Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
Alice in Wonderland Chitoge holy shitttt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah my heart kinda died there.

I'm also far more upset at the fact that Mari (aka the best girl) is not in a good costume

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

boredsatellite posted:

Yeah my heart kinda died there.

I'm also far more upset at the fact that Mari (aka the best girl) is not in a good costume

Then the Majikore app is what you're looking for

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
This series rapidly has become "Reaction Faces: the manga."

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
No, it's pretty much been that since the pilot chapter, which is just as excellent after all this time.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Chapter 132 is out!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Ch-132--Beauty-Pageant?id=203454

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Blushes on every page

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'd give the reaction faces a good grade in this chapter.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Going back, this manga has consistently had some fantastic reaction faces.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Yeah, there's a good reason Nisekoi's so popular despite it's very generic premise.
Are there any other goons that have the Majikore app?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I hope that when this series is done, the artist can work on something a bit more substantial than a harem comedy. The artist is really able to stretch their style with all these great expressions.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Compendium posted:

I hope that when this series is done, the artist can work on something a bit more substantial than a harem comedy. The artist is really able to stretch their style with all these great expressions.

You should read Double Arts. Oh wait.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Compendium posted:

Protip, the artist is writing a harem comedy because he got poo poo on when he tried to make an actual good manga.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

He doesn't seem to hate doing Nisekoi though. By that I mean he isn't actively trying to sabotage the series like Akira Toriyama with DBZ.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

HiveCommander posted:

He doesn't seem to hate doing Nisekoi though. By that I mean he isn't actively trying to sabotage the series like Akira Toriyama with DBZ.

Or like the one dude doing Prison School.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

HiveCommander posted:

How did Toriyama try to sabotage DBZ?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

OneDeadman posted:

Or like the one dude doing Prison School.

I dunno, is that really what's going on? Dude makes a funny series, and I'd wager he's more at the point where figuring out bizarre new ways to toe the age rating line is a game at this point.

Let's just hope his gambling streak never fails him. Good lord I haven't laughed that at a manga in forever.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

How did Toriyama try to sabotage DBZ?

He started just doing whatever after a short while because DBZ got far too big for what he wanted. Long, drawn out fights and stupidly-OTT powerlevels constantly jumping ever higher was an attempt to shake the hardcore fans but they loved it even more. He wanted to start up on other manga ideas and he even wanted to dabble in video games (like how he did the illustrations and designs for Dragonquest) but because of editorial pressure he had to persist with the Dragon Ball franchise. I think he wanted Dragon Ball to end after Vegeta and Nappa were beaten on Earth, from memory. Krursk knows the full story if you ever spot him around the forums.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Which chapter is this page is from? Mamadera is a fantastic character, but I don't remember which arc this is.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The Evil Thing posted:

Which chapter is this page is from? Mamadera is a fantastic character, but I don't remember which arc this is.

Raku helps out his Yakuza friend's cake shop and it ends up outperforming Mamadera's shop by accident.

It starts on Ch 101.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 25, 2014

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Cool, thanks.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think the dessert shop battle is my favorite chapter of this manga. The comedy and faces are just so good.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Nisekoi is pretty much the author checking through a list of harem comedy cliches with a side of funny faces. It's not pretending to be anything else either so hey, I'll take it.

HiveCommander posted:

I think he wanted Dragon Ball to end after Vegeta and Nappa were beaten on Earth, from memory. Krursk knows the full story if you ever spot him around the forums.

"Toriyama wanted to end DBZ at X point" is quite possibly the most hilarious lie the DBZ fanbase won't let die.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Nisekoi is pretty much the author checking through a list of harem comedy cliches with a side of funny faces. It's not pretending to be anything else either so hey, I'll take it.

"Toriyama wanted to end DBZ at X point" is quite possibly the most hilarious lie the DBZ fanbase won't let die.

Don't read Nisekoi expecting things to happen other than comedy and occasional self-referential stuff about how absurd his harem is.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I always thought it was basically "Sorry for cancelling you, but your art is nice so why not make a funny faces manga?"

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It would not be too surprising considering his editor also oversees Gintama.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Bring back Double Arts, in my honest opinion.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

kidcoelacanth posted:

Bring back Double Arts, in my honest opinion.

You know, given the fact that the people at Shueisha are probably still kicking themselves over the goldmine that Attack on Titan turned out to be, I wouldn't put it past them to allow a manga to be uncancelled. Pretty doubtful that they do it with Double Arts, though.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

New chapter time!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Ch-133--One-on-One

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Adorable as gently caress

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I have a feeling Haru is gonna win.

But I want them both to win.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

We all know that no-one is going to win, but it's very obvious that Yui is the promised girl, the only real reason why Marika was so mortified when she made her appearance.

Speaking of, obligatory best girl

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I guess Haru is wearing a ton of censor bars?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
There's a 2-page extra chapter that was released a short while after the most recent chapter, showing a bit of Yui's past.

Apparently she unified the warring factions through the sheer power of ~moe~

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Wark Say posted:

You know, given the fact that the people at Shueisha are probably still kicking themselves over the goldmine that Attack on Titan turned out to be, I wouldn't put it past them to allow a manga to be uncancelled. Pretty doubtful that they do it with Double Arts, though.

If they uncancelled Mx0, I would almost be willing to forgive them for cancelling it in the first place.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

The Sandman posted:

If they uncancelled Mx0, I would almost be willing to forgive them for cancelling it in the first place.

Eugh, don't remind me. At least Double Arts ended on an upbeat, if all-too-sudden note. The 'ending' to Mx0 just reeks of crippling hopelessness, like the author was told it was being canned and just gave the gently caress up.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP_5fcQ3kEA

There's a trailer for a Nisekoi Vita dating game. It has a few reaction faces.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Aug 6, 2014

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

There's a lot of fantastic reaction faces in that video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Chapter 134 up

She takes two steps forward; he takes two steps back.

• Locked thread