Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
There's a character I'll never use or care about, and I like Bruce Lee a lot. I would have been happy with another old UFC fighter, or even if they ripped a few of the old Fight Night models and had some boxers in there for the gently caress of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Bubba Smith posted:

There's a character I'll never use or care about, and I like Bruce Lee a lot. I would have been happy with another old UFC fighter, or even if they ripped a few of the old Fight Night models and had some boxers in there for the gently caress of it.

Are they going to have fighters from Pride and early UFC? I would much rather have, say, Dan Severn in the game than Bruce Lee.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
gently caress y'all I'm still holding out for Tank Abbott despite everything

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004

EvanSchenck posted:

Are they going to have fighters from Pride and early UFC? I would much rather have, say, Dan Severn in the game than Bruce Lee.

They aren't doing Pride mode but I don't think they said there wouldn't or couldn't be Pride fighters.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

If I had any interest in buying a next gen console, I would play out Anderson Silva vs Bruce Lee all day every day.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
hmm we could put in the most popular martial artist of all time or we could put in dan severn. tough call.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

attackmole posted:

hmm we could put in the most popular martial artist of all time or we could put in dan severn. tough call.

You mean that Dan Severn isn't the most popular martial artist of all time? I don't want to live in this world.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

if I can pit Bruce Lee against Bruce Lee I will buy this for certain.

[bonus points for unlockable Brandon Lee, The Crow & Rapid Fire versions]

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I want that dude from Tekkan. And that Anime who beat Aoki.

Actually, ya know what, they may be the same person.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dead Snoopy posted:

if I can pit Bruce Lee against Bruce Lee I will buy this for certain.

[bonus points for unlockable Brandon Lee, The Crow & Rapid Fire versions]

Do you think they will really release a game where you can shoot in on Brandon Lee?

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Wow, Kill Bill lady is going to be in the new game.
I'd play her, doubly so if she comes with an eye pluck move.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
It's Bruce Leeroy.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Novum posted:

It's Bruce Leeroy.

Sho'nuff

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
They revealed the cover of the game and have now pushed the release to "early summer"

Cover could have been cooler imo. Not surprised that they moved the release date back ~1 month.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
They should have just used a shot from the fight

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Bubba Smith posted:

They revealed the cover of the game and have now pushed the release to "early summer"

Cover could have been cooler imo. Not surprised that they moved the release date back ~1 month.

I like the way the cover tells the story of them fighting so well by having them doing shadowboxing moves while not facing each other.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

Eh it'll probably be pretty cool. My guess would be they'll have him be from either 125 to LW or bantam to WW.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
It's cool cause it looks kinda like Jones has got his leg caught on the EA logo and Gustaffson is being a good dude and helping him.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
IT'S THE ICO US BOX ART ALL OVER AGAIN :cry:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Bruce Lee confirmed. You get him by beating career mode on Pro difficulty or higher, but pre-orders unlock him from the beginning.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's better than the "Stern man looking at camera" covers EA have got going on their current PS4/Xbone games and it fits EA's previous style with their covers so I think it's pretty good.

It might be because the covers are at an angle, but the UFC's logo looks a little off to me.

e: Eurogamer have put a solid date of 17th June on the game. That's a Tuesday, so it might be the 20th for the UK and 19th for mainland Europe.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
I'm weirdly excited about being able to play as Bruce Lee. Good job EA, it's me I'm the sucker.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That cover is ridiculously bad. Not like it really matters anyway. Bad box art is an art unto itself and will probably only increase sales.

Bruce Lee wearing UFC branded poo poo looks seriously tacky. Going to make a CAF 70's Chuck Norris to fight him with.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

startling accurate Alistair Overeem KO in this new gameplay trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9keNVYmERI

The striking doesn't look "grounded" enough from other Undisputed games which is a bummer but it still looks like a lot of fun to do dumb things. I'm hyped.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Those animations look like poo poo and the canned animations for when you knock a guy down are lifted out of Fight Night.

