Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

The International is Over! Don't bother watching the grand finals :puckout:

Liveposting mostly in our Pro Dota Watchin' Thread

Welcome to the 8th DOTA2 Thread! We have a long OP, but you should read it! Zeus help you if you post before reading the third post of this op!
:dota101:For totally new players check out the frog sirened NEW PLAYERS section before posting! Remember: One Game and One Training Bullet Point before posting!:dota101:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dotagoons is the steam group
#dotes is the irc channel
In game we have guild GOON, just ask in the LLJK chat in game and you'll get an invite.

4th Thread* (Archives)
Probation Earned: 5 Months 2 weeks 3 days 6 Hours
Number of Bans: 2
5th Thread* (Archives)
Probations Earned: 4 Months 1 weeks 1 days 12 Hours
Number of Bans: 4
6th Thread* (Archives)
Probations Earned: 2 Months 1 Weeks 2 Days 6 Hours
Number of Bans: 3
7th Thread* (Archives)
Probation Earned: 3 Months 3 Weeks 5 Days 12 Hours
Number of Bans: 3

What is DotA/2?

DOTA2, simply, is the new engine sequel/remake to/of DotA. It makes sense to start with that then:

DotA, or Defense of the Ancients, is a Warcraft III mod that involves two teams of five players competing against each other to take down their opponents' bases. While the base engine of DotA may have been an RTS, the game plays more like a hourlong RPG; each team's army units (known as "creeps") simply attack move to the enemy base in three lanes (bottom, middle, and top) and each player in DotA controls one of 100+ heroes, and gains gold and experience to buy items that can drastically boost their powers. As a single game takes around 40-60 minutes and every individual member is integral in the team's success, the game is highly competitive!

DOTA2 has a full team at Valve working on it. Most importantly, Icefrog, the current developer of WC3-DotA is working on DOTA2. There are a few goons on the valve team floating around the thread as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akUNmFAzS98

Pyrion Flax posted:

I made a dumb video about my experiences with Dota2 to date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f-jR3Vo3Rw

I wrote a history-thing about Dota 1's creation for TMC here.

Who plays DotA?

Today, almost a decade after its inception, DotA has an estimated 10 million players on battle.net, Garena, and other international servers. A patch can get up to six million downloads in a day.

The competitive scene is ridiculously large and alive as well; from the Chinese dynasties CCM and LGD frought with succession drama to the old-school European dominators like MYM, OK, and Na'Vi, competitors are drawn from all over the world. This large playerbase contributes to a diversity of playstyles and strategies, and the large hero pool and monthly patches ensure that the game never gets stale. Recently as well, Starcraft I/II heavy hitters TeamLiquid have officially began supporting DOTA2 as one of their games. You can now find competitive info and a TL team, just check their site!

Gosugamers, JoinDotA, and now TeamLiquid have all the competitive news and streams you could want.

:frogsiren:NEW PLAYERS:frogsiren:

Most of you fucks wonderful people won't read the whole OP before jumping in, then ask 'hey wat do i do ive never played' in the thread. Here are some things you can do to avoid this unhappy fate
  • Watch the 'How to play Dota2 in 4 minutes' video above
  • Read this
  • Check out the official guide here
  • If you have time, watch this.
Well should I just do bot games until I'm pro?
Some people find that bot games are less anxiety producing than jumping straight into a normal match. This may be true, but you'll see from even a bot game that there are plenty of people just as bad as you are. Still, I think I'd recommend your first game be a bot game just so you can get a feel of how the game controls, and how you buy things from the shop.

What hero should I play?
General recommendations for new players include
AGI: Viper (Carry, Ranged) or Ursa (Carry/Ganker, Melee)
STR: Sven (Carry/Ganker, Melee) or Tidehunter (Support, Melee)
INT: Lich (Support, Ranged) or Shadow Shaman (Ganker/Support, Ranged)

AVOID: Chen, Enchantress, Meepo, Visage, Invoker

All this being said, if you've done at least one of the above bullet points, and played a single game, feel free to ask any questions you have in the thread. It's just that 'I'm am entirely new and don't know what I don't know' isnt a very helpful point of reference for us!

