Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

For those of you that don't live here, this is how we roll 350 days out of the year:

I feel like there's a good amount of CA goons in SoCal or the surrounding areas that mostly come out of the woodwork from time to time, now it's time for you to show yourselves :getin:

This could be more than a ride thread, but a work on bikes, talk poo poo about cell phone users or even discuss (SPORTS TEAM) thread.

So, who lives where?

Should include that I'm in El Segundo, right near LAX.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

March 29th 11a - 4p Del Amo Motorsports is having a stuntfest thing. Watch dudes drop their bikes, and perhaps do some tandem burnouts.

There will be food, music and terrible squiddery. I'll probably be going just to laugh at the amount of icon field armor present.

https://m.facebook.com/events/660536423987551/

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

A different 690, assuming I sell mine :getin:

:smug: :respek: :getin:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I do, sending you a PM. He's my good friend's dad.

Double edit:
What kind of legal recourse are is he looking for, does he want the guy to go to jail or does he want to get a shitload of money from the guy's insurance (assuming he's not at fault).

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 5, 2014

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Gillingham posted:

Reposting for a friend

So straightforward..

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Angryboot posted:

210 was a parking lot because 2 rigs collided this afternoon. Took me a whole 6 extra minutes to get home from work. LANE SPLITTING SUPREMACCCYYYYYY!!

:ca: best state.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Chichevache posted:

What would that do for me?

Going up in the front would put you at less RPM at 70-80mph. Same as going down in the rear. More speed, less acceleration. Going down in front or up in the rear does the opposite. More low end grunt, less top end speed.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Thanks. I'll look into that.

Also get a speedo healer, because.. yeah. On my wr250 indicated 80 was really like 64 after going down 1 in the front.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Your bike takes the speedometer reading off the countershaft? :psyduck:

I thought most did it from the front wheel.

I guess you're right, maybe I just never paid attention to it until after I did the switch.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

I've heard that most bikes read about 10% over out of the factory, just to guarantee that the manufacturer doesn't get sued by someone going 62 at an indicated 60. When an indicated 60 means you're actually going 54 you're pretty safe.

10% less than an indicated 80 should be 72mph, though, so 64 is still way under. Did you change the tire to something totally different from what it came with, or put on a differently sized wheel?

I've heard that over- and under-inflation can also cause speedo issues but I imagine they'd be much smaller than what you're seeing.

Nope, I'm just a derp and way exaggerated it most likely. It felt slow as poo poo. It also got wrecked by some jerkwad, so RIP little bike.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 1, 2014

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I was riding at night in a perf leather jacket and over pants and I was still loving dying in this heat. At night!

Mesh/tex pants commando + mesh jacket.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

So, in SoCal now. Been staying in Oceanside, and just got our house in Murrieta. Its loving weird riding here.

All splitting all the time :black101:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Angryboot posted:

Gonna be heading down to my local Aprilia dealer and test out the Caponord since they're doing a demo tour. Sanchezz, you're on the west side, right? I think they're gonna be in Glendale tomorrow in case you wanna hop on one too.

Yeah I'm way on the west side though, beach cities. If I can squeeze time I may try to get out there though, thanks!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Nitramster posted:

Also tomorrow is Del Amo Motorsports (blegh) outdoor sale. I might check it out to see if there's any really great deals, but there will be a lot of dudebros and squids. There is a stunt show too.

I think Pro Italia has a Distinguished Gentlemans Ride out of their Triumph shop too, but my suit is too tight in the shoulders to ride with, plus I don't have a hipster bike anyway.

That's the best part about smell amo's parking lot sales, is seeing all the statistics in one place at the same time!

Shoot me a text if you're gunna go, was thinking about it but couldn't muster up the willpower. 424-835-078five

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

That's bad? The duke is almost a year and a half old and I've got to take it in for its 600 mile service. drat my short commute that's easier to do in the car.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Angryboot posted:

I blame my lack of miles on buzzing around on a 250 half of the week too.

How short is your commute? Mine's 10 miles each way and that's pretty short compared to what I used to do.

4 miles one way, its just so much easier to get in the car for 15 minutes as opposed to putting all the gear on. I'd squid it up but I learned the hard way about crashing in jeans.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Armchair Calvinist posted:

I can't wait to take my bike out in this weather. :getin:

All of my gear is mesh, save for one leather jacket. How hosed will I be tomorrow on my commute?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

Wear the mesh, the leathers will get all fucky from soaking em.

I have a KTM sumo suit that'll need to be redyed at some point from getting caught in a thunderstorm.

this weather means its time to go out and play on the trails and crash a lot get stuck.

Alright, at least the jacket has a liner. Pants, no so much. I'm expecting bootfulls of water when I arrive.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Nitramster posted:

I commuted on my viffer for a few storms when I first got it, suprisingly jeans stayed pretty decent, and my cheap rear end bilt vented boots still kept my feet dry BUT that things got a great fairing system for its size.

If I was you I'd do what I could weather-wise but then put a change of clothes in a trash bag, then carry that in a backpack.

I've got a waterproof tailbag, so I'll stuff clothes in that. As far as cold weather wise goes, I own a hoodie? Also, my commute is 15 minutes, do you think the leather would soak before I got to the office? I feel like leather would be better suited in the wet than mesh for some reason.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I'd post in the motorcycle discussion thread too, might be able to score some couchsurfing outside of LA!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Crossposting from the for sale thread:

$6750 for a goon.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/5159612124.html

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

tarzanspuma posted:

Can't remember if these had ABS as standard?

They do!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

EkardNT posted:

I'll be in Orange county this week and would love to rent a bike while I'm there. Anyone know of a place which rents any bikes other than cruisers or ninja 250s? (Nothing against the Ninjette, just too small for me)

Beverly Hills Rent-A-Car on Sepulveda by the airport has had a slew of white 848's out front. Dunno what they'll run you though, probably a pretty penny.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Nitramster posted:

I'm confused, you only saw 2 motorcycles but a bunch of rice rockets? That's slang for a japanese sportbike...

I've always heard crotchrocket for bikes, rice rocket for import cars.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

mrking posted:

in case anybody is interested I'm giving this pile of parts away for free. It will probably run again, but I am not a mechanic and also moving soon.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3119867&pagenumber=59#post453379427

I'll take it. Please shoot me a text (eight three one) 915-1900

PM'd as well.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 4, 2015

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Squirrel Burger posted:

Moving to Echo Park from Seattle soon and can't wait to start enjoying the benefits of lane-splitting.

Should we be keeping a record of things like EatSleepRide profiles?

You should let me test ride your brammo when you arrive. I can offer... Baked goods in return.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Squirrel Burger posted:

everyone come ride out with me and Nate Falls

Beware of Nate's chops. I've seen them in person, and they could be a rather distracting feature if visible outside the helmet.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Squirrel Burger posted:

Finally got the Brammo here. First taste of the LA superslab: Echo Park to John Wayne Airport, ~50 minutes, average 70 mph, 100% to 27% charge.

Conclusion: your freeway pavement sucks and you should feel bad. But I will learn to love you.

Think the freeway is bad, just wait til you have to take the street somewhere.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

MSF is life. I did my course with them and they were very nice folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

In my class, one dude dumped his rebel, and I ran over his tank badge which popped my tire.

Everyone passed the practical though. The rebel dude dumped it because his boot caught and it freaked him out. Overall we had a pretty successful class, the instructors kept pushing the good riders to ride harder which was fun.

• Locked thread