Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-VKfbZKeq0
So it begins...

The gods arrive upon the world, which the inhabitants call it what else but: "The World"!

Men, Dwarves, Elves, Trolls, Orcs, goblins and many more races unfound or perhaps tucked away within the realms abound. Kingdoms and Empires have risen and fallen. During that time powers which called themselves gods, pretenders all really had tapped the powers of creation and unbalanced the world.

This was all long long ago. History soon became legend, legend became myth, and myth was soon all but forgotten. But not by the one beyond time. He knew not history and he knew not the present or the past. What he did divine, was that the real gods were not pretenders. That they were true. That they were in fact, extremely real.

The world was without guidance, no direction. Its people's and intelligences that called it home stagnant and stuck in stasis. Nothing changed anymore and nothing regressed. Sure life and death happened and certain natural laws applied, but so too did magic of all kinds and sciences that were both as arcane and mysterious.

A tangled mess. Things happened but they always accomplished nothing. The pretenders at one time did shake the foundations and good did triumph over evil. But that was all a wrong point of view.

The man looked. Really looked.

Then he saw you. Gods. Sitting in the nothingness that was neither dark nor light. Perceiving nothing but their own thoughts and histories in their heads. It was all made up of course. Once prodded and unleashed this new world would be theirs to forge a history from nothing. A destiny that only they in their infinite power can command.

It would have to be enough. He was going mad. Perhaps he would sleep for a while. Next to the other things that slept.

"HEY YOU! WAKE UP! YES I'M TALKING TO YOU! BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. DO IT. ITS YOUR WORLD. TAKE IT!!!

You awaken in the heavens, distantly aware of the others. You don't know them but they are like you and not like you. The echos of the man fade along with the memory of his words and his existence. You have no history here. You don't remember what came before even though you were shaped by it. You can sense all mortals and can see their buildings and towns. There are still mysteries here and histories here not known to you. However, you can feel an affinity for this place. It is yours. Whether you can share it with the others is another story! (Post otherwise and you may be punished)

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Mar 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Discussion/RULES Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611665

IRC channel is located: On irc.synirc.net server and channel name is #ohgod .

:smugwizard: Rule Cheat Sheet:

Stat/Attribute points: You get them by doing things. Specifically things which are in alignment with your god's dominion and theme. The scale and scope along with the outcomes of your actions affect the number of points received at the end of the "year".

You can also get points if others do the work for you or they benefit you or others by accident or design.

Gods can gain 0 points for the year if they have somehow lost in a conflict or have had their domains reduced either by mortals, natural disasters, or divine intervention by others.
Also some gods can get nothing for taking no actions.
Also, Point gain or loss isn't always 1:1.

POINTS ARE SPENT VIA PMs OR SECRET MESSAGES TO THE GM.
ACTIONS ARE ALL WRITTEN IN POSTS AND ARE NOT SECRET. JUST YOUR STATS AND WHAT YOU’VE SPENT!!

1st Stat: Divinity [Life Points & Action Initiative]
Your life, shield, and standing. A greater divine being acts first. The more Divinity you have, the more god-like you are.
If this reaches 0 you can be captured or even killed.
:siren: Once damage has been taken, the points expended are gone.

2nd Stat: Attack [Attacking mortals/nature or Another God]
Battles between Gods only occur only one on one.
You can spend between one or all your points to harm another.
For every point spent in combat it causes 1 damage to another's divinity.
Every point spent from this stat on attacking can destroy the population of a town or equal sized amount of nature.
One point of attack can destroy a single army.
You spend Attack points to increase the area of destruction or the number of beings killed.
:siren: Once points from here are spent they are gone.

quote:

Another word on Combat: A player can Yield to the other combatant rather than be captured or killed. When this happens there are options that your opponent chooses:

Option 1: The loser will give 1d3 points taken from a stat(s) of their choosing and give it to the victor, to be used as they see fit. (The value can increase if this value becomes trivial as the game goes on.)

Option 2: The loser must come up with and give the victor a boon of great value, or promise which will be enforced by the GM. If the promise or the boon is not to the victor’s liking then they can demand another. The victor cannot dictate what the boon or promise will be, it has to come from the loser.
Note: If this process takes too much time or the loser seems to be offering lovely boons or terrible promises on purpose the GM will decide. [And trust me it will be harsh if you’re meta-gaming the boon/promise process]

Option 3: The loser is maimed by the winner. It will be humiliating, it will be obvious who inflicted the wound. It might even affect how other players and NPCs look at you. 1d3 points will be taken from your highest stat. If the stat is tied with another or more than one a die will be rolled to randomly determine which stat.

The player who yielded cannot be attacked by other the combatant for a full year (of game time not real time!). This prevents feeding each other points. The player who yielded can be attacked by others though! (No free invincibility!)

3rd Stat: Power
The more power you have the more likely you are to have your way with influence vs another.
When opposing another god’s influence action you can bid points vs another god to stop his Influence action OR twist the outcome.
Power is also the stat of being somewhere, or escaping or traveling to the mortal world.
Expending a point of power you can manifest in the world or return to the heavens.

4th Stat: Influence [Used on Nature or Mortals]
Every point spent can influence the population of a town or the equivalent of animals or natural phenomenon (a storm over the town or sandstorm to slow an army etc.). This influence on mortals can be from a charismatic speech or minor mental dominion.
Mortal beings or nature/wildlife can misinterpret or add their own ideas or actions to any instructions due to free-will.
They will not completely ignore direction from the gods unless another god has countermanded it.
Deaths can occur from natural effects or influencing a group of mortals to kill someone. But not as many as if the god used a point of Attack.
You can raise armies with each influence point you spend. Each army has an Attack of 1 and Life of 1(not divinity).

Actions:
Unopposed Reasonable Actions affecting the world always succeed and are permanent unless opposed.
Reasonable is defined here as what is acceptable in the game world [When in doubt the GM will rule].
If opposed the 'Power' stat of the two gods in the conflict are used to determine the outcome.
If the opposing god wins then the action fails or its effect is twisted.
If the opposing god loses then the action takes effect.

Unreasonable actions can still affect the world and the rules for opposing actions still apply. However there is a chance based roll that is applied to unreasonable actions. This roll will determine if fate will punish the offending god for doing something against reality. If the dice favor the god, then nothing untoward happens, if they do not then 1d3 is rolled to determine damage and they can take that damage to any stat or spread it over any number of stats.
True negation of an action or event only can happen if the opposer wins an opposed power bid, however CLEVER gods can mitigate lots of effects. This illustrates that evil can always return and that good can never be truly vanquished.

:siren: If you want to do a thing, know that the cost of doing something will be different depending on what you want to do how much/many people you want to effect or amount of area you wish to do things to.

As a rule of thumb so we're all not constantly polling me for costs I will say that baseline:
Effecting the area/people of an average town or smaller may initially cost 1 influence or attack.
Large towns/Areas will cost 2.
Small Cities/areas will cost 3.
Average cities will cost 4.
Large Cities will cost 5.
To get a larger area, you can add them together to make it happen.
***Special buildings/places will be done on a need to know basis, to prevent metagaming.***

If you want to do something more than a simple action we can kind of use the following for a rule of thumb.
:smugwizard: Note: The GM determines cost. Not the player. Argue at your own peril.
Simple, extremely minor things: 0 added to influence cost. Using attack is a simple thing, it simply does what it does and the costs won't grow for attack.
Easy acts: 1 added to influence cost.
Middling acts: 2 added to influence cost.
Medium acts: 3 added to influence cost
Advanced acts: 4 added to influence cost
Hard acts: 5 added to influence cost.
Impossible things: 6 added to influence cost

:smugwizard: Note: Setting fires or other acts that can move out of control may affect more area or less depending on circumstances. If you pay the cost and no one opposes or wins, you at LEAST get what you paid for if not more. The only way you might get less is if someone mitigates your action which of course will have its own set of costs. So even if they can't stop you completely, they might provide relief in the aftermath of an act.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 9, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:smugwizard: Players and pertinent character info:

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Amrom, Who Comes In Threes, Lord Of The Triad, The Answer

Domains: Domains: Industry, Sorcery, and Undeath
Darkness, Death

Mr. Fowl posted:

Ignatz the Douter.

Domains: Ignorance, Lies, and Fire

Vulin posted:

Meroth

Domains: God of Hatred, Terror, Revenge and Destruction

JamezBfod posted:

Mimsy of the Boro-groves

Domains: God of Nature, Elves, and Lore
Added: Empire

Commoners posted:

Gohdog, The Smiling Pig, The Feast Finder, The Expected Guest, The Bounty Bringer

Domains - Gluttony, Cheer, Hospitality, Travel, Prosperity, Good Luck, Fertility, Inebriation, and Peace

megane posted:

Cipher, Goddess of Prophecy, Mysteries, Legends, and Quests

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Platonis – God of Invention, Law, Education, and Perfection
Genetics, Science

Shogeton posted:

Maen, goddess of the Moon, Chaos, Madness, Love and Art
Oceans

pre:
Adventure       has been        - 
Art	        has been	-
Chaos	        has been	-
Cheer	        has been	-

Darkness        has been        -
Death           has been        -
Destruction	has been	-
Dreams          has been        - 
Education	has been	-
Elves	        has been	-
Empire          has been        -
Fertility	has been	-
Fire	        has been	-
Genetics        has been        -
Gluttony	has been	-
Good Luck	has been	-
Hatred	        has been	-
Hospitality	has been	-
Ignorance	has been	-
Industry	has been	-
Inebriation	has been	-
Invention	has been	-
Law	        has been	-
Legends	        has been	-
Lies	        has been	-
Lore	        has been	-
Love	        has been	-
Madness	        has been	-
Moon	        has been	-
Mysteries	has been	-
Nature	        has been	-
Oceans          has been        -
Peace	        has been	-
Perfection	has been	-
Prophecy	has been	-
Prosperity	has been	-
Punishment      has been        -
Quests	        has been	-
Revenge	        has been	-
Science         has been        -
Sorcery	        has been	-
Terror	        has been	-
Travel	        has been	-
Undeath	        has been	-

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 1, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Maps of the world in all views!

http://imgur.com/jewjv8E

http://imgur.com/yYD45qP

http://imgur.com/Qrk3atz

http://imgur.com/2Q2mKW3

The World (General)
Cipher: Ragnarok Preppers- Elementals have begun constructing safe places with supplies hidden away from civilization in multiple spots.

THE MOON
Maen: Calendars now no longer are able to track days by relying on the phases of the moon. This causes disorder and chaos at all levels of society. Work is getting done, but is much slowed. People are scared and now doubt things they've learned or take as a true fact. Animals and nature that are sensitive to the moon have now been had their cycles interfered with. Oceans now have rapidly strong tides on some days and on others the sea recedes far from shore. Fishermen and other people who rely on nature are bewildered.

The Sea
Maen: The song of Maen made the sea mammals curious. Its tunes and tones echoing through the waves in different patterns of thought and meaning. While no direct words were communicated or spoken, feelings were evoked among the intelligent listeners. The mammals heard Maen's song and soon felt a kinship with surface creatures rather than fear or curiosity. Those who did not hunt and fish for them if found bereft in the waves soon were guided to shores or other vessels. Those mammals that heard the message could feel love and protection emanating from the source. They felt loved, they felt trust, and they soon felt safe. Soon changes came over those that heard the goddess' message of love. They could form the language and communicate with any land dwellers in the water. Affects 1/5 of the water mammals.
Maen: Maen's dreams and nightmares were filled with dolphins and other sea mammals suffering. The men hunting them could feel the harpoons tearing their own flesh, the nets binding them as they screamed. All other imagery that Maen wanted and more gave them a clear warning. Hunt her protected creatures at their own peril. Many decided to give up whaling and fishing overnight. But the joblessness caused by the collapse of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes affected economies everywhere. Desperate men and women soon found work that was abandoned by more seasoned hands. If anything there were more willing to do the work than before. A warning unheeded coming from retired sailors.

