Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
3D posting for a 3D world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
good job breaking the forum idiot i hope it was worth it to put the byob style sheet in neo-yix

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?
So this is what having poo poo eyesight is like

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I blame Malaysian Airlines Flight 370.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

It feels just so... real. Like I can reach out and touch it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
p. lulzy

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Chrome @90 sort of fixes it

Uhm.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
DDRD looks pretty good now at least

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gnack posted:

lol hes copy-pasted a bunch of standard forums css and just tweaked the styling while adding the "body.forum_267" to the front without accounting for the fact that some of the clauses have multiple selectors

he made a bunch of changes to the live forums css and didn't even check it afterwards what a guy

That is the most amateur rear end bullshit.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Suspicious Dish posted:

People are naturally opposed to change, OP. Give it a day or two and you'll end up liking it.

Hahahah

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
Amazing, who would have thought in the year of our lord, two thousand and fourteen that the internet could look like this?

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
will SALR prevent me from seeing this? I've hard refreshed a few times.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I think they will surely fix this soon, maybe once they de-tumblirize the forums, which is definitely happening.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Gnack posted:

lol hes copy-pasted a bunch of standard forums css and just tweaked the styling while adding the "body.forum_267" to the front without accounting for the fact that some of the clauses have multiple selectors

he made a bunch of changes to the live forums css and didn't even check it afterwards what a guy

Nice, nice..

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

It feels just so... real. Like I can reach out and touch it.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
code:
body.forum_267 table.post tr.seen2 td.userinfo, body.forum_267 table.post tr.seen2 td.postbody {
	background-image: none

.altcolor2 td.userinfo, .altcolor2 td.postdate {
	};
}
lol this completely invalid CSS is what's loving it up. great syntax error Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Suspicious Dish posted:

code:
body.forum_267 table.post tr.seen2 td.userinfo, body.forum_267 table.post tr.seen2 td.postbody {

};
}
lol this completely invalid CSS is what's loving it up. great syntax error Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka.

I appreciate the effort.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

More like Kyantkodeka

Maltag
Oct 1, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

code:

};
}

CSS is pretty complex. It's like mystical runes or something. Pretty easy to gently caress up.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
I for one welcome our new forums coder with open arms.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Kavak posted:

Adblock that element and things become readable again.

Also :lol: at radium or whoever.
OH hey yer right I managed to fix it with AdBlock.

The part I got in red gets rid of the godawful effect, but as you can see it doesn't manage to center the post replies and whatnot when you make them...I can live with that more, the buttons are a bit messed up but my eyes aren't screaming anymore.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 16, 2014

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
That's literally Mt Gox level poo poo, Lowtax if you're reading this then you should feel bad.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS.....

GRANTED.

"A backdoor! Ahhhghhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

That's literally Mt Gox level poo poo, Lowtax if you're reading this then you should feel bad.

Hey, hey, hey now. It is your fault, not anyone else's.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

code:

};
}

Yeah I've looked through the code megabytes as well, like you here, and actually what we have here is a pretty epic fail.

Angstrom
Nov 4, 2011

vaginal culture posted:

I think they will surely fix this soon, maybe once they de-tumblirize the forums, which is definitely happening.

This CSS change is part of the de-tumblrization. Eventually the forums css will be the complete opposite of tumblr and all will be Good again.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Tzen posted:

Oh good I thought I pushed a wrong button and broke the forums.

you did

_areaman
Oct 28, 2009

Can't stand the eye rape here

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I refreshed the page and it didn't work

edit: I'm not Zero Cool.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

vaginal culture posted:

Lemme know when they do guys, cuz otherwise I'm keeping AdBlock on until this blows over.

Angstrom
Nov 4, 2011

You all have Forums Glaucoma and need to purchase the new account upgrade: Forums Laser Trabeculoplasty, $9.95.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

For those with Firebug the offending text shadow CSS helpfully is right at the top:

One click to normal text.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At first I thought it was just weird and maybe just a little funny, but now I'm getting a literal headache. Make it stop please and thanks.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

At first I thought it was just weird and maybe just a little funny, but now I'm getting a literal headache. Make it stop please and thanks.

If you say things like this they'll just keep it to spite us all :(

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Counterpoint: Leave it like this forever, eventually we'll adapt and it'll be not-shadowed text that looks weird.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Gonz posted:

"A backdoor! Ahhhghhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Man I remember this loving video.

Angstrom posted:

You all have Forums Glaucoma and need to purchase the new account upgrade: Forums Laser Trabeculoplasty, $9.95.

lol

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

All this does is make me pine for the days when Livestock would randomly gently caress up the CSS.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

We're suffering for this poo poo? I know its the "Retrodungeon" or whatever, but good gods its a bad late-90s reject, what are the tables? :barf:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hey! I didn't pay money to post on the internet only to get trolled by the site I paid money to post o..oh. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

El Spider posted:

I see the admins finally turned on 3d browsing

Plutonis posted:

Forums user Peta was finally vindicated, if only for a small time.

Peta, you've turned these forums around

• Locked thread