Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mid83
Oct 15, 2012
Sorry if it's already been addressed but I just saw this thread for the first time today. Any info on a potential western release? Seems pretty cool from what I read in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Does your ace element affect the damage you take? Mor from your weakness, less from the same element?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Tx2005 posted:

Any info on a potential western release?

no

Roseo posted:

Does your ace element affect the damage you take? Mor from your weakness, less from the element?

In PVP: yes, you will take extra damage from the element you are weak to and less damage from the element that is weak to yours.

In PVE: no.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 1, 2014

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Day 2's gacha is up. It's a support card bonanza this time. Probably want to roll on either blue or green, unless you seriously want that Ifrina.

Red has Eyepatch (good sub, mediocre main), Mandril (sad) and Ifrina (great attack booster).
Blue has Hera (great healer), Blinguin (great attacker) and Miku (great attack booster).
Green has Snow (great AOE), Aphrodite (great heal/buff) and Dryad (great healer at high sl).

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Once again blue and green are the best choices in today's bonus gacha.
Red: Phoenix (has a goofy looking face, high healing potential), Norun (def debuff, eh), Buffalo (strike, eh)
Blue: Meth addict (high healing potential), Yomi (possibly the best attacker in the game), Tengu (another great attacker)
Green: Athena (low accuracy AOE shield), housemech (wood shithouse, high para proc 3x attack), Peridot (highest skillable multi hit support in the game)

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 2, 2014

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Meme Emulator posted:

I just started playing, anyone want to trade referrals? aede644

Im close to 20 and if anyone wants some stones I could really use a referral from a new palyer

Emalde
May 3, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

Green: Athena (low accuracy AOE shield)

It's not specifically low accuracy, it just only has a chance of working if you've lost HP. The more HP you've lost, the higher the proc chance.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Meme Emulator posted:

Im close to 20 and if anyone wants some stones I could really use a referral from a new palyer

My phone poo poo itself yesterday and I lost my account, so I'll start a new one with your referral. I'll post my code in a second once I get through the tutorial.

Added you, my code is ga4e7b2.

yergacheffe fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 2, 2014

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

yergacheffe posted:

My phone poo poo itself yesterday and I lost my account, so I'll start a new one with your referral. I'll post my code in a second once I get through the tutorial.

Added you, my code is ga4e7b2.

Thanks! Im level 19 now, so youll be getting a bunch of stones soon

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Make sure to check the minireference once in a while, we usually update it with things we learn about the game when japanese sites put out strategy articles.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Aw, have the events ended? I just racked up my second set of 40 stones and was looking forward to Gachaing

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Aw, have the events ended? I just racked up my second set of 40 stones and was looking forward to Gachaing

There'll be another one on the weekend as usual.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

So some research has revealed that there is supposedly a 0.1% (or less) chance for SS cards to be pulled out of the 100PP gacha.

Ultimately, this is meaningless as you will receive infinitely more value from the fairies/gem maroons you pull from the 1kPP gacha, but I guess it's a thing. If anybody is playing this for long enough for their deck to be completely fleshed out, I guess this is what you would start spending those points on.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Naturally this post didn't stop me from giving the 100PP gacha a try.

I wonder who found out about this first and how much difficulty he had convincing others about it. "I swear to god guys, I got this SS card from the pal gacha! :buddy:"

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Is anyone able to put a skill up card guide together? What effects cards have?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Roseo posted:

Is anyone able to put a skill up card guide together? What effects cards have?

yergacheffe was in the middle of working on a basic guide for what icons do what. Most of the skills are fairly obvious once you've seen them in action and personally I just kind of memorize what they do after a while. Is there anything specific you wanted to know about?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Skill ups are just fusing skill up fairies or dudes with the same skill icon, it's not any more complicated than that.

As for yergacheffe's guide;

quote:

Active skills

Active skills are used randomly when a card is played in a hand (but can be guaranteed when you get the skill card that lets you spend SP to activate it on demand. This card is rewarded early on for collecting the treasures from the stages). You can see what type of skill your card has by looking for the icon in the top right corner. Most cards will follow a basic type such as being slashing or piercing property and can have a secondary property such as being fire damage or being multihit or AOE. Some bosses can be particularly weak to a certain type of damage such as pierce. This isn't too important to know starting out but it's something to keep in mind so experiment and see what you can find!

Bite attack
Blunt attack
Clawing attack
Piercing attack
Slashing attack
Fire attack
Water attack
Grass attack

Buff (things like attack or defense up)
Debuff (things like attack or defense down)
Healing
Shield

Status ailment (Some that exist are confusion--chance to attack itself or other enemies, paralyze--chance to skip turn, sleep--cannot act until hit or effect wears off, blindness--lowered accuracy)
Support (cards in this category don't do anything on their own and instead augment one other card in the played hand. Effects can be things like adding AOE or multihit properties. Note that both the support card and another card must activate simultaneously for this to work, but seems to have increased chances to activate randomly.

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006

quote:

Note that both the support card and another card must activate simultaneously for this to work, but seems to have increased chances to activate randomly.

