Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Aferisan posted:

Would Mask of Madness Lifestealer ever be a thing?

Unless his ult purges the rage, he benefits from the movespeed, the attack speed, and hell he's magic immune so not much counter-initiation would be going on. The only issue is he has crap for armor but I suppose with the double heal it wouldn't be too big of an issue.

I mean you could argue that his kit is already good on all accounts, he has his slow that grants lifesteal, and his rage already gives the AS buff, so all you're really getting is movespeed but I find that when I play LS movespeed is the biggest issue. Its why people go phase/drums racecar build.

e: meant his rage purging the MoM active buff.

People will just walk away from you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

YOURFRIEND posted:

People will just walk away from you.

Look at this non-MoM haver, doesn't realize Berserk gives you +30% movespeed.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

gently caress Techies, I want Tidal Spirit or whatever the Aqua equivalent of Storm/Ember/Earth is.

Forged Spirit!

Really though there's one for str/agi/int now so why'd there be more? :colbert:

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Forged Spirit!

Really though there's one for str/agi/int now so why'd there be more? :colbert:

Also the models they use are straight up copied from the Panderen Brewmasters Storm Earth & Fire ability. It's not called Storm Earth Fire and Water. There's no Heart panda either.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Darox posted:

Also the models they use are straight up copied from the Panderen Brewmasters Storm Earth & Fire ability. It's not called Storm Earth Fire and Water. There's no Heart panda either.

The Beer is the Water. Brewmaster is the Heart. Cmon son!

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The Beer is the Water. Brewmaster is the Heart. Cmon son!
Brewmaster can't be Heart, he's clearly Captain Panda. :colbert:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Earth, ember, storm, morphling...and bloodseeker.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I loving hate Bloodseeker. I can't even lane against him. He just walks up to me and I die. He has no items except a goddamn quelling blade and he and his loving Orb of Venom Crystal loving Maiden can just kill me at will from the start of the game while my support runs away. And then he goes loving crazy and gets a 12 minute loving Radiance off killing me over and over and once again it has been proven that I should not be playing anything that requires right clicking on creeps. And then when I play him and actually buy starting items other than a single quelling blade I can do nothing but feed. I hate this goddamn hero so loving much.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Luigi Thirty posted:

I loving hate Bloodseeker. I can't even lane against him. He just walks up to me and I die. He has no items except a goddamn quelling blade and he and his loving Orb of Venom Crystal loving Maiden can just kill me at will from the start of the game while my support runs away. And then he goes loving crazy and gets a 12 minute loving Radiance off killing me over and over and once again it has been proven that I should not be playing anything that requires right clicking on creeps. And then when I play him and actually buy starting items other than a single quelling blade I can do nothing but feed. I hate this goddamn hero so loving much.

Wait until CM's root ends, then TP away.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

When playing against Bloodseeker it's best to play a Ranged Hero so you can keep him at bay! Have your support Harass and deny, preferably more of the latter than the former! Eat a lot of trees to keep your HP topped off from the harass so he doesn't get his bonuses! Cry less, your tears won't block the scream nearly as much! Hope this helps you future matches. Stay safe, and have fun!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sitting Bull posted:

Wait until CM's root ends, then TP away.

The root is not the problem. Being Juggernaut, I can press Q and escape the root. I can also top my health off! I don't know what the gently caress the problem was. I have to download the replay and figure out how I died so much now that I have gotten the rage out of my system.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 14, 2014

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.

Luigi Thirty posted:

The root is not the problem. Being Juggernaut, I can press Q and escape the root. I can also top my health off! I don't know what the gently caress the problem was. I have to download the replay and figure out how I died so much now that I have gotten the rage out of my system.

Bloodseeker is good against solo melee heroes. His sustain makes it very hard to harass him out of lane, and on the other side of the coin, he can trade with you turn around and eat like 4 last hits while your regen is being whittled away.

That said solo jugg safelane vs. cm/bs offlane is pretty funny. You really shouldn't be dying considering you got spin AND healing ward for sustain.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
If your a melee hero against Bloodseeker it's going to be really tough to lane against him unless your name is Ursa, Slark, or Lifestealer. If you're not one of those guys, Bloodseeker is going to get a poor man's shield and trade hits with you until you proc thirst, which gives him even more lane control and ability to dart in and out of hitting you without you being able to return the favor. Even if you do get his health down, 2 last hits with level 2 bloodbath will have already given him 70% of a salve. I think Bloodseeker is actually a decent hero now that Thirst is such a strong ability all game long and made his laning even better than it was previously to global thirst rework and damage bonus.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Luigi Thirty posted:

ms paint?????????/

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
The only problem with BS is his rupture is kind of a bad skill. Compared to other ultimates its downright depressing.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
It's kind of a bad skill early but at level 3 it's a 350 damage nuke that goes through magic immunity and lasts for 9 seconds plus doing 60% movement damage. If you've never ruptured a Phantom Assassin who thinks she's hot poo poo because of her 10 second bkb charge, give it a try and have a laugh as her hp drains 2/3 the way down because she blinked onto one of your supports.

