Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Oh yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Well, before we get to Pam, here's a little preview for next time.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Edit: Quick, someone check my math. I did Pierce's question with his planar lamina and found the center of mass to be (sqrt(2), 6/5).

Well, there's no density function, so the question's actually unanswerable, as stated. If you assume a constant density function, that can't be the center of mass, since the y coordinate is way too high. The region being described is kind of a right-angled triangle (one edge is curved inwards), with the right angle at (2,0) and the other two vertices at (0,0) and (2,sqrt(2)) - based on that, your y coordinate is in the upper half of the triangle, which doesn't make sense.

I get a total area of (4 * sqrt(2)) / 3, and a center of mass of (6 / 5 , 3 / (4 * sqrt(2))) - which is the lower right quadrant of the triangle. That's at least the right quadrant. No idea if the coordinates are correct though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

moebius2778 posted:

Well, there's no density function, so the question's actually unanswerable, as stated. If you assume a constant density function, that can't be the center of mass, since the y coordinate is way too high. The region being described is kind of a right-angled triangle (one edge is curved inwards), with the right angle at (2,0) and the other two vertices at (0,0) and (2,sqrt(2)) - based on that, your y coordinate is in the upper half of the triangle, which doesn't make sense.

I get a total area of (4 * sqrt(2)) / 3, and a center of mass of (6 / 5 , 3 / (4 * sqrt(2))) - which is the lower right quadrant of the triangle. That's at least the right quadrant. No idea if the coordinates are correct though.

Yeah, there was something funky about the center of mass being so high up. I've had weirder problems, but those at least gave the density.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

Well, before we get to Pam, here's a little preview for next time.

Awesome.

This LP motivated me to finally get around to playing the dang game myself instead of watching a friend of mine play on his 360. Figured I'd keep up with the LP...I'm four hours in now and can't stop playing :negative:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

oldskool posted:

Awesome.

This LP motivated me to finally get around to playing the dang game myself instead of watching a friend of mine play on his 360. Figured I'd keep up with the LP...I'm four hours in now and can't stop playing :negative:

This game has a habit of doing that to you. First time I played, I expected to play only for an hour or so. Then I realized like 4 hours passed. Then the next time I checked the time played on Steam, it was 28 hours.

Anyway, new episode. If it's not available yet, try again after a few minutes. Somehow I managed to get this episode exactly 10 seconds longer than the last.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
Shrekboss is amazing, and so are takedowns. My favorite is the one that poses for the camera. From SR3:

ChaosArgate, be wary of the radio stations. A Youtube copyright claim has ruined many a Saints Row LP's. And made one in particular better.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Shrekboss is amazing, and so are takedowns. My favorite is the one that poses for the camera. From SR3:

ChaosArgate, be wary of the radio stations. A Youtube copyright claim has ruined many a Saints Row LP's. And made one in particular better.

I actually did get a copyright claim for this video, but it wasn't for a radio station. :confused: Apparently one of the Planet Zin songs is copyrighted or something. Definitely going to avoid the radio from now on though, just to be safe. I really hope that takedown is still in this game, the best one I've seen so far is the one where you grab a guy's head with your thighs, spin them around while posing and then just slam them down.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Flashpoints are as you said, essentially rebranded Saints Row the Third gang ops, which are not present in the earlier games. All but one of the other Target types (Security Deletion, Virus Collection, Hotspots and Virus Injections) are rebranded versions of old Saints Row things (Hitman, Chop Shop, Strongholds, Survival). Strongholds had cutscenes and a bit more variety than Hotspots, but are basically the same. Survival was itself essentially a rebranding of Pushbacks from the first two games. The one totally new thing categorised as a Target is the Towers.

ChaosArgate posted:

Definitely going to avoid the radio from now on though, just to be safe.

You're probably mostly safe if you avoid the more popular stuff, but to avoid having to re-record stuff cutting out the radio's probably not a bad idea. You'll want to prepare for certain missions where particular songs play as well in case you need to substitute the audio.

ChaosArgate posted:

I really hope that takedown is still in this game

I don't think it is, unfortunately. But it won't be long before your standard mêlée takedowns are replaced (within the simulation at least) anyway though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Flashpoints are as you said, essentially rebranded Saints Row the Third gang ops, which are not present in the earlier games. All but one of the other Target types (Security Deletion, Virus Collection, Hotspots and Virus Injections) are rebranded versions of old Saints Row things (Hitman, Chop Shop, Strongholds, Survival). Strongholds had cutscenes and a bit more variety than Hotspots, but are basically the same. Survival was itself essentially a rebranding of Pushbacks from the first two games. The one totally new thing categorised as a Target is the Towers.

Huh, you know, it never really hit me that those other target types were the same ones from older games until you mentioned it. Good to know!

Tiggum posted:

You're probably mostly safe if you avoid the more popular stuff, but to avoid having to re-record stuff cutting out the radio's probably not a bad idea. You'll want to prepare for certain missions where particular songs play as well in case you need to substitute the audio.

There is one mission later on that I really, really hope doesn't get hit because of a song that plays. :ohdear:

Also, I just remembered that Zinyak has a Twitter.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I actually did get a copyright claim for this video, but it wasn't for a radio station. :confused: Apparently one of the Planet Zin songs is copyrighted or something. Definitely going to avoid the radio from now on though, just to be safe. I really hope that takedown is still in this game, the best one I've seen so far is the one where you grab a guy's head with your thighs, spin them around while posing and then just slam them down.

I think the classical music station is pretty safe - most of its stuff is public domain. However, how much you and your audience can stomach classical music is up to you to assess.

double nine fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 25, 2014

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

double nine posted:

I think the classical music station is pretty safe - most of its stuff is public domain. However, how much you and your audience can stomach classical music is up to you to assess.

The DJ of the classical station is pretty good, at least.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I love that the takedowns are all pro wrestling moves. Did Shrek boss do a loving STUNNER?!

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

legoman727 posted:

I love that the takedowns are all pro wrestling moves. Did Shrek boss do a loving STUNNER?!

He did a stone cold stunner bah gawd.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

legoman727 posted:

Why the hell not? I can't think of a martial art ("martial art") that fits Saints Row more than pro wrestling. :vince:

Also, if you're still taking requests: Vince McMahon.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I really hope that takedown is still in this game, the best one I've seen so far is the one where you grab a guy's head with your thighs, spin them around while posing and then just slam them down.

The running face-slam is a running facebuster, and the spinning one you like is a running hurricanrana.

Yeah, wrestling and the Saints are a very good fit.

(and I'm glad this video shows that the game will be typical Saints Row stuff - while the first video was interesting plot-wise, the gameplay look pretty dull)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

biosterous posted:

The running face-slam is a running facebuster, and the spinning one you like is a running hurricanrana.

Yeah, wrestling and the Saints are a very good fit.

(and I'm glad this video shows that the game will be typical Saints Row stuff - while the first video was interesting plot-wise, the gameplay look pretty dull)

I wouldn't call this game typical Saints Row stuff, but it's certainly Saints Row as all gently caress.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I like how trying to recreate Shrek's clothes pretty much just put him right back into the 50's sitcom dad outfit.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Krysmphoenix posted:

Man, I have two requests and I'm not sure which one I want more.

Option 1: The Boss, that is from MGS3.

You should do this one for one mission. You know which one.

Edit: The opening scene of this game was enough to make me fall in love with it. As soon as that Aerosmith song started playing while climbing the rocket I knew I was in for one hell of a time.

Mage_Boy fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 26, 2014

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

oldskool posted:

The DJ of the classical station is pretty good, at least.

Until you've heard all he has to say three times over. The radio stations in this game really suffer for being accessible everywhere. When you had to be in a vehicle to hear them it took a lot longer to get sick of them, but I ended up turning the radio off after a while in SR4 because it's too repetitive.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
I got to play this game for one glorious weekend and loved every minute of it.

