Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
So when Revis hits the market, what do you all think he'll end up getting per year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

DOOP posted:

Eagles should sign T-Jax as a backup

I'd be ok with this.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

DOOP posted:

Eagles to sign Revis and Byrd, Dream Team 2.0

:suicide:

So because A BAD THING happened signing big free agents in the past, you shouldn't do it again?

(Note, I'm not totally in favor of signing them both, but it's not 2010 anymore)

e: \/ exactly.

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 11, 2014

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I think Ward is a lot like Antonio Allen is that he's better inside the box than he is at coverage.

Way better, IMO. I really hope the Eagles don't make a play for him

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Do we have an IRC channel set up?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Detroit_Dogg posted:

#TFFreeAgencyTracker

SynIRC still?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dave Spadaro posted:

@davespadaro P Donnie Jones 3 year deal. #Eagles release S Patrick Chung

http://twitter.com/davespadaro/status/443485769815310337

Yes on both accounts

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

PantsFreeZone posted:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Former Saints S Malcom Jenkins to Philly on a 3-year, $16.25M deal, per source.

There's your new safety Eagles fans.

It is an upgrade...

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Vengarr posted:

No way is Jenkins going to be the starter. Allen and Wolf are going to start with Jenkins as the veteran backup that Chung couldn't manage to be.

What this says to me is that they're standing pat. Don't expect Byrd or Ward.

Twitter is awash with rumours that they are going to sign Mitchell too.

And I think he'll start at FS with Wolf at SS. As a converted corner, he'll play man on tight ends/slot receivers and center field when he isn't doing that, IMO

And I wanted no parts of Ward. None.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Vengarr posted:

We have to see how much of that 16 mill is guaranteed. Probably only a fraction.

Jenkins isn't an upgrade over Nate Allen, sad to tell. I doubt they'll let Allen walk to replace him with Jenkins; they'll either re-sign Allen (although if they were going to do that, they probably would have), get someone like Mitchell as said, or go to the draft.

8.5 guaranteed is what I'm hearing.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

DOOP posted:

Ware probably has a year or two left in the tank. Give Ware a short deal, use him as a rotational player, and troll the everloving gently caress out of the Cowboys? :iiam:

I think, even now, that Ware is a clear upgrade in a 3-4 scheme over Cole.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

nrr posted:

I'm torn between being stoked that Howie's being smart and not throwing mountains of money at FAs

I lean in this direction. The team is too far away and has their own talent to keep over the next year or two that Howie probably thought that 2014 wasn't the year to make the big splash and hamstring yourself later.

At least that's how I'm justifying it.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The Eagles signed some guy called Chris Maragos at safety.

Special Teams/depth move.

3 years, $4 million, a little over 1 guaranteed

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
I'd bring DRC back to Philly if the price is right. Different coach/scheme, and he's objectively better than every CB on the roster

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

PantsFreeZone posted:

No. gently caress Vick.

I hope some puppy loving LB with the nickname "Mad Dawg" ends his career and his ability to walk on the same play.

I'm really surprised that this attitude still exists.

Dude paid his debt and from what everything I saw watching him off the field while he was on my Eagles he's truly changed as a person.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

PantsFreeZone posted:

VVV - That's actually funny. I'm pretty reasonable about everything except when it comes to dogs/animal torture. But I'm done now. Carry on.

Well at least you're admitting you're unreasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

superaielman posted:

You can accept that someone served their time and paid for their crime and still hate them for it. Vick is and remains a piece of poo poo, I don't care what he says in public. His actions speak for themselves.

Agreed. His current actions, showing a newfound maturity and respect, clearly lacking when he was with Atlanta, speak for themselves.

E: \/ he volunteered with animal rights groups and shelters in Philadelphia well beyond what was required of him. He's literally done good things here, not just refrained from doing bad things.

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 22, 2014

• Locked thread