Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Suspect Bucket posted:

I've an idea for one, but no image manipulator on hand. Can it have a white to black gradient for a background, and in the white area have "Wahey!" in black impact, and in the black area, "Boo-urns" in red impact?

Simple enough.

But, how about reversible versions of this idea? Add some spice and variety to matches. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

tlarn posted:

Simple enough.

But, how about reversible versions of this idea? Add some spice and variety to matches. :3:

I love it and I love you.

Sleepwise
Jul 9, 2012
*Blinds a man*
:v:: "Stop selling."

I can't take the name "Lister Compton" seriously. I just think of "Mister Lister, The Sister Fister." 2010-era 4chan for you.

God knows how you've got all this MDickie knowledge. I reckon you and he must secretly be mates or something.

Dyslexiactic
Mar 1, 2011

I'm angry and I want to express it somehow.
:sun:

Dang, I just realised someoned should photoshop Lazza on Will Smith for a Mic Willie Style poster.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Thanks for the signs, they made me laugh out loud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvejLDUKQcU

An episode full of happenings, including our man getting his hands on MDickie himself, and also our first death in the universe that we were involved in. Good times for Larry.

:siren:

I'm looking into getting a new microphone as I currently use a creative fatality headset. Only to get that clear quality voice, rather than occasionally tinny and poppy/clicky/blowy that I sometimes get in my vids.

I record via stereo mix [green/pink jacks], I guess a dedicated mic [usb] would be similar in terms of recording game audio / voice?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Microphone-Snowball-iCE-Adjustable/dp/B006DIA77E/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

This looks nice, as ever, I don't want to go too mental, just something with a bit more clarity and to play off my bassy tones.

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Mar 28, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

AJ Style left TNA because they can't pay him what he asked for. Note that he was their world heavyweight champion until he left.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Testekill posted:

AJ Style left TNA because they can't pay him what he asked for. Note that he was their world heavyweight champion until he left.

Sounds like something that would happen in the Mdickie universe!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

simosimo posted:

Sounds like something that would happen in the Mdickie universe!

Life imitating "art"

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Good to see Radical Larry back. I followed your Wrestling Revolution LP before it disappeared.

Did you by any chance follow the riveting tale of Bully Demise?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Been a Larry fan during your first run.

Great to see season 2 of Larry's journey.
The real question is when will Larry regain his "explosive" Larryborn powers?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

EzEight posted:

This time Larry hasn't even used any dirty tricks to fix his stats, has he? Maybe, he'll be able to rip refs limb from limb without the powers granted by bad karma.

Sleepwise
Jul 9, 2012
That audio error on the menus is so bloody apt for all this.

As for your Snowball mic, I hear that's generally the preferred brand for LPs. Mesh has one, he's a massive prick but that's not the point. Have a listen : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKvAxH0HKKk

RiP Adam Bradbury, nevar 4get. ;_; He's jobbing for Jesus now

Sleepwise fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 28, 2014

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Thanks a lot simosimo, you've gotten me to download this game.

Now, how the hell did you get it to run in windowed mode? It's not doing any such thing for me.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Lizard Wizard posted:

Thanks a lot simosimo, you've gotten me to download this game.

Now, how the hell did you get it to run in windowed mode? It's not doing any such thing for me.

There's a windowed exe in the game directory, make a new shortcut to that :]

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Two low-effort signs. Sorry for the quality on :vince:, it's the biggest version of this thing I could find

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

EzEight posted:

I thought the explosions got kind of old in the last LP, and I wouldn't mind if they were kept to a minimum this time around. This game is already ridiculous and funny enough, and if we want to kill/dismember someone we should do it the old fashioned way instead of using shortcuts. Death and destruction is more satisfying if you earn it. :unsmigghh:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Here's some more signs for you.

Raptor Adaptor
Jun 2, 2013
I like reading tose headlines between matches sometimes, like Coach Emerson leaving his own wrestling school to pursue a career in maple leaf, MDickie becoming friends with Liam Neeson (you wish mat) and Tony Land turning heel and being "portrayed in a negative light" didnt have to turn him heel for us to feel that way.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Any chance you could post a link to your texture pack overhaul thingy? I wouldn't mind trying it.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 29, 2014

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

nine-gear crow posted:

Here's some more signs for you.

*God bless you, Nine Gear Crow.

*Satan

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

While we're on the topic of MDickie games, something weird I noticed about SuperGreatFriend's Let's Play of Hard Time: it's totally different from the Hard Time in Making of a Prophet 2's LP. Were there multiple versions of it? One was more conventionally 3d, the other was a side-scroller.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Speedball posted:

While we're on the topic of MDickie games, something weird I noticed about SuperGreatFriend's Let's Play of Hard Time: it's totally different from the Hard Time in Making of a Prophet 2's LP. Were there multiple versions of it? One was more conventionally 3d, the other was a side-scroller.
There's the old 3D and a the new moble Hard Time 2D listed on MDickie website.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Raptor Adaptor posted:

I like reading tose headlines between matches sometimes, like Coach Emerson leaving his own wrestling school to pursue a career in maple leaf, MDickie becoming friends with Liam Neeson (you wish mat) and
It should be remembered that Liam Neeson is some old fat guy with white hair and dissociative identity disorder, not the actor Liam Neeson. I do agree though, the random poo poo going on behind the scenes is great, really helps flesh out the dumb dumb MDickie universe.

