Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Armchair Calvinist posted:

Er, whoops, I meant Poway Cycles. My bad!

http://powaymotorcycle.com/SanDiego/

Hey give me your steam, lets play cs:go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Hey give me your steam, lets play cs:go

Haha okay but I'm really really bad :x

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fragmatist/home/

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

SoCal CA peeps should all play CS:GO with us imo

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

I would but I only have CS:Source :(

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ktm is doing a road demo in Thousand Oaks tomorrow. My wife and I are gonna go buzz around on a couple of 690 dukes. Anybody else feels like going?

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Also tomorrow is Del Amo Motorsports (blegh) outdoor sale. I might check it out to see if there's any really great deals, but there will be a lot of dudebros and squids. There is a stunt show too.

I think Pro Italia has a Distinguished Gentlemans Ride out of their Triumph shop too, but my suit is too tight in the shoulders to ride with, plus I don't have a hipster bike anyway.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Nitramster posted:

Also tomorrow is Del Amo Motorsports (blegh) outdoor sale. I might check it out to see if there's any really great deals, but there will be a lot of dudebros and squids. There is a stunt show too.

I think Pro Italia has a Distinguished Gentlemans Ride out of their Triumph shop too, but my suit is too tight in the shoulders to ride with, plus I don't have a hipster bike anyway.

That's the best part about smell amo's parking lot sales, is seeing all the statistics in one place at the same time!

Shoot me a text if you're gunna go, was thinking about it but couldn't muster up the willpower. 424-835-078five

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
^

Do anyone of you know any shops around that do engine break ins and/or proper suspension set ups?

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I know westcoast gp cycles does suspension stuff; no idea about breaking-in. You can handle not redlining that zx6r for a while, right?

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
The manufacturer break in is sub 4k for 500 miles and sub 6k for the next 500. That's 4th gear by 25 mph!

I'm playing nice, but I'd like to just get everything handled so I can not worry about it.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Sub 4k for 500 miles? I definitely did not take it that easy with my '12 6r. That's like what, 45mph in 6th gear?

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Yea it's ridiculous. I've never had a new vehicle so I want to go by the manufacturers suggestion but EVERYTHING I'm reading says just take it easy and do slow roll ons, bumping up the max rpm every hundred miles or so.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Nitramster posted:

Yea it's ridiculous. I've never had a new vehicle so I want to go by the manufacturers suggestion but EVERYTHING I'm reading says just take it easy and do slow roll ons, bumping up the max rpm every hundred miles or so.

Get it nicely warmed up, ride it like you normally would, try and vary the RPM quite a bit - ie, don't hold it at one RPM for extended period. I'd also avoid low RPM full throttle usage. Use all the RPMs.

I broke my KTM in at the track, with 200 miles of street riding and then 270 miles of pure track abuse, 5.5k miles on it, no problems, no smoking, burns no oil, pulls like a freight train.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You're at 5.5k already? Man, I've been slackin with my rsv4. Only at like 3500 right now and I've had it since mid-feb.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

That's bad? The duke is almost a year and a half old and I've got to take it in for its 600 mile service. drat my short commute that's easier to do in the car.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I blame my lack of miles on buzzing around on a 250 half of the week too.

How short is your commute? Mine's 10 miles each way and that's pretty short compared to what I used to do.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Angryboot posted:

I blame my lack of miles on buzzing around on a 250 half of the week too.

How short is your commute? Mine's 10 miles each way and that's pretty short compared to what I used to do.

4 miles one way, its just so much easier to get in the car for 15 minutes as opposed to putting all the gear on. I'd squid it up but I learned the hard way about crashing in jeans.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Yea but what are the odds you'd crash TWO TIMES in your life in jeans?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Angryboot posted:

You're at 5.5k already? Man, I've been slackin with my rsv4. Only at like 3500 right now and I've had it since mid-feb.

That's half of what I would have done in my younger years, haha. I'm getting old, slowing down :(

My wife saw this video and made a comment about how she likes how I ride slower now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT-_UAwNsqk

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You hooligan you.

I hopped on a duke 690 yesterday on a demo ride. The guys in my group didn't know how to turn. It was sad.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Z3n posted:

That's half of what I would have done in my younger years, haha. I'm getting old, slowing down :(

My wife saw this video and made a comment about how she likes how I ride slower now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT-_UAwNsqk

Wait, did you get married recently? I thought she was your girlfriend still.

Either way, congratulations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Wait, did you get married recently? I thought she was your girlfriend still.

Either way, congratulations.

Been married for years now but thanks :)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Z3n posted:

Been married for years now but thanks :)

I could swear you referred to her as girlfriend in the recent past. Must be in my head.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Any of you guys coming out to Palm Springs for the annual biker/Mongol meet next weekend?

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

From San Pedro here. I work in the South Bay area. My motorcycle got stolen outside of my job at Barnes and Noble in Torrance. They recovered it this morning but are holding it for prints. Don't leave your motorcycle exposed at night for even a bit. I learned the hard way.

They say that it's intact but we'll see the layman can't tell if somethings gone missing.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I am in Santa Ana and down for a ride.

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

I got into the HD Livewire demo on October 24-26 at the la convention center. Anyone else? I picked a time on Saturday the 25th.

I filled out the form requesting a demo because an electric HD sounds so out of left field for me I figured it'd be a good story to have.

Gillingham
Nov 16, 2011
What is this stuff falling from the sky. I finally had to install the pinlock that came with my helmet. It's weird being able to always keep the shield down.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I can't wait to take my bike out in this weather. :getin:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Armchair Calvinist posted:

I can't wait to take my bike out in this weather. :getin:

All of my gear is mesh, save for one leather jacket. How hosed will I be tomorrow on my commute?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

SaNChEzZ posted:

All of my gear is mesh, save for one leather jacket. How hosed will I be tomorrow on my commute?

Wear the mesh, the leathers will get all fucky from soaking em.

I have a KTM sumo suit that'll need to be redyed at some point from getting caught in a thunderstorm.

this weather means its time to go out and play on the trails and crash a lot get stuck.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

Wear the mesh, the leathers will get all fucky from soaking em.

I have a KTM sumo suit that'll need to be redyed at some point from getting caught in a thunderstorm.

this weather means its time to go out and play on the trails and crash a lot get stuck.

Alright, at least the jacket has a liner. Pants, no so much. I'm expecting bootfulls of water when I arrive.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I have half rear end decent rain gear so the weather doesn't bother me much but today I chickened out of riding and took the Coaster instead. Maybe I'll brave the crazies tomorrow.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I commuted on my viffer for a few storms when I first got it, suprisingly jeans stayed pretty decent, and my cheap rear end bilt vented boots still kept my feet dry BUT that things got a great fairing system for its size.

If I was you I'd do what I could weather-wise but then put a change of clothes in a trash bag, then carry that in a backpack.

Gillingham
Nov 16, 2011
Wasn't too bad today, worst thing was really my gloves. My pants are mostly leather on the front except for some vents, and all mesh on the back, so that certainly helped. Everything was wet but didn't seem soaked in, just brought my gear into the office to dry off instead of leaving it in the top case.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

cursedshitbox posted:

NOPE.

Vegas drivers are the biggest shitheels on earth when it rains.

also. Knobbies on greasy tarmac: drifting fun.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Nitramster posted:

I commuted on my viffer for a few storms when I first got it, suprisingly jeans stayed pretty decent, and my cheap rear end bilt vented boots still kept my feet dry BUT that things got a great fairing system for its size.

If I was you I'd do what I could weather-wise but then put a change of clothes in a trash bag, then carry that in a backpack.

I've got a waterproof tailbag, so I'll stuff clothes in that. As far as cold weather wise goes, I own a hoodie? Also, my commute is 15 minutes, do you think the leather would soak before I got to the office? I feel like leather would be better suited in the wet than mesh for some reason.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Just condition the fucker if it dries out.

I went on a 50 mile hike to the old place to sell the frame, I wore my dainese jacket.

It wasn't soaked but I'll throw some conditioner on it later to keep it from drying.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Yea I just keep that ugly red A* perf leather jacket you saw me wear clean with conditioner/cleaner, I never had any issue with it getting mess up from moisture. I was sure to dry it off with a towel/rag/paper towel whenever I was done though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gillingham
Nov 16, 2011
Thank god I remembered to recoat my visor with RainX before going to work today. Also gently caress drivers who don't turn their lights on in the rain, grey masses of rain tearing down the freeway.

• Locked thread