Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Aw, that sucks. Never did get to meet him on my trips out west. Hope the best for his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Suqit posted:

GOM was a punk. He grew up in the 70s listening to the Clash. He played soccer growing up and eventually into college. He went to school in Oklahoma and really didn't like it.

He ended up going to law school. He became a very successful attorney; by suing other attorneys. He lived in Coronado just outside of San Diego for the past ten years or so.

He started following Chelsea, as many American plastics did, when Fox started showing games. After he couldn't really play any more he got into officiating. He started at the high school level and eventually ended up coaching at the collegiate level.

After enjoying success as an attorney he decided to open up his own practice a few years back. I know it was stressful on him but he really loved the challenge of it.

A few years ago he suffered his first heart attack. He was supposed to have died then. But he didn't. He literally posted from the ER which owned.

He loved sailing. He had a group of friends that would sail together and enjoy booze and cigars.

He worked his rear end off to recover from his first heart attack and within a matter months was back on the pitch officiating. He wanted to do a sort of mini your after his first heart attack to spend time with some close friends he had lost touch with or grown slightly apart from over the years. We were supposed to meet up in Austin for a drink. Sadly that never happened.

Unfortunately he had a second heart attack a few years later. Which he also survived. And also posted from the ER. Again. From what I could tell he wasn't working as much after this one. He spent a lot of time cooking and was about to move from Coronado. He was rueful about it. I'm not sure what happened but I'm guessing he probably had another heart attack.

I one asked him if he ever felt any sort of regret or of he felt he sold out; going from a punk loving anti establishment youth to an immensely successful attorney.

His answer was "nope".

He was a really cool guy. He was married and raised a talented and cool step son. He was very proud of both of them. I'm sure they feel the same way about him.

Appreciate the poo poo out of this. BTW, he was also a big smug jerk Galaxy fan to us MLS folks. As LA fans usually are. :911: