Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Aphrodite posted:

I got Smoke on that test, so there's at least 3 results.

I got something else, and it makes me wonder how it figures out the results, and how many there are. And if all the test results are actually power sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I got something else, and it makes me wonder how it figures out the results, and how many there are. And if all the test results are actually power sets.

Put what you got in spoilers, please.

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

Friday can't get here quick enough, I keep watching streams, and having to close them so that I don't spoil anything.

I wish I could see how big the skill tree really is.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Rinkles posted:

It doesn't sound too beefy on content. 10-15 hours for a single play through. Though there is the DLC and ARG linked side mission on top of that. Personally, I almost never sell my games despite rarely replaying them.

The karma aspect provided two very different play throughs in past games (different move sets, missions). I am expecting the same here.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

jabro posted:

Put what you got in spoilers, please.

Whoops, missed totalhell's, but still. Know your power test result: 85% positive, Masonry.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I got Pressurized Water but a friend got Concrete.

Honestly these are more likely to be potential boss fights than ones you can actually get.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I regret being spoiled on the remaining super powers (unintentionally, but I wasn't very prudent about it) but all of them seem crazy/beautiful/fun in their own way. Sucker Punch really seem to have outdone themselves.

I digitally preordered the game today, so no fear of a runaway OP anymore. Cannot wait - haven't been this excited about a game in a long while.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

IGN put up a video covering the Infamous story so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd_7bjsphA4

So many back stabs, so many plot twists.

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

Rinkles posted:

I regret being spoiled on the remaining super powers (unintentionally, but I wasn't very prudent about it) but all of them seem crazy/beautiful/fun in their own way. Sucker Punch really seem to have outdone themselves.

I digitally preordered the game today, so no fear of a runaway OP anymore. Cannot wait - haven't been this excited about a game in a long while.

Well the good news is that you there may be a 5th power, but it requires you to complete the Paper Trail website stuff, and will be patched in Day 1. It hasn't been confirmed, but Sucker Punch has been giving hints to reporters and etc.

I am not sure if this should be in spoilers or not, so I did it just to be safe. I still only know two powers that you get, and I hope to keep it that way till release.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Colt Cannon posted:

Well the good news is that you there may be a 5th power, but it requires you to complete the Paper Trail website stuff, and will be patched in Day 1. It hasn't been confirmed, but Sucker Punch has been giving hints to reporters and etc.

Oh yeah I kind of figured that one myself because Delsin's a power sponge, and where there's a usable super power there's a ubiquitous source. It's not that evident but I noticed before putting one and two together. At least that's what I think.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Rinkles posted:

IGN put up a video covering the Infamous story so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd_7bjsphA4

So many back stabs, so many plot twists.

So the canon of Infamous was always the good version? rear end in a top hat Cole was pretty great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The canon was decided based on trophy count, with the more popular version chosen.

It ended up Good for both.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I mean of course it was going to end up good because the average person is incredibly boring. It really makes the whole trophy thing sound more like lip service than anything.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I got Metal, the ability to bend and modify existing pure metals and alloys. Apparently I can do metallurgy without pollution! Caste system based on powers? Looking forward to this game.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
They seemed pretty ready to go with a Dark Side Cole from Infamous 2, which would've made this game way, way different. Kinda like Legacy of Kain.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Skychrono posted:

They seemed pretty ready to go with a Dark Side Cole from Infamous 2, which would've made this game way, way different. Kinda like Legacy of Kain.

Yeah only like I said there was no chance the majority of people would pick evil.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I got a test result I didn't see posted already:

Your results suggest you are a Wire Conduit. This ability allows you to effortlessly stretch, knot and tie cables and/or cords reaching nearly a mile in length. It may even grant the ability to create additional wire-based appendages. There are several recorded incidents of wire Conduits reinforcing damaged bridges, or binding escaped criminals and zoo animals.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

I got a test result I didn't see posted already:

Your results suggest you are a Wire Conduit. This ability allows you to effortlessly stretch, knot and tie cables and/or cords reaching nearly a mile in length. It may even grant the ability to create additional wire-based appendages. There are several recorded incidents of wire Conduits reinforcing damaged bridges, or binding escaped criminals and zoo animals.

The criminals had escaped, the zoo animals were just minding their own business.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

PantsBandit posted:

The criminals had escaped, the zoo animals were just minding their own business.

