Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Browns making a lot of moves to shore up the D. Which was already rather solid.

They got to do something about that O though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Poor Raiders, tons of cash and nothing to spend it on.

Because you won't.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Michael Corleone posted:

Color me unimpressed, we didn't fill any holes, we replaced them with older players who may or may not be marginal upgrades.

I said shore up not drastically improve.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Oh cool glad we could take Jenkins off their hands to facilitate that :csgo:

I am pretty sure not even that is enough to land Byrd.

Unless he is coming dirt cheap but well that ain't happening.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The dolphins fans hatred of Martin is really, really weird.

I mean he is bad we get it.

edit: well the talib news kind of made this moot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kalli posted:

How are they cheap? They've spent to the cap every year for forever.

Yeah but they generally don't sign/take huge contracts on.

Brady being the obvious exception.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

superaielman posted:

You seriously need to up your dose of Haldol. They're looking at two of the better WRs on the market and that's the biggest need on the team (Besides QB) by a mile. What more do you want?

Its mcmagic, so they would need to look at everyone and sign every need right then with the best players available overall.

Then he would complain they are overpaid.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That is one way to hit the floor.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Serisothikos posted:

It'll just be all Tom Brady punts, field goals, and defensive scores. Belichick becomes the first coach to take a team to the playoffs without scoring an offensive touchdown.

Trent Dilfer seethes quietly from the studio.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Waroduce posted:

dont you do that here. this is sports.

It was a joke calm down there hoss.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That is painfully generic.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Robot_Rumpus posted:

Obviously they should be the crutch in every single argument. Trade Brady, Romo or Luck for Tannehill.

Or you could actually watch a game.

The eye test is generally really biased tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Then why all the gnashing of teeth and wailing over not signing them? And when has Veldheer been a right tackle?

A delayed flowchart reaction.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lots of new posters this off-season that are just the tits

To be fair he ain't new, he is always this insufferable.

I understand the irony here.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Peyton is furious and has taken over the GM's job.

Whispering, "not again, never again." over and over again.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really don't think a lack of offensive options was what hurt the Broncos in the SB.

I wasn't talking about one signing in particular.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I depute that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Professor Funk posted:

There's no way Desean Jackson gets more than he was making on his current deal.

Then trading for Jackson is probably the dumbest thing you could do.

Good luck.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

euphronius posted:

Why is the Desean drama happening now and not early in the FA period. Was he expecting to get re-upped and it never happened?

Yeah he wanted a restructure and vented to the media apparently.

Which for some reason caused the eagles to flip out.

Though this apparently happened right after the playoff loss. So I don't know why it took this long to become a thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

superaielman posted:

Has Jackson gone on the record anywhere, or have the Eagles front office? It sounds like Jackson just blew up and started leaking to the media, but there's actually nothing been officially said that I've seen.

I think it was a leak but I can't find where I got that from originally.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wait that was the interview that got everyone all bitchy?

lol that is nothing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Lol. When a run first, good defense team wins the Super Bowl, it's all on the defense. When a good defense pass first team wins the Super Bowl, it's a ~passing league~. The bottom line is that teams like the Texans and Seahawks who don't have a top 5 quarterback can still be legitimate Super Bowl contenders by running the ball. You personally don't value a good running back. That's it. You can have a lovely qb if you have a good line, receivers, and oc. You can have lovely DT's if you have good pass rushing ends and MLB's who can shut down the middle. On and on and on. That doesn't make good players at those positions expendable or worthless, especially for teams who'd schemes value guys like that. The bottom line is that guys like McCoy, Forte, Foster, Rice, AP, etc can add a lot to make teams competitive for championships, and if you think you can get that guy, loving go for it. Lol the Broncos could beat the Vikings and look at Lynch's Super Bowl stats doesn't really change that.

What does a pass first good D team look like?

I can't really think of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

The Eagles in 2004.

e: For a more recent example, the Steelers in 2011 when Bruce Arians ran the offense. Top 10 passing offense #1 defense

They lost though. But that Super Bowl was two high-powered passing attacks.

This is true, though I don't know anyone that discounted the D's contribution.

• Locked thread