Raptor Adaptor posted:

Tony Land turning heel and being "portrayed in a negative light" didnt have to turn him heel for us to feel that way.
Tony Land is a good guy at heart.

E: Because I enjoy drawing fat guys in women's underwear.

A Buttery Pastry fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 29, 2014

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Jesus, that's beautiful.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I never noticed Andy Lindley's first costume had elbow pads.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

For any poor souls like myself who have been stricken with the unfortunate urge to play Wrestling Mpire Remix, you can find simosimo's HD thingo here, since the link provided via Mdickie's page is broken - surprising no one.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
That is wmhd 1.0. It is more or less the same (I actually made my own wrestlers / parodies for it) and is for Wrestling MPIRE 2008. Where as the version we see me play is updated for remix sans the wrestlers I made as I hated doing that. Game wise you're not missing anything other than a few Mickie made guys (mine were better IMO) and some newer textures here and there.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oh, cripes. Will it work with Remix? :psyduck:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Lizard Wizard posted:

Oh, cripes. Will it work with Remix? :psyduck:

Remix is literally wm 2008 with a few updated guys made by the dickster. As you can imagine 2008 is quite old now, remix was released in late 2011/12 so people like cm punk (slam dunk) are in, but only a few. I know most of the dickie universe and there are only about 15 additions so don't sweat it :)

That link you found is a stand alone release made by me, it's wm2008 repackaged as an exe with all my overhauls. Please excuse if this is long winded I am fuched up.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I just watched episode 5. At 3:10 and a bit onward... Is that a Pistol on the floor? Kyle's left foot lands next to it when you toss him face first out of the ring.

I'm more surprised Larry Lister walked right past it to toss Kyle around some more, but I guess a gun would end Kyle's suffering too soon for his tastes. Such as the antics at the start of the second match demonstrate :allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 30, 2014

Dyslexiactic
Mar 1, 2011

I'm angry and I want to express it somehow.
:sun:

Section Z posted:

So I just watched episode 5. At 3:10 and a bit onward... Is that a Pistol on the floor? Kyle's left foot lands next to it when you toss him face first out of the ring.

I'm pretty sure Larry (or maybe Andy at the time) used a gun as a weapon in the one of the backstage brawls from an earlier episode. Sadly, it seems that you cannot actually fire the weapon in Remix. I'm pretty sure in simosimo's Wrestling Revolution LP, MDickie programmed the gun such that it could fire :allears:.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Section Z posted:

So I just watched episode 5. At 3:10 and a bit onward... Is that a Pistol on the floor?
They don't shoot in this one.

I wonder, if it's possible to bring the assault rifle code from Hard Time into the world of wrestling.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried using a gamepad with Wresling Mpire? How well does it work?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
crossposting from the punchsport games thread:

MDickie's new 3D project is looking interesting, let's hope he releases a PC version [and moddable].

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=686335698097943

Sorry for facebook video link, no youtube

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

simosimo posted:

crossposting from the punchsport games thread:

MDickie's new 3D project is looking interesting, let's hope he releases a PC version [and moddable].

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=686335698097943

Sorry for facebook video link, no youtube
No random falling down in that video, 2 rings, cool rolling, AND directional lighting? Looks slick as hell for MDickie. The world of wrestling games really would be so much better if the big guys stole MDickie's ideas.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFkZTtzZeSg

Ol wassis face books us in more matches and Larry eats em up. Rising Sun Puroreso pearl harbours Fed-Online. Tune in for your favourite fix of wrestling action!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
The Dickster's sure got it out for our man Larry. It's almost like he wants you to kill him in the ring!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I agree. If you ever get another chance, you should bust out your special trick expecially for him.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
The game is trying to tell you that Larry likes to wear women's underwear in public, and it's not for you to judge. Another reflection of how precious little control you have in this game.

EDITS:
I'm just imagine Whack Axe trying to pin, looking bewildered and yelling "C'mon Ref!" and Larry's standing there, looking at his phone and going, "Oh hey, iOs has a new slide to answer thingie. Never noticed that before."

Oh man, Crazy Jew. An investment banker gone wrong. I love it.

Midwinter is your total opposite, I can see the two of you having a crazy rivalry basically forever. He just keeps trying to be a good, honest wrestler and you mic him to the willy! Only the bravest of men endure.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Can you change Larry's finisher?

It's getting kind of stale having the finisher be some regular slam.

• Locked thread