Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

sullat posted:

Did selection & price get better or worse in Washington after the removal of state controls on liquor sales?

It's worse all around. All the liquor stores closed down, so now the only place to get it, at least around me, is from the crappy selection they have at grocery stores. Might be different if you're in Seattle, but I'm not. The sticker price stayed mostly the same, but before, the taxes were rolled into the price whereas now it's the sticker prices plus the taxes. Here's an article talking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Man, why can't I run a cult? That poo poo looks neat.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

computer parts posted:

Note that hunting actually is fairly popular; my parents are currently looking for a place in Corvallis and this was in one of the prospective houses:

Not necessarily everywhere you go, though. Out where I live nobody at all hunts the deer, and the end result is that the things stopped being even remotely skittish and started being ballsy motherfucks who'll leisurely walk down the middle of a busy road just so they can get at somebody's vegetable garden.

Edit: for reference, this is how bad the deer problem in our town has gotten.

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 13, 2014

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

glowing-fish posted:

Oh! I forgot to mention the vote-by-mail! It didn't even seem to be something to mention, in the same way that I don't mention that my laptop has a color monitor. A pretty apt comparison, since the last time Oregon had booth elections, I had a monochrome laptop.

It still blows my mind that some places don't have that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yes, Boeing is such a truly sympathetic and put upon business.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thanatosian posted:

It depends upon how you define "small business." If you go by number of employees, yeah, hedge funds are generally small businesses; go by revenue, though? All of a sudden, things change.

Yes, and that would definitely be better, but the legal definition is a place that employees fewer than 500 people. Revenue doesn't matter when it comes to things like tax breaks and what have you.

I think Valve is even still a small business, or at least they were the last time I checked.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You'd think that right-wing unions would be a problem that solves itself, but here we are... :(

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

effectual posted:

So where the hell are the legal dispensaries? Is there a list? Googling just gives me hundreds of medical only ones.

This was posted earlier in the thread. As far as I know, it's only these 25 places.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/marijuana...09=0&14194111=0

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ardennes posted:

Yeah one thing Portland is not lacking is tons of pizza of multiple varieties including gluten-free/vegan.

What can't you find in Portland? Non-steakhouse Brazilian food? West African?

Probably soul food.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Out here in Jefferson county we had some pretty good gusts yesterday. Must've had at least a dozen downed powerlines throughout the area, more than a few fallen trees, and a complete blackout for Cape George, Port Hadlock, and Chimacum. I imagine a lot of the other areas lost power too, but I wasn't covering any of them so I wouldn't know. gently caress all happened to Brinnon though, they didn't have anything to deal with.

Seems like the winds peaked in the evening right around dinnertime, and then eventually petered out by midnight or so.

e: when I was on Swansonville road out by Port Ludlow last night, there were parts of it that were just carpeted with debris. Seemed like that place got hit pretty hard.

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 12, 2014

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My dad's been a marine mechanic for most of his life and he really hates tribal fishers. :iiam:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Woah, hosed up if true

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The days are so long, but the years go by so quickly.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

He's eating a bag of Dick's in heaven now :(

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Anybody here have any opinion on the $300 million resort they're planning on building south of Brinnon? The short end of it is that they want a huge golf course, but to do that they'd have to use a kettle pond to manage the wastewater. A lot of people here don't like that because kettle ponds are a fairly rare geographical feature, and this one in particular may or may not have cultural significance to the local native tribe.

http://www.ptleader.com/news/commission-wrestles-with-brinnon-resort-plan/article_99ba1586-cf86-11e5-a445-67480b3a4538.html

Gotta be honest, the only reason I care is because my dad is one of the commissioners involved here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

A few blocks of this:

Let's do it :getin:

• Locked thread