IF YOU'RE COMING FROM LEAGUE OR HON: Welcome! Read the Transitioning to DOTA guide in the second post!

The International

The International 2014 has started!

It runs this year July 18-21 (Though qualifiers started on the 12th of May)

Here are the invitees this year. The bottom four teams will be competing for the wildcard. More details on the exact format of the tournament can be found here.

So, what is The International?

Every year, Valve sponsors an over one million dollar tournament, with free broadcasts in multiple languages.
Yes, you read that correctly. OVER $1,000,000. $4,000,000 jesus $10,000,000 loving dollars

All of the VODs for the Internationals past are available here. Be aware that TI2011 is a lot of farming however. Here's some quick info on what's what from each year, be aware that if you want to watch them all there may be spoilers if you click on the matches listed.

TI2011:
Champions:Na'Vi (Ukraine)
Set to Watch: The Semifinals and Finals

TI2012:
Champions: iG (China)
Set to Watch: LGD vs Navi

TI2013:
Champions: The Alliance (Sweden)
Set to Watch: Liquid vs TongFu and Na'Vi vs Alliance

TI2014:
Champions: Newbee (China)
Games to Watch: EG vs Vici Game 2 LB Finals and C9 vs Vici Game 2 LB

This sounds awfully similar to...

Yes, all those games that seem familiar (LoL, HoN, Demigod, Bloodline Champions, Realm of the Titans) are all DotA-likes (or Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas aka MOBA or Action Real-Time Strategy aka ARTS). Make no mistake though, DotA2 may be prettier and have some new tricks, but in terms of mechanics and gameplay, it is the direct reincarnation of DotA. Direct. As in dont complain about last hitting in this thread, of course it's in. Discussions about mechanics are welcome, just consider that almost every mechanic in dota2 is a direct design decision, and isn't just a legacy feature.

Sounds good, how do I play?

Dota2 has officially launched! Just go to the page in the store and you can play! There's some sort of 'queue' when you go to install it but from what I've heard it goes by very quickly.

Other Info
  • DotA2 uses Valve's Source engine: global lighting, cloth simulation, and integrated voice chat are part of the game.
  • AI bots will eventually take over for disconnected players (maybe), and are available to play against in unranked training matches as well.
  • Some hero skills work slightly better with the replacement of the Warcraft III engine with the Source engine. Examples include Rubik's Spellsteal.
  • Valve has integrated Steamworks. You can create and submit new items which get voted on and potentially added on a weekly basis.
  • There are several available matchmaking modes, currently including All Pick (Any Hero), Single Draft (Select between 1 of 3 heroes, 1 per attribute), Captain's Mode (Draft of most heroes, captain makes picks), Random Draft (Pool of 20 heroes, players make picks), All Random (Everyone gets a random hero + bonus gold), Captain's Draft (Like Random Draft with a banning/picking captain), and Least Played (All Pick, but your top 40 most played heroes are unavailable)
  • A coaching system where veteran players can help out new players. "The coach sees the pupil's screen, and gets private voice and chat channels to communicate with them. The coach probably won't be able to take control of anything directly (once again, the details are currently under discussion)." This system is nearing release
  • The game is F2P with a cosmetic shop. All heroes are unlocked, you buy cosmetic items:

quote:

It is important to Dota's competitive design that all players have access to all Heroes and that players can't purchase a competitive advantage. We solve that in a simple way, the game is free, all the Heroes are free, and items are earnable in-game. That means, you'll never have to pay to play and win at Dota.
What does this game even look like?

You can watch some streams! See the next post for some recommendations. There are also some pictures/fanart at the end of the post. Some reviews have said it looks dated but they're honestly really mind-numbingly dumb.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSFPIwMEq4

What's the deal with the store? This poo poo is expensive? What is a chest? I still can't read the op so this section also has :siren:TRADING INFO:siren: in it?

