Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

B-b-b-b-but Brady took a pay cut!

This is kind of a bad example because the Patriots turned around and payed Amendola more after Welker wasn't signed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
95.7 The GAME @957thegame

Marcel Reece says "there's definitely some good news coming out of Alameda today...but I'm not gonna spoil it..."

I trust Reece to make judgements on what qualifies as raiders-rear end signings. Hopefully he's not just excited about Saffold. :sigh:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

I don't understand. The Raiders FO uses Reece all over, giving him awards, using him as the Raider's mouthpiece, sending him to fundraisers etc. But they absolutely refuse to utilize him on the field

He had like 20 carries that one game. :shrug:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
10 minutes and the regular season starts, boys. Browns/Jags fans, we made it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
DMC on a one year deal. Now we can let go of Jennings with no issues. :eng101:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Veldheer to Cards supposedly official.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Korranus posted:

Be like Texans fans and set no expectations, and you'll always be pleasantly surprised!

Don't you start with me today. You're still perennial winners as far as I'm concerned.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

Probably more likely that Veldheer and Houston didn't want to come back

Both made public statements about wanting to be back. Rumors of Saffold signing for $8 came out the first day of the tampering period. They were looking to replace Veldheer, and they got an injury prone not as good player for more cash to do it. That simple. Unless they got Saffold to play guard, in which case, he'd be the second highest paid guard in the nfl. Who knows why they let Houston go, but I'm betting it has something to do with incompetence.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
From Veldheers mother.

@raiders343 A fair offer from the Raiders never happened. Nothing near the Saffold deal. We will always ❤️ Raider Nation.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mary Veldheer went on to say that Reggie McKenzie is “cleaning house” … also heard from that camp that McKenzie doesn’t want “Al Davis guys”

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nawid posted:

So the plan is to have Watson at LT?!

Ok, well what's the plan for week 2-17?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Rashad Jennings ✔ @RashadJennings
Follow
Flying to the Big Apple tonight! Looking forward to signing the dotted lines with @Giants

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
we have more needs now than before free agency started

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

davecrazy posted:

New York Giants: Singing guys you have to Google.

e: I guess he was decent filling in for the Raiders last year. Ask me how many Raiders games I watched. Zero.

He had like 7 straight 100 yard games or something. He's your running back, now.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

I can almost understand letting Jennings go if they believe in the RB they drafted last year that was hurt and they intend on splitting carries between Run DNP and Reece but for some reason they never use Reece as much as everyone wants them to.

At this point I'm prepared for McKenzie to trade out of the top 5 and somehow end up with only a 7th round pick in the 2015 draft in return.

Murray is like 6'3". I have a lot of doubts about whether he can even be a role player. On another note, Raider fans are going full on stockholm syndrome. Veldheer was pretty bad, and Houston was nowhere to be found on the field. Didn't lose any all-pros. Also, ok with DMC on a one year "prove-it" contract. You know, like a contract year, where he could try to play better.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
as if mcfadden hasn't gotten enough millions of dollars from the raiders. what's 4 more

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nawid posted:

Franchise should've died with Al.

Yeah, you know what. It's time to cut our losses. Just change them to the London Monarchs or w/e and put this chapter of NFL history behind us.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
McFadden officially listed as doubtful for week 1.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine I've just been sitting here in the corner muttering mother fucker under my breath over and over, because I have. Carry on.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

oh good, thank god we have a young stalwart left tackl-

Jared Veldheer is not a Raider. He is a Cardinal.

No yep still hurts. :suicide:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo it never ceases to amaze me how stupid Raider fans outside of this website are. I feel bad for Houston and Veldheer. People are acting like they deserve vet minimum because "not like they were all-pros. Totally expendable."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Raiders are going after Raji. I'm buying that one Packer fan a goatse avatar.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

If the Raiders sign Raji, the Saffold deal ends up being almost impossible to get the full amount of money, they sign that Jets RT, sign DRC, grab a few DTs, grab a WR and announce Menelik Watson as the new stud LT I'll call today a wash

Raji has nothing left IMO, and he'll probably end up overpaid. I think Reggie is looking for a lot of things in players that aren't "is a good player." It's bumming me out.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Watson looked fantastic at LT considering his circumstances, but he got injured 3 separate times and was healthy for about a game. Still need a guard that can at least compete at the right side, but that should be a priority for the draft. Su'a filo would have this o line looking pretty up until the first wave of injuries. Also we kind of need a running back.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Paperback Writer posted:

Latavius Murray will be the next Bo.

He'd have to be at his height. Might as well put Pryor at running back.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
"Day traitors"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What about that badass linebacker during the super bowl run. Forgot his name. Pretty sure he was inside.

Edit: Jeremiah Trotter. Myth busted.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 12, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Still hope the Saints lose every game. :colbert:

Lamarr Woodley and Justin Tuck are both visiting Oakland today. They are both stopgaps, IMO, so hopefully neither one gets some ridiculous 6 year deal.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Regnevelc posted:

Yeah, naw dog. The OTs were reasonably priced for the most part.

8 am and I already want to be drinking.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Foom posted:

I don't dislike the Howard signing, but god, all that money for Saffold. And to potentially play guard too. I wonder what the plan is for Menelik Watson now.

Really we have a question mark at both guard positions and left tackle. Saffold will be in one of those spots. Free agency and the draft will probably determine who starts where, along with how dudes like Watson play, but he got paid for being versatile. Be prepared to get shuffled around due to lack of depth.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Russell Wilson's gonna have to step it up in a big way next season.

Edit: I'm pretty cool with the Broncos seemingly setting their future on fire though. Give Peyton a chance, and then pay the poo poo out of an aging Talib, Beason, and Ware forever and ever.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Toymachine posted:

We already have more depth than last season. Howard and Wiz are locks at RT and C. Then you have Saffold, Watson, Barnes and McCants to fill 3 spots and I'm sure they're not done shopping yet.

There have been reports about interest in John Jerry. He's a huge shithead which kind of doesn't fit the team they are trying to build but he's a solid guard. It'll also mean Jerry and Jonathan Martin would live across the Bay.

You also have guys like Davin Joseph and Uche Nwaneri who could be one year stop gaps.

Yeah. O-line is set. Time to sign an entire defensive line and secondary. This feels like a Madden fantasy draft except all our picks are allowed to veto.

superaielman posted:

:bigtran: You know it's going to happen, been calling it for months.

If it does and he's terrible, I'm holding you personally responsible.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

superaielman posted:

Nope, the Raiders just spent that on three guys.

Mostly two.

quote:

Volkerball: It won't be complete until you sign off another castoff from the Packers secondary. MD Jennings is a UFA. He's just as good a safety as Brandian Ross!

Great, we have an opening at free safety, nickel corner, and corner. Hop on a jet, guy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Today started so good tho

quote:

The Patriots are hosting OLB Matt Shaughnessy on a visit today, per a league source.

Why do the Patriots always go after our castaways and then compete for Super Bowls. :sigh:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

To be fair, other than Randy Moss who exactly has gone on from the Raiders recently to do anything great?

ummmmm Kerry Collins! :eng101:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Tuck is giving the Giants a chance to match the Raiders offer.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Did they say what the offer was?

a billion years. :shepspends:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ozu posted:

@DawgsByNature
Someone on Reddit says #Browns leaked free agent board when Farmer came out for the presser...

:laffo:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Don't even care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mgant posted:

I am kinda pleased :p

When I was telling everyone that we were going to regret letting Veldheer walk, I didn't expect to get validated TOMORROW.

• Locked thread