I break into the zoo each night to get at them. Ounce of prevention.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Rinkles posted:

How'd you get spoiled? Streams?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

JackDarko posted:

How'd you get spoiled? Streams?

Actually I read about it in the PS4 thread, but I didn't know what it looked like until a stream (which I didn't click, it was a preview image). Also some people are assholes about their stream naming.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
I've sunk a few hours into the game and can say its definitely an Infamous game. Fans of Infamous will love it and would recommend it to people who blew off the pevious games. The combat is fantastic and flows really nice. Theres enough diversity with your powers so you can mix it up. My biggest grip is the side missions are very vanilla open world objectives. They dont bring anything new to the genre. And the game is obviously gorgeous and well acted.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Finally preordered from Amazon today, I don't know if it's because I just want something to play on my ps4 since I played through the first two and want that impressed. The game just looks so drat good and I'm a stickler for open world games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Despite being good at FPS games on a controller, I was awful at playing Infamous 1 and 2, the shooting controls really confused me. Does Second Son have any sort of aiming assist? Grand Theft Auto V's was real good. So if it's something like that i'll be fine.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Despite being good at FPS games on a controller, I was awful at playing Infamous 1 and 2, the shooting controls really confused me. Does Second Son have any sort of aiming assist? Grand Theft Auto V's was real good. So if it's something like that i'll be fine.

GTAV's implementation wasn't so much an assist as it was an automatic lock-on. Although, for the kind of game GTA is, that was fine with me.

I'm pretty certain Second Son has nothing of the sort.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Rinkles posted:

GTAV's implementation wasn't so much an assist as it was an automatic lock-on. Although, for the kind of game GTA is, that was fine with me.

I'm pretty certain Second Son has nothing of the sort.

If it's anything like other games, eventually you'll start unlocking powers that make it a bit easier to hit stuff. Evil powers in particular are basically "Shoot in the general area of a bad guy and poo poo will get electrocuted".

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Interesting video on the sound design of Second Son
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqPk3klORD8
I kind of wish that IGN Infamous backstory was narrated by Nate Fox

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, I have 50 bucks of credit lying on my PSN account right now and with a measly $10 deal I'm tempted to just pre-order Infamous instead of renting it.

I know from the images that it's a big open environment, but what kind of open world stuff can you actually do in it? Like does Infamous do a lot of side missions and activities? Territory control? Do they lean on a lot of (ugh) collectibles?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I'd be shocked if the Blast Shards Awesome Fun Not Padding sidequest didn't return in some form. However, the previous Infamous games were pretty good about side content. There were some dynamic events but mostly it was about gaining control of territory on the map. I can't comment on Second Son because I'm not a lucky jerk who got it early, but I've heard it does have territory stuff.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Colt Cannon posted:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/Video+Game+Trade+In+Offer/pcmcat248300050002.c?id=pcmcat248300050002

Best Buy is doing a trade in of $40 for a lot of PS4 and Xbox One games, so if you want to trade in those games, you can get some Best Buy gift cards, and then use those to buy an Amazon gift card, and purchase your game via Amazon. That is what I think I am going to do. I am done with Ghosts, BF4, and rear end Creed.

Does anyone know if Best Buy do release day shipping? I'd like to avoid 2 trips to Best Buy but I'm unsure if I'll still get $40 credit on Friday.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Someone mind confirming how many powers are going to be in game? I can't find a source. I understand that this is a weird request.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JackDarko posted:

Someone mind confirming how many powers are going to be in game? I can't find a source. I understand that this is a weird request.

4. Possibly 5 with (free) release day content.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Silver Striker posted:

I'd be shocked if the Blast Shards Awesome Fun Not Padding sidequest didn't return in some form. However, the previous Infamous games were pretty good about side content. There were some dynamic events but mostly it was about gaining control of territory on the map. I can't comment on Second Son because I'm not a lucky jerk who got it early, but I've heard it does have territory stuff.
Kind of a shame they aren't bringing the custom mission editor they had in InFamous 2

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Goddamnit. My local Gamestop didn't get enough preorders so they're not doing a midnight sale.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I like Delsin's graceful left hand gesture

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh, do you have a time-slow ability?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Might be, the player's definitely activating some ability.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Precision has traditionally slowed time.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It seems there's a time dilation effect when you go into fine aim mode, since there's more of an emphasis on run and gun and less of one on the parkour cover based shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Precision has traditionally slowed time.

It did but I don't recall it being that significant.

• Locked thread