• Bakhan
      The biggest warzone in the world is on the border between Drune and Bakhan. An ancient hatred exists between the these countries. They used to be unified under a single ruler, upon his death each of his twin sons tried to claim the crown for his own. One was valued for his strength and quick action the other for his knowledge and wise deliberations. As what all too often happens the land split. Brother against brother and then their descendants following suit as well. Citizens of Bakhan are seen as smart and often make the best choices, but only after they have weighed all their options.
    • Cipher: In both nations the agents of Cipher visited towns and villages. They inspired many more than would normally go to fight to try and be heroes and win the war for their side. It would be glorious. Others wanted peace, it was a jumble. The majority of people were entrenched in their hate for the other side so they would indeed fight. Far too few were around to shout down the majority.
    • Ignatz: Demagogs and pundits went around spreading the message of tradition to their peoples. From a political level on down to how to raise crops, they had an opinion. Fight the aggression of their neighboring oppressor states. Fight!
    • Gohdog: Due to the god of peace's actions there is now peace between Drune and Bakhan as well as Drukhan.
    • Bandit Forge -Citadel
      1. Information Holder
    • Brown Trees -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Buni -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Daston -AverageCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Pile -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Krast -LargeCity
      1. Anti-undead sentiment spread like wildfire amongst the citizens of Krast. They became almost like an Inquisition about undead hate.
    • Ksan -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • PinPines -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Port Scaro -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Tekra -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder

• Baron Kar Nor's Lands
    • Cursed Forest -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Karnn -Small City
      1. In no other place could it be said that love could find no purchase or love but in the lands of Baron Kar Nor. In the cityfast of Karnn the lord of that land which once was connected to Beld in more than history slept through the day. At night would the cruel pleasures of the MASTER be inflicted upon the people. For to love is to bring the attention of the afflicted beast! Its identity unknown but its victims slaughtered. The laws were made to protect the people or so said the lord. For even under such laws where the forbidden act of young love was to happen, it too would end in tragedy. Therefore only those that hated one another were given unto marriage, fathers beat children and mothers provided no succor to the whelps at their breast. A miserable place. All for the Sin of the one who rules it. Who cast out his lady love into the wilderness for the love of a mistress.
        Maen: Maen and Meroth fought to break the curse over the baron and his lady love, Maen won out and the mistress struck a decisive blow against the beast. Setting themselves free. Systemic abuse is still the rule of the day in town and other curses exist but this one, is busted!

• Beld
      Platonis: Inspired the king to take a greater interest in the inventors of tik tok tower. Now, any inventions that fail or displease him see the apostate inventors landed in prison. Good inventors are rewarded.
    • Castwood -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • D-Gate -Fortified Wall Garrison
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Tret -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Kurni -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Platonic Academy -AverageCIty
      1. Created by the god Platonis, it is a school focused on hard practical science and applied magic.
      2. Meroth: Created the Unstoppable Gralk.
      3. Mimsy: The elves go to learn and teach, but in smaller groups.
      4. Platonis: Created statue that had the voice of Platonis and non-dangerous knowledge and the ability to tell the difference in people asking dangerous questions, it was that good a construct. It educated people by asking leading questions, and then rewarding whoever answers correctly first with even more knowledge. Soon it became a competition to get to the statue first before anyone else. People camped out and others tried to monopolize it. Things eventually worked themselves out and a rotation was developed with certain times for certain students, or professors, or new students to ask.
    • Terly -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Tik Tok Tower -ArtificerTower
      1. Platonis: Tik Tok tower within a week had built a functional printing press. The first of its kind in the world unaided by magical means. It was a wonder and marvel of technology. Paper would be needed from trees and other sources. The land however was plentiful! Soon orders went out to woodsman and logging companies for more wood to create paper. The press would soon be able to spread knowledge and news anywhere! Unfortunately, copying scribes found themselves out of jobs, mage grimores and spellbooks soon had spells copied and for sale to anyone with coin. Dangerous knowledge would soon be in the hands of novices. Dwarven and elvish news sources got hold of the designs and the first false gossip papers were posted. These happened to be more popular than the regular news. A fine mess and harder to dispel than rumors alone, many public figures had to crack down on personal freedoms or free speech.
        Mimsy: While recycling had its uses, the creators at Tik Tok Tower had very exacting specifications to many of its works for its many customers. Many if the lesser shops and businesses (of which there were many) picked up the practice for economic reasons. It wouldn't slow down the larger manufactories from consuming needlessly, it did slightly slow the rampant use or resources.(for now) It did however slow down industry and growth as well as the advance of civilization in this area in a large but not crippling way.
      2. Mimsy: Abated the rampant use of resources at Tik Tok Tower by giving the right businessmen and lumberjacks dreams about the right way to take from the environment. Talk of conservation was soon having a greater effect on the operations of the tower.
    • Two-Bit -LargeCity
      1. Platonis:A ship designer by the name of James Applehead came upon an idea. A vessel with multiple masts and a wavebreak in front of the ship. A new sleeker design would cut off the journey to other cities and continents by months. Pirates got the designs first but the designs will be used by everyone soon enough!

• Caruqosa
    • Caruqosa Castle -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Quein -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Rull -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Sepol -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder

• Conclave of the Magi
      The Circle of the Magi are a very secretive group. They practice a form of magic unseen in other lands for they bind beings from beyond the mortal world into their spells. The first sacrifice of an initiate to begin to learn such ways (and to ensure their loyalty) is to give up their very soul to the leaders of the order for "safekeeping". Ascending into full mage status gives the user back his soul, and he can infuse the souls of other living things to give himself longevity and youth. They do not actively seek members and only those who come to them fully and willingly are allowed to become initiates of the order. People often seeking favors or magic which can only be seen as miraculous often pay large sums for their workings in their art of magic. Other forms of payment are taken as well. In any case the group seeks no worldly power of their own but could take much if they so desired.
    • Delus -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • The Vil -MageCommunity
      1. Information Holder

• Cult of the Dragon
    • Old Man Red Summit -Encampment
      1. Population wiped out by Mimsy
      2. Red claims possession of this territory.
    • Old Man Red's Mountain -Mountain
      1. .
      2. .
      3. Meroth makes the leading council of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes go to the mountain with gifts. They bargain their asses off to get the dragon not to eat them but help in their war upon the elves. Mimsy then seeing an opportunity kills them and threatens the dragon to mind his own business.
      4. Red claims possession of this territory.
    • The Four Waters (Laketown) -LargeTown
      1. LAKE MEN! Red claims possession of this territory.
    • Port Redban -AverageTown
      1. Red claims possession of this territory.
    • Sitha -AverageTown
    • Tivac -LargeTown
    • Whitescar -AverageTown

• Darklord's Domain
    • Cankine -SmallCity
      1. Taken by the Dark Lord for his domain. Domain from West Norn.
    • Castle Norn (West) -Castle
      1. Taken by force. Three Undead Bone Giants have taken up residence here.
    • Cravos' Tower -DarkTower
      1. It seems inert. There are traces of twisted power lingering here.

2. Amrom Awakens The Dark Lord of the Tower.
      3. The Dark Lord compels and his chosen rise up. Through nightmares and dreams he goads the jealous, the vengeful, the downtrodden. They did not disappoint. Necromancers and Sorcerers showed up from M.A.G.O.S along with engineers from outside the Dark Lord's tower. Fire and Industry would reign.
    • Dern -AverageTown
      1. Taken by the Dark Lord for his domain. Domain from West Norn.
    • Fort Neem -Fortress
      1. Taken by pursasion, added to the Dark Lord's Domain from West Norn.
    • Kine -AverageTown
      1. .
      2. Population Destroyed by Meroth
    • Morag Mar -ActiveVolcano
      1. Information Holder
    • Shadow Wood -Forest
      1. Information Holder
  • Darklord's Domain (Colonies)[Old Confederacy of MP]
    • CMP Castle -Castle
      1. Taken by Amrom's disciple, Azariah for the great lord of the dead.
    • Sersan -SmallCity
    • Valen -LargeTown
    • Yune -AverageTown

• Defae
    • Berona -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Defar Castle -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Forrest of Shades -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Meen -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Meinwar -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder

• Drukhan
      Gohdog: A nation created for peace between the nations of Drune and Bakhan.
    • Gohdog: Due to the god of peace's actions there is now peace between Drune and Bakhan as well as Drukhan.
    • Burgen -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Oliver -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Shelt -Garrison
      1. Information Holder
    • Spar -Garrison
      1. Information Holder
    • Stenn -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Victz -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder

• Drune
      The biggest warzone in the world is on the border between Drune and Bakhan. An ancient hatred exists between the these countries. They used to be unified under a single ruler, upon his death each of his twin sons tried to claim the crown for his own. One was valued for his strength and quick action the other for his knowledge and wise deliberations. As what all too often happens the land split. Brother against brother and then their descendants following suit as well.
      Citizens of Drune favor strength and are often seen to make brash decisions, but are quick to respond to crises.
    • Cipher: In Drune the agents of Cipher visited towns and villages. They inspired many more than would normally go to fight to try and be heroes and win the war for their side. It would be glorious. Others wanted peace, it was a jumble. The majority of people were entrenched in their hate for the other side so they would indeed fight. Far too few were around to shout down the majority.
    • Ignatz: Demagogs and pundits went around spreading the message of tradition to their peoples. From a political level on down to how to raise crops, they had an opinion. Fight the aggression of their neighboring oppressor states. Fight!
    • Bloon -SmallCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Castle Drune -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Fillwood -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Pitt -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Hort -Garrison
      1. Information Holder
    • Klemm -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Onnah -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Osalt -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Placid Pool -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Still Waters -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Utna -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder

• Dwarf hold
      Dwarfhold is one of the oldest kingdoms in the known world their empire's longevity even beyond the memory of the eldest of the elves histories. Their kingdom has the population concentrated of about 5 large cities under their mountain home. It all goes straight down(mostly).
      The Dwarves are ruled by one king and he is aided by 8 noble houses of varying influence and power. The heads of which meet in his council chambers. The current king's line has ruled for 2,000 years after a lengthy conflict known as the War of the Mines in which the current house beat the ancient line of kings, wiping them out. It was a long and bloody conflict that is still referred to as a warning against ambition. "Beware the 9th!" they would say referring the the insane/inbred old line of kings.
      Dwarven society is highly capitalistic and opportunistic. They are xenophobic when not engaged in the act of trade. They are not greedy but enjoy the fruits of their labors and leisure.
      Every dwarf is a fighting man due to sometimes delving too deep and unleashing some horror or other. Most can be delt with by axe and hammer, others have seen priceless treasures and ores lost when the mine needed to be collapsed to prevent the doom of the dwarven race.
      Dwarves can be found in small numbers in the world, merchants mostly plying dwarven wares.
      Dwarven technology employs ornate clockwork style machines and they are masters of the forge and artistry(when employed in making something worth selling but not for art's sake).
      Platonis: Ideas abound, exploration abounds. They will become a titan of invention and industry soon. Inventors are making protypes, engineers are working on ways to automate, and idea men are exploring and looking for ideas outside of Dwarfhold.
    • North (Entrance) -Fortified Entryway
      1. Gohdog: The dwarves laughed and sang, beer and ale being drunk with wild abandon. Dwarven lasses and men danced and sang together. The king and his advisors even got into the revelry. It was infectious, ambassadors, businessmen from far off lands were soon drawn into it. All from the smell of the enchanted pork of some escaped pigs. Food and drink was had by all in an orgy of drunken decadence. This however differed from what happened below...
    • South (Entrance) -Fortified Entryway
      1. Gohdog: Entrances dwarves to dig and dig deep. The stones whispered to them. "Come find me." The blackened deep called to them. "Delve into my secrets." The entity beyond the stone cackled madly.

• East Norn
      Cipher: Word of the Dragon and Dark Lord alerted the population that the old threats had returned. Fear and terror spread along with words of hope beyond an apocalypse. Time would tell to see if the nation would hide or fight the dragon or the Dark Lord, time would tell.
    • Castle Norn (East) -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Kelten -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Gartten -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • GNARM -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Narne -Large City
      1. Cipher: A huge adventurers guild opens up. The whole town is now basically an extension of the Adventurers' Guild. Adventurers all over the place.
    • Port Fold -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Port Serino -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • The Seer -Oracle
      1. Meroth: From the Seer at the Oracle in East Norn, hundreds of riders spread out to get out the message of the god of terror. Within a year, word of his return to the world will be everywhere.

