Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Soul Glo posted:

I thought there had to be, but dude in previous thread was making like it would be pointless to play if the servers pooped the bed.

I guess if you're only in for PVP, then maybe.

It's not like characters are offline or online only, just play the game singleplayer-ish until the servers recover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
What was the PSN pre-order bonuses? I'm not seeing anything and I got the game like 2 weeks out.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Read the last few pages and didn't see anything about the servers being down but is anyone else having trouble finding a session on 360? I'll lay my sign down and it'll say I can't create a session or on the lines of that.

edit: just saw a server post above mine. well that sucks. Shrine of Amana is downright obnoxious from the last bonfire to the boss door.

Also I feel like I'm cheesing my way through this game with my Large Club +10. All I have to do is stagger enemies and flatten them. I can't wait to try out some type of faith/strength or sorcerer build.

I haven't been able to summon or be summoned since the patch.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Volt Catfish posted:

I don't think it's a deal at all, since after 30 hours I have never been invaded outside of a bellbro or ratbro area.

There's no red eye orb and cracked eyes are a pain in the rear end to get. Much easier/more fun to go hang out in the belltower and get a fight every 30 seconds.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Gulch is super boring, even the boss is pretty dull.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
So I got pulled into another world (I assume by the rat covenant) while I was putting a lockstone into a pharos mouth thing. I never found the guy that pulled me in so I killed myself after about half an hour, but when I got back to my world the lockstone I had been using was in the 'solved' state but the thing it unlocked was still locked. Any way to fix this short of burning an ascetic or going NG+?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

CJacobs posted:

Yep I got to the Duke's Dear Freja boss fight a while ago, and after putting it off and doing everything else I can do, it looks like I will be going no further. I was able to suffer through the area but my crippling arachnophobia is hindering my ability to play this video game. Maybe when I get some jack and coke in me I will be able to pretend it was estus and have the liquid courage to go in swords swinging.

Summon some dudes and go look at some wall textures.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
No I mean the puzzle where you put the lockstone has the lockstone in it and won't let me put another lockstone in, like the puzzle was solved. But since I got pulled out of my game during the animation where I was sticking the block in the mouth the door the puzzle unlocks is still locked, and since I can't put another lockstone in the puzzle since it's 'solved' I can't open the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

A.C. posted:

Huh? You mean the ones with faces, right? I smacked them several times expecting something to happen and nothing did! What happened when you hit it?

The tree's screaming attracts the invisible npcs that are nearby if you haven't killed them yet. I found it actually made that area a lot easier since you'd know when you're about to be attacked.

• Locked thread