Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

DrPain posted:

This sounds like a neat idea, but as someone already said, my :corsair: mechanics would be paranoid as gently caress. They're already kind of sketchy with me taking so many pictures. The running joke is "We need evidence Mark does work around here on occasion, huh?". Even if I had Newguy wearing a gopro for his jobs, the raw footage would be neigh un-watchable, and I don't have the time/talent to cut and edit video.

There's a poster in Cycle Asylum who is riding from Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego, and she has one of these on her helmet: https://vio-pov.com/pov-hd

The neat thing is, it comes with a little remote control that saves the last thirty seconds of video. It could be interesting to put it on Newguy's hat and tell him that, whenever he does something interesting / significant, he should hit the button to save some video.

(Then again, it's pretty expensive for some neato factor).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

DrPain posted:

We've been incredibly busy during the forum downtime, and of course with two big jobs in the shop all hell has broken loose with a flurry of smaller jobs. I'll try to clear my backlog of posting by the end of this week, but for now I've gotta get back to work.

That's fantastic news!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

If the whole world was nice and honest, you'd be right, InitialDave. Unfortunately, the real world is filled with cheats and liars out to make a quick buck, lives of strangers be damned.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

No, he hasn't insulted the longevity of the Jeep 4.0 yet.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Dang. I was hoping you'd still be around to do pre-purchase inspections when I get a wild hare up my rear end, fly to Vegas, and buy rust-free desert vehicles.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

CSB melts his two smoke every couple of weeks. What'll it be this time?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

DrPain posted:

Holy poo poo this Mazda training video :laffo:

I AM THE BAT MAN

Dang, it got marked private.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Fo3 posted:

e: you do know how to use a knife yeah?

Hang on, I gotta go get my mom. I'm not 'upposed to use a knife by myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Is the pay better than art gallery sales? I can't imagine the stress is lower.

• Locked thread