Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
2014 World Champion?
This poll is closed.
Valentino Rossi 13 19.40%
Jorge Lorenzo 13 19.40%
Dani Pedrosa 8 11.94%
Marc Marquez 33 49.25%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I would assume so because everyone was a bit closer this time. But if you add the DNFs back in, Ducati is right back in like, 9th/10th as it was all of last season. I guess the finishes will be exactly the same but maybe it'll be a little more interesting getting there this year? Improvement?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I long to be a sneering wine-drinking Euro.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The only track I've ever been on isn't even in there :(

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Every euro tv commentator sounds awesome to me. I still remember watching the Phillip Island race last year on what used to be Speed and their guys didn't even notice when Marquez missed his pit stop.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think in principle if a rider can do something but a computer does it for him instead, that's bad for racing. Generally, anyway. Obviously we don't want riders having to move a lever while they're accelerating to control the ignition advance manually, which they probably did at some point in history. And some kind of restrictions to keep costs down makes sense, so that the podium in every sport isn't just RedBull RedBull RedBull. How you actually write that into a rule book I have no idea. Seems like every major motorsport fails when trying to implement those principles.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Raven457 posted:

He'll win again this year, unless he crashes out and becomes so injured that he can't race.
I have to think that there is a decent chance of this happening. Remember how many fairly big crashes he had last year that were just blind luck that he didn't break a bone?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
How did they all settle on 16.5 as an ideal wheel size for racing?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Christ, the full song is even more annoying, I guess I should thank BT Sport for only playing that 4 second clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZVs82NBoM

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/motogp-race/the-problem-at-ducati/

quote:

Another mechanic told me about the overabundance of 7mm, 8mm, 9mm and 10mm nuts and bolts on the Desmosedici.
Seriously? I work on Indian bikes and even they don't do that.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

darth cookie posted:

I'm not saying the race was bad, because it wasn't. I'm just saying that it really seemed like an anonymous piece of tarmac that wasn't worth getting up at 3 am to look at.
I heard the BT commentators saying several times, "wow this track is so much better, what an amazing job they did! But the track still kinda sucks."

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
It annoys me so much that someone didn't have a high speed video camera on him when that happened. In this day and age.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

George Zimmer posted:

$50 for adults for a one day ticket. I went to a Grand-Am race last year that was $25 at a similarly sized circuit (Mid-Ohio), and Grand-Am was a much more visible series than AMA.
Pricing by DMG in their quest to destroy motorcycle roadracing in the United States.

I heard they're gonna redesign the road course at NHMS to run AMA there next year. I seriously hope so, would be awesome.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

xzzy posted:

Shame about Fox Sports deciding no one wants to watch it and eliminating it from their channel.
They killed it the way DMG was trying to kill AMA road racing. Made the coverage so incredibly bad that no one would want to watch it, then cancelled the programming because nobody was watching it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

n8r posted:

That's not what I was talking about. In particular F1 teams have crazy forecasting and stuff like that. The GP teams go outside the paddock and hold their hands out it seems.
And then they don't even tell the rider what to do with pit boards, they just let him screw it up for 4 laps until he crashes.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is that rough surface an optical illusion? It looks so uneven it would eat a set of pads in 2 laps.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I missed the Q, how come Marcy Marc didn't get pole? Crash?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Holy poo poo loving Cal. Holy poo poo loving Rossi!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Except Rossi because he's the best rider ever

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Lorenzo visibly did exactly that move a bunch of times in a row in one race last year. Marquez and I dunno who else were right behind him, he was causing all of them to bunch up. I don't recall any protests.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
At the time I remember thinking it was brilliant. I think it was a championship deciding race, Marcy Marc only had to finish like 5th to win it, and Lorenzo had the pace to win the race but for him to have a chance in the championship, MM would have to crash out or something. So Lorenzo deliberately got in front and held everyone up, apparently in the hopes that all the other guys behind him might interfere with Marc. Eventually it turned out it was causing Lorenzo as many problems as anyone else, so he gave up and rode out ahead full speed, won the race but not the championship.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is there some footage of the moto3 incident?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Do you want to touch him consistently real soon?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I like Rossi he's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

echomadman posted:

you might as well watch robots riding camels
2015 thread title?

• Locked thread