Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Machai
Feb 21, 2013

catanussurprise posted:

Cant spell VinceStrut without incest

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

catanussurprise posted:

i gotta doff my cap to forums user catanussurprise here

Dec 26, 2012

catanussurprise posted:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Amazing. Do you have a patreon or kickstarter because that's worth a few bucks.

catanussurprise
Mar 2, 2014

by XyloJW
at least we know where those storylines came from

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

Walk without rhythm and it wont attract the worm

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

catanussurprise posted:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Vince really is a dedicated showman.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

AHH FUGH posted:

my brother actually met vince mcmahon at a restaurant in LA 3 years ago

he's a really nice dude IRL he says
He is really nice, I got my picture with him back in 2001.

I didn't wash my body for days.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 11, 2014

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

cletus42o posted:

I didn't wash my body for days.

Is that abnormal for you?

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

didnt he tear one quad and then was hobbling around back stage and his son was all "dad lemme help you" and ofc vince is like HELL NO and then in refusing help managed to fall over and tear his other quad, or sth like that

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK

c'mon hollywood let's get that biopic made

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
lol if you think Vince isn't ruthless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYAyN2YRfvw @ 18:00

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

CaptainQuirk posted:

This was going around couple of years ago

LOL

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I work with a company that provides services to the WWE. I can't really say much because of crazy NDAs, but the people in the office who deal with the account often deal with Vince directly, and say he's actually cool as poo poo in person.

It ruined a lot of childhood wrestling memories.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

01011001 posted:

catanussurprise posted:

Machai posted:

:eyepop:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
who the gently caress unstickied this

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Gobblecoque posted:

Trump

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
I've never seen a wwe episode but i think it's basically 30 minutes of vince strutting in front of trailer trash right? I can get behind that

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Gobblecoque posted:

the stone cold stunner

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

SHARTING BEAR posted:

I could listen to Scott Steiner talk all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ccog02xSIo

How can you talk about Scott Steiner without mentioning FAAAAAAAT ASSES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fe92m7nF7s

He's right y'know. Those Dudley Boys are chunky as gently caress.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
Lighting falls on poor Vince!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MExJ50AgT8w

I LOVE YOU VINCE!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol why the gently caress would they even script that poo poo.

what kind of storyline did they develop with that?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mans posted:

lol why the gently caress would they even script that poo poo.

what kind of storyline did they develop with that?

If I have my timeline right, someone was trying to kill Vince, and then succeeded by blowing up his limo.

Then Chris Benoit killed his whole family and himself in real life and they dropped the entire thing.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

TheJoker138 posted:

If I have my timeline right, someone was trying to kill Vince, and then succeeded by blowing up his limo.

Then Chris Benoit killed his whole family and himself in real life and they dropped the entire thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGe8wkWF7qk

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Man Law and Order got weird.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

lol

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I haven't watched wrestling since I was a kid (we're talking Iron Sheik-era), but I am an avid Howard Stern fan. So, Stern brings in this WWE wrestler named Goldust who's gimmick is that he suffers from some neurological disorder like Tourette's and it may be one of the funniest interviews of all time. If you haven't seen it, it's worth the watch. I've cued it up to where it starts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp8VXv5JG5Y#t=4m09s

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 12, 2014

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
any good sig filla in this bitch?

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

TheJoker138 posted:

Wasn't the dropped part that he was not dead but in hiding and was going to return with his hobo army?

also:

Classic Vince.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Count Freebasie posted:

I haven't watched wrestling since I was a kid (we're talking Iron Sheik-era), but I am an avid Howard Stern fan. So, Stern brings in this WWE wrestler named Goldust who's gimmick is that he suffers from some neurological disorder like Tourette's and it may be one of the funniest interviews of all time. If you haven't seen it, it's worth the watch. I've cued it up to where it starts:

lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Wasn't the dropped part that he was not dead but in hiding and was going to return with his hobo army?

We have no idea. He blew up on Monday, Benoit killed his family that weekend, and the "Vince McMahon Tribute" show they were going to do that Monday was replaced by the actual Benoit tribute show that they probably wish they had never done, as they didn't have any details on the case yet. They completely dropped the whole thing by having Vince come out first thing on that show to introduce it, and the limo angle was never mentioned again. We don't know who was going to have been responsible for it, or what was going to be done with Vince's character. I'm actually kind of shocked that none of the writers have leaked out details since all of it went down about where it was going to go.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Count Freebasie posted:

haha

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Scott Steiner Freak Show is actually the best thing.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I grew up with good 'ol Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. He is now a good movie man.

I think my favourite plot line was when it was just before Wrestlemania, and one of the belts changed hands about a dozen times in as many minutes, as people kept getting jumped and having it stolen from them. I want to say some loser ended up with it. Was it gold dust?

My favourite wrestling man around the time I stopped watching was Booker T. What happened to that guy?

Dr. Pancakes
Aug 12, 2011

Thank you for not eating me without syrup

CaptainQuirk posted:

This was going around couple of years ago

Lol I feel bad for laughing so hard at this.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

gannyGrabber posted:

I grew up with good 'ol Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. He is now a good movie man.

I think my favourite plot line was when it was just before Wrestlemania, and one of the belts changed hands about a dozen times in as many minutes, as people kept getting jumped and having it stolen from them. I want to say some loser ended up with it. Was it gold dust?

My favourite wrestling man around the time I stopped watching was Booker T. What happened to that guy?

That was probably the Hardcore Title, which had to be defended 24/7. They need to make an Internet Title with the same rule that's defended on the WWE Network.

And Booker T is still around, doing panels in the pre/post shows for Raw, Smackdown, and PPVs.

HowSoonIsNow
Nov 9, 2013

Action Shakespeare posted:

Man Law and Order got weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

We have no idea. He blew up on Monday, Benoit killed his family that weekend, and the "Vince McMahon Tribute" show they were going to do that Monday was replaced by the actual Benoit tribute show that they probably wish they had never done, as they didn't have any details on the case yet.

My favorite part about the explosion was that supposedly thousands of 911 called went out right after it.

• Locked thread