• Elven Retreat
      The capital of the elves is the large castle sitting in the Elven Lands. The elves primarily exist in their nation's confines but go to many other wooded areas of the world. Many have spread to the many nations and cities when it became clear the Elves' would not retake their lands and the world. They are ruled by a Monarch who delegates the running of the realm to a council of the eldest and not often eldest but most gifted/wisest among the realm. Their buildings are made from living trees, earth and stone. The houses grow like thick trunked trees, with rooms forming sometimes years before the household are even contemplating children.

While some of the natural environment is used or destroyed by the elves it pales in comparison to the rest of the races on the planet. Elves also replace or make amends to the environment whenever possible. Magic and lore are used for such things.

The elven nation has not held up well after the last of their homeland had been stolen by the aggressive and highly industrial Confederacy of Merchant Princes. The princes used hired War-mages and Warlocks along with bribing several nations to have them send their best troops to fight on their behalf. The elves were generally winning with guerrilla tactics and their advanced magecraft but the Confederacy's greed and pockets were almost without limit. Attrition and the destruction of the forest they were trying to save made the elves sue for peace.

Over the bargaining table the elves were forced to sell off the majority of their land for a pittance. This satisfied other nations who took issue at the aggression that a "fair deal" had taken place. The elves referred to these lands as "the stolen lands" and the name has stuck ever since.

Mimsy: (Mimsy gave elven leaders dreams). The small yet neigh immortal Elven leaders stirred from their meditations, sleep having failed them long ago to rest a troubled mind and suddenly found themselves dreaming for the first time in a hundred years. Tears filled their wakeless eyes as the message became clear. The forest gods had returned. Or at least one had. Though she went by a different name, it was clear she was an elven deity. They were sure of it. Upon waking they would call their wisest to try and make sense of the dream. Was it an omen for the eventual return of elven supremacy over the world?

Platonis: Created: Loremasters are highly specialized druids and elves who can remake life itself.
    • Eternal Wellwater -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Forsk -Garrison
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Eldra -Fortress
      1. .
      2. .
      3. The fort occupants are murdered by Mimsy's ghost army and the occupants replaced with Elven Forces.
    • M.A.G.O.S -WizardTower
      1. M.A.G.O.S tower is brimming and full of mortals. They use magic here of many schools and stripes. They have banned the use of necromancy and darker powers.
        Amrom: Soon infested the thoughts of the grand council of wizards and mages and turned them to those of necromancy. It was a shift that soon caused a schism within the school. Half of the school supported the old Grand Master Tel-ah of the Elves while the rest supported Under-master Drake of the Gnomes. Sorcery and necromancy was taught to all who would come to learn. Some with talent and others...well they would become the experiments yes? There wasn't outright warfare between the wizards for they all had sworn oaths against such things, but there was a race for knowledge on both sides, both trying to get an edge for when the inevitable would happen.
      2. Amrom defeats Ignatz and thwarts a plot to ruin necromancy. Necromancers swear to counter the followers of Ignatz wherever they are found.
    • Mithrashe -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Retreat Castle[/b] -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Sandy -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Silethne Forest -Forest
      1. Information Holder

• Empire of Marek
      Known as the Empire of Marek "the pretender". Marek is an old nation with a new name. The queen of roses once ruled this land with a fair hand but was struck down by a false nobleman who claimed he was from another land. In truth he was Baldak the Craven, a leader of a mercenary company that was more bandit than military. When the queen hired his people to clear the Freak Forest of all of the undesireables and monsters, Baldak presented himself to the queen as a dandy by the name of Marek. He went from uncouth brute to a cultured wellspoken statesman. This was due to a magical ring he had found in some ruins within the quuen's lands. It made the person seem like what they desired. In no time Marek became the queen's consort and replaced her guard with his own men. Eventually the smitten queen found herself a prisoner in her own castle, when Marek was done he forced her to marry him and then in a moderate amount of time killed her. He would never go back to being Baldak and would tighten his hold over the kingdom in the intervening decades. Though Marek's secret is not so much a secret due to his own men's loose tongues, no one really cared enough to take him down. Daily life wasn't impacted by the common man and any nobles that had a problem with it stopped having problems when bribed with concessions.
      Marek isn't a terrible ruler but he is ruthless when pushed. He is far more willing to use non-violent methods in his current form than he was as Baldak.
      Magnus: Magnus helps those who cannot help themselves, he tries to eliminate dooming word of an apocalypse, fear mongering, terror, and "evil" self-destructive thought.
    • Antrap -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Bunken -SmallCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Castle Marek -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • East Logging Site -LoggingCamp
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort ROTE -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Gar Gate -Gateway to the Dwarves
      1. Information Holder
    • Mysterious Ruins (???) -Ruins
      1. Information Holder
    • Stonemill -AverageCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Ventra -AverageTown
      1. Population Murdered by Meroth
    • Yinez -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder

• Erigon
    • Blue Lake -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Deadwoods -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Bane -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Graid -LargeTown
      1. Population destroyed by pretender the Earth Warden
    • IL-Gate -Gateway
      1. Information Holder
    • Tannerton -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Tarsk -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Warmonger Kreel -Citadel
      1. Information Holder

• Florn
    • Battor Town -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Castle Florn -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Zed -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Fuuth -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Lake Smuve -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Rencel -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Seaside -SmallCity
      1. Seaside in the nation of Florn seems to be the busiest port in the world. Its slightly cruder than other more developed towns but hosts a thriving community of people from all walks of life. It is the custom here to taken in penniless strangers for a night, feed and shelter them. The only thing the stranger must do in return is to be a polite guest and tell a tale in payment. Gohdog: He makes a prophet: The Most Generous Man suddenly turned around and his skin had turned into gold. Where he walked he spoke with a silver tongue as the fountains burst with brew and the granaries filled to overflowing bounties. All soon gained the blessing of Gohdog in a citywide celebration. A feast of bounty and drink, men and women soon paired off for a blessing of another kind. However some people took this blessing to mean they should no longer work and abandoned their professions for lives of parties and laziness. While many shook their heads at the layabouts and refused to join the jobless, no one raised a hand. For the Gohdog's blessings were nothing to be sneezed at.

Mimsy: Followers of the Gohdog were gifted by the goddess to have green thumbs.
      2. Gohdog enriches the people of seaside with the power of allegorical stories.
        ***City Destroyed by Meroth in year 2.
      3. Maen, Gohdog, Mimsy: The Goh-fu'di, the people of the road were founded from the refugees of Seaside. Gypsy-style travelers, they were gifted by many gods. They travel by wagon, follow the light of the moon and are accompanied by the oracles of Cipher.
    • TinyWood -Forest
      1. Information Holder

• Isle of the Freebooters
    • Baltugan -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Lights Hope -LightHouse(Special)
      1. Information Holder
    • Sandeen -SmallTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Silvermane -AverageTown
      1. Water Priests created, they range out far and wide over the seas and in port towns mostly. For now. They are powered only if they love someone else.

• Kesk
    • Brinn -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Castle Kesk -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Far Wood -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Arken -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Kovar -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Lake Pook -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Led -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Mifel -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Omette -University
      1. Due to MAEN:Art is the rule of the day in Omette. Professions other than art have not been stamped out completely but basically if you want to be a mage or scientist or lawyer/doctor it will take a long time as teaching such things is now out of favor.
      2. Ignatz defeats Platonis and burns all the books of the greatest font of knowledge in the world.
    • Prill -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Tea lit Forrest -Forest
      1. Information Holder

• New Elven Empire
    • FairWood/Deal -AverageCity
      1. Mimsy, Platonis, and Gohdog: The city became alive. The people fled to the west. Vines and trees burst from the houses and homes, the streets carpeted in flowers and grass. The city became an elf's dream. A living city that could be communed with. Peace reigned in the former polluted streets. Flowers and gentle leaves caressed the skin, hard bark and branches sprouted from the homes. Not a single man was harmed in its making, but the town was now unlivable to men who weren't elves or druids.
        Cipher: After the town's transformation A shrine appears in the former city of FairWood, its pristine beauty almost screaming in the silence. Cipher soon appeared. Immortal. Mysterious. Patient. Those that would come in time would come and see.
        Ignaz: The refugees who were traveling and running for their very lives and sanity suddenly were struck with odd thoughts. No matter the pleading of those unaffected by whatever madness had infected the rest, people cried and screamed in misery as they watched their relatives and loved ones march back to the forest of where they had come. It took many blistering days and nights of fasting and starvation during the march back without supplies to make it. Eyes feverish, the people clawed their way like animals back into FairWood. Inside at first sight there was an unearthly shrine which gave the people pause...

Then they laid eyes on Cipher. A living goddess. In the cores of their beings, the people KNEW what she was. Minds shattered. People killed themselves or murdered others. An orgy took place in one area while cannibalism took place in another. Both at the same time were just as frequent. The people here would all be mentally useless. But not all of them. A handful escaped the chaos and hid in the ruins of an old bakery inside the old stove oven. These had the gift of prophecy or force of will to be leaders and could be useful to a god with the right talents.
      2. Cipher: The Oracles were created and soon began trying to train men and women into heroes by spreading out as far as they could. In some cases they jumped into wandering bands of Goh-fu'di caravans, they soon became a part of their culture and people began to think that perhaps the Goh-fu'di were a blessed people. Elves soon found their way into FairWood and they began to train. Some showed great promise yet it seemed something was missing to make them truly heroic, they did all become sorcerers however. Maybe with many years of training and time they would be heroes or great sidekicks for them, but for now they didn't have what it took. FairWood soon became well guarded and secure, even for the insane.

Cipher: The forest grows outward from fairwood and soon the area around it is filled with darkness, foul beasts, and soon the rampaging killing machines. Indeed fairwood was now almost an island in the nation of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes. NO ONE wanted to go there. Only the elves trained in fairwood could guide people into and out of the town without running afoul of the defenses.

Maen: Turned the insane humans in Fairwood into werewolves. They have regeneration, great strength, shapeshifting ability between man, wolf and wolfman. Their only sustenance is human flesh. On the full moon, they get really hungry. They will also always be mad, even if they weren't before they transformed. Humans that eat the flesh of werewolves, either through free will, force or trickery will also become werewolves. Non-human races are not favored prey, nor can they change into werewolves. They do not have a weakness to silver, but they can be entranced by singing. They leave the Oracles alone.
        The Oracles have moved out of Fairdeal. Its too crowded and anyone who comes to visit is mauled. The elves take their leave too, for it is too wild a place now.
      3. Mimsy: Though this place is technically on the map as being under the New Elven Empire's Umbrella, people of almost any land don't go near it.
    • Flsken -LargeTown
      1. Mimsy: The town population were turned into Elves and soon fell under Mimsy's dominion.
    • Returned Lands -Forest
      1. The Returned lands were taken from the elves in relatively recent times(for elves) by the Confederacy of Merchant Princes in a military action for logging and exploitation of its natural resources. Several tree Ents have been using tiny tribes of orcs and goblins and human druid activists to try and sabotage their efforts. It isn't working because the Confederacy has a large mercenary army with many mages-for-hire on their payroll keeping them at bay.
      2. Mimsy: At last! The forest came back into elven hands!
    • Woena -LargeTown
      1. Mimsy: The town population were turned into Elves and soon fell under Mimsy's dominion.