The store in DOTA2 works very similarly to TF2's store. You can buy individual items for prices varying from about 50 cents to 7+ dollars, or bundles of items for a group priced discount. Anything (not bundles) in the store can also drop in game, with the notable exception of Unusual Couriers, which only drop from chests.

Chests are the other random things you'll see dropping at the end of games. They don't do gently caress all, but you can buy a key for 2.50$ from the store to open it. You now just buy chests, and keys for new chests don't exist at all. All chests can just be opened now, but they don't drop anymore. Opening a chest will yield one random item or set from the list of items in the chest description, but like all good gambles also has a small (1%) chance of containing something super cool! You can't get duplicates of a given normal item/set until you've opened enough chests to get one of each. The super cool things are unusual couriers, which is a courier with a coolio superneat effect attached to it. They can look something like this.

Generally the advice is 'dont open chests', since unusuals aside anything you want from them is probably worth less than the chest costs, and you can just trade for it.

:siren: Don't post trades in this thread, we have a thread for that HERE

If you want to spend real money on Dota items but want them cheaper, goon Captain Invictus sells steam things, including dota items, for a discount.

Also for trading, the Steam Marketplace which was recently added currently supports the selling of Chests, Keys, and Vintage (Green Quality) Items all items.

What's this about a Test Beta Client?

Test patches come out occasionally, if no big bugs are left, they push it to live the next day.

When you get in the beta you'll notice a second client: Dota 2 Test. It's purpose is supposedly to find major bugs before they go on to live beta client, in actuality it's a bunch of people sitting in bot games playing the new hero if there is one. There's only 2000 slots available on the test servers, so nobody really uses it. You don't need to bother installing it.

Links

Current Events

Check out our PRO DOTA2 THREAD: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3601662
If you want to find the VOD for a match, check out DotaCinema's VOD site, it's real good!

Latest Patch - June Timeframe

http://blog.dota2.com/2014/06/new-team-matchmaking/

Highlights posted:

- Reworked Team Matchmaking into Matchmaking at large
- Compendium Rewards as they're unlocked, more or less

In-Game Stuff

To join an inhouse:
  • Go to the Play tab
  • Find a Lobby
  • Private Games
  • Type in the password given into that box and hit search. The password is usually lljk, or lljk2, etc
Console and Autoexec commands:
To input any of these commands, add "-console" to the launch options for DotA2 on steam. You can also make a file called autoexec.cfg in X:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg, and put in commands that you would put in console to have the automatically executed when the game starts.

There is also an (new) generator for this here.
  • chat_join lljk - Automatically joins a chat channel when you start dota, in this case, lljk.
  • con_enable 1 - Adds the console to your game, same as adding -console to the launch options. Press ` (by default) in game to toggle console.
  • dota_health_per_vertical_marker 200 - Changes how much health each of those bars is; by default it's 200, you might want to change it to 100 if you play League or want more accurate health bars.
  • dota_minimap_misclick_time 0 - You can up the time on this to set how long your mouse has to be on the minimap to click on it, if you constantly click on the minimap by accident.
  • dota_force_right_click_attack 0 - Right click deny Change the 0 to a 1 to enable it.
  • dota_disable_range_finder 1 - Range indicators If you set this to 0, you'll see a small red/green bar from your character to your mouse pointer that makes spell ranges much more visible than looking at the mouse cursor changing alone.
  • dota_sf_old_heropedia "1" Old hero learn tab thing? I dont know why you'd want it but there.
Credit to Minrad

Stuff to Change in Options:
  • To remove camera pan acceleration, put the 'camera acceleration' bar all the way to the right. I'd also put the camera speed bar to the right.
  • Your hotkeys start out silly, move the item hotkeys somewhere off of the numpad (like alt qweasd) and change your level-up skill and stats hotkey to something you can get without moving your hand super far (I use Z and X) Forgot to mention: B for buy! I'd like to set C to center on my hero but it wont let me.
  • Enable double activate item and enable shop hotkeys in Game (if you want, I plan on learning to buy from the shop)
  • Turn the render slider all the way to the right!
Credit to Gokuesque

