Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
Someone make a legit Zalgo one pls tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

I CAN DUMP MY GIRLFRIEND CAUSE SHE'S LIKE A WHORE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT???

genesplicer posted:

Interestingly, most of my students have seen the original pictures and the vast majority of them (even the christian kids) think that those are really stupid arguments. (Particularly the one about the sunset.)

Can you explain this one to me? It seems less a twisting of language and logic, and more just an outright lie.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

plaguedoctor posted:

Can you explain this one to me? It seems less a twisting of language and logic, and more just an outright lie.

Creationists don't know WTF "theory" means. They think it means a half-baked explanation that you pulled out of your rear end.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Also science is not "a theory". There are countless scientific theories, but science itself isn't them, it's the process of process of studying the world, formulating theories on how it works, and testing them. The definition she uses about it not being observable, repeatable, and testable is also the exact opposite of the truth. Redefining words to be the inverse of their original meaning, and accusing your enemies of being the inverse of what they are? Pure Orwellian bullshit.

In short, most Creationists are simply morons who don't know what they're talking about (like the "why monkeys?" guy), but this one lady is worse than merely being stupid: she is also malicious.

plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

I CAN DUMP MY GIRLFRIEND CAUSE SHE'S LIKE A WHORE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT???

Cat Mattress posted:

The definition she uses about it not being observable, repeatable, and testable is also the exact opposite of the truth.

That's what I meant. I mean, I'm not the brightest bulb in the shack, but I think I at least understand that science is about finding things that are observable, repeatable and testable.

I was just wondering what Genesplicer's take on it was, or at least his students' takes on it, since he's a science teacher and all.

Anyways, sorry for the derail.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

Cat Mattress posted:

In short, most Creationists are simply morons who don't know what they're talking about (like the "why monkeys?" guy), but this one lady is worse than merely being stupid: she is also malicious.

they give money to dudes who say they talk to ghosts dude. theyre idiots. retards are retarded, this aint news baby

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

perfection

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

:vince:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Nice.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

whatever this is it doesnt work

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Frostwerks posted:

whatever this is it doesnt work

What're you talking about. This is:

Logan 5 posted:

perfection

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

amazing, amazing

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

JGBeagle posted:

What're you talking about. This is:

Wasn't working last night. Now is.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rob Ford
Aug 12, 2013

by XyloJW

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

VideoTapir posted:

Creationists don't know WTF "theory" means. They think it means a half-baked explanation that you pulled out of your rear end.

not any rear end, but a monkey's rear end - created by God to store such things.

a monkey's rear end i not a human rear end.

God is great.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Are you trying to make the dude look like Ken Ham?

Because Ken Ham looks like a loving monkey...!

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
I may have been too conservative here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

I may have been too conservative here.

I love this. I don't know what I would do, either.

Oh, and for those of you gleefully unfamiliar with the parts of the United States with no taste, the emblem on this man's hat is, allegedly, a stylized, "tribal" silhouette of a buck deer. Yeah. (Snakes are much better.)
http://www.amazon.com/Browning-Rimf...ng+buckmark+hat

:golfclap:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Darth Continent
Dec 13, 2004

I sense a
disturbance
in my bowels...
Comfortably numb:

Eponymouse