[list]
    • Troll Father's Realm[list]
      Amrom: Azariah awoke with terrible new knowledge. He knew he would need to do one thing to appease his god. He needed to slay the Troll Father. First he would travel the land and gather those to his side that he could impress with his powers. Next he would need to go to the boneyards where all trolls went to die. There he would raise an army. An army of the dead. Only his god could empower him to do it, if he willed it. Azariah began his journey and would call upon his god as the time came.
    • Ill Tree Forest -Forest
      1. Information Holder

• Turlac
    • Castle Turlac -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Grimn -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Hume -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Nearone -SmallCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Ruck -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • The Scrubs -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Zent -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder

• Valk
      Valk is a nation of magical inventions, most of which do not work well at all. This is due to there being higher concentrations of magic in the land than most places. Leylines and places of power can be found almost under every rock and tree(not literally). The nation of Valk is extremely different from others because their leader is elected for terms not to exceed 10 years. Election years held every decade are celebrated like holidays, the people having festivals and casting their votes via magical counters. Most of Valk's people avoid Mount Green even though it is rumored that one could find their fate after visiting there. A large population of Beastmen resides in Valk in the south while a massive population of Orcs resides in the north. The Beastmen often leave the rest of the world at large alone while the Orcs shun outsiders. There are clashes often between Valk and Beld and fewer but messier clashes with the Empire of Marek along the borders of Valk. There are no agreements between the nations but they aren't exactly at war either.
    • Aovtar -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Beast Realm -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Castle Valk -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Club Forest -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Fax -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Garo -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Green Mountain Monestary -AverageTown
      1. .
      2. .
      3. Created by Ignatz influencing others, a monument to ignorance and peace. Not all monks have all powers, only the abbot has the supreme ignorance. The top level monks know one or two abilities and your name, the mid tier ones can ignore most things like pain and physical limits, lower level initiates try to forget or train to become grandly...blank.
    • Highlock -Small City
      1. Information Holder
    • Iennre -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Madden -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Mount Green -Mountain
      1. Ignatz: Weed and Fermenting Ents are now twice as effective here, but only on Mount Green!
    • Narshe -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Orc Woods -Forest
      1. In the Orc woods, the orcs live a simple existence. Living in camps with small fires of collected grass, leaves, and twigs for stealth they raid the surrounding communities outside of the forest for the things they need. Food in the forest is plentiful and they forage there and supplement their meager stores with raiding. They don't often kill when they raid, but have been known to carry off a person or two (usually a craftsman of one kind or another).
    • Pelten -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Secret -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Selanz -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • South Logging Camp -LoggingSite
      1. Information Holder
    • Tippe -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Tippors -MageTower
      1. Tippors tower is home to a family of scholars and inventors.
    • Wake Swamp -Lake/Swamp
      1. Information Holder
    • West Logging Camp -LoggingSite
      1. Information Holder

• Vernak
    • Bippen -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Castle Vernak -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Drud -Garrison
      1. Information Holder
    • Eddgerton -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Epaon -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort ASP -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Gourt -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Krillmen Loch -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Seerna -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Teeb -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Toame -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Tugan Town -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder

• West Norn
      1. Information Holder
    • Hollows -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Nane -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 24, 2014

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Amrom, Who Comes in Threes

Splendid.
Excellent.
This will do.

Amrom hovers about his section of the heavens, his trio of skeletal bodies peering down upon the world. "Is anyone else here? We cannot remember how long it has been since we spoke to another. An eternity, more or less." Not waiting for an answer from an outsider, the strange being begins to discuss amongst itself its next course of action. "We must find one worthy of the gift. They must have already proven themselves. To gift the gift to others will be a long and arduous task."

An excited chorus emerges. "The towers! They signify the learning of our arts. Maybe not quite the same, but closer than the rest." The first body speaks alone. "Cravos' tower is greatest and most impressive. Mortals fear his domain. He could be a mighty prophet." Then, the second admonishes him. "No, we do not come to be feared, but to be loved for our gifts. Look at the tower of Tippors. It is surrounded by many mortal towns, all potential followers, clearly the best." The last body shakes his head at both of them. "The tower of MAGOS is near to Elves and Trolls. They may be more interested in our gift that Mankind. I would not be surprised."

Amrom speaks in unison: "This will only be solved through observation. Let us watch the towers. Everlasting will be our gift for whomever we shall choose."

Looking to see if I can remotely observe Tippors, Cravos' Tower, and MAGOS from the heavens to try and spot a noteworthy and suitable mortal.

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Amrom, Who Comes In Threes, Lord Of The Triad, The Answer
Amrom is one of the few gods who has ever died; He was once a mortal sorcerer, a war-wizard and battlefield medic, occupying the dual role of burning the enemy alive and healing his own side. Powerful though he was, death and its inevitability endlessly frustrated Amrom. No matter how great of a healer he became, the long-dead, those that had died truly rather than momentarily, were always beyond his reach. He swore that when his own death came, he would pay careful attention, and learn just what had prevented him from bringing those people back.

After many decades, the sorcerer finally fell in battle, and as he traversed the Underworld, he learned its secrets, and how souls were trapped there. Here, he developed his doctrine over millenia: The Doctrine of the Triad, through which any being can achieve Eternal Life. The first pillar of the doctrine is Industry; One must work hard, and focus ones efforts towards a purpose, in order to achieve anything. The second pillar of the doctrine is Sorcery; Through magic and knowledge, any challenge can be overcome. These two pillars support the single most important point of Amrom's theology: Undeath. With enough hard work and magical knowledge, even death can be overcome.

This is the messages that Amrom comes to deliver to the World: Through faith in him and his principles, all beings, Troll and Elf, Orc and Man, all can receive the blessing of Eternal Life, and death will no longer be a thing to be feared by anyone.

The Triad of Domains: Industry, Sorcery, and Undeath

A Brief Rundown on Domains:
Sorcery is the practice of advanced magic by the most learned of Wizards; It is the high magic that is a product of research, knowledge, and discipline.

Undeath involves undead beings of all kinds, and the magical discipline of Necromancy, which makes the dead rise and allows the wizard to wield the power of death itself.

Industry covers diligent work, especially when that work is systematic and organized for a greater purpose.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Cravos' tower seems inert. You can sense the traces of twisted power lingering here. M.A.G.O.S tower is brimming and full of mortals. They use magic here of many schools and stripes. They have banned the use of necromancy and darker powers. Tippors tower was home to a family of scholars and inventors.

Choose a mortal and MAKE him worthy!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Maen

She was eternal and immortal.

She was young like a newborn babe.

Her knowledge was vast.

She knew next to nothing.

Yet she needed to know nothing. For one such as her, the past is a gray, dead thing. Perhaps sometimes it can be of interest in the works of man shaped by it, yet there is always new passion, new beauty attracting her eye elsewhere. From her celestial sphere did she gaze down, lips in a smile of faint appreciation and amusement at all the busy scuttling and loving and crafting. But it was never for her to leave things as they were.

She acted on a whim, for that was her wont. Her silver gaze turning towards Omette, in the lands of Kesk. A university there, a place of young minds. Brimming with creativity and passion, yet straining against rules that were laid upon them to make them into citizens of use. Yes, this place gained her interest, for now.

And so it was that on a night where a full moon was in the sky, six students found sleep beyond their grasp. Their nightly path would find them outside, and should they look at the heavens, they would find a silver gaze upon them. For each of them had gotten the attention of Maen upon them. No new ideas were granted in their head. No visions of their complete beyond what their minds could craft themselves. Such would be tedious. Instead, under the Lunar lights, they found their minds better suited to their great work. Their will fortified, other concerns became more trivial, their minds sharpened to a dangerously sharp edge, their hearts filled with the desire to create, their hands made steadier and their eyes made clearer.

A poet, a playwright, a painter, a sculptor, a musician and an architect. They were not given instructions. They were not given direction. They were not even given a name to worship. All they were given was clarity and drive to commit to their art. And then Maen watched. She gave no protection to them, no particular favour, beyond the six having her attention for as long as this whimsy lasted.

Make these six people into artists of legend, possibly with tragic consequences for their personal life. I want the University to have a thriving artistic edge to them, inspired by the example they set. So basically an academy to keep producing art and artists of all kind. What is already there, I want expanded. I want the works these six create to kickstart an artistic rebirth. Other students would flock to them, and strive to make their own art. And for the university to influence the youth of that nation into more artistic things towards the future.

So this is very much an Influence on Omette to have the university produce a lot more art, the six artists are simply the method for that influence. They don't need to hang around.

Shogeton posted:

Maen, goddess of the Moon, Chaos, Madness, Love and Art

Mercurial, beautiful and bewitching, dwelling in the darkness yet sometimes giving light. She is often aloof and distant, caring or understanding little of the day to day needs of people. No, it is only when human hearts and souls come to a fever pitch that her eyes turn that way. Those lost in love, in creative passion, or in madness are said to navigate by the moon. The more resistance and consequences there are to these passions, the more valuable it is to her to see them prevail. The prince marrying a peasant girl despite the great turmoil it might bring, the artist writing poetry that sets a population on fire, the madman escaping all attempts to restrain him and following his delusions to their inevitable conclusion.

At her best she is inspirational, patron of lovers, muse to the artists, supporter of freedom, refuge for those who are broken by reality. At her worst she drives lovers to self-destruction, artists to obsession and instigates of madness and death both in individuals and societies. And of course, her favour is never reliable. Without reason or rhyme, she might withdraw the gifts she has given.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 14, 2014

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Meroth

"I know of this world and yet they do not know of me. This must change." Meroth awakens with this singular thought. "A messenger must be found." Meroth's gaze wanders the world for a moment before it transfixes the seer in East Norn. "An Oracle. This will suffice." He reaches out with his bony hand and touches the mortals mind in its sleep.

"Mortal! The gods are awake. With them comes the end of your world. Fire and brimstone will rain down on you and your petty kingdoms will fall. Starvation and disease will plague you and the seas will boil away. The fury of the gods will devour all. Appease them and maybe the inevitable will be delayed."

"Spread this message into the four corners of the world and remember that Meroth has warned you."

Going to give the head-poncho of the oracle the vision and motivate them to drop everything else and spread the whole message to Kine and Dern.

Vulin posted:

Meroth - God of Hatred, Terror, Revenge and Destruction

Strife between mortals is an everlasting constant. Or at least it is Meroth's will that it be so. His desire is to see brother fight brother, peasants cower in fear, victims seek bloody retribution and cities fall to ruin. He has no needs for priests or temples to worship him. Instead he favors more subtle methods. Whispering into the ears of a prince, having him steal away the daughter of another king, inciting a long and violent feud between the kingdoms, a cycle of century lasting hatred, terror, revenge and destruction as they tear away at each other.

As such Meroth is a very capricious god. He might support mortals with his power, just to let them fall again if it would create even more hatred or destruction. Even if they grow to hate Meroth himself, it only serves to make him stronger. Still some are desperate enough to pray for Meroth's assistance, so that they might be able to avenge themselves, ignoring that to draw his gaze is to invite eventual destruction on oneself.

Vulin fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 9, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Remember to state how many people your "chosen ones" may be helping see the light.
Also to everyone, posts should follow the following format:

NAME

Fluffy text that without OOC text I can and WILL misinterpret.

OOC TEXT: The nuts and bolts of what you're really doing. You're not just influencing one guy or 6 to make/bring a message. He's going to be running down a certain amount of people. He's your tool but his progress is going to be slow as gently caress if you don't help it along with influence. So if you don't want him to have a church of 5 people in his mom's basement I need WHO, WHAT, WHERE, and WHEN (and how much/many) [if applicable]. Also if people haven't already(you know who you are) how much stats are you spending on this? I need that in PMs. If none don't be surprised if nothing really happens.

more details at the bottom of the post here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=426727917 in case this was missed.

edit: Also if you want to have a prophet or hero or something, you can definitely have one. [its not free but you're wasting points if you just make him and he's not doing poo poo] Pick where he's from and so long as he comes from obscurity and isn't the ruler of the land you can give him a name like bob and make him a wise man or prophet or whatever. I do have NPCs made but they aren't necessary for you guys to do things.

Also, you all have limited omniscience. If you ask me a question, any question I will answer. So if you ask me, which is the spookiest town in the world? It might be easier than asking me about 3-5 towns at a time until we get to the spookiest. If you want the evilest man, the hottest woman, or the best king. They're out there and I will produce them. However feel free to forge a few guys from lowly origins into agents you care about. This game will do well.

Just don't make too many ok? I don't want to enforce a limit on you guys.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 9, 2014

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Cipher

As the other gods awaken, Cipher lingers, half-dreaming, her mind floating freely through the emptiness. As she dreams, the void takes shimmering, shadowy form around her; pale reflections of the real world far below curl into view. "The Dreamscape," she names it, and the half-formed space ripples and sharpens under her authority.