This line: is there ever a case where the support card will not activate after another effect? I've never seen an ability go off without any available support joining it.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Chronomaster posted:

This line: is there ever a case where the support card will not activate after another effect? I've never seen an ability go off without any available support joining it.

Every so often the skill link wont proc if you didn't skill guarantee it, it's just surprisingly rare.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Emalde posted:

So some research has revealed that there is supposedly a 0.1% (or less) chance for SS cards to be pulled out of the 100PP gacha.

You can notice who did this by checking the gacha history during a fest and occasionally seeing people who aren't getting the chosen ones.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Chronomaster posted:

After reading around a bit I think you're correct. The thing that confuses people is that just because you played a support card doesn't mean other cards' skills will automatically activate. If the other cards in the hand are all non-guaranteed, it's possible that none will fire, and neither will the support. However, if a skill does fire, the support will automatically latch on, so there's no need to guarantee a support card. (The last point here is taken straight from Famitsu)

A lot of people who play this game seem to have no clue how support cards actually work, so I'll probably make a post summarising the rules about them later.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wow! I just got two SS cards in one 40stone pull during the current fest, the green babe and the green robot thing. What exactly do these cards do?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Wow! I just got two SS cards in one 40stone pull during the current fest, the green babe and the green robot thing. What exactly do these cards do?

The robot gives a shield. That's not a babe, it's a dude. He does a slash attack and seal debug, the seal is useful during next week's Death God event.

Edit: thanks autocorrect

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Oceanbound posted:

After reading around a bit I think you're correct. The thing that confuses people is that just because you played a support card doesn't mean other cards' skills will automatically activate. If the other cards in the hand are all non-guaranteed, it's possible that none will fire, and neither will the support. However, if a skill does fire, the support will automatically latch on, so there's no need to guarantee a support card. (The last point here is taken straight from Famitsu)

A lot of people who play this game seem to have no clue how support cards actually work, so I'll probably make a post summarising the rules about them later.

Just came off a run where we had a hand that was attack skill (SG), attack skill (no SG), support (no SG), support (no SG). The non-SG attack skill proc'd one of the support cards but the SG card didn't. Unless I'm misremembering.

Bonus gacha having all two monsters in the game with a Holy type skill makes sense with Shinigami coming up, but in sad cause this breaks the pattern of new dungeon, old dungeon that's been going for a while :(

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Looks like i used the wrong terminology. I meant the sp skill cards - the ones that shuffle and capture and the like. There's a number of them upcoming as rewards and in the store and a few in my hand and I have no idea what a number of the card pictures are trying to convey.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is the SP Card menu hosed up for anyone else? Mine just miraculously unfucked the other day, but before that I was stuck on slots 3 to 5 and could never scroll up, and id have to restart the program to see the effects (like slotting a new card)

The ones that say カ-ド化UP! are the Good poo poo, you get a bonus capture chance when you use it. 30% targets 1 card and 50% of your meter for 2. Ive seen other people use a skill that hits all 3 so I guess you unlock it later.

The one with a picture of a monster on it scans the boss and shows you its elemental and attack weaknesses. Useless for elements since you know the weakness already.

I think the ones that say スキル50% cause your cards attack skills to proc more often.

As for デカシャウト, you got me. I think it says you can do a big niconico style shout one time a battle? So its just For Fun? I havent played with it yet.

Those are the only ones I have unlocked so far.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

Just came off a run where we had a hand that was attack skill (SG), attack skill (no SG), support (no SG), support (no SG). The non-SG attack skill proc'd one of the support cards but the SG card didn't. Unless I'm misremembering.

See, this would even break the basic rules of support cards, so I'm skeptical that this actually happened.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

I think the ones that say スキル50% cause your cards attack skills to proc more often.

That one gives a 50% chance of a guaranteed proc. There's another one labeled 絶対発動 which gives a 100% chance of proc and is probably the most important SP skill in the game.

You can also buy SP skills from the medal exchange shop, including + versions of the shuffle skills, which are Colosseum-only but have reduced SP costs compared to the regular versions, Hand Drop, which gives random cards in your hand an ATK boost, and Skill Boost W, which lets one skill boost card proc off of two skills.

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Apr 4, 2014

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Everything you ever needed to know about support cards

Things you should know already: support cards do nothing by themselves. They give bonuses to other skills, like AOE, multihit, or powerup. Used effectively, they can make your life a whole lot easier. Unfortunately, most people have no idea how they work.

Support cards will link with any available activated skill, so theoretically you can just throw them out without guaranteeing them. You'll still need other skills to activate in order for the support card to work though. Support cards will link with skills that have the highest priority, and this priority follows some basic rules:

1. Cards that have been skill guaranteed (SG) have higher priority
2. Non-attack skills have higher priority than attack skills
3. Cards placed first have higher priority

Non-attack skills include heals, shields, skulls, etc. The only exception is Kuroe, who's got a skull skill but counts as attack. What that rule means is that if a non-attack card is played with SG, then it will take a higher priority than any attacking cards, no matter when it's placed. Example (all examples taken from Famitsu):

All cards SG except Snow, ordered by placement (first to last)

J and A are both attack skills, and have been placed before 8 and 4, but 8 is a non-attack skill. As such, it will fire before either J or A. And yes, 4 will also fire before those two. So on this hand, 8 will link with Snow to give everyone a heal.

