Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Given how many non-canon comic one offs there are, I was hoping Sony would pump out a poo poo ton of DLC for silly mini-sodes of inFamous. I figure it would be an easy money maker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
First Light is so good. I mean, even the little filler event things scattered around the world are all entertaining. As are the challenges. Hell, even the races were super fun.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Scyron posted:

Given how many non-canon comic one offs there are, I was hoping Sony would pump out a poo poo ton of DLC for silly mini-sodes of inFamous. I figure it would be an easy money maker.

There was a limited run infamous 2 comic series. It was awful, if I remember correctly

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Did anyone else run into an error with the preorder costume? It said it couldn't download on the dl screen and gave an error, but it says I have one addon and it is installed if I go into the First Light section. Am I correct in assuming you select the DUP costume when you choose to enter an arena?

edit: I didnt see this online last night but I'm going to try this when I get home:

Go to settings>psn>restore licenses
After it restores licences go to the game and enter the battle arenas. DUP Fetch should be an outfit option. If not, you've got a different issue and should contact support.

This should work if it's listed as one of your add-ons for the game. I had an extra download file attempting to dowload that i canceled because it was showing an error. I figured it was doing that because it was already installed.

Kadath fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 28, 2014

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Kadath posted:

Did anyone else run into an error with the preorder costume? It said it couldn't download on the dl screen and gave an error, but it says I have one addon and it is installed if I go into the First Light section. Am I correct in assuming you select the DUP costume when you choose to enter an arena?

edit: I didnt see this online last night but I'm going to try this when I get home:

Go to settings>psn>restore licenses
After it restores licences go to the game and enter the battle arenas. DUP Fetch should be an outfit option. If not, you've got a different issue and should contact support.

This should work if it's listed as one of your add-ons for the game. I had an extra download file attempting to dowload that i canceled because it was showing an error. I figured it was doing that because it was already installed.

Yes to all of this. Gave me the error on the download message, couldn't retry it, but when I went in to play the game, it was available. You select costumes when you choose an arena event. Sadly there's no option to change costumes in free roam.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
It's pretty nifty so far, although all the lumens, races, and graffiti can be completed in a little over an hour and a bit (I've put maybe two hours or so into it, and I'm sitting at 42% completion on the save file). The survival mode looks like it'll add some longevity though, and one of the trophies requires an average of 2,000,000 points per arena to complete, and the challenges look like a nice way to pad it all out.

What are the ?/hidden events in each section of the overworld map?

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)

I, Butthole posted:

It's pretty nifty so far, although all the lumens, races, and graffiti can be completed in a little over an hour and a bit (I've put maybe two hours or so into it, and I'm sitting at 42% completion on the save file). The survival mode looks like it'll add some longevity though, and one of the trophies requires an average of 2,000,000 points per arena to complete, and the challenges look like a nice way to pad it all out.

What are the ?/hidden events in each section of the overworld map?

You don't need to average anything on the arena. It adds all your scores together over every time you've played. I thought the same thing but I got my platinum today and it just keeps tabs on every attempt you've made and adds them together. I hope that makes sense. The question marks you'll find out a few missions in. I dont wanna spoil it.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Restoring the license worked, costume is accessible!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Finished First Light. What an amazing piece if content. All fun, no junk. <3 Laura Bailey.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Well that was fun. Liked that all the Lumen required a bit of work to get too instead of just hanging on a wall.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Picked this up yesterday for 24 bux, and basically spent all my days off blazing through it. Really enjoyable (felt a biiit short, so I dunno how I would have felt if I spent 60 but eh.) I kind of wish they dropped the whole hero/villian meter stuff and just had the choices be their own thing. I mean this isn't a problem exclusive to infamous but I hate feeling punished unless I go all one direction. Despite being a heroic dude I was strongly considering killing Hank out of anger since it seemed ~thematic~ but I didn't since it'd just punish me. It felt like it worked a bit more with Cole since he felt way more generic personality wise, but not so much for Delsin.