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Bloodseeker is a weird rear end hero.

I guess Thirst is a max first skill now that it has a nice damage buff. I'm not sure what build to go. Bloodrage boosts your damage by like 120% which is crazy good, but levelling it up also means you shouldn't use it as a silence because it fucks you over.

Not levelling it means you don't have damage unless the person is already hurt. Rupture takes nice care of that but most people will just teleport out if they have the chance. Or they'll stun you, wait, and walk away.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Aferisan posted:

I guess Thirst is a max first skill now that it has a nice damage buff. I'm not sure what build to go. Bloodrage boosts your damage by like 120% which is crazy good, but levelling it up also means you shouldn't use it as a silence because it fucks you over.

Even at max level, that silence would still guarantee a kill on someone like Lina or Zeus who relies on their spells since it can be permanently applied to them.

Scunthog
Jul 22, 2003
Do you guys recommend finding a group to play with or playing with random people for lower levels/less experienced players?

I used to play alot of Dota1 10 years ago, so most of the people I used to play with either have 600hr+ on Dota2 or just dont play anymore.

I need that feeling of self loathing only Dota can bring back in my life :(

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I love that Rubick sounds like Stephen Fry with a vocoder.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

Even at max level, that silence would still guarantee a kill on someone like Lina or Zeus who relies on their spells since it can be permanently applied to them.

But there are many silence targets that will gently caress you over with +120% damage. See: Weaver, Exort Invoker or PA (SHE MIGHT BLINKSTRIKE AWAY). It all depends on how badly you need that silence, how good your target is at autoattacking, and whether you're buying agi items to take advantage of the damage boost or not. Or a friendly carry who can abuse the extra damage while using BKB to avoid the silence.

Elman fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 14, 2014

BasicBitch
Feb 2, 2014
Yeah Bloodseeker is complete bullshit. Denied creeps trigger bloodbath which is always annoying. No one on your team carries a scroll and he eventually spirals out of control because he is such a pub-stomper. I would not be surprised to see him get his thirst ability changed a bit.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Bloodrage only boosts base damage so it wouldn't do anything to Exort Invoker. Even if it did do you really think invoker doing more damage with his okay right clicks is more dangerous than being able to do his entire combo of spells?

BasicBitch posted:

Yeah Bloodseeker is complete bullshit. Denied creeps trigger bloodbath which is always annoying. No one on your team carries a scroll and he eventually spirals out of control because he is such a pub-stomper. I would not be surprised to see him get his thirst ability changed a bit.

I agree, he will probably be buffed soon.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug

Aferisan posted:

Not levelling it means you don't have damage unless the person is already hurt. Rupture takes nice care of that but most people will just teleport out if they have the chance. Or they'll stun you, wait, and walk away.

Flat damage is usually best early on so I end up maxing it by 7 in most cases. I usually get bloodbath level 1, thirst level 2-3, bloodbath at 4, thirst at 5, rupture whenever possible, max thirst, point in bloodrage at 8, finish off bloodbath, then go for maxing bloodrage by 14. Item build I've been having a lot of success with is pms/phase/aquila/drum/desolator/butterfly. You could also get bkb when you think you need it but in most cases I just end up saving the perma silence for whoever I'm most worried about disabling me and not having bkb hasn't been an issue because unless it's a hard stun you 're so fast from thirst that most people will either gently caress up their targeted abilities or you can just runaway by the time it wears off since the build makes you fairly tanky and you shouldn't be the first one in the fight in most cases.

E: If you're worried about giving a target 120% damage just put one point into it and either get stats if you think the silence on a target is more valuable than giving yourself the bonus damage. In most cases I'd at least rather have the extra damage for myself to trade right clicks with other people.

Dr. Capco fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 14, 2014

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

AXE COP posted:

Bloodrage only boosts base damage so it wouldn't do anything to Exort Invoker. Even if it did do you really think invoker doing more damage with his okay right clicks is more dangerous than being able to do his entire combo of spells?

