Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

The Ninth Layer posted:

Nobody is going to remember that Canelo robbed Angulo. Perro got his rear end kicked. What might be more worrying for Canelo is whether or not this PPV sold well at all outside of Mexico.

Does it matter? Canelo can fight the winner of Cotto-Martinez (or even just Cotto if he loses) for a jillion dollars. Putting this on PPV was, I think, chiefly an experiment by GB to measure Canelo's A-side earning potential in a vacuum. Even if it dramatically underperforms (thereby demonstrating the need for a better A-side, or a more compelling B-side), I expect he'll still be getting multi-million dollar purses to fight guys like Lara and Molina on regular Showtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
God forbid an aging fighter try to make as much money as possible before retirement.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Did Broner go for another hump? Jesus Christ.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Yeah. Broner is a loving clown. Would love to see him get demolished by The Machine.

Watching this fight, Broner is such a massive rear end in a top hat that Khan seems sympathetic by comparison.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Can a true boxing fan tell me the difference between Khan holding and BHop holding?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'm sorry but AB set my standards so low that I think Khan looks pretty good this fight.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

1st AD posted:

Who else is he gonna fight?

Showtime didn't think this through. Khan, Porter, Thurman, I guess.

e: Lara if God loves us (but does not care about our viewing excitement).

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
This is like the Cotto fight, only moreso, against a lesser fighter.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Did Floyd get old overnight? He'll still win, but Pac did better against Rios and Bradley.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Yo, assuming Floyd wins this round, who actually won?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
OK, that solves the mystery of who Floyd fights next.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Carl Froch is the motherfucking man.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

New Found Power posted:

Is there even any hint that GGG has a hankering to move up to Super Middleweight? I'm not sure where this is coming from.

Well, a GGG-Chavez fight was supposedly in the works for a while, and it was Chavez who torpedoed it, not GGG, so it seems reasonable to expect he'd be open to other big money winnable fights eight pounds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Lionel Richie posted:

I've got a suspicion if Golovkin does go to 168 it'll be against Ward. Two fighters with no one to fight.

That's definitely the least lucrative fight and the one that HBO would hate the most, given how they've been hyping GGG. I mean, I guess if he wins he's a golden god, but I don't think anybody looks good losing to Andre Ward.

• Locked thread