But then the light and the voices impinge, draining the color from the Dreamscape, and she climbs a set of glass stairs to a door in the sky and finds herself in the relatively stable halls of heaven, where her siblings are already gazing down through the clouds.

"So... this is our realm, then, is it?" She enquires. "But why? And how do I know that? And... what shall we do?" Not waiting for an answer, she leans out of the window and casts her divine gaze down among the people, listening to their speech and their thoughts. Perhaps they had the answer -- but she rather hoped not.

I'm going to shape part of Heaven into the Dreamscape; prophets and such might sometimes come there when asleep, to glimpse divinity and so on. Then I'm going to seek out the most well-known legend among the people below; what myths do they most believe in?

quote:

Cipher, Goddess of Prophecy, Mysteries, Legends, Quests and Heroism

From deep within the twisting corridors of her Labyrinth Unending, Cipher whispers truth into the ears of mortals. She tells them of things long forgotten and of things never known, of lands undiscovered and ancient temples fallen to ruin. And most of all, she tells them of the treasures hidden within.

The Shrouded Lady rules over all things cryptic -- lost continents, fallen empires, dungeons full of monsters and treasure, and the faded maps and confusing hints from crazy old men that lead mortals to seek them out. She hates the cozy, comfortable lives of the uncurious, and prefers to reward those foolhardy enough to journey beyond the safety of the light. Cipher particularly detests those who hold power they do not "deserve," whether because they inherited it or bought it from another, or acquired it legitimately but have come to abuse it. In her eyes, power is to be gained through struggle, used to overcome some dire threat, then sealed away before it can grow into corruption. As such, she is effectively the enemy of any great and long-lasting empire, good or evil; rule over-long and you can expect her to secretly help some poor farmer to rise up out of nowhere and overthrow you.

Cipher's dislike of boring things like industry and safety means she's somewhat unpopular in civilized places (though cities, especially old ones, are just as full of danger and mystery as any jungle-bound temple). Her heroes aren't the leaders of armies or kings in glittering armour, they're unknown schmucks wandering in the wilderness in search of swords nobody else believes in. These pay her homage by their actions, if only rarely through deliberate prayer. However, she does have a devoted following amongst those who make their livings by their luck and their wits, as well as a large network of priestesses and prophets who do her bidding in return for glimpses of the truth.

At her behest -- and usually for no reason they can discern -- her cultists construct enormous temple complexes, burrowing deep into the earth, raising towers into the sky, and covering the land in labyrinths. Into these are placed the precious things that Cipher's followers have acquired, protected by hidden traps, sealed with ancient magic, and guarded by vicious monsters, so that, in ages to come, the goddess may whisper of them once more.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis

Platonis watches the world for some time. This world is good, but with a little tweak here and there it could be better. He notices the artificers of Tik Tok tower. They are doing good work, but they do not get the respect they deserve. That must be fixed, their inventions should spread across the land and encourage others. Good rulers should embrace these new inventions to make their kingdoms more perfect. Also, they should give praise to Platonis for their inspiration, that is only right. A light touch is best. He will tend to this world like a garden. So he must plant seeds. Then he will pull the weeds.

1. Sending the design for a printing press to Tik Tok tower.
2. Sending a vision of Platonis to Tik Tok tower so they will begin worshiping him.
3. Encouraging the King of Beld to honor the craftsmen of Tik Tok and give them greater respect.
4. Inspiring a shipwright in Two-Bit to innovate on ship design so they can sail further and faster, encouraging trade and the spreading of ideas.

As Platonis works his influence on the people of Beld, he senses that his works will give power to a few other gods. If that is true, then it is good and right. There is room for trade, and art, and industry in his new world. Perhaps those Gods will work together with him to create a more perfect creation against less desirable influences.

In particular Gohdog is a welcome addition to this world. A perfect world will have cheer, and peace, and luck, and travel, and prosperity. All those things go hand in hand with the masterwork. One could say they are the Destination, while Platonis is the Holy Journey. And Amrom is like the other side of the same coin. Platonis desires societal perfection, while Amrom looks to individual perfection. He believes that the three Gods can someday form a Triad, a good Pantheon for people to worship together.

quote:

Platonis – God of Invention, Law, Education, and Perfection

Platonis is an arrogant and serious god who spends his time optimizing his many inventions. He takes his duties very seriously and sees the world as yet another creation to be eternally improved. He sympathizes with intelligent species who remake their environment and cares nothing for static nature lovers who have given up the search for perfection for the world as it is. He often becomes frustrated with other Gods who thwart his grand vision, but he is rarely outright aggressive.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Nowhere/Everywhere

”NATURE”

The forests and places untended by the hand of men sang out to Mimsy. Mimsy listened, registering this world. Mimsy paid special attention to these areas, and observed them with those senses reserved for gods.

In the Orc Woods, Mimsy wonders how the Orcs live with regard to the forest.

In the Stolen Lands, Mimsy wonders how they came to be regarded as such.

Just observing, thinking about my first move.

JamezBfod posted:

^^For the record, I’ve had my concept for weeks now. Way to be the other guy!

Mimsy of the Boro-groves, God of Nature, Elves, and Lore

Mimsy is usually a slow, ponderous god. It is hesitant to allow changes to the natural order of the world, and to changes in its knowledge. (Think the Ents, particularly in figuring out Merry and Pippen.)

Revered by the Elves, honored by the rangers and huntsmen of the forest(or not, at their peril), and feared by the the lumberjacks, Mimsy seldom chooses to act directly in the world. Sometimes the influence of the god can be surmised, but when Mimsy acts blatantly and obviously it is out of wrath or dire need. Subtlety be damned, and the loremasters have many a tragic tale of those who have earned the ire of the god of Nature.

The Elves exist at the pleasure of their God, even the sages do not know if they were created by Mimsy or adopted, but they know that it looks after them even as they look after the forests. Somehow plant like in their own nature, the Elves manage to strike a balance between the needs of a mortal race and maintaining the balance of Nature.

Like the rings of a tree, Lore grows steadily and upon that knowledge which has gone before. It is not a crass thing like the books of the scribes and city-folken. Lore is as much about the abstract knowledge as it is about the experience of learning it. As such, it is harder to learn quickly and easily. Indeed, becoming a loremaster is a lifelong endeavor.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 10, 2014

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Gohdog

quote:

Domains - Gluttony, Cheer, Hospitality, Travel, Prosperity, Good Luck, Fertility, Inebriation, and Peace

The great pig warbles a gleeful squeal as he comes into being, and with his snout he began sniffing for the most delicious of morsels- But something else smelled so much worse. Almost bad enough to spoil a good meal!

Gohdog is going to search out for two particular things-

1 - The biggest travel hub in the world, where people may visit often for long periods of time and may already have rules of hospitality.

2 - The biggest destructive warzone in the world, where the people are in desperate straits from the devestation.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, Who Comes In Threes

Banned?
Absurd.
This must be corrected.

Amrom's bodies shake their heads at M.A.G.O.S. "They have banned the teachings that lead to everlasting life. The most important teachings of all. Immediately, we must change this." They reach down into the world and begin to adjust what is happening at the school. Suddenly, the elder magisters begin to offer up problems that require Necromancy to solve; Problems that relate to manipulating life and death themselves. While this is shocking, the students somehow come to have the answers. The desire to push boundaries inherent in all mages, and the desire to surpass death in all mortals, these two desires together will take Necromancy from being a banned subject to being the most important subject. At least, that is the plan.

The three bodies look carefully at the area surrounding what they plan to be their worldly base of operations. They also give a sidelong glance to "Trolls and Elves, cannot ignore both and assume safety of the school. That one smells like an Elf, no wish to compete with it over them. Natural deduction suggests trolls must be included." Again, they reach down into the world, this time waiting until nightfall and implanting a dream.

A rural troll living a hermit-like existence goes to sleep. He is no-one special, and today he herded goats like any other day. But, tonight, he is visited by three shadowy figures. The first commends him for a life of hard work. "All good things come from Industriousness. You are indeed an industrious troll, and you shall be rewarded tonight. Of course, this is on the condition that you continue to work hard." The second figure admonishes the troll. "You will teach the other trolls the incomprehensible truths revealed to you tonight, but they will have trouble understanding. We will give you the knowledge to educate them. We will give you the power to demonstrate for them." The figure touches the troll on the forehead, imparting sorcerous knowledge. Finally, the third figure steps out of the shadows, revealing himself to also appear as a troll, though greater in size and paler in color. "I dub you Azariah, chosen of the true God Amrom. I offer you the gift of eternal life. Share this gift with all who come to you, and your kingdom will have no end."

Actions:
1. Reverse the ban on Necromancy at MAGOS so it becomes the most highly esteemed subject.
2. Proliferate Necromantic knowledge throughout MAGOS to get them off to a running start.
3. Give the troll Azariah great knowledge of sorcery.
4. Make Azariah inspiring, so that he will actually have followers.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Just an FYI, I'll answer many questions to help you make actions. I'll resolve actions when I think everyone has posted what they want to do. Edit all your posts or make another post with all the actoins(that I haven't resolved) when this is done.

Megane: The myth most believed in the world is the one of Orlock the Candlemaker. Orlock was once an apprentice candlemaker who rose to prominence by swearing to kill a monster menacing an ancient kingdom. His misadventures had him trying to slay a windmill, guess the name of a spirit who could turn buttermilk into gold, and other hilarious things. Eventually he became king through no fault of his own due to him actually being a bastard of the previous monarch.

Jamezbfod: In the Orc woods, the orcs live a simple existence. Living in camps with small fires of collected grass, leaves, and twigs for stealth they raid the surrounding communities outside of the forest for the things they need. Food in the forest is plentiful and they forage there and supplement their meager stores with raiding. They don't often kill when they raid, but have been known to carry off a person or two (usually a craftsman of one kind or another)
The stolen lands were taken from the elves in relatively recent times(for elves) by the Confederacy of Merchant Princes in a military action for logging and exploitation of its natural resources. Several tree Ents have been using tiny tribes of orcs and goblins and human druid activists to try and sabotage their efforts. It isn't working because the Confederacy has a large mercenary army with many mages-for-hire on their payroll keeping them at bay.

Commoners: Seaside in the nation of Florn seems to be the busiest port in the world. Its slightly cruder than other more developed towns but hosts a thriving community of people from all walks of life. It is the custom here to taken in penniless strangers for a night, feed and shelter them. The only thing the stranger must do in return is to be a polite guest and tell a tale in payment.
The biggest warzone in the world is on the border between Drune and Bakhan. An ancient hatred exists between the these countries. They used to be unified under a single ruler, upon his death each of his twin sons tried to claim the crown for his own. One was valued for his strength and quick action the other for his knowledge and wise deliberations. As what all too often happens the land split. Brother against brother and then their descendants following suit as well. Citizens of Drune favor strength and are often seen to make brash decisions, but are quick to respond to crises. Citizens of Bakhan are seen as smart and often make the best choices, but only after they have weighed all their options.

Miltonslavemasta: I'm guessing your prophet is going to try and influence the whole area? That will cost about 3-5 large cities... If its just fluff or trying to get the word out about you that's cool too. It won't cost a mint then.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when

I am Communist posted:

Miltonslavemasta: I'm guessing your prophet is going to try and influence the whole area? That will cost about 3-5 large cities... If its just fluff or trying to get the word out about you that's cool too. It won't cost a mint then.

Nah, the prophet isn't trying to influence the whole troll area yet. That will come later, and this part will just be a fluff thing.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Gohdog

Gohdog squealed with delight at the city which already housed hospitality, even in his absence. With a great snort and a wiggle of his buttock, the great pig bestowed a blessing of divinity into the city of Seaside.

A low thrum shook the ground of the main street, before growing in intensity. The sound of a rooting pig, snorting and sniffing, before another earth-shaking squeal. The fountains ran with expertly crafted beer and the bushels in the granary burst from the roof as they multiplied. The most generous man, a man impoverished into the rags of a beggar because of his giving spirit, felt his heart swell. His lungs burst with divine realization as his starved and beaten body became powerful-

His voice boomed, "GOHDOG GIVES TO THOSE WHO GIVE, AND TO SEASIDE WHO GIVES SO MUCH MAY THE CORNUCOPIA OF BLESSINGS FLOW!" The man did not know how he knew what to say, but a pleased snorting oinked into his ear. Upon his back was the fattest pig he had ever witnessed, what could be thousands of pounds easily, but what weighed as little as a feather.