I enjoyed the powers, except for Video. Stealth was good but it felt like alot more work to subdue large groups of enemies with it than smoke or neon so I barely used it, and it made phase 1 of the final encounter a bit more annoying since I didn't have a longer meter or higher missile count. Also I don't know if Augustine was intended to be a hypocrite or if this is just a case of inconsistent writing but it seemed really dumb for her to act like she was doing good for the conduits when they were doing invasive tests and torture on them, if they were just locked up in awful solitary confinement and that was it I could at least get her logic, but not really with the other crap, oh well.

Is this like a reboot or something because the public backlash against conduits seems kind of weird considering Cole saves everyone for two whole games prior. (unless he fucks up at the end of 2, I got near the end then kind of got bored and never finished it). I'm hoping they stay with Delsin for a sequel since I really like the whole changing powers thing, all I could really want in a sequel would be more powers and also more variety in sidequests.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Picked this up yesterday for 24 bux, and basically spent all my days off blazing through it. Really enjoyable (felt a biiit short, so I dunno how I would have felt if I spent 60 but eh.) I kind of wish they dropped the whole hero/villian meter stuff and just had the choices be their own thing. I mean this isn't a problem exclusive to infamous but I hate feeling punished unless I go all one direction. Despite being a heroic dude I was strongly considering killing Hank out of anger since it seemed ~thematic~ but I didn't since it'd just punish me. It felt like it worked a bit more with Cole since he felt way more generic personality wise, but not so much for Delsin.

I enjoyed the powers, except for Video. Stealth was good but it felt like alot more work to subdue large groups of enemies with it than smoke or neon so I barely used it, and it made phase 1 of the final encounter a bit more annoying since I didn't have a longer meter or higher missile count. Also I don't know if Augustine was intended to be a hypocrite or if this is just a case of inconsistent writing but it seemed really dumb for her to act like she was doing good for the conduits when they were doing invasive tests and torture on them, if they were just locked up in awful solitary confinement and that was it I could at least get her logic, but not really with the other crap, oh well.

Is this like a reboot or something because the public backlash against conduits seems kind of weird considering Cole saves everyone for two whole games prior. (unless he fucks up at the end of 2, I got near the end then kind of got bored and never finished it). I'm hoping they stay with Delsin for a sequel since I really like the whole changing powers thing, all I could really want in a sequel would be more powers and also more variety in sidequests.

They dudes your fighting quickly started stirring up propaganda about how the Conduits were to blame and Cole was the Devil blah blah blah. The preorder mission was about Zeke trying to cut out the bullshit and spread the truth about what happed (I hear, never got a chance to play it.)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I enjoyed the powers, except for Video. Stealth was good but it felt like alot more work to subdue large groups of enemies with it than smoke or neon so I barely used it,
Video is way better if you go evil because the demons will clear out weak enemies for you while you're stealthed. Neon is pretty bad for evil since it doesn't get slow time to make sniping easy.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 3, 2014

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I thought Augustine was a more well written character in First Light and that story was way more tonally consistent and got rid of the dumb morality system.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Surlaw posted:

I thought Augustine was a more well written character in First Light and that story was way more tonally consistent and got rid of the dumb morality system.

Augustine was way more comicbook EVIL in Second Son, then they do a thematic 180 at the last boss fight. First Light is a much tighter narrative and is better for it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Augustine's 180 in the good ending makes sense once you've seen the explanations from the evil ending and First Light.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So I take it First Light is worth picking up? How long is it?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Few hours, though you can get a lot more if you're really into arena mode. Also let's you do it as Des is you own the main game.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Depends on what you wanna get out of it. I recall it being about 2 hours, another 1 if you wanna get all the collectables. And then a lot longer if you wanna dick around in the arena challenges.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The storyline is a few hours, but then there's a ton of ingame challenges to complete, as well as a horde mode type score attack game that is SHOCKINGLY addictive. Also the lack of length means the story doesn't feel padded as much, and there's plenty of collecting and achieving to keep you busy afterwards. Personally, I like it more than Second Son.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

So, Troy Baker voiced the audio log guy right? I can't really find any info about it online, but it really sounds like him. After I heard the first log I thought it was going to end up being a Cole MacGrath/Kessler type situation.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

For anyone following this thread still, First Light is currently free on PS+. It's a fun couple of hours, especially since I hadn't played any Infamous in months

Hef Deezy
Jun 11, 2006

Show no fear. Show no emotion at all.

