Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I think I'm more excited for Cotto/Martinez than Floyd's cinco de mayo show. Pac/Bradley 2 is going to be huge. Excellent OhPizzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I have only read this thread and seen that gif and I think that was a perfectly fine stoppage.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I forgot Kell Brook was fighting today. I don't know anything about Alvaro Robles but he's got a bunch of KOs so the fight should be short and sweet either way. But most of all, prepare yourselves to witness the rise of Crusierweight Bellew!

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Did I miss Brook?

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Classic knockdown. Bellew fights like a short man retreating in a big man that thinks he's fighting at range's body. When he moves forward and throws he's surprisingly effective.

They could probably just stop this after that second one.

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 16, 2014

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
haha some drama there

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I'd rather live boxing but the Canelo replay is a good move for ratings I would think.

Man Canelo brings a certain kind of energy to boxing and it is awesome.

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 16, 2014

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Deontay Wilder is about to fight!!!!!!!!

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Herrera is making himself relevant.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Herrera dominated that last round. Arum should sign him and tour him through Top Rank as a gently caress you to GB's light/welter.

vvvvvvv lol

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Thompson is my new favorite journeyman.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
This is going to be the best high profile fight in a long time. Arum really struck gold with the whole Bradley/Pac/Marquez dynamic. It's great because it's so hard to call, Bradley is the more known entity of the two right now, and so much depends on how Pac will look on fight night.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

Jose posted:

I think I'd like to see Khan fight Mayweather more than almost any other fight but I'm not sure why.

Theoretically he has the speed to actually land a few punches unlike every Floyd opponent since Zab and anyone that's out there right now (under GB).

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

ForbiddenWonder posted:

what the hell is a Cedric Agnew??

The dude that will hopefully squash The Next Big Fight That Won't Happen Even Though It's The Only Thing That Makes Sense and Everybody Wants since Stevenson has also inked himself a Showtime retirement package.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

The SituAsian posted:

I mean it's going to be hilarious when it turns out that Agnew dominates Kovalev en route to stopping him or something but honestly I've always felt that Stevenson wanted no part of Kovalev after seeing what he did to Silakh.

Yeah, I loved when Superman tried pump the Montreal crowd for a fight between the winner of Bute/Pascal or Hopkins and got crickets because they just saw his counterpart champion give a man one of those KO leg seizures in the middle of talking poo poo an hour earlier. I definitely am more in the Kovalev camp right now, but the residual bitterness extends over to both and probably more so over time if they remain dominant.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
poo poo just got psychologically turned.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Roy has been really good tonight.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Haha Lederman Lite should have a 20 minute HBO show where he goes through a boxing rolodex poo poo talking his judging peers.

Tale of the Tape for Cedric Agnew: One of fifteen children, Roy doesn't remember sparring with him, Jim didn't bother googling him before tonight.

Even if he doesn't win, hopefully Agnew can at least stand out of the pack for once with a good performance tonight (ie. make it to the decision)

If I remember right, Kovalev doesn't have outstanding defense so....

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 30, 2014

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Not a knockdown but he\s probably lucky Kovalev relaxed the action because he was wide open to getting his head uppercut off.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Kovalev's unfiltered Euroness owns.

The dramatic, violent storm punishing Atlantic City added a nice little bit to tonight. Wish they got a shot of it though.

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 30, 2014

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Pac/Bradley 2 24/7 ep 1 starts now.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I think at this point I'd want to see a fat JCCJr or a fatter Brandon Rios fight for Kovalev's strap. Gatti-Ward kept coming up tonight and we really haven't had a brutal series of fights since the Rios/Alvarado mini saga, I think that mixbag of fighters has the kind of style clashes that would appease Krusher's Atlantic.

If Bernard Hopkins can beat the fourth champion, I will pick him against Stevenson *pending after Adonis' next performance, of course* if their fight happens within 4-6 months of their last defenses. Hopkins has basically used his executive powers with GB to buy himself a path to undisputed status, yet again. Forget his age, the longevity of his career is what is amazing, a big part of that must be his 'good decision making skills' inside and outside the ring even when it didn't always make everyone happy. He's also great at making out with the money (RJJr 2) which makes me think that he would be insane enough to actually lure over and fight a threat in Kovalev like he did Calzaghe only to lock him down to a contract if The Alien loses (resulting in the saddest Stevenson/Kovalev eventually).

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Klitschko's next defense will be on ESPN, it's Dr. Steelhammer so I know snooze big deal, but the heavyweight belts being on a lot of tvs has the potential to really mix up the division. I hope they'll be able to make a proper event out of it.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Who could Peter Quillin even fight that would be interesting?

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Porter is just missing a touch of power to make him scary in a chaotic kind of way.

This fight is good so far and seemingly heating up.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
That was some RJJr poo poo.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
This fight is going to loving suck and it'll be great.

The WBA is an especially jokey belt apparently.

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 20, 2014

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
He's not even breathing.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
What the hell is Al Haymon?

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Josesito Lopez is coming up soon on ESPN if that's your sort of thing.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Leapai can't touch him.

Pannitierre ain't even sweating it.

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 26, 2014

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Who/what was going on in the crowd?

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I just caught the last round of some Polish fight and it was the kind of awesomeslop that should be on ESPN. Whatever Pawel Glazewski is it won.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

doctor thodt posted:

Tonight's card should be pretty exciting, if predictable.

Yeah, Molina became memorable to me after stopping Mickey Bey in the final round of a fight where his main attribute was Tough Motherfucker, we'll see how it works out against an animal on the rebound like Matthysse. If Thurman stops Julio Diaz then it opens up the dialogue for comparisons and potential Porter fight down the line after Brook gets his shot (probably would be smarter to fatten them up and present before Floyd separately, though Thurman first because the Porter rematch would just leave One Time hanging in limbo). Omar Figueroa is a Boxing Champion of one of them lighter divisions, and Jermall Charlo is trying not to be the worse brother all the while remaining completely indistinguishable.

Does anyone know specific start times of certain fights?

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
This stadium is cool, where are they?

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
That fixing article has messed me up now so that "discrepancies" like this are fine I've decided, Belmontes maybe didn't win but he's now a relevant name and can get another payday.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
JOHN loving MOLINA

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

Ninja PD posted:

That fixing article has messed me up now so that "discrepancies" like this are fine I've decided, Belmontes maybe didn't win but he's now a relevant name and can get another payday.

If this fight ends on the cut I loving hate you.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Is this fight even loving serious holy poo poo

OMG THEY ARE ENDING IT???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Molina might have jacked that round at the end there, what plane is this taking place on

• Locked thread