Spending 1 power to manifest in Seaside as a great pig. I am granting The Most Generous Man 1 power and 1 influence. I am then going to spend small city influence to give them a great boon of food and alcohol, and tell them, "Good job for being good people!"

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Ok, it seems everyone posted but Mr. Fowl. If he doesn't post by this evening he misses out on the update. I wanted to give everyone a chance to get used to how this stuff is working.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter

He shivers.

He stirs.

He wakes.

Lips dry, he tests his tongue. "A...whisper?" He listens.

Far, far below, he hears them. A treacherous susurrus amidst marble and mildewed parchment. They know not what they say. They do not grasp the danger. They must know. They must. He will save them from their sagacity.

From between his fingers, he whispers, and below, his words find a home in a suitable mind, like a hermit crab in a seashell.

"Remember the old ways. They lie to you. They make you as kine; their words are chains and their actions will surely bring damnation. Revere the old ways."

His work done, his attention is now needed elsewhere. Cautiously, he releases his left hand from his ear.

Whispering into some fertile ears down around the university in Kesk to spread some anti-intellectual sentiment.

If possible, I would also like to cautiously uncover one of my ears to listen to what's going on in the Darklord's Domain. Ignatz would love to do some good and a a Darklord is probably working some blasphemies that are best left forgotten.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 26, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Nowhere/Everywhere

”Elves”

Though they might not be what were expected, much like the tolerably benign forest orcs, Mimsy reached out to observe the elves of the world and pondered.

Where is their Capital/Primary Location?(Note I understand the main area/Enclave is East of the Merchant Empire)

What is their social Structure?

How are they holding up after having their land stolen?

Are there any Elven populations outside the Enclave?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Ok just a mini-progress thing. I'm working a way into the map post to keep track of the happenings in the lands and towns in the first posts. I'm slowly but surely banging it out. If anyone is directly opposing anyone else make sure that both parties send me bids of their power points in an updated PM with all other unresolved acts.

I saw a question asked in IRC so I'll answer it here. There will be no gangbangs or dogpiling all at once in combat. Ever. Its been clearly stated already. But in case anyone missed it. NO.

If people want to stand in line to try and stop a mad god from doing an influence action. They can. There will be no pooling of points. If you want to mitigate some of what another god does after the fact, remember you can by doing your own action. For Example: You will never completely erase a curse from the vampire village(unless you use attack and erase them from existence) with influence but may confine the problem to a certain bloodline, passing it through virgins, or some other thing.
If you want to make a problem as manageable as possible. Have another god do something to help clean it (mostly) up. Make vampires sparkle, whatev.

Working together is like bringing together different craftsman and workers to build a house. One guy works on plumbing and another electric and so on. The plumber holding his hand over the electrician's hand and they both screwing a light fixture in together won't work. If you want to make something great and work with others you definitely can.

To help you make your action Jamezbfod: The capital of the elves is the large castle sitting in the Elven Lands. The elves primarily exist in their nation's confines but go to many other wooded areas of the world. Many have spread to the many nations and cities when it became clear the Elves' would not retake their lands and the world.

Elves are longed lived and value the wisdom and knowledge of the oldest of them. They are not truely considered adults until about 50 years of age and even then considered to be children in the eyes of most. They are ruled by a Monarch who delegates the running of the realm to a council of the eldest and not often eldest but most gifted/wisest among the realm. Their buildings are made from living trees, earth and stone. The houses grow like thick trunked trees, with rooms forming sometimes years before the household are even contemplating children.

While some of the natural environment is used or destroyed by the elves it pales in comparison to the rest of the races on the planet. Elves also replace or make amends to the environment whenever possible. Magic and lore are used for such things.

The elven nation has not held up well after the last of their homeland had been stolen by the aggressive and highly industrial Confederacy of Merchant Princes. The princes used hired War-mages and Warlocks along with bribing several nations to have them send their best troops to fight on their behalf. The elves were generally winning with guerrilla tactics and their advanced magecraft but the Confederacy's greed and pockets were almost without limit. Attrition and the destruction of the forest they were trying to save made the elves sue for peace.

Over the bargaining table the elves were forced to sell off the majority of their land for a pittance. This satisfied other nations who took issue at the aggression that a "fair deal" had taken place. The elves referred to these lands as "the stolen lands" and the name has stuck ever since.

There are small elven populations in many of the wooded areas around the world. Remnants from back when the Elves had a sizeable empire spanning the globe.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - FairDeal

“Roo Ra Hoom”

Full of ponderous thought, Mimsy began bringing power to bear within the city known as “Fair Deal.” They had taken much from the forest, much from the Elves. Their unnatural dwellings were full of the corpses of the copses, they used their stolen artifacts of the realm arboreal as tools, their world filled with stolen sylvan bounty.

“Live again, fallen ones. Rise, sprout, and take root. Raze this abomination of man’s dark design and plant yourselves in its place.” All over the city, from the beams and columns of the building walls, to the wagons, the merchant stalls, down to the tools large and small all the dead wood began to sprout and move about. Branches and roots and shoots and leaves sprang forth as the works of men pulled themselves apart and planted themselves, breaking up the roads and paths. Stone was broken asunder, and the trees began to restore their bark. After Mimsy committed the last of its power to the effort, the Nature god’s awareness watched for the reaction of the Merchant Princes.

I’m smiting Fairdeal in such a way as it creates a forest in its place. A Smote Forest if you will. All casualties are acceptable. I’m going to keep a close eye on the reaction of the Merchant Princes.

Herp Derp I tried to use influence to attack apparently.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 14, 2014

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis

Ah Mimsy! You know I have nothing but respect for Lore, and nothing would be possible without the foundation of Nature. I admit that the Traders are less than perfect. They should be educated on how to work peacefully with their elven neighbors. What you're trying to do there seems a bit... violent. I'm afraid if you do not relent on this surprisingly rash action I'll have to try and protect these people as much as I can.

Spending Power to block Mimsy's city destruction unless it's withdrawn.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy

"You would defend these bullies and thieves?"

In the realm ethereal a response was given.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis

I simply wish us to guide these poor, wretched, less enlightened individuals. They should have a proper respect for nature, but they cannot have that if they are all dead. If you were to make the punishment less severe, tell them why they were punished, and how they can avoid it in the future, then I will support it completely. We should show this world a better way, not rip it asunder with our anger!

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Gohdog

The Great Pig squeals with fear, distraught over the conflict in a far-away land. With a rumbling of his gut he begins lifting from the ground, his porcine feet hooked around his prophet like a backpack. With the singing of angels surrounding him in a halo of light, he begins fading. The Most Generous Man booms, "SEASIDE, CELEBRATE! THE GREAT PIG LOVES YOU!"

-

Gohdog quite suddenly manifests in FairDeal, his prophet still slung underneath the pig-backpack. The pig squeals and snorts in the man's ear, conspiring to his minion with the noisiest of grunts and sloppy pig-smacks.

His voice booms, pleading to the gods, "PLEASE, MY LORDS ABOVE! HOLD OPEN PALMS WITH WHICH TO GIVE, NOT TO STRIKE! A HAND HELD RIGID IS-" The prophet pauses, listening as the pig continues to snort, he picks back up in his speech, "IS ONE THAT CANNOT SUP FROM THE CLEAR STREAM! BLOWS STRUCK ONLY MUDDY THE WATERS, MAKING IT UNPLEASANT FOR ALL TO DRINK!"

The pig's legs kick about, as if attempting to swim, as the pair slowly descend back to earth, the angelic halo surrounding them dispersing as they approach. The Most Generous Man drops to his knees, weeping for the harm done to others. Gohdog, however, leaves his prophet behind, his fat waddling becoming a full on stride as he charges into the growth, his tongue lashing out to pull the foliage into his mouth at an extraordinary rate.

Gohdog clearly tries to outeat the blooming of nature to save the city, the feed being processed instantly into puffs of instantly-growing flower seeds that bloom into wild and pleasant colors wherever they land.

Using another power to manifest in the ACTION ZONE of FairDeal to plead with the other gods, and I'm taking my minion with me. Doing a power bid to prevent/pervert the influence use.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 14, 2014

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Cipher

As tensions rose in the heavens, Cipher pondered about the meaning of divinity. "Is it our nature to fight amongst ourselves? Or is conflict a step on the path to somewhere else?" The leylines beneath Fairdeal twisted as gods vied for control. Perhaps someone ought to ensure that the world continued on, despite the gods' plans for it?

Cipher reaches down into the fabric of the world below, and stirs at the elemental forces that bind it together, pulling out little sparks of fire and ice and whispering life into them. The sound of her voice wakened tiny stones and clouds from their slumber, and they opened eyes to look at the world.

"Eye and key, song and tree,
the empty book and the corpses three,
now the tide shall be the guide
to the fisher and his bride."

I'm going to try to create a race of elemental spirits. They're bound to (and vaguely made out of) the elemental energies of wherever they're from, and tend to congregate in places where those energies are strongest: glaciers, mountaintops, deep forests, etc. Mostly they're secretive and hide from the other races, and I'm telling them (in a cryptic way) that their job is to maintain and protect the leylines of the world. However, they've got free will so they can do as they please. Hopefully they'll further Cipher's goals by becoming the subject of myths for other races, writing lots of myths of their own, and build plenty of interesting temples and such out in the middle of nowhere.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Ok there seems to be some confusion here!

State if you're attacking/destroying a town(ATTACK). Or making the town unlivable(INFLUENCE) in OOC.

To destroy a town without killing more than a tiny token dunk guy while the rest of the people escape, That's ATTACK. You use your ATTACK stat. Not influence. The theme of the destruction DOESN'T MATTER.

If you want to kill the people of the town and leave real estate alone: That's ATTACK. You use your ATTACK stat. Not influence. The theme of the destruction DOESN'T MATTER.

Attacks by gods onto mortal targets/the mortal world aren't blocked by anything. The game is designed specifically this way.

If you want to for example say, make a place unlivable or something like growing a forest in town around the buildings and leave the town intact, that's INFLUENCE. The town isn't destroyed and there is a possibility to have this act fixed through other actions or blocked with the POWER stat.

Manifesting: It costs one Power stat point to manifest somewhere. You are manifesting in one place at a time. Teleporting around (on the world) is going to cost you. Appearing before mortals and the mortal world is going to cost you. There's not two of you or ten of you. Just one.
Talking to people directly is going to gently caress them up. You're a god. Get used to it. They're going to become assholes, they're going to have personality shifts, some will become tyrants or saints, others will kill themselves from benefiting from the perfection that is your presence and words.
If you want to make all this horribleness not happen, talk to them in dreams, through prophets or prophecy, messages carved into stone, have them talk to a burning bush.

:siren:Also like I've asked before. If I haven't resolved anything in the game for a cycle of actions: When you send me a PM I don't want a tiny increment on top of the other 5 messages you've sent me. (questions are OK!) I want everything that I haven't resolved in a single coherent PM. That way my PM box doesn't get full. I can then delete the older outdated messages and have a neat 8 messages. (one for each player) I've emptied my inbox (because of fullness) but I have no idea how many things I've missed and points were spent while it was full.
I want ONE PM post for point expenditures and what for. No need to change thread posts.

:siren: If I find people aren't listening and I have to open 10 mails, I'm going to eat all your points and solve the last and latest thing.

If someone is blocking you doing something, I need your power bids too.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Edited Action to better follow the kind that it is: Influence.

Mimsy - FairDeal

“Roo Ra Hoom”

Full of ponderous thought, Mimsy began bringing power to bear within the city known as “Fair Deal.” They had taken much from the forest, much from the Elves. Their unnatural dwellings were full of the corpses of the copses, they used their stolen artifacts of the realm arboreal as tools, their world filled with stolen sylvan bounty.

