Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Akuma posted:

NarkyBark posted:

Unfortunately that's not the case, they aggro fine on their own. I did end up beating them though. I fought all the way to the grand staircase, aggro'd everyone there, waited for them to come down a bit and then just booked it to the dragon.

My next curiosity... is wondering if those random butterflies hide some sort of big secret or not. Seems like no one knows yet? Now I'm scanning all the higher spots everywhere I go.
No, it is the case, so long as you don't run past any of the big guys the little dudes will never attack. They even bow to you. You must have screwed something up if they didn't even bow.

They also auto aggro if you have a phantom or use a Seed and maybe something else, can't remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
A fast weapon is FAR better for fighting him. I can effortlessly clear the fights using Dual Caestus, an Estoc/Rapier, etc, but the time I tried to fight one with a Greatsword (Ultragreatsword) was the hardest and longest fight I've had all game. Used all of my estus and a large chunk of my lifegems. If you're stuck with a slow weapon anyway, don't try to get in more than one attack per attack cooldown, just do a fast attack and get ready to dodge again.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
It took me about three tries to figure out how to kill the Dragon in Heides without cheesing it or coming back later. And I'm not 'good' at Dark Souks 2.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
If you kill him there you don't get the boss fight with him later. If you don't kill him there you do get the fight. Unsure what happens is you do the boss fight before triggering him there for the first time.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Worth noting if you summon the phantom to help you kill invaders you won't be able to invade even if you have the ring on.

• Locked thread