Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I pour some whiskey in my coffee every morning before I go to work. And then I don't go to work and draw the window shades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

I like it because it has a handle built into the bottle, so i can just drink it right from the bottle.

I like canadian whisky because even the lovely cheap stuff has nice looking bottles

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i once heard the Japanese make really good whiskey, which seems weird

vermicious
Feb 22, 2010

Who is leaving messages on your answering machine?

Entropic posted:

I like canadian whisky because even the lovely cheap stuff has nice looking bottles

I like seagrams because the little bumps make it easier to hold the bottle from any direction

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
how come some people get the shits when they drink too much & others get wicked bad constapation

TheFrankAttack
May 1, 2007
Black Velvet Canadian Whiskey was such my poo poo in college, but for some reason it was the only alcohol that made me black out.

13 bucks for a handle...that's like 4 bucks a night for no memories. A great deal.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
lol if you're able to leave the bottle unfinished

seriously wtf.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

I don't like the super cheap stuff. I prefer to drink my Buffalo Trace and chase it with old, flat Coca-Cola.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Fandyien posted:

look at this loving powder-wigged fop over here

I fired one of my butlers to afford the extra :10bux:

naem
May 29, 2011

I only buy expensive booze because that way I don't drink as much works p good

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Copley Depot posted:

Evan williams black label is like $10 for a fifth I hardly ever go cheaper than that.

Evan Williams is actually good bourbon, too.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
i don't think it's a preference, it's just poverty

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Harwood Canadian is fine and it's under $8 here.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Why even write "Premium Quality" on the label, or is it like ironic humor?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Old Crow was pretty good too.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I've never had an awful whiskey, even cheap stuff I've found to be plenty drinkable. Then again the cheapest whiskey in Canada would be Canadian whiskey which is always inoffensive.

but yes sometimes nasty liquor is the way to go

My go to when I just feel like drinking for the sake of drinking is er guo tou (fortified chinese rice wine)

it is 56% abv and surprisingly drinkable. It doesn't taste good but it doesn't really burn like you'd expect.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

If I'm drinking cheap whisk(e)y it's probably Old Crow.

Old Crow Reserve (lol) if you're feeling spendy.

ron color
Dec 28, 2011
a picture of Kentucky Deluxe

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I bought one of those Kentucky Name things and it really sucked but I can't remember which one it was so I just get old crow now

naem
May 29, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

this poo poo is made by a bunch of free-staters in new hampshire and it tastes like rubbing alcohol

but it's sooooo cheap

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fandyien posted:

i once heard the Japanese make really good whiskey, which seems weird

they wanted to copy the industrialized west in every way they could, so when they discovered they liked whisky they decided to make their own

Japanese whisky tastes a lot like scotch because they imported all the stuff for their first distilleries from Scotland

I learned all this after the cocktail bar I worked at drank far, far too much at invited me to a presentation and tasting event by a whiskey salesman from Suntory

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 12, 2014

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

that poo poo is fine and not that cheap

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I learned all this after the cocktail bar I worked at invited me to a presentation and tasting event by a whiskey salesman from Suntory

that sounds like a good day

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
wait, did I say "worked at"? actually I didn't work there I drank there so often I became kind of a fixture

but yeah, it was a good day

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

TheFrankAttack posted:

Black Velvet Canadian Whiskey was such my poo poo in college, but for some reason it was the only alcohol that made me black out.

13 bucks for a handle...that's like 4 bucks a night for no memories. A great deal.

Oh sweet lord Jesus

I forgot about Black Velvet
how the gently caress did I forget about BV?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just want to know what the best whiskey is to help me hang myself.
Thanks in advance.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Evan Williams is half the price of Jack Daniels yet significantly better.

Stop buying lovely overpriced burbon filtered through burnt wood idiots.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Evan Williams and Grape Ginger Ale is a perfect combo. FYI.

VVV is "563" the price?

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

ron color posted:

a picture of Kentucky Deluxe

everyone else and every other liquor itt gently caress off forever. boom to the motherfucking boom.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Copley Depot posted:

Evan williams black label

is the correct answer, the original black label

close thread

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

This gets worse the longer you look at it. Expiration date, label applied with tape...

:catstare:

Also I'm going to have to pick up some Evan Williams black label tomorrow from the sound of it. Is it good by itself or does it need to be mixed with something?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vernii posted:

Also I'm going to have to pick up some Evan Williams black label tomorrow from the sound of it. Is it good by itself or does it need to be mixed with something?

The Ape of Naples posted:

Evan Williams and Grape Ginger Ale is a perfect combo. FYI.

I'm actually serious.

kaguya
Apr 4, 2013

It would be pretty funny to see any goon here trying to talk to the opposite sex after a couple of drinks.

naem
May 29, 2011

I have no personality without alcohol so

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Get in the club...Senators Club!

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Well? How is it?

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus
Kessler. Smooth as Silk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Evan Williams is pro-tier whiskey at scrub-tier prices.

Yeah, that poo poo's p deece, it's my go-to bourbon. Over the winter I like putting a shot of it in some hot chai/spiced tea :yum:

Then again I got made fun of for drinking "lovely whiskey" from someone who exclusively spends money on Jameson, lol

• Locked thread