Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz
I rarely go out for lunch on my own dime but today I wanted to watch my school play their conference tournament game at noon.

Can't pull $12 lunches every day but I enjoyed this one.

nickutz fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Ethanfr0me posted:

Needed a new belt for a job interview. Got one from Banana Republic, put masking tape over the price tags, got the job, then returned it today. $60 saved. Old ratty belt still works just fine :)

Any time I need accessories like belts, ties, socks and even wallets or sunglasses I check Marshall's first. Designer ties for like $10-12, compared to almost $50 at Macy's.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Veskit posted:

Sardines! 100% sardines. Frugal healthy and delicious.

drat, I gonna suggest sardines after reading that GBS thread! But while they are healthy, delicious and cheap; your colleagues will hate you for causing that fishy smell.

I second greek yogurt though. Love that poo poo.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I have my own office and still won't bring tuna or sardines to work.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I saved a ton with Progressive and their SnapShot plug in thing discount. I shop my insurance every six months before renewing and haven't gotten a better price.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I don't have AAA or any roadside assistance, but a few of my friends have had their rear end saved out on the highway by having it.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I have a giant crack in my windshield. If I had caught it before it spread my insurance would have fixed it for free. Now I have to replace the whole thing. :(

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Couple friends of mine got married last year and they had a simple wedding, I'm not sure how much it cost but it was likely frugal because they are modest people. What got me was that while the groom was paying for the reception, the brides father insisted that there was a full open bar. Apparently when the argument first came up the groom and her dad left not on speaking terms. My friend wanted open beer and wine, with cash liquor, which I find totally reasonable, and thats what it ended up being. In my opinion, if he wanted the open liquor he could have ponied up the difference.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

Right now?

What about now?

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Transmogrifier posted:

:sigh: I lost 80 dollars in cash the other day. I really need to get into the better habit of putting my money in my wallet instead of my pocket. On the other hand, I got nearly ten hours of overtime so my next check will sort of make up for the dumb mistake.

On the other hand you will maybe find this cash when doing laundry sometime in the future, long after you have forgotten about it.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I know Ramsey helps a lot of people but they almost create this cult around him.

A friend's sister works as a bank teller and keeps copies of one of Dave's book at her station to give out to customers if she thinks they need his advice.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

tuyop posted:

I get calls a couple of times a year to literally double or triple my credit limits. I usually say yes.

"Sir you have the aspire minimum smart infinite no fee visa black ice platinum with a credit limit of $1500. We see that you're eligible for a credit increase of $8000. Can I put that through for you?"

"Yeah, that's hilarious but why not! Better utilization ratio!"

I think at this point we have more than our annual income in available credit. Should we worry about this at all?

Just having the credit available doesn't hurt you.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I got my first card when I was 18 from Citi (back before the crisis and credit flowed like water) with a line of $600 and by the time I finished college they had raised it to almost $14,000. I never asked for an increase once and the only income I had was part time work for beer money.

nickutz fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 4, 2014

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Bugamol posted:

I took up golfing.

What have I done. :shepspends:

I did this last year and :shepspends: exactly.

globalgolf.com and eBay are best friends (or mortal enemies) of a BFC golfer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Harry posted:

I thought 5k deductibles were killed off with obamacare.

Mine is $6800 I believe.