“Live again, fallen ones. Rise, sprout, and take root. Raze this abomination of man’s dark design and plant yourselves in its place.” All over the city, the dead wood sprang to new life, laying down roots and branches and leaves. Large columns and beams became tall trees, the smaller pieces of wood turned to shrubbery, ferns, and vines. Formerly docile domesticated animals turned feral and wild, and everywhere within the new forest became wild and untamed.

I’m influencing Fairdeal in such a way as it creates a forest in its place. A Smote Forest if you will.. I’m going to keep a close eye on the reaction of the Merchant Princes.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Maen - Kesk, University of Omette
PRO ART CLICK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDRFDdhdxvI

Six artists came. The musician was eyeless, the painter was deaf, the dancer was mute, the singer was crippled, the sculptor could feel no love but through his work, and the storyteller was gripped by madness his stories both inspiring awe and terror.

Some of the six had lost lovers, some had lost children, fortune and comfort. They came from unimportant little villages of mud and obscurity. They would have fallen into the pit of mediocrity and broken dreams if not for the call of the goddess. The touch of true love and inspiration.

The university was one of knowledge, law, and order. It appreciated art but didn't truly SEE. A revolution against the stagnant faculty would be needed. Old instructors cast out for the new and younger generation. No one would be killed of course, but if violence were necessary for change and for art to flourish it would be applied.

Within weeks, the changes to the institution would make waves not only in Kesk, but the entire world.

Ok art is the rule of the day in Omette. Professions other than art have not been stamped out completely but basically if you want to be a mage or scientist or lawyer/doctor it will take a long time as teaching such things is now out of favor.

Ignatz - Kesk, University of Omette

In the aftermath of the artistic explosion which set back more advanced and literate forms of study, Ignatz struck again. Lesser Professors with mis-knowledge that were once kept in check by more learned professors swept aside by Maen were granted a new terrible academic validity by Ignatz amongst the ravenous masses left out in the cold by the revolution. 2+2=0, Wounds should be bled by leeches and then left open to heal and other ignorant acts became common knowledge. Degrees from Omette were now no better than arse-wiping paper.

pre:
Art	        has been	Advanced
Chaos	        has been	Advanced
Cheer	        has been	Advanced
Destruction	has been	Setback
Education	has been	Setback
Elves	        has been	Unaffected
Fertility	has been	Unaffected
Fire	        has been	Unaffected
Gluttony	has been	Unaffected
Good Luck	has been	Unaffected
Hatred	        has been	Setback
Hospitality	has been	Advanced
Ignorance	has been	Advanced
Industry	has been	Unaffected
Inebriation	has been	Advanced
Invention	has been	Unaffected
Law	        has been	Setback
Legends	        has been	Advanced
Lies	        has been	Unaffected
Lore	        has been	Advanced
Love	        has been	Advanced
Madness	        has been	Unaffected
Moon	        has been	Unaffected
Mysteries	has been	Unaffected
Nature	        has been	Unaffected
Peace	        has been	Setback
Perfection	has been	Advanced
Prophecy	has been	Unaffected
Prosperity	has been	Unaffected
Quests	        has been	Unaffected
Revenge	        has been	Unaffected
Sorcery	        has been	Setback
Terror	        has been	Advanced
Travel	        has been	Unaffected
Undeath	        has been	Unaffected
Meroth - East Norn, The Seer
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19G0I7xHQBM

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The Oracle screamed. Blood ran red from the fountains and black tendrils grew from the walls of the temple. Shadows darkened and the acolytes screamed and ran as a minor earthquake stuck the temple of The Seer. A horde of dark clouds blocked out the sun as the Oracle chanted in tongues, only the most senior and hard-nosed scribes daring to take down the words.

Meroth, Lord of Terror, Viper of Vengance, King of hatred, and Emperor of Destruction had spoken!

The message was received! From the Seer at the Oracle in East Norn, hundreds of riders spread out to get out the message of the god of terror. Within a year, word of his return to the world will be everywhere.

pre:
Art	        has been	Unaffected
Cheer	        has been	Setback
Destruction	has been	Unaffected
Education	has been	Unaffected
Hatred	        has been	Unaffected
Hospitality	has been	Unaffected
Ignorance	has been	Unaffected
Law	        has been	Setback
Love	        has been	Unaffected
Madness	        has been	Advanced
Mysteries	has been	Setback
Perfection	has been	Unaffected
Prophecy	has been	Advanced
Sorcery	        has been	Unaffected
Platonis - Beld, Tik Tok Tower
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQIKnrZVTM

The king awoke from a marvelous dream. One in which a god came to him and told him to take a greater interest in the inventors of tik tok tower. Now, any inventions that fail or displease him see the apostate inventors landed in prison. Good inventors who meet with success are rewarded, failures are punished or banished. While this may seem a harsh thing.

It actually worked to make inventors try really hard in the kingdom.

Those banished soon bore a grudge against their more astute rivals and launched even more outlandish and amazing inventions!

Tik Tok tower within a week had built a functional printing press. The first of its kind in the world unaided by magical means. It was a wonder and marvel of technology. Paper would be needed from trees and other sources. The land however was plentiful! Soon orders went out to woodsman and logging companies for more wood to create paper. The press would soon be able to spread knowledge and news anywhere! Unfortunately, copying scribes found themselves out of jobs, mage grimores and spellbooks soon had spells copied and for sale to anyone with coin. Dangerous knowledge would soon be in the hands of novices. Dwarven and elvish news sources got hold of the designs and the first false gossip papers were posted. These happened to be more popular than the regular news. A fine mess and harder to dispel than rumors alone, many public figures had to crack down on personal freedoms or free speech.

The king of Beld punishes or banishes terrible inventions/inventors. Good inventors are rewarded. Banished inventors in other lands work as hard or harder than Beld inventors in rivalry.

Platonis - Beld, Two-Bit
MUSIC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0zm1Blykn8

A ship designer by the name of James Applehead came upon an idea. A vessel with multiple masts and a wavebreak in front of the ship. A new sleeker design would cut off the journey to other cities and continents by months! Now if only he could find someone to believe him! After going from shipbuilder to shipbuilder he finally found someone to take on his designs. A peg-legged builder with an eyepatch. He called himself "Bloody-Dan". Applehead found the man to be most agreeable to his designs and even bought him several drinks. Such a nice man that Bloody-dan he thought.

It wasn't until morning that the constables found the body, the designs and drawings missing.

The designs will proliferate around the world. Pirates got them first, but the shipwrights that James showed the plans to will remember details and YES eventually everyone will be using them.

pre:
Chaos	        has been	Unaffected
Cheer	        has been	Unaffected
Education	has been	Advanced
Hatred	        has been	Advanced
Ignorance	has been	Setback
Industry	has been	Advanced
Inebriation	has been	Unaffected
Invention	has been	Advanced
Law	        has been	Advanced
Legends	        has been	Unaffected
Lies	        has been	Advanced
Love	        has been	Setback
Nature	        has been	Setback
Peace	        has been	Unaffected
Prosperity	has been	Advanced
Revenge	        has been	Advanced
Sorcery	        has been	Advanced
Terror	        has been	Unaffected
Travel	        has been	Advanced
Amrom - Elven Retreat, M.A.G.O.S

Among those who studied at M.A.G.O.S, there were elves and men and beings of many races. Amrom soon infested the thoughts of the grand council of wizards and mages and turned them to those of necromancy. It was a shift that soon caused a schism within the school. Half of the school supported the old Grand Master Tel-ah of the Elves while the rest supported Under-master Drake of the Gnomes. Sorcery and necromancy was taught to all who would come to learn. Some with talent and others...well they would become the experiments yes?

There wasn't outright warfare between the wizards for they all had sworn oaths against such things, but there was a race for knowledge on both sides, both trying to get an edge for when the inevitable would happen.

Amrom - The Troll Father's realm

Azariah awoke with terrible new knowledge. He knew he would need to do one thing to appease his god. He needed to slay the Troll Father. First he would travel the land and gather those to his side that he could impress with his powers. Next he would need to go to the boneyards where all trolls went to die. There he would raise an army. An army of the dead. Only his god could empower him to do it, if he willed it. Azariah began his journey and would call upon his god as the time came.

He thinks he needs to kill the Troll Father to cement your power in this world. The Troll Father is a semi-immortal being that it would take a literal army to kill. Azeriah thinks the Troll Father will not go with your plans for the trolls. He will walk the lands and gather followers but they won't be warriors unless you call them up with influence.

pre:
Destruction	has been	Advanced
Education	has been	Advanced
Elves	        has been	Advanced
Hatred	        has been	Advanced
Ignorance	has been	Setback
Invention	has been	Advanced
Love	        has been	Setback
Quests	        has been	Advanced
Sorcery	        has been	Advanced
Undeath	        has been	Advanced
Gohdog - Florn,Seaside
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEV4GnnzE7Y

The Most Generous Man suddenly turned around and his skin had turned into gold. Where he walked he spoke with a silver tongue as the fountains burst with brew and the granaries filled to overflowing bounties. All soon gained the blessing of Gohdog in a citywide celebration. A feast of bounty and drink, men and women soon paired off for a blessing of another kind. However some people took this blessing to mean they should no longer work and abandoned their professions for lives of parties and laziness. While many shook their heads at the layabouts and refused to join the jobless, no one raised a hand. For the Gohdog's blessings were nothing to be sneezed at.

You make a priest/prophet in The Most Generous man. The blessing is received by all. Many people interpret your message differently. Your appearance at least wasn't seen by any but your prophet, and its your good luck that it was.

pre:
Art	        has been	Advanced
Cheer	        has been	Advanced
Destruction	has been	Setback
Fertility	has been	Advanced
Gluttony	has been	Advanced
Good Luck	has been	Advanced
Hatred	        has been	Setback
Ignorance	has been	Advanced
Industry	has been	Setback
Law	        has been	Unaffected
Lore	        has been	Unaffected
Love	        has been	Advanced
Madness	        has been	Advanced
Mysteries	has been	Unaffected
Peace	        has been	Advanced
Prosperity	has been	Advanced
Revenge	        has been	Setback
Terror	        has been	Setback
Mimsy, Platonis, and Gohdog - The Confederacy of Merchant Princes, Fairdeal

Platonis begins to try and stop Mimsy from working his will upon FairDeal but cannot match the raw strength and power of the might that is Mimsy. It almost seemed as if nature would have its way when suddenly from out of nowhere the Gohdog budah-pig of peace locked his own inescapable power upon this place.

The planet screamed and all gods could hear it. Then it happened.

The city became alive. The people fled to the west. Vines and trees burst from the houses and homes, the streets carpeted in flowers and grass. The city became an elf's dream. A living city that could be communed with. Peace reigned in the former polluted streets. Flowers and gentle leaves caressed the skin, hard bark and branches sprouted from the homes. Not a single man was harmed in its making, but the town was now unlivable to men who weren't elves or druids.

Something amazing happened. I'm going to PM you both something as well.

pre:
Destruction	has been	Advanced
Fertility	has been	Advanced
Industry	has been	Setback
Lore	        has been	Unaffected
Mysteries	has been	Advanced
Nature	        has been	Advanced
Peace	        has been	Advanced
Travel	        has been	Setback
Cipher - Worldwide

A small, tiny population about the size of a tiny village cropped up. They were magical and supernatural. They hid in mystery from the rest of the world in solitude. Many types of many elements and kinds were they, subject to the myth and mystery of the lands they walked. Sightings were rare but hunters and sightseers alike had their imaginations set aflame.

No ruins or mazes yet. Their aren't many of them at all considering. The elementals roamed as they would and protected the secrets of the leylines.

pre:
Law	        has been	Unaffected
Mysteries	has been	Advanced
Peace	        has been	Unaffected
Travel	        has been	Advanced
:smugwizard: Ok, Commoners and Jamezbfod. I will PM you shortly. Everyone else please subtract points normally. If I PMed you with a special instruction take it.

:siren: The year is not yet over. Spend what you want or keep the points. Make a post letting me know either way in ooc text if you aren't!

