Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
This whole bit just sets the tone for VP so well. Everybody dies.

Also loving the gifs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

I want to see Hai-Lan first for a purely selfish reason: I used that guy for basically the entire game my first run through. Not because of his strength in battle, as I eventually replaced him in my second run with dudes with more combo hits and such, but he was really easy to pick up and use. Like his timing, hitboxes, and movement felt really intuitive and non-finicky to hit with.

Other guy is cool and has that long-running plot, though.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

DontMockMySmock posted:

I think they mean more "aloof" or "cold-hearted" rather than the opposite of "hotheaded."

Not necessarily. Remember, this isn't supposed to be an objective assessment, it's just Odin rating your dudes for his army: he wants loyal, unquestioning soldiers with good battle prowess. Emphasis on "unquestioning" here, he doesn't want someone who he can't convince to sign up for a suicide mission by just saying "hey there's bad guys over there".

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Jun's animations are the loving best.

That Holy Crystal strategy is neat and I definitely didn't know about it when I played, but would it be worthwhile to try to farm EXP crystals off that zombie? Part of my brain lights up when I see that zombie and says "Juggle me for lots of exp!" but I'm not sure if it holds true.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Janus is cool in my book. He looks like a pirate.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

This conversation makes me want to talk about VP1 and VP2's endings, but we haven't gotten to that point. I think the writing's better (less forced?) at the more low-key, personal story level, though.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

I hate Round-Rip Saber, because its damage was awful (if only because I kept comparing it to Nibelung Valesti and DRAGON), its gauge recovery did not help me, and the animation is boring, but the gem fountain is so good...

The first time you connect with that on an airborne enemy and you just see a pile of blue appear, there's no turning back. And this is the first I've heard about a glitch where you can mash the button and make it even better!

And I vote for sending up both the flirt and the lecher, because mages are super interchangeable (as entertaining as Yumei may be) and I want to see Badrach's adventures in Valhalla.

booksnake fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Yo, at the update at the start of the last page, you've got a repeat of Gray's description where Shiho's should be.

• Locked thread