Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Free Market will decide. Also Prostitution whoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Allow debt collection to continue and give them tasers so the people can know their place

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

We must limit the agencies and increase alcohol taxes.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Once again the weakness of a government that lets it's people run free rears its ugly head, only we can protect the people from these vicious debt collectors because the people alone are not strong enough to protect themselves from bad decisions.

Limit debt collection agency activity, and crush these vermin who think the citizens money belong to them when it rightfully belongs to the government.

Furthermore, the Strafverfolgungsunbemannteluftfahrzeug Act must pass.

A vote for Drones means we can keep a steady and ever watchful eye to keep YOU safe from criminals and protect YOU from ever making such mistakes yourself.

This message was sponsored by the Fascist Association of Righteous Taxation.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Limit, Ban Creationism

Caufman
May 7, 2007
More hookers, less booze!

The opposition will never see this coming!

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Tell me about the space program. I want to someday send our Lederhosen to the stars, even if it winds up being expensive and ultimately pointless.

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
Linit debt collection agencies.

Also maintaining my vote for drones. I don't think that some of the anti-drone naysayers have fully considered just how popular this policy will be. Among the liberals, for example:

Imagine you are a liberal. One day you meet a man who expresses an intolerant view about gay rights or some such thing. Out of the corner of your eye, you notice the police drone, which has been recording the conversation. The man is never seen again. You feel good about this, and resolve to vote for the LFAP in the next election. Another victory for common sense.

The same deduction can of course be applied to environmentalists, motorists... practically everyone, in fact. Therefore police drones will clearly be a universally popular policy, and anyone who says otherwise can answer to the police drones (now armed with small homing missiles).

kaiten80
Oct 31, 2012
Let's limit the debt collection agencies. Those vultures would steal the lederhosen that we were elected to give to the people.

While we're at it, let's try and shore up the economy with a Business Startup Campaign for up and coming lederhosen manufacturers. Let's start out with a moderate level of funding. If it's successful, we can always ramp it up later.

kaiten80 fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 19, 2014

Izzus
Mar 14, 2014

Send the debt collectors to the hangman.
Still going for booze taxation, too. More income = more GDP. More GDP = we can afford some loving drones and give research grants and all sorts of crazy jive.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Voting for limitation and max booze tax.
National armed forces week sounds neat what's that?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Limit and Luxury Tax.

I'll get that drat thing through if I have to do it myself one turn at a time.

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.
Limit the debt collection agencies. Also, I'd like to vote for increased prostitution once again.

Wagrid fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 19, 2014

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Who are we to stand in the way of the free market? also keep my vote for MAXIMUM ROBOTS.

TaurusTorus fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 19, 2014

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Limit debt collection agencies and maximize alcohol tax. Hey, with fewer collection agencies calling them, people won't need to hit the bottle as hard anyway. :colbert:

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
The current party agenda, as of Haifisch's post.

Limit debt collection agency activity - 14
Allow debt collection agencies to operate - 3

33 PC available.

Maximize Alcohol Tax (75%), 9 PC, + 16 Bn per quarter - (2)+5=7 votes
TheMcD, Captain No-mates, Izzus, Baron O Beefdip, Haifisch
Implement Police Drones, maximum level. 16 PC, -5.13 Bn per quarter - (4)-1+3=6 votes
JT Jag (-1), Ahundredbux, Robhol, TaurusTorus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Implement Taser Policy, routine level. 25 PC, -1.3 Bn per quarter - (3)+2=5 votes
Pyroi, Randarkman
Ban creationism in the schools, 21 PC - (2)+2=4 votes
JGBeagle, Senerio
More prostitution! 13 PC, no budget change. - (1)+2=3 votes
double nine, Caufman, Wagrid
Implement Luxury Goods tax, 14 PC, +3 Bn per quarter - (1)+1=2 votes
Deceitful Penguin
Implement Business Startup Campaign, 2 PC, - 170 Mn per quarter - 1 vote
Kaiten80
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reduce Agricultural Subsidies by 50%, 10 PC, + 3.25 Bn per quarter - (1) vote

Policies above the top line would be implemented if the vote closed right now, votes below the lower line have received no votes this turn and will be struck from the list.

Baron O Beefdip posted:

National armed forces week sounds neat what's that?

It's basically a small nod to the patriots, making them a bit happier as well as encouraging people to join their ranks.

