Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I do like the general system for Freya giving you information on what's going on up there, but does anyone find the bar-graph kind of... weird? Did she lovingly draw that for Lenneth or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Edge Milesworth posted:

I though the story in VP2 was pretty great but maybe its just because I like the characters it focuses on.

I liked the VP2 story too, though my biggest problem with it was the Alicia of cutscenes basically felt like a completely unrelated character to the Alicia in fights. Just the tone of the voices, the way she talked, etc. Plus I'm pretty sure they hosed up/switched the quotes she shouts out when she's doing a Soul Crush.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Well there's a reason for that. A pretty big one.

I know the reason you're thinking, but Alicia's battle voice doesn't sound like that either. It sounds like a third entirely unrelated person.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Well, this is my favorite story of the Einherjar so far. As it is, that wasn't Valkyrie interpreting the wish, but the lapis. What gets to me about this though is that he doesn't even realize he killed her.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
.... gently caress this one is just kind of grim.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The story is basically a bunch of random and unassociated events, but honestly that feels kind of correct, at least in the context of B ending. Seems to me that at least as far as Odin and Freya are concerned, this is exactly how the Valkyrie should be doing her job really. Grabbing soldiers from anywhere and everywhere, lead an assault on the enemy threat, then back to sleep.

Thematically speaking, I kind of like it.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Huh, in a game with somewhat dodgy voice acting overall, Lezard's voicework is fitting. Smug, insane, fits him to a T.

I like the content here overall. Well, 'like' as in appreciate, cause this is well-done but holy poo poo reprehensible.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Unfortunately Alicia doesn't actually endear herself to the player, and the plot flow has a lot of people being stupid for the sake of the plot. It does pick up after the halfway point though, at least in story.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Why does hard mode add like 3 additional female sorceresses to your group? Like seriously, wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Don't really know what to say, been retyping this stupid post repeatedly. Well, I understand now why people were sort of disappointed with VP2. That's a really hard act to follow, and with Brahm's/Lezard's parting words, people must've been frothing at the mouth for the sequel to follow up on that. So VP2 being a kind of prequel would've been the worst possible narrative cockblock ever.

It's a pity, I do like VP2 for what it is, just that it's really not what people wanted, and I'd probably have agreed with them if I played VP1 before.

Hell, I sort of want to see the recreated world, just because Dipan's random reappearance would've hosed up the political balance a ton.

At any rate, thanks for showing us the VP1 story. To the Seraphic Gate!

• Locked thread