PhancyPants posted:

For anyone following this thread still, First Light is currently free on PS+. It's a fun couple of hours, especially since I hadn't played any Infamous in months

Definitely pick this up if you have PS+ even if you haven't played the main game. It's a good time. Zipping around Seattle with neon speed is incredibly fun.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Amazingly fun game to platinum for those that want an some easy trophies. The actual gameplay is pretty :kickinrad: with the traversal powers, almost on par with inFamous: Festival of Blood.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
About halfway through Second Son at the moment (I'm just about to gain access to the southern island and I've cleared all the northern districts). It's a ton of fun and looks absolutely gorgeous at night when I'm using Neon powers! Plus I never get tired of Delsin's poo poo eating grin during a super move. :allears:

Still a bit confused why we're meant to think of the DUP as bad guys though, Augustine aside. Keeping tabs on people who can explode you if they trip over some smoke doesn't seem as irrational and power mad as the game seems to imply.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm really bummed I miss the First Light free DL from PSPlus. :smith:

And the chances of them offering it again are basically zero, to boot. Ah well.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Fuzz posted:

It probably won't be free again but there's every chance it'll be on sale one day for 75% off or something. Not as good as free but totally worth a few bucks.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Fuzz posted:

It's still a pretty good value for $15 if you go for the platinum trophy and you should because everything you need to do is actually fun.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

The game is good and you should give money to the people who made it.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I would totally suggest a $10 purchase be okay. While I got it for free which was awesome, I do wish to own it and would pay $10 easily for it.

The one issue with PSN+ titles being given away, is that you can't pay sony for them afterwards.

Even with the Plat for I:SS, I thought Fetch had better and more functional powers when doing the arenas, I just couldn't get very far with Delsin.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Finished my Good run, went back and took the first Evil choice. Holy poo poo I don't want to do an Evil run. :smith:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Finished my Good run, went back and took the first Evil choice. Holy poo poo I don't want to do an Evil run. :smith:

It's not even really an Evil path, so much as it is a "Delsin is a whiny and entitled punk" path. It turns him from an interesting character who undergoes growth and development and instead turns him into "gently caress YOU DAD" the character.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The Good/Evil mechanic in Infamous 1 is still the best. Cole just turned into a selfish prick that gave no fucks about strangers.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Crappy Jack posted:

It's not even really an Evil path, so much as it is a "Delsin is a whiny and entitled punk" path. It turns him from an interesting character who undergoes growth and development and instead turns him into "gently caress YOU DAD" the character.

Yeah, I'm seeing this already, bah. It's frustrating because I genuinely like Delsin - and Reggie! - so seeing him go from vandal that learns to protect and see the bigger picture was enjoyable. Seeing him go from petty vandal to selfish, megalomaniac dickhead is sad.

The final run was fantastic for that. Seeing DUP patrols and blockades get assaulted by normal people sticking up for me and the rest of the Conduits was so satisfying.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The Evil Path is amazing because 90% of dialogue outside of choice scenes acts like he's still a good guy so it's totally incoherent.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Surlaw posted:

The Evil Path is amazing because 90% of dialogue outside of choice scenes acts like he's still a good guy so it's totally incoherent.

It hits the peak when (End game spoilers) Reggie says he's proud of you right before falling to his death

Haha why?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Trying to imagine how much of a goddamn gut punch that'd be if he was chewing you out though, jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
When you run up and kick Augustine in the 2nd to last boss fight to build up your karmic streak, rather than "Tyrant Punished" the alert message is "Authority Wounded".

And then when you get to the final fight she thanks Delsin for being an even bigger monster than the ones she created and broadcasts your fight to the world so that everyone knows that she beat the biggest bioterrorist threat since the Beast. All the while delsin is just ineffectually trying to make her out to be the monster.

At the end they aren't even trying to make Delsin out to be anything but a petty rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread