Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I found a great use for cars: A really fast one (eg, Temptress) is very handy for getting around when you're replaying the game without fully upgrading your running and jumping powers until the endgame because the game glitched the first time through and didn't properly unlock some of the later upgrades because they don't unlock automatically after a certain plot trigger if you already have the prerequisites and caused you to miss the trophy for getting all the powers and even though you always tell everyone you don't really care that much about Trophies you're going through the whole game again because honestly it'd be a shame to just give up on it and I'll just get through the plot as quickly as possible so I can get to the plot trigger and then unlock all the powers and I HAVE A PROBLEM OKAY?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Fedule posted:

I found a great use for cars: A really fast one (eg, Temptress) is very handy for getting around when you're replaying the game without fully upgrading your running and jumping powers until the endgame because the game glitched the first time through and didn't properly unlock some of the later upgrades because they don't unlock automatically after a certain plot trigger if you already have the prerequisites and caused you to miss the trophy for getting all the powers and even though you always tell everyone you don't really care that much about Trophies you're going through the whole game again because honestly it'd be a shame to just give up on it and I'll just get through the plot as quickly as possible so I can get to the plot trigger and then unlock all the powers and I HAVE A PROBLEM OKAY?!

This was basically me when I played MGS3 on PS3 because I kept missing kerotans and some food items. :argh:

New episode time!

Also this is my favorite moment of the episode, as you could probably tell from the episode banner:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Alien SMG and Alien Pistol are pretty god drat great. Rifle and Shotgun- eh, not so much.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Who would not want to romance Shrek.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
[Earth Blows up]

Hey Kinzie, let's gently caress!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

A Tartan Tory posted:

[Earth Blows up]

Hey Kinzie, let's gently caress!

In trying times it's imperative to keep morale up.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

Alien SMG and Alien Pistol are pretty god drat great. Rifle and Shotgun- eh, not so much.

The rifle's unique upgrade makes it really useful in the sections in the alien spaceship. In the sim, not so much, but there were times I was grateful for having it set up right.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait a minute, is YamiNoSenshi's character supposed to be Archer? :haw:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

chiasaur11 posted:

The rifle's unique upgrade makes it really useful in the sections in the alien spaceship. In the sim, not so much, but there were times I was grateful for having it set up right.

This might actually be why I don't like the alien weapons that much. One of my goals for this LP was to upgrade them to see if they were any better out of the simulation. :v:

RareAcumen posted:

By his own admission, yes! He couldn't get the suit right though, so he improvised.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I am so glad somebody guessed it. Turns out there isn't just a regular old suit in the game, at least not that I could find. Since you can't buy the presidential suit, you can't change what color it is.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

YamiNoSenshi posted:

I am so glad somebody guessed it. Turns out there isn't just a regular old suit in the game, at least not that I could find. Since you can't buy the presidential suit, you can't change what color it is.

As far as I can tell, you can buy literally every part of that suit except for the jacket and tie combo, which is a really strange omission. You can mod them back in, but I'm not sure how co-op friendly that mod is.

Edit: Very co-op friendly, it seems!

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 5, 2014

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ChaosArgate posted:

This might actually be why I don't like the alien weapons that much. One of my goals for this LP was to upgrade them to see if they were any better out of the simulation. :v:

They are. It's totally worth upgrading them just for the out-of-sim bits. The SMG in particular I found was pretty awesome fully upgraded (although not to the level that the in-sim weapons are).

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hey look, we found out how to make the Dubstep Gun 100% inoffensive!

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
huh. weird. It's only in 360p.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

legoman727 posted:

huh. weird. It's only in 360p.

It's probably still processing. My source video is 1080p.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

So you can see other players waypoints in this game?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

So you can see other players waypoints in this game?

Apparently, yes! I think it might be that the co-op buddy can see the host's waypoints and not the other way around, but I have to double check that later.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
I know for certain that manual-waypoints show up both ways.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It's so weird how Crackdown-ish this game feels.

Also sad that you can't be completely naked. :( Wasn't that possible in one of the Saints?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Mehuyael posted:

It's so weird how Crackdown-ish this game feels.

Also sad that you can't be completely naked. :( Wasn't that possible in one of the Saints?

You can be, actually. I decided to give Dr. Manhattan a g-string so the nudie blur wouldn't be there.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

I came here from Kaubocks's SR2 thread and my goodness this is amazing :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Minus Green posted:

I came here from Kaubocks's SR2 thread and my goodness this is amazing :allears:

I'm happy you're enjoying it so far! The game itself only gets better from here!

New episode today because I had it ready. Sliiightly :nms:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
Those glitch enemies are great and I wish they used them a little more often. I also have to agree about the dismal look of SRIV. It's just so unappealing to look at, and it's kept me from wanting to replay it a whole bunch like I did with SRIII. As mentioned, you can change it (it is a simulation after all) but only in the post-game.

The grainy filter also bugs the hell out of me because it can make it difficult to make out things sometimes. :(

On a more positive note, the Screaming Eagle is so AWESOME!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Mr. Soop posted:

Those glitch enemies are great and I wish they used them a little more often. I also have to agree about the dismal look of SRIV. It's just so unappealing to look at, and it's kept me from wanting to replay it a whole bunch like I did with SRIII. As mentioned, you can change it (it is a simulation after all) but only in the post-game.

