Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

OwlBot 2000 posted:

forcible secularization

quote:

eliminated from public consciousness

You're showing some creepy authoritarian tendencies here. I'm not a big fan of Hinduism, but "forcible secularization" has never led anywhere good, unless you're using a nonstandard definition of "forcible."

Edit:

OwlBot 2000 posted:

I'm picturing Stalinism minus Stalin, and also with food.

You're confirming my initial impression here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

OwlBot 2000 posted:

Here's what I mean: strong separation of 'church' and state, abolition of laws that enforce religious practices, no religion taught in schools or religious schools, and.. that's about it. At least in Europe, doing that plus raising standards of living makes fundamentalism decline greatly.

I'm pretty sure India already has most of those things. It's raising standards of living that's the hard part.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Give the Naxalites nukes and hope for the best.

I know you're not serious, but the Naxalites are part of the problem: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Raped-repeatedly-Naxal-leader-quits-Red-ranks/articleshow/6423200.cms?referral=PM

• Locked thread