Since a lot of people don't know this rule, they'll do dumb things like this:

Without the last card in this hand, 4 would have linked with Undine for an AOE attack. Instead, Player 5 stumbles in with an SG non-attack skill which steals the support from 4. In this case 10 will do a garbage AOE poison (with a good chance of missing no less). Player 5 either doesn't know how support works, or doesn't know that his skill is trash. Anyway, this is a lesson in not SG'ing at every possible opportunity. If your card's skill is poo poo, don't boast about it. Think a bit first.

Here's a hand that looks good. All skills are SG, and all are attack. An AOE attack is definitely happening. But whether this is optimal sort of depends on what the enemy is. If the enemies are all blue, for example, then red kid's AOE will be inferior to Blades' AOE (insert jokes about Blades' miss rate here), but red kid has priority thanks to being placed first. Often it helps to pay attention to what cards your teammates have, so you don't steal support from something a lot stronger than your card.

4. Super fusion has higher priority than support

Pretty simple rule, this. It can work a couple of ways. First is the infamous example of Ifrina's super fusion with Phoenix/Apollo/Yohan. Because of the super fusion, Ifrina's powerup support is wiped out. The other way is if a card that would have gotten support fuses with something else:

Without Player 5's intervention, Athena would have linked with Snow for an AOE shield. But now the two Athenas will fuse instead, which in this case provides a much greater benefit than the Snow support. Snow will now link with Blades instead.

5. SG support has higher priority than non-SG support, otherwise it's random

Ok, so normally you don't have to SG support. But it can be useful to do it. Situation one:

The CPU plays their crappy sl1 nymph, which is at first linked with SG Emo Lancelot. Low sl support weakens the linked skill a lot, so in this case Player 5 rides in with an SG sl5 Undine, which steals the support away from the nymph. So one case where you want to SG support is when you want to make sure a certain skill will definitely link with your support card. On the flip side, I've seen horribly stupid stuff happen like a 5th player throwing in an SG sl1 Priquet (AOE) to steal support from a non-SG sl5 Miku (powerup), with just one enemy on the board! The attack that might have gotten a huge boss-killing powerup was instead forced to do a completely pointless and weakened AOE, and the hand was completely ruined. Don't be that person. Situation two:

Now what? J has an SG, but neither support card has SG. When neither support card has SG, it's completely random as to which card provides the support. So in the suicidal Priquet play I was talking about, there was no guarantee that Miku would have linked if the guy hadn't SG'd Priquet, but there was still a chance of it happening. Situation three:

Two SG support, two SG skills. This works the same way as Situation two, so it'll be random as to who supports 3 and who supports A. However, following the basic rules, 3 will fire first, then A. If 4 was also SG, then it would go 3, 4, A, so A would have no support.

List of super fusions that can mess up support, may be incomplete (S above only)
Obviously, all cards will also fuse with themselves.

Ifrina: Phoenix, Apollo, Holy poo poo Yohan
Tichelle (red S support): Catgirl
Undine: Apsaras (blue R support), Merman
Priquet (blue S support): Mermaid, Hydra
Peridot: Lapis Lazuli, Garnet
Ent (green S support): Turtle, Gigas
Johnny: Eyepatch
Snow: Alice, Red

Oceanbound fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 4, 2014

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

What are the gold Marons good for? Ive got an SSRare one but its giving me poo poo EXP

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

What are the gold Marons good for? Ive got an SSRare one but its giving me poo poo EXP

For some reason, nobody (including us) ever seems to realize the obvious the first time: You sell them. :v:

Thanks for that sick post, Oceanbound~

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Where is the gem and girls that you can get s rank attackers that the mini reference mentions? Also, someone mentioned that s and ss units could be gotten from weekend dungeons? Where are those?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

They'll be up in 3 hours.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Ah, OK. I'll ask if I can't find them then then. Thanks.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Back when I first started playing I thought the decision tree for the game was super shallow cause you only have to pick one of four cards, but of late (and this week in particular) I have come to realize that is extremely not the case. poo poo is complicated.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Emalde posted:

They'll be up in 3 hours.

The reference mentions a 6* gem and girls for s attackers but there's only four and eight star versions. Did it just not show up this weekend?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Huh, they reclassed the star ratings for each floor apparently. The names of the difficulties are still the same though.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Re:support cards - Nothing I read mentions this, but I'm starting to believe that if two support cards are played on the same turn, with one being SG and the other not, the non-SG support won't fire even if there are 2 other SG skills in the hand.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Apparently once in a blue moon they let you just straight up buy SS units, $75 for three random ones out of the entire pool :lol: :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3STCWzo4Ww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolling Start
Jan 11, 2012
What do I have to do to get out of the Rookie league? I wouldn't mind playing with teammates who realise that you can actually edit your Colosseum deck.

• Locked thread