Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Vertical Lime posted:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The #Browns have emerged as the team to beat for Karlos Dansby, per source. #Titans, #Cardinals feel they are out.

browns

team to beat

The cardinals GM basically said that players over 29-30 will be thoroughly evaluated before giving a deal longer than 2 years to. When the wheels fall off, they fall off quickly.

I love Dansby, but no ill will. Make your money!

Cardinals offered 2/10-12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Browns sign Dansby.

Not a bad deal if the Browns have a ton of cap room this year.

quote:

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers 1m
don't know if this has been out there since twitter broke. hearing Dansby to Browns, 4yrs/$24m. $10m year 1, $14m guaranteed.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
So a very good deal. Wrap it all up into this year and next if you have to cut him after two years you aren't out too much.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

shiksa posted:

I'm actually really okay with the Redskins signing Andre Roberts. He seemed to be pretty good every time I saw him in highlights, is a punt returner, and it looks like they didn't comically overpay for him.

He was on pace to be a solid #2, the year before Floyd broke out, Roberts had about 750 yards. He is solid.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
C'mon Vandleer.....

E: Daryn Colledge is going to be released

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Blitz7x posted:

mother fucker

WOOO HOOO

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Valdheer - Cooper - Sendlein - Watford - Massie

I don't mind it, I'd like to see them give Massie a shot at RT this year. He did well at the end of 2012. Watford is the wild-card, drafted last year and needs to be ready for the role at RG.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Veldheer has $17M guaranteed. I like this move more and more.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Marketing New Brain posted:

I'd be really nervous if I was Arizona. Whenever a team lets a player like that go, usually it is because they and the coaches know something. Part of the reason I'm so happy with the Monroe signing is that he played with Baltimore last season, so they know exactly what they are getting, especially what doesn't show up on tape.

The Raiders offered more last year and he declined. Maybe he wanted to leave?

And gently caress you for raining on my parade.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Marketing New Brain posted:

It could be he doesn't like playing in Oakland, who the hell knows? If he bounces back from his injury he looks like a steal. I was thinking of similar cases recently, namely Paul Kruger and Dannel Ellerbe, where they were signed for more than they were worth. Whoever gets Art Jones probably won't have buyers remorse at least.

I know, but he had a triceps injury and hopefully it's healed. PFF absolutely loves the move, which I am happy with.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Browns go after Peppers!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Ozu posted:

Every single FA yesterday aside from Verner was overpaid.

Yeah, naw dog. The OTs were reasonably priced for the most part.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Volkerball posted:

8 am and I already want to be drinking.

:smugdog:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Blitz7x posted:

Enjoy your Right Tackle who is about to be busted for PEDs, who gets that big that fast?

i'm sorry i'm really salty and it's early

What did Massie do to you???

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
This is how I felt as an Arizona fan until 2006 or so...

E: Tuck and Woodley are visiting the Raiders.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Can you offer cap space for draft picks? Maybe the Raiders are planning to buy Dallas's picks this year?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Revis told the Raiders not to bother.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Veldheer took less money to be with Arizona, may have been due to taxes tho.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Why would he want to be tagged?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Ozu posted:

Cromartie is visiting the Cardinals, per Manish. They need more defensive backs.

Powers isn't that good, Cason is a FA (IIRC).

I think if they can get Cromartie at a reasonable price to help build his stock back up for a year they absolutely should.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

PantsFreeZone posted:

Arizona is going to find out really quickly how much Cam Newton's skill made him look like a reasonably good WR.

When I think passing skill, I think Cam Newton.

Ginn is going to have Fitz and Floyd drawing coverage from him, he will be fine.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Peterson never got kicked to and he wasn't that great last year when he did. I do like Peterson not being able to return punts anymore though.

Yeah, they did over pay for Ginn, but this isn't something that is crippling to the team so I'm not stressing over it.

E: Although it gives me the ability to call Ginn 'Kleenex' a few more times this year, so that's a bonus.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Mar 14, 2014

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Antonio Cromartie is to leave Arizona today. If he leaves without a deal, odds are he won't be coming here.

I'd love to nab him.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
So Arizona can take care of their line and sign Streif. I'd be cool with that. Theys till have 14.1M in cap room this year. Not sure if that is the 4.5M set aside for rookies or not.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

PantsFreeZone posted:

Cam Newton is a much better passer than whatever the Cardinals are trotting out there.

Also, you could resurrect Kurt Warner to throw the ball to Ginn and he would find a way to drop the ball.

Horrible signing.

Also, per PFF, this isn't true, I was looking around today for this, but PFF posted it to their twitter account. That was nice of them.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/444539356728942592/photo/1

Killa Cam was -6.1 as a passer last year, Palmer was +2.3 last year.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Robot_Rumpus posted:

People really do like to fall back on those metrics for everything, don't they?

I guess Tannehill was better than Brady, Luck and Romo?

I don't know if there is a better set of metrics out there? Care to enlighten me?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Robot_Rumpus posted:

Obviously they should be the crutch in every single argument. Trade Brady, Romo or Luck for Tannehill.

Or you could actually watch a game.

I watch plenty of games, Carson Palmer was a better passer than Cam Newton last year.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Chichevache posted:

I swear I had this same stupid argument yesterday. Cam is good and I love him, and he's great for his age, but his passing still isn't that amazing. Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan, and a few other guys who aren't Brady/Brees/Rodgers/Manning all have better passing skill*. I mean Cam's completion percentage is still hovering around 60%.

*does not apply to Matt Ryan going deep

I love Cam too and would love him on Arizona, over Carson. But not for his passing.

This is directed at that person who I was talking about Ginn with that said Cam was better as a passer than Palmer. I am not attacking Cam or bringing it out of left field.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Alouicious posted:

What's his deal Cardinals fans

He was good last year. Well, at least I don't remember being pissed at him for many missed assignments.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'm loving this FA period.

Arizona will likely target Calvin Pryor in the draft.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Gonz posted:

After Patrick Peterson, the Cardinals' CB depth was as followed:

They almost had to sign Cromartie. drat near anyone would have been an upgrade over Mystery CB's 2-through-4.

What? No, this is just incorrect.

They needed to sign/draft a cornerback due to the uncertainty of Mathieu coming back from an ACL tear and his FS/Nickleback role, but Jerraud Powers is still on the team. As much as I dislike him, he wasn't terrible last year and Arizona had a good pass defense.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
No poo poo he is going to say that.

But, I don't blame him from wanting to leave that poo poo-show.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Holy poo poo

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Andre Roberts will play over Reed.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I had a hornets jersey growing up.

Colors were awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Febreeze posted:

Every Cardinals fan I've ever met has been like "eh, whatever, i don't really care about them but i'll watch games from time to time"

I've never met a hardcore Cards fan.

gently caress you, bro.

• Locked thread