazing seeing how diverse a group of people from all over the world he has affected enough to make the effort to donate. I think it's truly incredible.

I will ask if you haven't already done so in your paypal note to shoot me an email with either your location and/or username. If you would prefer to remain anonymous that is totally cool too, but if you are comfortable with giving me where you are from it will be pretty neat I think.

I am away from my house and office for the week but will be checking in periodically with updates.

Keep up the good work, I am collecting until March 17th! The check will go out the morning of the 18th.

Here is a list of the places I know of where money was sent:

Wales
New Jersey
France
Oklahoma
Maryland
NYC
England
Greece
Uruguay
England
Massachussets
England
Wales
California
England
Illinois
England
Wales
England
Switzerland
New Jersey
Georgia
North Carolina
Germany
England
Texas
Scotland
England
Norway
Canada
England
Canada
Texas
Ireland
England
England
England
Canada

Edit: So many of you have offered your thanks and condolences to me personally and thank you all very much, it means a lot. I can say with 100% certainty were the roles reversed GOM would be doing this for me.

Suqit fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 9, 2014

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

It's really shite when someone in a community like this passes away, but it's also really nice to know that we care enough for this to be a thing, especially considering that very few of us (if any?) knew GOM outside of him trolling us about Chelsea on the internet. Lovely stuff Suqit, and also everyone else. GOM's memories will definitely be treasured.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Having paypal trouble Suqit, check your pms

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

chuggo is BACK posted:

I did and responded and I will get you that info as soon as I can!

Also T Gulp I got yours.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

chuggo is BACK posted:

Send it to ibrox m8.
Also suquit if you need any help with anything just gimme a shout.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Little teary again, thanks suqit for being the conduit for us all to say: this dude was cool and good and we liked him and we're loving sad he can't Chelseapost anymore

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Suqit posted:

I did and responded and I will get you that info as soon as I can!

Also T Gulp I got yours.

Nice thanks brudder

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Suqit posted:

A little update

First of all the donations keep coming in, and we now stand $2,188.21 from 47 different posters from literally all over the world. Incredible!

My plan is to put together a list of everyone that has donated, along with where they are from along with the check to NISOA. I am also going to write a letter to GOM's family letting them know how much was raised, where it went to, and who has donated and where they are from. It's amazing seeing how diverse a group of people from all over the world he has affected enough to make the effort to donate. I think it's truly incredible.

I will ask if you haven't already done so in your paypal note to shoot me an email with either your location and/or username. If you would prefer to remain anonymous that is totally cool too, but if you are comfortable with giving me where you are from it will be pretty neat I think.

I am away from my house and office for the week but will be checking in periodically with updates.

Keep up the good work, I am collecting until March 17th! The check will go out the morning of the 18th.

Here is a list of the places I know of where money was sent:

Wales
New Jersey
France
Oklahoma
Maryland
NYC
England
Greece
Uruguay
England
Massachussets
England
Wales
California
England
Illinois
England
Wales
England
Switzerland
New Jersey
Georgia
North Carolina
Germany
England
Texas
Scotland
England
Norway
Canada
England
Canada
Texas
Ireland
England
England
England
Canada

Edit: So many of you have offered your thanks and condolences to me personally and thank you all very much, it means a lot. I can say with 100% certainty were the roles reversed GOM would be doing this for me.

Hm, I don't see any Denmark on that list OP.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Hegay posted:

Hm, I don't see any Denmark on that list OP.

OK I thought that was you but wasn't sure...

******** *****?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Suqit posted:

OK I thought that was you but wasn't sure...

******** *****?

Yes

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Yeah you put it in the email, sorry I missed it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
Didn't know GOM but this is sad news all the same. My condolences go out to his family who by all accounts appear to have lost a pretty great guy.

I'd also like to thank Suqit for his effort. It's really special what you're doing man. I'll probably throw in a few quid myself in the coming days.