Grizzwold posted:

Tell me about the space program. I want to someday send our Lederhosen to the stars, even if it winds up being expensive and ultimately pointless.

The space program is expensive, but provides some nice benefits. And don't we want to be the first country to place a pair of lederhosen on Mars? For some reason religious people hate going into space, I suppose that explains why Sister Godwinson is so angry.

kaiten80 posted:

While we're at it, let's try and shore up the economy with a Business Startup Campaign for up and coming lederhosen manufacturers. Let's start out with a moderate level of funding. If it's successful, we can always ramp it up later.

Added to the list1 Have some details on the policy!

JT Jag posted:

I suggest you put the name of the people who have voted for and against the various policies just to avoid situations like someone accidentally voting multiple times. Especially if you're going to carry over votes from week to week like this.

Yeah, good idea. I'll be doing this from this post onwards :)

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

JGBeagle posted:

Limit the agencies and ban creationism in schools.

This.

Also, I'd like a peek at the various tax policies on offer. Any other loopholes and such for us to close and grab more revenue?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Limit activity And I remain firm on my Max Booze Tax initiative.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Seems the space program is popular with voters. Who cares if we're a one term president? Let our predecessor worry about the debt.
(This is not a vote. I'm still on board with Police Drones)

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

This is the face of Lawful Good!

Fun Shoe
Limit debt collection agencies while also maximizing the alcohol tax to maximize productivity and happiness for all! Except for alcoholics and debt collectors and liberals and...

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Limit debt collection agencies and also Ban Creatonism in school. As much as I love tazers I also loves me some delicious delicious science.

Vyxzuw
Oct 16, 2012

Please stop shitposting in the Let's Play Dangan Ronpa thread!
Limit No one is allowed to use force to get money but us!

Also, what can we do Militarily? It's a good way to cut down on Unemployment, and can boost our economy.
Not like we're trying to take over the world or anything. At least, not THIS world.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Covski posted:

Implement Police Drones, maximum level. 16 PC, -5.13 Bn per quarter - (4)-1+3=6 votes
JT Jag (-1), Ahundredbux, Robhol, TaurusTorus

Whoops, I meant to vote on the debt collection, I didn't mean to vote for drones again, take off one of the drone votes. My bad.

TaurusTorus fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 19, 2014

Izzus
Mar 14, 2014

Vyxzuw posted:

Limit No one is allowed to use force to get money but us!

Also, what can we do Militarily? It's a good way to cut down on Unemployment, and can boost our economy.
Not like we're trying to take over the world or anything. At least, not THIS world.

There are other, more efficient ways to reduce unemployment. I never tried going full military/autocracy with this game, but from what I hear, the mechanics are balanced so that it's the hardest government to maintain.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
How exactly does this voting system work? It seems votes from week to week carry over, but then people get to vote again?

My proposition is that every poster has a single vote, and if they voted for something that failed to pass it is assumed that they are using their vote for that thing again unless stated otherwise.

We could institute this by voting from scratch next session.

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, I'm not sure how this is supposed to work, but it looks like my vote for drones is double-counted, since I voted for it last time. If it's not supposed to work like that you should take off a vote for drones.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Robhol posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure how this is supposed to work, but it looks like my vote for drones is double-counted, since I voted for it last time. If it's not supposed to work like that you should take off a vote for drones.
Just keep doing whatever we were doing until this session wraps up to avoid confusion and then start a vote from scratch with all votes being tallied by name to avoid confusion in the future, in my opinion.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Limit the collection agencies.

Also, could we get some details on State Housing? That seems like it'd help with the homeless problem and might indirectly improve the economy as well.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Limit the Collection agencies and crank up that booze tax

e: Luxury tax

Odysseus S. Grant fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 19, 2014

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

JT Jag posted:

How exactly does this voting system work? It seems votes from week to week carry over, but then people get to vote again?

Yes, votes carry over between turns, and you are allowed to vote each turn, even for something else than last time. I've decided for this system since there is a hard limit on the number of actions you can take each turn, to increase the chances that a policy that receives a fair amount of votes has a higher chance of being implemented the next turn. I might consider changing the system if it becomes a problem, but I want to stick to it for now to see how it works out. Hopefully it shouldn't be too confusing :)

goons posted:

stuff

I'll get around to updating the votes and posting the information you've requested in a few hours!

Caufman
May 7, 2007
My fellow parlementarians, I just had to drive all the way to Holland to get some exquisite bi-sexual prosititutes. Surely there is a legislative solution to bring these jobs back to Deutschland!

