Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brice McCain is probably a little high, there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli you should use your new superpowers to close the other thread :v:

Blitz7x posted:

One of the Raiders beat writers DM'd me a list of players he heard/thinks the Raiders will target

what a loving uninspired lot

Excuse me that's former special teams player of the year and Superbowl champion Jacoby Jones

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bondster posted:

Owen Daniels got released. Saw it coming but I'm going to miss OD :smith:

Aw :( Part of me wonders if his interview about how he believes he's earned the right to finish out his contract contributed to this. $4.5m in created cap space, but also a hole created in my heart. Guess we'd better sign Graham now

e: this is especially sad because he had offered to restructure in order to stay on the Texans

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 11, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Matt Schaub is still on the Texans. If Schaub is the starter next season so they can draft Clowney I'm going to be very cross with you bhsman

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DOOP posted:

Byrd :swoon:

Go away Dan, no one likes you

I bet Haynesworth likes him ok

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

The Pats aren't exactly flush with cap space. Might explain some of their inaction.

B-b-b-b-but Brady took a pay cut!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Double checked to make sure it wasn't @Marish_Mehta

Manish_Metha :catdrugs:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

yes

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI now
RT @clarencehilljr: The cowboys are releasing ware, per source

Hoping he comes to Houston cheap, doubting he will

Parmesan Basil posted:

Ten minutes left y'all. Ready for some poo poo?

I am in fact waiting for the Texans to do absolutely nothing except sign some third string OL whose former team didn't even want him and maybe bringing Jason David out of retirement

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

So last year he converted a bunch of base salary into a signing bonus to get the Cowboys under the cap and now that all gets added in this year.

Fun.

Eh they still get $7.5m in cap relief, and they're still ridiculously over the cap aren't they?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Winkie01 posted:

The Iron Sheik
gently caress the Mike Florio follow the real NFL genius @incarceratedbob he break all the news back before the toupee wearing jabroni

If you ever needed more proof that the Shiek owns.

Well, except for the time he said Nancy Benoit might have deserved what she got

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Nah, they're under enough to sign rookies and assorted stopgaps now.

Yeah, they do get $7.5m in cap relief, but it would've been like $12m if they hadn't had to do that salary conversion last year.

Well they were still getting hosed by the cap penalty for not sticking to the collusion, correct? And now they're out from under that?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

^^^ :argh:

BlindSite posted:

I love the complex deals inked two minutes into FA, no tampering goes on ever guys. None.

Well we do have legal tampering now :shobon:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 13s
Colts are signing former Ravens DT Arthur Jones to a deal around $6 million per season, per sources.

also aaaaaaaaaaaa Hitner to the Browns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

mcmagic posted:

And Houston and the Jets.

:barf: I don't know if I can take a McCown as my team's QB

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Good consolation prize for Bennett I guess

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
Set to visit the #Dolphins as soon as tonight is former #Texans DT Earl Mitchell. They don’t plan to let him leave the facility.

Oh god they're going to kill him :ohdear:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4s
Former Chiefs WR/KR Dexter McCluster reached agreement on a 3-yr deal with the Titans, per ESPN league sources.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 17s
Former Texans defensive tackle Earl Mitchell is expected to land a 4-yr, $16M deal that includes $9M GTD with Dolphins.

Probably a bit of an overpay on Earl

e: For PantsFreeZone: He's a good run stopper in the middle, doesn't get to the passer very often

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Deals gettin done

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 49s
Former Seahawks DT Clinton McDonald reached agreement on a 4-yr, $12M deal with Buccaneers, per ESPN sources.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Former Browns G Shawn Lauvao reached agreement on a 4-yr, $17M deal with the Washington Redskins, per sources.

Former Cardinals WR Andre Roberts reached agreement on a 4-yr, $16 million deal with the Redskins, per source.

Former Giants TE Brandon Myers reached agreement on a 2-year, $4 million deal with Bucs, per sources.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 2m
DE Antonio Smith says he wants to stay with Texans but has visits lined up with Redskins, Titans, Rams and Raiders. He's 32 and 10-year vet.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

^^^ Schefter

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
Rodger Saffold’s deal with the #Raiders is five years for $42.5M. Wow.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

So Kolb was released

I thought he retired?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

Rodger Saffold’s deal with the #Raiders is five years for $42.5M. Wow.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11m
Jared Veldheer’s deal with the #Cardinals is a five-year deal that can be worth $37.5M. Owner Michael Bidwill’s jet headed to Mich now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Steelers officially have released linebacker LaMarr Woodley.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Probably more likely that Veldheer and Houston didn't want to come back

Niners released Carlos Rodgers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Antoine Bethea heading to the 49ers

e:

Antoine Bethea ‏@Tweez41 5m
Glad to be a Niner!! Going to the Bay!!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 35s
Falcons agree to terms with DT Paul Soliai and G Jon Asamoah, per source.

drat I was hoping the Texans would take a shot at Soliai

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Soliai deal

Deal for Paul Soliai to the #Falcons: Five years, $33M with $14M fully guaranteed, per source. $11M this year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The #Ravens and OT Eugene Monroe’s deal is officially done, per source. Five year, $37.5M.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 21s
Jacksonville traded QB Blaine Gabbert to SF for a 6th round pick, per sources

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nawid posted:

It's like a 7th round pick.

If they use it on a QB he'll be more likely to be a franchise QB than Gabbert

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vengarr posted:

I can't believe they got a sixth for him, frankly. He's one of the all-time lovely QBs according to advanced metrics (and the eyeball test).

Whoa there motherfucker

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

coronaball posted:

There might have been some debate before, but I think today cements the Raiders as the worst organization in sports.

Eh the Bobcats still exist

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 18s
Bills free-agent S Jairus Byrd is on his way to New Orleans to visit the Saints, per source.

How the hell is that supposed to work

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

Oh cool glad we could take Jenkins off their hands to facilitate that :csgo:

Pretty sure the Saints would have to rescind the tag on Jimmy Graham to pull this off?

Or did they free up a shitload of cap space when I wasn't looking?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BlindSite posted:

They need defensive help

I meant financially

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

As the world's only Raiders-Bobcats fan, I

And adding Astros to that mix, don't forget!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

It hurts so bad

Raiders/Bobcats/Astros

I don't get this at all by the way. If you're from NC, there are the Panthers. If you're from the Bay Area, there are the Warriors, Giants and A's. Why subject yourself to this?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Oh poo poo, Tony Gonzalez is going to be a Patriot soon, isn't he?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Some people are not bound by geography

Instead they're bound by picking the most painful possible teams to pull for? Even Gendo at least only has to go through this kind of pain because they're his home teams

e: But at least the Astros have arguably the best farm in baseball and will be contending for the playoffs in two years :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What makes the Packers more interesting than other teams? Personally I find the Dan Snyder trainwreck in Washington much more fascinating

• Locked thread