Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

God loving capitalist pigs now I have to pay $8.25 a month instead of $6.58 a month. That's like an entire Doritos Loco Taco down the drain every loving month!!!

Jeff Bezos is literally Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

i have amazon prime student so i only pay $49 a year now. suck my dick

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
you get free lovefilm with prime now.
everything on lovefilm is pure shite.,

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I'm such a massive dweeb i can barely function in day-to-day life

amazon's really got me by the balls on this one

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Would be worth it if they made an Android streaming app.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

roboshit posted:

Yeah that's how BEZOS gets you HOOKED!

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
would be worth it if they made an app for streaming the ops threads to the gas chamber

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006
goddammit!

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

roboshit posted:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Not so much mad, but I think it's an insult to people's intelligence when they announced that it was going to go up by $20 - $40. That was so extremely obvious that they were going to raise it by $20, and they just added the $40 in so people would be less angry about it.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
wait really

thats gay

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i don't have amazon prime

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
so split the amazon prime membership in the prime thread problem sovled

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ flaggy's sig is a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

roboshit posted:

it only lasts a year unless you get a new email.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Al Borland posted:

it only lasts a year unless you get a new email.

ive had it for 5 years now

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Rosalind posted:

God loving capitalist pigs now I have to pay $8.25 a month instead of $6.58 a month. That's like an entire Doritos Loco Taco down the drain every loving month!!!

Jeff Bezos is literally Hitler.

Sever

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

roboshit posted:

ive had it for 5 years now

Why the gently caress did mine go up then? God dammit I must investigate.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Al Borland posted:

Why the gently caress did mine go up then? God dammit I must investigate.

iirc i got it for free for the first year then it was $40 a year. maybe your college has different agreements

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Copley Depot posted:

i don't have amazon prime

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
you can split amazon prime with your friends and pay basically nothing

you guys are suckers

Matchstick
Jul 10, 2004

Twenty bucks!? Per year!?! This is bullsh.... Oh wait, I have a job. This Prime increase is of no consequence to me.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

roboshit posted:

i HAD that when it was free and then i was too lame to pay :(

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Dr. Carwash posted:

you can split amazon prime with your friends and pay basically nothing

you guys are suckers

you're assuming I have friends

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Amazon prime is awesome. 12 orders placed so far this year. 98 last year. No shipping paid on anything. $20 for my share of a prime account.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Honestly I wish amazon would divorce their instant service from Prime Shipping. I don't use their instant viewing at all, but I'm paying for it with prime.

naem
May 29, 2011

I don't feel like getting out of bed, can amazon prime teleport me some breakfast?

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
I've had free amazon prime for years. I don't know how. I know they aren't billing me because I've changed banks a couple of times.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
lol u guys still BUY ur products? It's the year of our lord 2014, I just use my threedee printer to print everything :smug:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Eldragon posted:

Honestly I wish amazon would divorce their instant service from Prime Shipping. I don't use their instant viewing at all, but I'm paying for it with prime.
Are you one of those guys that gets upset when he discovers his health insurance covers a hysterectomy?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
i have the weirdest issue with amazon that even amazon themselves have yet to figure out

my one email address has two amazon accounts somehow. both have a different password; same email address.

if i use one password, the "prime member" thing shows up. if i use the other password, it doesn't.

it's a huge pain in the dick because my digital purchases are tied to the one without prime, so sometimes i accidentally buy digital poo poo while under my prime account, so now i have all my kindle books and mp3s and poo poo spread across "two accounts" and i use quotation marks because it's the same fuckin email address for both, just a different password

when i called up the guy said "i never saw this before in my life"

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

roboshit posted:

amazon prime student is free at my uni

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
WHERE WILL I WATCH STARGATE ATLANTIS NOW??

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

roboshit posted:

iirc i got it for free for the first year then it was $40 a year. maybe your college has different agreements

yeah thats how it is for me. free the first year, then $40 until my .edu expires

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

Amazon Instant Video has one problem: if you can name a particular movie you want to see, it won't be available. Oh, there are lots of other good movies. Just not the ones you wanted.

I'm not paying $4 to rent Robocop 3.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

What are the main series/movies that Prime has over Netflix?

I think it's some BBC series and kids' shows, maybe?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Syntax Erin posted:

Amazon Instant Video has one problem: if you can name a particular movie you want to see, it won't be available. Oh, there are lots of other good movies. Just not the ones you wanted.

I'm not paying $4 to rent Robocop 3.

So it's exactly the same as Netflix. Just available on less devices.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Maldoror posted:

Not so much mad, but I think it's an insult to people's intelligence when they announced that it was going to go up by $20 - $40. That was so extremely obvious that they were going to raise it by $20, and they just added the $40 in so people would be less angry about it.

i was kind of insulted that they sent me an email saying they were raising it because of gas prices and bad video streams. everyone loves to randomly jack up subscription fees, but you can't just make up stories about how the extra $20 is because amazon is low on gas money

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Knight posted:

Are you one of those guys that gets upset when he discovers his health insurance covers a hysterectomy?

No. But I'm one of those guys that would be mad to find out health insurance covers streaming video.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

i have the weirdest issue with amazon that even amazon themselves have yet to figure out

my one email address has two amazon accounts somehow. both have a different password; same email address.

if i use one password, the "prime member" thing shows up. if i use the other password, it doesn't.

it's a huge pain in the dick because my digital purchases are tied to the one without prime, so sometimes i accidentally buy digital poo poo while under my prime account, so now i have all my kindle books and mp3s and poo poo spread across "two accounts" and i use quotation marks because it's the same fuckin email address for both, just a different password

when i called up the guy said "i never saw this before in my life"
I'm willing to bet you used a gmail account and you signed up at amazon twice, once with example.account@gmail.com and once with exampleaccount@gmail.com.

If I'm right please buy my prime for the next year, tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

FogHelmut posted:

So it's exactly the same as Netflix. Just available on less devices.

a feature not a bug

• Locked thread