Changing recommended items:
  • Go to your steam/steamapps/common/dota 2 beta/dota/itembuilds folder.
  • Paste "item" "item_tpscroll" in every hero's core item list.
  • Don't like having Mask of Madness as a core item on Night Stalker? Want an urn instead? Change that stuff all in the file.
  • There's a dota2alttab item list here.
  • http://dota2-itemchanger.googlecode.com/files/dota2itemchanger.zip - A program made to do the same thing, but easier. Requires .NET
    How to use the program:
    1. Unzip anywhere
    2. Run dota2itemchanger.exe, select a hero, and then drag&drop items from the left to the starting/early/... box in the right (the box appears after you select the item type at the top)
    3. Click save (you will get warnings if you don't add any items for a category)
    4. A new .txt file (for example, default_antimage.txt) will be created in the current directory. You can open it in notepad and check it, maybe make modifications about the item order
    5. Create a backup of the default hero itembuild (for example, c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\itembuilds\default_antimage.txt)
    6. Copy the file from 4. to the location mentioned at 5.
    7. Start the game, create a practice game and check if everything is ok
Other Useful Scripts:
  • http://pastebin.com/FxPCueM8 - Adds aliases to search for hon and dota1 item names. Goes into "...\dota 2 beta\dota\scripts\npc", make sure to make a backup. Credit lprsti99
  • http://pastebin.com/pew7W7A2 - Courier Autofetch script. Goes into autoexec.
  • AND ON THE THIRD DAY IT WAS REBORN: NBA JAM ACCOUNCER
  • http://www.dota2layout.com/ - An online layout editor so you can make pretty pictures of dicks jizzing out agi carries and share it with the rest of the world more easily.
  • http://pastebin.com/EVQKkxgn - If the dota:// links dont work for you, running this (saved as a .reg) will fix it. Make sure you change the M:/ path to the correct drive/path for your dota2 installation

Ancient words of wisdom...

Long ago in a distant land, I, Terrorblade, the shape shifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil. But a foolish samurai juggernaut wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time, and flung him into the future where my evil is law. Now the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Terrorblade.

Don't play with tcjimbo.

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Goon Streams

Abadgoon, a shared stream, ask me via PM or IRC or Thread if you want to join!
Wangsbig
Protokoll
chronofx
Skyl3lazer
Lost-Viking/Hiid
Mezmerize
PyrionFlax
Headliner aka SelfKnockout
swmmrmanshen
dickboss
SuicideTrooper
PyronicEX
Shukaro
JollyPubJerk
Minrad
Ussr
MuffinMan
Cyborgmatt (Some DotA2, some datamining)
(if anyone else has a stream let me know via pm or on irc, as Skyl3lazer)

Other Streams

http://streamdota2.com/ tends to have every stream on it
Saltybet Dota!
Tobi-Wan, big-name English dota caster
Beyond the Summit
Luminous, another caster on BTS

Training Materials

Transitioning to DotA
League of Legends
  • Where did all my mana just go?
    You spent it all on that one ability! Generally mana pools start out much smaller and abilities are much more expensive. Some Heroes can't even cast a spell more than once off a full bar at level 1. Don't expect to be aggressive from level 1 in the same way you can in LoL. You will eat through your mana potions and sit there vulnerable.
  • What are all these stats? How do I build Bloodthirster?
    Itemization in DotA is very different than LoL. All Heroes have three stats, Str, Agi, Int. Str increases health and health regen. Agi increases armor and attack speed. Int increases mana and mana regen. Each hero has one stat as their primary, increasing that stat increases your attack damage. Itemization is pretty confusing but you can still build +damage and +attack speed.
  • That's cool, but where's my AP, how do abilities hit harder?
    As a general rule, ability damage only scales with rank, unless it explicitly scales off something else. Some items and abilities reduce magic resist, which effectively increases damage, but it's impractical to explicitly stack these.
  • Where are the bushes? How did that guy disappear up some stairs?
    Dota has no tall grass, it does have elevation. You can't see up onto higher ground so try to always ward higher ground as it gives more visibility.
  • Hey, where did my gold go!?
    You dropped some of it when you died. You can never lose gold from killing other Heroes. Other gold is "unreliable."
  • What's this courier thing?
    You don't have to go back to the fountain to buy. You can buy from anywhere! However, you can't retrieve the items you bought until you go back to the fountain and pick them up, or have the courier deliver them to you.
  • How do I b?
    You have to buy teleport scrolls. You can teleport with them to any friendly tower or your fountain. It's a quick cast and isn't interrupted by damage so you can use it as an escape against anyone without an interrupt.
  • This store is confusing!
    Yeah, pretty much. In addition to the stat stuff, nearly every higher end item has an on use effect or passive or both. Make sure you read up on items and make sure to use their abilites! Also each side has a "Secret Shop" in the jungle you have to go to for certain items.
  • Some other notes:
    Last hitting during early game is comparatively difficult to LoL since you do a very small amount of damage to creeps.
    Press A then click to last hit your own creeps for denials.
    Top and Bottom are not symmetrical.
    The jungle is huge and confusing as poo poo I'm still working this out also stuff hits hard.
    Alt is ping, Y is a chatwheel.
    There are gems in the river that do things! Just ping them for your team since you don't know what you're doing.
    Places on the map with eyeball graffiti are good places for wards.
    There's like 900x more CC abilities in this than LoL, watch your positioning.
Credit to mango sentinel
Heroes of Newerth
  • If you played HoN during it's beta, it won't be all that different for you. If not, read on!
  • Turn rates are drastically slower in dota than in HoN. This is at the top because the first thing you'll think upon playing your first DotA2 game is 'why is it lagging'. It isn't lag, heroes in this game have slower turn rates, and in some cases slower cast times (think pre buff Jereziah or Torturer)
  • There is a secret shop where HoN has observatories, as well as side shops. Some items are only available at these shops, and cannot be bought in base.
  • Many heroes that HoN has that came from DotA have been reworked in HoN or DotA since they were transferred. Important examples include Rampage/Spiritbreaker, and Keeper/Treant

Smite
  • heh

Fanart!

Feel free to post fanart in the thread without accompanying dota-related post. Make sure you source your art if you can, and LINK NWS STUFF.

Also note: There is a very loving thin line with NWS art and if you cross it you will probably be banned. NWS art is for funny fanart that shows a tit, not for posting hardcore dota porn you sick gently caress.

http://i.imgur.com/v8lgd.jpg(Slightly NWS)

Lots more, some NWS

Promos (Big versions of these available on the DotA2 Blog site):

also some Here

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 16, 2014

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Posting Guidelines

The DotA threads had historically been areas of incredibly low effort/low content/generally lovely posts. We are breaking this tradition. Keep your posts in this thread congenial and useful. The mods watch this thread very closely so don't think you'll be an exception with your smugpost. Here are some rules to help you avoid getting yourself probated and banned.

• Do NOT import any external drama into this thread. IRC drama especially is generally an instaprobo or ban
  • Nobody cares what you think of another dota-esque game
  • Don't gimmickpost about how good you are or whatever
  • If you disagree with someone, that's fine, but explain why you disagree
  • Try not be be stupidly insulting to your fellow posters
  • No callouts
  • If you post your stats you better loving have some content too. MS Paints of the game are also acceptable.
  • No racist/homophobic/whatever posts. There are people from all over the world playing, and we are all just as bad as each other.
  • NO COMPLAINS ABOUT THE CHATMUTE SYSTEM. YOU PROBABLY DESERVED IT STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.
  • Don't circlejerk. This isn't a war zone, it's a thread.
  • I guess don't post your stream link a lot

If you think someone is breaking the forum rules, report them and let the mods deal with it. DO NOT REPORT MULTIPLE POSTS BY THE SAME PERSON. DO NOT REPORT PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH THEM. The above list is not comprehensive, it's just based on what people have been probated for in the past. Be nice, and have fun discussing DOTA 2!

:siren:

Zoolooman posted:

Hey Dota friends, let's break some stuff down. The thread was closed for good reasons! I hope a day of cooldown gave everyone some time to think. I know I'm going to stop stupid arguments earlier, because we're the community that can turn a molehill into a mountain.

Now I'm opening it back up with a general warning to cut poo poo out. Threads are a privilege, not a right, and if someone tries to sink it for everyone, I'll ban them. Look below for details!
  • We aren't capable of having a chat ban / reports system discussion without some posters having a meltdown over their "rights" to be assholes to strangers in a video game. From now on out, this subject is added to the "why we can't have nice things" list of forbidden Dota topics.
  • The SA reports system is not here for you to report someone you're arguing with simply because you don't like them. While I was busy doing real life things, jackasses generated more than a dozen frivolous reports simply because someone implied that their opinion was wrong. They couldn't win an argument, so they passive-aggressively reported every post for certain posters, going back pages, in the hopes that I would eventually crumble (?) and probate them.
  • This is a bad plan. I will punish you if you make many, many frivolous reports. This isn't a request to stop reporting. One frivolous report will be perfectly safe and I'll just ignore it. Just don't report someone 6 times.
  • You don't get to choose whether or not we have a Dota 2 thread. If you ever post something even implying that we shouldn't have a thread, I will put you away for a long time.
  • If you have any serious concerns about the direction of the thread or about current drama, message me on Steam before you try to take matters into your own hands.
Don't be loving idiots and we'll continue to have free discussion. Don't abuse the report system or I'll destroy you. Whining about a chat ban is instant destruction and should go into the OP as a new rule for the Dotes threads.
:siren:

Length of Probation earned in DotA2 Thread #8: 0 Years 0 Months 3 Weeks 41 Days 0 Hours
Number of Bans: 0

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 9, 2014

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Ground floor new dota thread bring back Boner Lord

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

74 posts away god damnit :negative:

On Topic: new patch today but it is nothing but hats. New Meepo set has a nice little hat.

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 14, 2014

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Gotta remember the pub DotA rule: Don't play a build that your team hasn't heard about, else you'll be reported by 3 people for communication abuse because "naga can't mid, noob."

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
If you only have 2.8k MMR don't feel bad. You're probably just a working professional and don't have time for kids games. You heard it here first, friends.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

What hero would Stone Cold Steve Austin play?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

killstealing posted:

Ground floor new dota thread bring back Boner Lord

Everyone hurry and buy the Bonerlord set before it gets updated. It has a mask so you can pretend your true King is still in there :unsmith:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Endorph posted:

Tiny because he throws people.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

I can't agree that he was better as a skeleton, because the bonelord 2.0 set looks rad as hell and is going in soon.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Endorph posted:

Brewmaster.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

I can't agree that he was better as a skeleton, because the bonelord 2.0 set looks rad as hell and is going in soon.

A skeleton is a lot cooler than a pea soup ghost.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Length of Probation earned in DotA2 Thread #8: 0 Years 0 Months 0 Weeks 0 Days 0 Hours

This is quite possibly the most impressive thing I have ever seen.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

But Not Tonight posted:

Retire this thread now, while we're still ahead!

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

But Not Tonight posted:

JP got banned in the last thread I thought..

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Aw man I had just typed up a post about how I get jerky teammates and I am considering it's maybe because of the times I'm able to play and now it's gone.

Anyway, Puck is the best hero.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Enigma89 posted:

JP got banned in the last thread I thought..