Glad to see this LP'ed. Thought it would be a few more months before it was LP'ed but glad I was wrong.

Planning on doing the DLC? 100%?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
oh man it's shrek in saint's row

M.Ciaster posted:

Why the hell not? I can't think of a martial art ("martial art") that fits Saints Row more than pro wrestling. :vince:

+1 :vince:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Fire Storm posted:

I got to play this game for one glorious weekend and loved every minute of it.

Glad to see this LP'ed. Thought it would be a few more months before it was LP'ed but glad I was wrong.

Planning on doing the DLC? 100%?

I picked up the DLC a few days ago, so we'll get to it. Question is though, go in blind with a knowledgeable guest or play it beforehand?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

ChaosArgate posted:

I picked up the DLC a few days ago, so we'll get to it. Question is though, go in blind with a knowledgeable guest or play it beforehand?

It's fun even without a knowledgeable guest. Much more fun without any knowledge. Guest optional.

Also if you're taking Boss Design requests please make a Jim Carrey look-a-like, as close to Ace Ventura as possible.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
God drat. I played this game almost the whole way through and never realized the cache/cash connection. I pronounced it 'caysh'.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

M.Ciaster posted:

Agreeing with this, we're gonna need to show these alien bastards that they have no chance in hell.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

ChaosArgate posted:

There is one mission later on that I really, really hope doesn't get hit because of a song that plays. :ohdear:

Also, I just remembered that Zinyak has a Twitter.

I think I know what you are talking about, and from what I've seen YT doesn't look like it throws too much of a poo poo storm about it. I really hope they don't flag it. It's funny in so many ways.

Also Zinyak's an OK dude. If it weren't for his takeover of mankind I could get to like him.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vince McMahon is a real life cartoon character and would probably identify with the boss on a deep fundamental level.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Because I am totally on the ball, I completely forgot to upload this episode's banner before leaving for work, so I'll have that up tonight. It's just a small snippet of the episode thumbnail, really.

Also, should I keep doing one episode every few days, or should I release them two at a time since every other episode is probably going to be full of just diversions and cleaning out the simulation.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 31, 2014

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
A destructive cartwheel of 100% Shrek is a powerful force indeed.

so when is this game on sale again

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wasn't that the pistol thing from MIB?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

Wasn't that the pistol thing from MIB?

Would you look at that. The page even mentions the SRIV incarnation!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I don't mean to double post, but I was teaching my friend how recording will go so he can guest in a few weeks and then this happened after we finished our recording session.

If it hasn't finished processing, come back in a few minutes!

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
Where you're going, you don't need roads!

I like the glitches this game can have. My first playthrough of the Enter the Dominatrix DLC had the final boss immediately fall through the ground to their eventual death upon entering the battle.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Mr. Soop posted:

Where you're going, you don't need roads!

I like the glitches this game can have. My first playthrough of the Enter the Dominatrix DLC had the final boss immediately fall through the ground to their eventual death upon entering the battle.

You misspelled features. These Randomized Immersion Enhancing Features only serve to complete the illusion that you are in a virtual world.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Wow, with all the carbon fibre and ceramics in modern cars they weigh practically nothing at all.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Man I wish I had more of these features happen my first time through. I forgot to mention it, but there are very slight spoilers in that bonus video. Also, I don't know how many of you are going to watch to the end, but to clarify, I completely lost movement control of my character after dropping from the sky at the end and I had to have my friend slowly drive me into the water so I could move again.

Also, cars totally have a use now. :krad:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

Also, cars totally have a use now. :krad:

You can also use them to get around quicker before you get infinite sprint, and the flying vehicles make towers really easy (although you won't get all the clusters).

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Huh. So the game is actually Saints Row but with Prototype/Crackdown's movement abilities. Nifty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

biosterous posted:

Huh. So the game is actually Saints Row but with Prototype/Crackdown's movement abilities. Nifty!

I had been playing a bunch of Infamous just before we recorded, and the movement feels remarkably similar.

• Locked thread