Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
jesus that first round must've felt like an eternity for angulo. canelo throwing fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
what the gently caress is angulo's head made out of?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i just don't understand how angulo is loving standing. it does not make any medical sense.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

cool round

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thehappyprince posted:

canelo isn't really a banger.

does he have woopie cushions in his gloves that mimic the sound of hitting people really loving hard?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

to be fair to weeks, angulo did not throw a single punch in that entire fight that could have hurt a 15 year old girl and was getting hit with fire the entire time. it stopped being a fight a while ago imo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

also despite alvarez's weight issues he didn't do his usual gas out. impressed.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Hearing that while I slept like a baby mundine was getting annihilated made for a joyous morning.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

doctor thodt posted:

Anyone else put money on Timmy?

i honestly think tim's going to win on points but there is no way on god's green earth he's getting a decision nod after last time. is TNL still making the gdt?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fatherdog posted:

Far too long to quote, but this is a fascinating piece about fight-fixing in boxing.

http://deadspin.com/why-i-fixed-fights-1535114232

it's a strange feeling to have 'why i hate boxing' put to me so humanely

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

gently caress me drunk i seriously did not realise anything was on. this might actually suck a dog's dick.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

God Broner is a stupid rear end in a top hat

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Slaine posted:

Broner barks like a little dog when he throws.

Guy behind me watching the horse races thought women's tennis was on.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Nice tepid win and looking awful sad-act

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Jack of Hearts posted:

I'm sorry but AB set my standards so low that I think Khan looks pretty good this fight.

The complete opposite for me.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I just saw a guy get punched by a pro boxer in the junk and didn't feel sorry for him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Surfing Turtle posted:

They got Tyrese singing national anthems at fights now. A new low for Tyrese.

Who Is tyrese

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cart Mountain posted:

a draw? Are you loving kidding me? I hate boxing.

A lot of those rounds were very close.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cart Mountain posted:

Floyd won the fight and it wasn't close

yes, and no respectively

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thehappyprince posted:

really don't get where all the khan hate is coming from tbh

He fought so dirty that when he got punched in the balls I, another man, felt no sympathy for him. He fought so dirty that he was the most repulsive character on a card featuring adrien Broner and Floyd Mayweather.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thehappyprince posted:

what does this even mean? what is awesome status? how do you qualify for that?

you mean asians yeah? it's ok. you are allowed to say it. khan actually has a pretty big fanbase still in the uk because he's generally in exciting fights, will fight anyone and you have to nail him to the floor to beat him.

yeah it's not like he actually has a really good resume and is a multiple time world champion. he hasn't earnt poo poo. he should earn the floyd fight the hard way like maidana and guerrro did by beating lovely hype jobs.

yeah winning every round with 3 knockdowns what a terrible performance i bet virgil hunter is worried for his job.

what's this got to do with khan? you think if khan had gone out and starched collazo people would not want to see a rematch of a close, exciting fight? (not that 8-4 is really close but whatever) ps maidana's best win is still broner lol so i dunno how exactly you qualify for the 'bad rear end stratosphere.'

on the other hand, people pay for boxing and when people pay money for that thing they explicitly don't want to see what khan showed us on the weekend which negates all those words

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

can someone give me a rundown of alvarado? i'm interested in jmm's fight this wkend and the bookies have it at 'not a walk in the park' odds.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i don't know what alvarado's gameplan was but it's awful.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Ninja PD posted:

Marquez throwing combos like he's 28 years old in the 5th.

yeah this is a fantastic display

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Haha, was that a 'you know where you're at?' answered by Alvarado shaking his head no?

haha thats what i thought

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'm glad that fight got good.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

polpotpotpotpotpot posted:

JMM looks like a spring chicken.

Slaine posted:

Also Marquez had a lot of chest acne at the Alvarado weight in. Huh.

ehhhhh

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Ninja PD posted:

Cotto/Martinez face-off starting.

watching bellator, but if anything interesting happens could you give me a synopsis?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thanks man

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ozymandius1024 posted:

That wasn't exactly my meaning, but that's my fault because I didn't word it close to properly.

I thought that I'd read that Kovalev made some racist remarks previously (I believe prior to the Sillakh fight), but upon research found that it was a misinterpretation (according to his manager, anyway). That was the basis of the "piece of poo poo" comparison, with the ring death thrown on top (but I'll freely admit that I didn't know about any of the aftermath of the Simakov fight, and that is some pretty amazing stuff on Sergey's part). I edited out the racist stuff, but left everything else. That was dumb of me, and I apologize if it came off that I was equating the Kovalev and Stevenson.

kovalev would have to publish mein kampf to say something racist enough to be the equivalent of pimping vulnerable, drug addicted women while beating them

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

wikipedia says that geale is supposed to be fighting macklin next. my sports betting account has geale / ggg as happening. what's going on?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gregor Samsa posted:

I think ggg was left looking for an opponent after Chavez fell through, and they want geale. Negotiations have apparently begun for that, because geale wants to die, but he's still currently set to fight Macklin. That's my rough understanding.

i honestly thought geale was ducking ggg when he chose to relinquish the belt to fight mundine again, but i will never doubt the motherfucker if he's seriously looking to drop a macklin fight for ggg

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm working on a summer thread & a Cotto-Martinez write-up by the way.

.... I've heard this before.

Jokes man looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ozymandius1024 posted:

Yes he definitely did. Which is why it was so odd that he looked like slow horseshit against Canelo.

perhaps something to do with the fact that canelo loving waled on him at full force with an astonishing work rate from the first second until the ref mercy stopped it?

• Locked thread