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Limit and Implement Business Startup Campaign.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Down with the agencies!
Up with booze taxes!

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014
Voting for More Prostitution this time. It's a simple agenda that any viewer of Westerns can understand, and I'm a' stickin' to it.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Perestroika posted:

Also, could we get some details on State Housing? That seems like it'd help with the homeless problem and might indirectly improve the economy as well.

State housing is very expensive, but it does have a great effect on reducing homelessness and improving equality. The capitalists hate it, of course.

Vyxzuw posted:

Our military spending is currently pretty low, much to the chagrin of our patriots. We could certainly create a lot of jobs by expanding our armed forces, although the liberals wouldn't agree with this course of action.

TravelLog posted:

Also, I'd like a peek at the various tax policies on offer. Any other loopholes and such for us to close and grab more revenue?

Sure, let's begin with looking at the currently active policies.

Income tax is our major cash cow, currently. Middle income people hate this.

Sales tax, being a regressive tax, is a factor in reducing equality and making the poorest poorer but brings in a fair amount of money.

The moderate inheritance tax policy doesn't make a lot of money, but it does help to increase equality at the expense of the wealthy.

Same thing with the property tax, though this one also irks the middle class who can afford to buy their own houses.

The corporation tax is popular among most voters, but does contribute to the uncompetitive economy.

As for new tax options, most of them are meant as disincentives for negative behaviours (junk food tax, plastic bag tax, etc), but I've highlighted a few interesting policies:

The mansion tax is another alternative for screwing the ultra-rich for fun and profit.

In the same vein, a graduate tax could be a way to fund our expensive university grants.

More out there, we could levy a tax on transactions on the internet. The internet is just a fad anyway.

And finally, on the topic of plugging loopholes, we could institute a Welfare Fraud Department to ensure that our tax money is used correctly.

The current party agenda, as of CountButtulas post:

A push from atheist members of LFAP has managed to push a law forbidding the teaching of creationism in the schools to the top of the party agenda, putting the Strafverfolgungsunbemannteluftfahrzeug Act on the backburner for now.

Limit debt collection agency activity - 22
Allow debt collection agencies to operate - 3

33 PC available.

Maximize Alcohol Tax (75%), 9 PC, + 16 Bn per quarter - (2)+8=10 votes
TheMcD, Captain No-mates, Izzus, Baron O Beefdip, Haifisch, paragon1, Eumenides, CommissarMega
Ban creationism in the schools, 21 PC - (2)+4=6 votes
JGBeagle, Senerio, TravelLog, Danaru
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More prostitution! 13 PC, no budget change. - (1)+4=5 votes
double nine, Caufman, Wagrid, CountButtula
Implement Police Drones, maximum level. 16 PC, -5.13 Bn per quarter - (4)-1+2=5 votes
JT Jag (-1), Ahundredbux, Robhol,
Implement Taser Policy, routine level. 25 PC, -1.3 Bn per quarter - (3)+2=5 votes
Pyroi, Randarkman
Implement Luxury Goods tax, 14 PC, +3 Bn per quarter - (1)+2=3 votes
Deceitful Penguin, Cathulhu
Implement Business Startup Campaign, 2 PC, - 170 Mn per quarter - 2 votes
Kaiten80, Nuramor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reduce Agricultural Subsidies by 50%, 10 PC, + 3.25 Bn per quarter - (1) vote

Policies above the top line would be implemented if the vote closed right now, votes below the lower line have received no votes this turn and will be struck from the list.

Tetrodo
Oct 21, 2010
One more vote for limiting dept collection and the ban on creationism.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

I'll throw my support behind More Prostitution.

Master of None
Nov 4, 2011
Allow debt agencies.

Implement plan can Germany into space, which means implement the space program with maximum funding.

Given the amount of information you need in this game, would it be possible to have animated images that cycle between different levels for a given program, like with the handgun laws you could have an image that cycles between each possible level of implementation.

Kodos666
Dec 17, 2013
limiting dept collection and stamp out creationism.

And what are our options to improve our public transit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Covski posted:

:words: Information :words:

Cool, thanks. All of our options for reducing unemployment/homlessness/uncompetetiveness look pretty expensive, so let's first get some money rolling in. Voting for cranking up the luxury tax!, if it pisses off the capitalists then all the better.

• Locked thread