I'm hopeful for a demo, but this is looking bargain bin at best for me.

E: I don't understand why developers aren't realising that poor animations makes games look terrible even when they're going for ultra realistic likenesses like this game is.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 7, 2014

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The important thing is Mario looks pretty good.

Edit: Also if they don't have Burt Watson yelling "ALL NIGHT LONG BABY - TONIGHT IS YOUR NIGHT" before the fighters enter the arena it's not gonna feel like the authentic UFC experience.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 7, 2014

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Looks fine and fun to me but I'm no video game expert.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Aurain posted:

Those animations look like poo poo and the canned animations for when you knock a guy down are lifted out of Fight Night.

I've got a bad feeling this game is going from a under-resourced developer who actually gives a poo poo about the UFC, to a well-resourced dev who thinks they can mollify the crowd with some warmed up leftovers from EA MMA and Fight Night in a next-gen sauce and get away with some extra money.

The fact that they were on video blackout up until just a month ago or so is bad news and a delay after something like that doesn't scream "we just need a bit more time to polish".

This was the game that was going to make or break a next-gen system purchase for me and so far it's looking like I'll be able to wait it out until the next price drop.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I totally understand why they're unleashing a lot of info now the fiscal year at EA has probably swapped over, but the fact that EA aren't showing much about it sets off a few alarm bells. We still haven't seen a simple fight in game, just preselected clips from camera angles that you will never see the game from during game play.

The fact that the UFC aren't hyping and shilling the hell out of this thing is way more concerning because they're not exactly shy about shilling anything that has a UFC logo on it, but we've seen nothing on their end, as though they know themselves that it's probably not that good.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

The animations do look really lovely but it's more about how it feels to play than how it looks on video. Though I'm not exactly optimistic on that front either.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

edit: gently caress

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 8, 2014

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

PAAAAAAAIGE!!!

That would be an interesting addition to the game.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

this is what i get for trying to catch up on threads during raw

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I think you guys are being a little hard on the footage so far calling it bargain bin before having a chance to play it. I do see some cool things with the animation in that trailer, such as it looks like Conor McGregor dynamically knocks Clay Guida off balance to take him down which could be fun as heck to do with a well-timed Jose Aldo leg kick.

The problem with the animations to me are the huge reactions from being hit, where everybody's head flies around like they just haymakered by Mark Hunt regardless of weight class or strike. The two reasons for that could be: 1) they wanted to show only big strikes in the trailer and during the real game the hit reactions will be much more subdued and natural (I don't remember this being a problem in the Fight Night games so it would seem weird for them to do it now) or 2) they felt like the game was more fun when every strike felt like it could end the fight. The second one would be dumb for a fight simulation, but would be fun for a "holy poo poo Demetrious Johnson kicks way harder than I thought"

Either way I still have my pre-order in and until I see something damning I don't think it'll be a bad MMA game, just maybe not the leap a two year, new studio, next-gen development cycle should have brought.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I can't wait to spam head kicks at your head areas with an abomination create a fighter, fellow goons.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
I still think this looks really awesome and can't wait to play it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm a total nerd and come from the school of looking down on video games to make myself feel better about my own lovely opinions regarding them.

I probably am being overly critical about the game but none of the things we're seeing are encouraging signs about the game and I don't want to squash someone else's hype for it if they have it, but eh, I'm just saying what I'm seeing. I hope the game is awesome and I look like an idiot for thinking it'll be kind of bad instead of really good.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Apparently there will be a demo at some point, so we'll be able to see for ourselves before dropping :10bux:.

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
Thank god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Biafraid posted:

Thank god.

Seconding that, I'm looking forward to that despite my hesitancy towards the game.

I'll try putting up a fight or two from the PS4 record feature and linking them for people who don't have a next gen console to see how it plays if people are interested in that when the demo comes around.

• Locked thread