He still has high damage, 600 range, likely int items and a ~3.5 int growth that you just boosted further. But really, I was just having a hard time thinking of examples :v:

AXE COP posted:

I agree, he will probably be buffed soon.

Feast and Bloodbath are just meant to be merged.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Bloodseeker owns, he's a blood-powered race car that's also a dog man.

You can also use Bloodrage to deny your own teammates for free heals.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Was MMR removed from the end screen? It doesn't appear.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

I have a buddy who plays almost nothing but Zeus all the time, who gets way too much enjoyment out of ripping kills straight from my hands. Lately I've taken to just playing Bloodseeker when we're together so I can deny him when he barely makes it out of teamfights, claiming it was a tactical decision. That or I just hit him with the century long Bloodrage silence on the way, as I'm running a million mph towards my target. :v:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 14, 2014

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I've been playing Tiny and he's pretty cool. Been trying to go Treads into Drums into Aghs into Manta, but we always lose just around the time I get to the Aghs point. Feels like his combo is cool for delivering damage but actually hitting people is hard because they run away. Is Mask of Madness Tiny a thing?

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

In HoN he was a bat man. I liked his model more in HoN because he kind of waddled on his wingie-tips.

I think Radiance bloodseeker is pretty loving funny. Same with Dagon BS. Since his regen is all based on getting dem last hits a dagon zap can sometimes get you to full health if you're lucky.

The best games are when you're like, 20% health after getting initiated on and they are all low, and then you kill 1 person, get to 50% then go back to 20%, then you kill another, and another until you rampage their team and have like full health. It's the best. He's the only heroes other than maybe Axe who benefits from sequential kills.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

Bloodseeker owns, he's a blood-powered race car that's also a dog man.

I always thought he was some sort of hosed-up bird guy, but I guess bird people already exist and look different than that.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

I always thought he was some sort of hosed-up bird guy, but I guess bird people already exist and look different than that.

Look at his feet bro.

He's a BLOODhound.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Aferisan posted:

In HoN he was a bat man. I liked his model more in HoN because he kind of waddled on his wingie-tips.

I think Radiance bloodseeker is pretty loving funny. Same with Dagon BS. Since his regen is all based on getting dem last hits a dagon zap can sometimes get you to full health if you're lucky.

The best games are when you're like, 20% health after getting initiated on and they are all low, and then you kill 1 person, get to 50% then go back to 20%, then you kill another, and another until you rampage their team and have like full health. It's the best. He's the only heroes other than maybe Axe who benefits from sequential kills.

Necrophos?

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
I don't even play skeleton king anymore because he's got pleb ghost skins. Also he's called wraith king now

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Not a dog.

Sixty-Proof
Jul 23, 2007

Boing posted:

I've been playing Tiny and he's pretty cool. Been trying to go Treads into Drums into Aghs into Manta, but we always lose just around the time I get to the Aghs point. Feels like his combo is cool for delivering damage but actually hitting people is hard because they run away. Is Mask of Madness Tiny a thing?

You are missing out largely not going manaboots >> blink dagger and transitioning to the carry build, in my opinion. The key is that you don't have to rely on anyone to make massive amounts of money from hero kills, and you can easily farm from that point if you HAD to.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dr. Capco posted:

It's one of the best spells in the game at the moment and it has a huge aoe, short explosion delay, restores Invoker's mana pool, does pure damage, and also got a mana drain buff that can drain the entire mana pool of roughly half the heroes in the game (probably more but I'm being conservative) before they hit level 10. Probably just a whinepost but I feel that along with the rest of q/w Invoker's kit the spell is way too good for the amount of effort it takes to use.

Wait it gives him back the mana? Lol

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Yeah, Arcanes > Blink > Aghs > Hyperstone is a pretty reasonable way to transition into Carry Tiny, and lets you murder people with impunity while your combo is at it's peak in terms of damage relative to the average HP pool. I've picked up an Atos once or twice in lieu of Arcanes as a trial too, which worked remarkably well but you still really want that Blink.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Boing posted:

Skip the drums. You don't need to hit people you need to hit buildings. Get your Aghs by like 15m and you're set to win the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Shockeh posted:

Yeah, Arcanes > Blink > Aghs > Hyperstone is a pretty reasonable way to transition into Carry Tiny, and lets you murder people with impunity while your combo is at it's peak in terms of damage relative to the average HP pool. I've picked up an Atos once or twice in lieu of Arcanes as a trial too, which worked remarkably well but you still really want that Blink.

I hadn't thought of starting as ganking Tiny and transitioning into carry Tiny, it sounded inefficient but I'll give it a try!

• Locked thread