The grainy filter also bugs the hell out of me because it can make it difficult to make out things sometimes. :(

On a more positive note, the Screaming Eagle is so AWESOME!

Oh yeah, that reminds me! So it turns out IdolNinja, modder extraordinaire, made a mod for this game (PC version only, sorry console players) that unlocks the simulation time of day controls way early! It can be found here. I mentioned that I might install the mod, but it turns out that it just changes the unlock point from the final mission of the game to the mission where you escape the simulation for the first time, so it would lock this file out of the time of day controls. Endfinity Jon of Volition staff mentioned in that mod post that the idea was to have it slowly adjust colors to show that you're taking control, which can be seen with flashpoints, hot spots and towers as they all go from red to blue after you're through with them.

Also, funny thing about that grainy filter; turns out there's an option to turn it off in the graphics settings. :v: Skippy and I had a good laugh over that before we started recording. And yes, the Screaming Eagle is just amazing and is now one of my favorite tools in this game. :allears:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

It's more of purplish blue in hoods you have full control over, IIRC.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

So the Dubstep Gun Remix had one of the greatest trailer videos for it. Here it is if you've never seen it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9vk0FWGSHY

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I really like the clasical music during all this havok.
But it is kind of irritating, when Zinyak decides to read Jane Austen. Focusing on 3 different sets of voices is hard.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 11, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Mr Tastee posted:

It's more of purplish blue in hoods you have full control over, IIRC.

Yeah, it does have a purplish tint to it since we are the Saints, after all.

Mage_Boy posted:

So the Dubstep Gun Remix had one of the greatest trailer videos for it. Here it is if you've never seen it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9vk0FWGSHY

That is an amazing trailer. :allears:

Air is lava! posted:

I really like the clasical music during all this havok.
But it is kind of irritating, when Zinyak decides to read Jane Austen. Focusing on 3 different sets of voices is hard.

Someone did bring this up earlier in the thread. Should I record the ramblings of the radio hosts and upload them separate for the thread so they don't have to try to pick it out between commentary tracks and character audio?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mr. Soop posted:

Those glitch enemies are great and I wish they used them a little more often.
If you like them, there's a mod that increases the range of the rifts, so the glitched pedestrians you see around them will start to appear further out.

ChaosArgate posted:

Endfinity Jon of Volition staff mentioned in that mod post that the idea was to have it slowly adjust colors to show that you're taking control, which can be seen with flashpoints, hot spots and towers as they all go from red to blue after you're through with them.
The sky also lightens in areas you control, I think.

Air is lava! posted:

Because of the fact that you're hearing the radio all the time rather than just in vehicles (like the previous games), the DJs and songs actually get really repetitive too.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tiggum posted:

Because of the fact that you're hearing the radio all the time rather than just in vehicles (like the previous games), the DJs and songs actually get really repetitive too.

Are there any mods that allows a radio channel for custom playlists (or adding your own tracks?).

Next best thing is running Winamp or some other program with global hotkeys.

Watching this LP makes me want to play through all the DLC I skipped

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

There is a way to do it, as shown here, but be aware that it's not as easy as just dropping stuff into a folder. I'm probably not going to make use of it because I'd just stick tons of Metal Gear Rising music and that's gonna get me flagged for content id matches.

Friendly reminder (that is in no way shape or form brought on by the small amount of guest reserves I have left) that if you'd like to take part in the LP, just ask!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ChaosArgate posted:

Friendly reminder (that is in no way shape or form brought on by the small amount of guest reserves I have left) that if you'd like to take part in the LP, just ask!

I'd definitely like to, having all the super powers lends itself to some crazy fun in dense populations

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'd definitely like to, having all the super powers lends itself to some crazy fun in dense populations

You can't use any powers until the host unlocks them, but once he does you get all the upgrades for it you had. I didn't have super sprint until we went through the mission for it, afterwards I had infinite stamina and could literally run circles around him.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

YamiNoSenshi posted:

You can't use any powers until the host unlocks them, but once he does you get all the upgrades for it you had. I didn't have super sprint until we went through the mission for it, afterwards I had infinite stamina and could literally run circles around him.

Ah, didn't know that. Just means you can immediately wreak havoc once the host unlocks it

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I don't understand what happened. Not in the slightest. Also this episode and the next are going to sound a little weird because I had to switch microphones because I was getting tech issues with my usual one. As always, if it's not available, try again in a few minutes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I've got to apologise for my audio. I thought I had a better microphone but it turns out my headset is broken and I only thought to test that the day before recording so I was using my laptop's built-in mic (which I also didn't realise was so bad). Also you can hear my ridiculously loud keyboard clicking all the time, which I wasn't aware of until just now. I did have fun though.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Can you wait around the full 50 minutes instead if you want to?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Poil posted:

You know, I've never tried that because I have all of the patience of a goldfish when it comes to Saints Row. I'll try it tonight and if it's interesting, it'll be up as a bonus video.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

You know, I've never tried that because I have all of the patience of a goldfish when it comes to Saints Row. I'll try it tonight and if it's interesting, it'll be up as a bonus video.
Um, you really don't have to. It sounds like the kind of thing that would burn you out badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Poil posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't. The timer disappears when Kinzie tells you to move.

• Locked thread