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Platonis surveyed his world. Things may not have gone exactly as he planned, but all in all they went pretty well. If anything he had underestimated the mortal's ingenuity. The printing press was an immediate hit, when he had not expected them to instnatly see the value. And pirates would force the world to adapt at great speed. Some disturbing things were happening at the university, but he would deal with that later. Yes, all was going well, and he felt no need to exert his power again this year.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Cipher

Where the shouts of merchants and the murmur of crowds had echoed not long ago, now there was only birdsong and the whisper of the wind. The streets of what had been Fairdeal were now choked with vines and moss, the square human buildings pulled upwards into spiralling towers amidst trees that seemed as ancient as the world. By the will of Mimsy, the elves' city had been restored to them... but it was changed, warped by the hands of the gods themselves. Could this place really be their home again?

Cipher stood in the central courtyard of the town, previously a bustling forum, and knew the city for it now was: the property of the gods themselves.

The elves and their druids would eventually return to claim what passed for dominion over these lands, but this place was touched by divinity, now and forever. They might even attain some sliver of insight here, but the ways of the gods would remain forever a mystery to them.

They thought themselves clever, thought to throw light upon the workings of the world. She would show them just how far out the darkness went.

Manifesting right in the middle of what used to be Fairdeal, and revealing myself, in full divine power, to the first people to return (who I assume will be elves, and probably druids). I'll stay there for a few months, speaking prophecies and legends. Primarily I'll be telling them about the gods, the divine miracles worked this year, and all the strange and terrible things that they try not to believe in. Myths and legends are what I'm going for; I'm not decrying anybody, just making people understand how mysterious the world can be.

To help them remember this little visit, I'll create in the middle of town a big shrine to myself, primarily featuring a huge and complex inscription that no one can yet understand.

Essentially, this city is the most mysterious and legendary place on the planet right now, since the gods literally reached down and smote it out of nowhere, so I'm playing that up.

vvv That's fine, I'm patient. I'll set up the shrine and then hang around the area so I can talk to whomever shows up. I'll edit my post a little so as to not, you know, break causality. :lost:

megane fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Mar 17, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

megane posted:

Cipher

to the first people to return (who I assume will be elves, and probably druids).
Just for clarity: No one for the foreseeable future is coming. Unless you or someone else pays for people to come back. You can still do your action though.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Maen

For soem passages of the moon, Maen watched the ones she had inspired. With utmost fascination she listened, she watched, she admired. The original six were but a spark, and soon they set the university aflame. Forgotten were dry treatises on anatomy and dry expositions on law and order. They aided survival, but they did not aid LIFE, vibrant, if sometimes short. The old order crashing down was a work of art in itself to the eyes of the moon goddess. Other matters in the world were ignored in favour of losing herself in paintings, poetry and sculpture, dance, song and play.

Yet it couldn't last. Eventually, the new order was established. Art was still produced, but there is but so long Maen's eye could rest on one place. There was no gradual loss of interest. One night, as the moon rose, she simply drew her eye away from them. The six people she had raised up had already been forgotten earlier, in favour of other, newer art works. Yet now, the artwork that was the world drew her attention.

Her delighted laughter could be heard through the night. "So sweet, the sudden changes, the fall of ancient order, the breaking of old taboos, the freedom of the open seas. Beautiful chimes of discord fill the heavens." She danced among the stars for a while, a laugh carefree and mad on her lips.

And then she stopped in the middle of a step, looking down once more, seeing what Meroth had wrought. "Hah, such passions you inspire, brother. I look forward to the frightful and mad songs that will be sung of you. But I wish more, more songs to be sung. Other songs." And so she gazed at the cities. There were she was most needed, there where she was least wanted. She sought a place of cold hearts. A place that would dare to mock and belittle love, where marriage was little more than a cold, calculated orderly decision, preferably guided by ancient, perhaps even sacred traditions.

And once she'd have found it, she'd chuckle to herself... and then do nothing.

Give me some information of a place that either doesn't contain much romantic love, or suppresses it heavily. Otherwise, do nothing for the turn.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
(Shogeton) Maen: In no other place could it be said that love could find no purchase or love but in the lands of Baron Kar Nor. In the cityfast of Karnn the lord of that land which once was connected to Beld in more than history slept through the day. At night would the cruel pleasures of the MASTER be inflicted upon the people. For to love is to bring the attention of the afflicted beast! Its identity unknown but its victims slaughtered. The laws were made to protect the people or so said the lord. For even under such laws where the forbidden act of young love was to happen, it too would end in tragedy. Therefore only those that hated one another were given unto marriage, fathers beat children and mothers provided no succor to the whelps at their breast. A miserable place. All for the Sin of the one who rules it. Who cast out his lady love into the wilderness for the love of a mistress.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - FairDeal

Mimsy hovered over the new forest, chastised and chagrined. The other gods had interfered with the vengeance the Nature god had sought on the town, though the sight of the new forest filled Mimsy with joy. There would be meddling in turn for the interlopers, but first:

Elven Refuge

The Elven Leadership began having recurring dreams of talking trees, telling them the name of the God of Nature, of Elves, and of the sacred Lore. Respect for Nature was to be rewarded, so their stewardship made them the worthiest of races in the eyes of Mimsy.

Influence to make the Elven Leadership aware that I exist

Tik-Tok Tower

The setbacks from the Merchant Princes’ troubles reached far and wide. The prices of raw materials grew higher, and the...designers of things at the Tik-Tok Tower worried about how to procure goods.

Then the wood in the fires screamed, all at once. The minds of the peoples there turned to ways to make the most of the resources they had.

Influence to inspire some concepts of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waste_hierarchy , basically recycling and sustainable use of renewable resources. Something of a boon that still serves my ends.

Seaside

Those with the Pig on their backs soon found the plants they tended to provided more bounty than they expected, so long as they did not bring harm to the forests or Elves.

Influence to drop a boon on Gohdog’s followers, so long as they don’t screw with my domains.

I'm set for the year after this, so long as I don't have to intercede anywhere.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter

From his cold corner of the heavens, Ignatz looks down upon Kesk and the great works that have been done there, opening one rheumy eye a sliver to let in the light. He gasps. He shivers. His heart thumps. And from between his gnarled fingers, he lets a whisper pass, loud enough so that Blessed Maen may hear. A single word, but the words of God are often brief, yet weighty. "Beautiful," he speaks in a low hushed voice, as if driven to tears by what he has seen his divine sister create. Together, their actions created a community, guarded against the hubris of lettered men, inspired by simpler beauty. They would grow as they should. Safe.

And yet, even with his ears covered, he could still hear the cries. He whimpered, holding himself tighter. The terror, they must be feeling, the death and destruction, it was too much. And yet...he must, for he is a god. Their god. A god to all peoples and none. He allows his hand to slip, so that he may hear their suffering more clearly. A clash of divines; the first of its kind since he had gained the courage to open his eyes. The mortals suffered, as they must in such matters. His eye open a sliver, he sees them. Terrified, angry, hopeless, weeping. No other god will aid them. No god but He.

With a breath, he takes away their suffering, and they become innocent once more. Perfect beings. He exhales a new Truth, a kinder Truth, a better Truth into them. There was never a Fairdeal, my children. You never rose to such heights--nor did you fall with no one to catch you. You have always been as you are, people of the wood, living from season to season. Endure, my children, Endure.

Hacking coughs begin to rack Ignatz's frail form. After an interminable age, he coughs up a single pearl, all that remains of what the People of Fairdeal once were. He weeps a single tear, and the god prays that one of his brothers or sisters would care for the lost children of Fairdeal.

Pending this action, the Merchant Princes and the People of Fairdeal will be no more--and as far as they're concerned they never were. I am taking their memories and replacing them with new ones. They will believe henceforth that they have always lived as people of the wood. It is my hope that someone nearby will adopt them.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 26, 2014

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Maen

From above, the lunargent one watched as the barony languished. It had been love that had damned the place to lovelessness. But was it not always this way? Love is blind, sometimes self-destructive. But all the more beautiful for it. The flame lives on the candle, but destroys it all the same. Briefly, she considered simply letting things be as they were. A whole nation's love sacrificed so that the mistress, the baron and the beast could continue their bittersweet tragedy.

But no, things should not remain stable. No play should last forever, lest it become tedious. The passions that enflamed the three should be allowed to reach their climax. Some would likely be consumed by them. Perhaps the nation would be as a whole. To be honest, the common population was already forgotten by the goddess' whimsical minds. Only three were in her silver eyes now. The Beast, the Baron, the Mistress. She looked in their hearts for the traces of love.

Who did the Baron truly love? Did he contain a trace of affection for the wife he'd cast out? Had he ever? Did his heart truly burn with passion for his mistress, or was it just base, vulgar banal lust that drove him? Harming that most sacred of drives for superficial self indulgence of flesh and fluids?

And the Beast? Had all love in her turned to hatred? Did she hate the Mistress perhaps more than her former husband? Did she hope to reclaim him, one way or the other, perhaps love twisted in a new and possessive form? Did she weep under the moonlight?

And then there was the mistress? Was she simply an object of desire, without any emotional bonds herself? Was she a master manipulator, steering the baron's love or lust her way for the sake of power and luxury? Or was she perhaps enkindled by true love, being prepared to drat everyone for the object of her affection.

These questions now took Maen's attention fully, and the rest of the world could burn as far as she cared as she sought answers.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Mr. Fowl posted:

Ignatz the Douter

Pending this action, the Merchant Princes and the People of Fairdeal will be no more--and as far as they're concerned they never were. I am taking their memories and replacing them with new ones. They will believe henceforth that they have always lived as people of the wood. It is my hope that someone nearby will adopt them.

:smugwizard: Um, what exactly do you mean. If you're talking about dismantling the entire system of government of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes you're asking for a tall order. If you're talking about just the leading council of princes that's more doable. But you're not dismantling the system without a major point investment. You'd have to affect every city and town at least to a middle management level. Mayors are usually merchants, local lawmakers are usually merchants, governors or anyone in any position of authority are merchants. All vying to one day elevate their families to the ruling council.

Its a simple act but you'd need a wide net to affect the area. If you've got the points then cool.

If you're talking about the people in charge of Fairdeal along with the population of Fairdeal that's alot easier.(and less costly!)

:smugwizard: Shogeton: If you're asking me questions for future reference I'm going to need italicized OOC text. I'll answer for now but I don't want to miss anything if that makes sense?

Maen: Its easy for Maen to find out that the Baron truely loves his Mistress and has fallen out of love with his wife. The causes were many and not petty. The biggest was that she was unable to bear him a male heir, but also that she was a ball-busting harpy and had dalliances with other men and was not discrete about them.
Baron Kar Nor: had a small trace of affection for his ex-wife but that soon turned to cruelty as the striga-like woman taught him to hate her. The Baron loves his mistress but knows if he marries her the striga will come for her like she has other loving couples.
The beast is also a creature of hatred now, a curse born of her passions and desires to keep her husband. The Baron too had affairs and it was discovering this that precipitated the argument that saw her cast from the manor and into the wilderness. She may still have faint feelings of love for the Baron but vengeance is the biggest motivator in her heart.
The mistress was possibly the most innocent of all of this. Unable to turn the attentions of the Baron, the young farm girl found that she could live a life of luxury and have no wants. She did not love the baron at first, but she too grew to love him over time. A dark secret, it was when the baron cast out his old wife that she could come into the light and bask in love with her soulmate. Unfortunately the baron has now kept her in a tower, unassailable by almost anyone. The baron secretly gazes upon her in wistful thinking in her sleep through a peephole. He dare not express love of her for fear the beast will come for her.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I am Communist posted:

:smugwizard: Um, what exactly do you mean. If you're talking about dismantling the entire system of government of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes you're asking for a tall order. If you're talking about just the leading council of princes that's more doable. But you're not dismantling the system without a major point investment. You'd have to affect every city and town at least to a middle management level. Mayors are usually merchants, local lawmakers are usually merchants, governors or anyone in any position of authority are merchants. All vying to one day elevate their families to the ruling council.

Its a simple act but you'd need a wide net to affect the area. If you've got the points then cool.

If you're talking about the people in charge of Fairdeal along with the population of Fairdeal that's alot easier.(and less costly!)

Just mistaken about scale. Only the displaced people of Fairdeal, thank you.

• Locked thread