That's for the current thread. Stats for thread 7 are up at the top.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I haven't played dota for 25 days. Time to start again i guess.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
This is thread #8, the 0 0 0 0 is about this thread I think.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Together we can figure out this incredibly obvious fact.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I haven't played since a week-ish after Phoenix was added, and I can't trawl through 8,000 posts in the last thread. Did anything good ever come of him or was he relegated to being a useless piece of poo poo?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Skyl3lazer posted:

Length of Probation earned in DotA2 Thread #8: 0 Years 0 Months 0 Weeks 0 Days 0 Hours

Seriously? I thought at least JPJ got probated for vomiting up an essay about Invoker players loving up his MMR.

EDIT:

killstealing posted:

Oh duh :downs:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Davincie posted:

Together we can figure out this incredibly obvious fact.

Maybe figure out how to lasthit creeps I dunno??

Ezekiu
Oct 18, 2008

I'm out in the club and I'm sippin' that bub, and you're not gonna reach my telephone.

Endorph posted:

Lich. Stay frosty

dereekb
Nov 7, 2010

What do you mean "error"?

Tsurupettan posted:

I haven't played since a week-ish after Phoenix was added, and I can't trawl through 8,000 posts in the last thread. Did anything good ever come of him or was he relegated to being a useless piece of poo poo?

Still haven't managed to play him yet despite being a support lover, but the consensus is that he is a very fun hero.

Ezekiu
Oct 18, 2008

I'm out in the club and I'm sippin' that bub, and you're not gonna reach my telephone.

Enigma89 posted:

Tiny because he throws people.

Nah that's the Rock's job.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I haven't been in the top 10 posters for a couple threads :toot:

Today I had a game where a Storm Spirit on my team was angered that I purchased a blink dagger on Rubick instead of a Mekansm and spent the rest of the game farming the opposite side of the map while we struggled 4v5 against their teamfight-oriented lineup. Our Disruptor had a Mek faster than I would've gotten it, but that didn't seem to matter to Storm! Ranked Matchmaking is for experienced players looking for a competitive environment.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Enigma89 posted:

74 posts away god damnit :negative:

On Topic: new patch today but it is nothing but hats. New Meepo set has a nice little hat.

Ban the top 10 posters every time there's a new thread.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

DOTA 2 owns I have over 600 hours in dota and still can't do MMR

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

killstealing posted:

It's still kinda impressive.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

He/She is really good and also a lot of fun to play. Good job Icefrog.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Skyl3lazer posted:

That's for the current thread. Stats for thread 7 are up at the top.

Well gently caress I am so dumb and bad at reading :saddowns:

In that case, thread 7 was worse than #6, COME ON YOU FUCKS KEEP IT AT 0.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Man I always end up wondering how I got so many posts in the last thread.

Bone King Arcana please, Valve.

Wargigargle
Sep 8, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

She is huge fun, very item independent, has a nice selection of utility nukes, good for mid, offlane, and in a dual lane, and has a great ult with a BKB piercing stun. However, she has no other stuns, her ult stun is unreliable, has terrible starting armor, most of her damage is magic based, and instead of burst damage, it is damage over time. Play Phoenix and have fun, she is a pretty solid hero in pubs at least.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Tsurupettan posted:

Nerdbird is pretty incredible at area denial and loving up carries with his outrageous attack speed slows and giant DoT. Just don't pick him if you team is 4 hard carries with no stuns and expect magic.

Also Phoenix is not a girl it's name is Icarus. :colbert:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I refuse to play this game until Bonerlord Set 2.0 comes out.

Tsurupettan posted:

Burd is super cool and I am waiting for it to be added to CM so the pros can make sick plays and Aegis dive steals.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Casting TECS tonight in a little bit, come watch some NA Dota and hang out in chat http://twitch.tv/pyronicex

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Endorph posted:

Huskar, obviously.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Cuchulain posted:

Nerdbird is pretty incredible at area denial and loving up carries with his outrageous attack speed slows and giant DoT. Just don't pick him if you team is 4 hard carries with no stuns and expect magic.

Also Phoenix is not a girl it's name is Icarus. :colbert:

• Locked thread